• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Dueck

Banned
almost None Season Pass for any Game is under mange Game. Go to te Store and search for it there should ne standig owned. Only if the sp is tight to a ingame Item then this Item is under manage Games

It says I still have to buy it in the store, and MS and Capcom both said I didn't own it after I provided them the details they wanted. It was also acknowledged that the code worked. The MS rep said on their end, it just came up as "game" rather than the RE7 season pass and that I got nothing from entering the code (but when I redeemed it, it said it was the season pass). I think the only reason this may not be a big deal is that it looks like it works properly, so nobody is getting worked up. MS basically said "there's a problem, but we don't know what, talk to Capcom" and Capcom told me "there's a problem, wait while we talk to MS about it."

I just wonder if this is everybody's or only certain batches.

The Goat

Great decision. Dont rush it, take it slow (and I mean SLOW), push the sticks only a bit to move slowly forward and dont be ashamed to switch to non-vr mode for boss fights.

If moving slow is still too much, move RE7 to the backburner for about 1-2 weeks, and play some other VR games every day, which helps a lot with getting used to VR.

Have fun!

Thanks for the tips! Definitely going to ease myself into the VR experience. Looking forward to digging in.

Spinky

Anyone else see the occasional hilariously bad texture pop-in on a PS4 Pro? Like, I'll be standing staring at something (wall, object, etc) point blank for a couple of seconds before the higher res texture pops in. Happened with the foliage/plants right at the beginning too.

Anyway, loving the game so far. Unsure how far in I am and don't want to know. I fear that I'm actually close to the end even though I'm just like 7 hours in. Been hearing it's a shorter game. =/

Also, are the three DLCs described above (with #1 hitting tomorrow) free, or are they the season pass?

None of these are free, there is a free story DLC coming later though.

rtcn63

Nah,playing on normal...

Bring the machine/shotgun, some health, and just run past everything. Hell bring the remote bombs too, they're fun. The neuro rounds do help in one specific encounter, but the last stretch gives you an item box before the grand finale so if you need to...

Are coins tied to the one save/playthrough or connected throughout all saves?

Same question for the Mr everywhere and any file collectables.
One playthrough for coins and files, I believe Everywheres are saved but I dunno for sure because I did it in my first run.

Finally got that Platinum! Good video game.

mxgt

Banned
Finished first play through, just shy of 10 hours. Played 5 hours straight this evening, first game in a long time to keep me so interested.

I think one of the major reasons I liked it so much is how 'real' it feels. The animations and graphical style combined with the first person view are superb and create a very lifelike atmosphere despite all the bizarre shit going on.

I will say I like the first half much more than the second, especially when it starts
throwing so many moulded at you.
. The mansion area is much more interesting, in my opinion.

Still, excellent game and far surpassed my expectations for it. Will definitely be replaying it for the other achievements in the coming days.

You did good, Capcom.

Semajer

Are coins tied to the one save/playthrough or connected throughout all saves?

Same question for the Mr everywhere and any file collectables.

Mr. Everywhere progress is retained on a new save, everything else is reset to 0 when you start a new save.

While this game isn't as intricate/complex as say the original, it has a similarity that tickles me enough: it's going to be hot fun, once again, memorizing the quickest steps to get to the end. Speedrunning is going to be really cool. We can compare the games and their environments and puzzles all damn day under the Louisianan sun but at least this game brought back that feeling.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Good game but its annoying the fuck out of me that i cant seem to do anything in the house without being stalked by the old bastard. Use all my ammo on him and he gets up again and i have none for the bullet sponge slimy fucks in the basement. Either im doing something wrong or this game is not for me. Knife is useless

While this game isn't as intricate/complex as say the original, it has a similarity that tickles me enough: it's going to be hot fun, once again, memorizing the quickest steps to get to the end. Speedrunning is going to be really cool. We can compare the games and their environments and puzzles all damn day under the Louisianan sun but at least this game brought back that feeling.
Yup. After a few runs you can tell that this game was done on a budget and is basically a big experiment that they weren't sure would completely pay off, but I think it's a huge success for what it is and I'm excited to see what they could do if they went all in on a sequel. I'm probably going to buy all the DLC.

Good game but its annoying the fuck out of me that i cant seem to do anything in the house without being stalked by the old bastard. Use all my ammo on him and he gets up again and i have none for the bullet sponge slimy fucks in the basement. Either im doing something wrong or this game is not for me. Knife is useless
Sometimes it's best just to run away. I think I killed 10 or so molded altogether in my first playthrough on normal.

mxgt

Banned

Don't even bother shooting him outside of the
necessary boss fights
. Not worth the ammo waste and you can just run from him.

kromeo

He goes back and forth between the kitchen and the recreation room upstairs. I used upgraded bullets to kill him once to grab the items from recreation room, that's the only place he really gets in the way. Only took 3 headshots

Yup. After a few runs you can tell that this game was done on a budget and is basically a big experiment that they weren't sure would completely pay off, but I think it's a huge success for what it is and I'm excited to see what they could do if they went all in on a sequel. I'm probably going to buy all the DLC.

Was done on a budget but honestly after Resident Evil 6, it was easy to speculate that it would be. They really overdid it on the game when it came to budget and the size of the team, and it was met with tons of criticism. Then they did Revelations 2 which was definitely on a budget, but the reception was better-- as it brought back some atmosphere and had a better story.

I'm totally fine with this. While I think Resident Evil is worthy enough to be "AAA" to the company (isn't it their strongest IP?) I think dialing it down has worked a lot. I've said this about other AAA franchises; while I really liked FFXV, for example, I wouldn't mind the next game, you know, not taking so long to make and not necessarily being a bloated open world game because open world is the cool fad right now.

So yeah, this game has some shortcomings, but I feel that they're not really detrimental, at least not too much toward what they were going for: atmosphere and suspense. They did good enough with the environments and puzzles, but that could be stronger next time. The shooting gameplay works for what it is, but again could be stronger. But if a lower budget means faster development periods that still lead to solid and more atmospheric games like 7 and Revelations 2, I'll continue to take budget titles over bloated ones.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
He goes back and forth between the kitchen and the recreation room upstairs. I used upgraded bullets to kill him once to grab the items from recreation room, that's the only place he really gets in the way. Only took 3 headshots

Plus you can just wait until after a boss fight as all enemies in the house will, including Jack, will despawn for a while which is a great time to go back and take your time looking for items you missed.

0racle

One playthrough for coins and files, I believe Everywheres are saved but I dunno for sure because I did it in my first run.

Finally got that Platinum! Good video game.

Mr. Everywhere progress is retained on a new save, everything else is reset to 0 when you start a new save.

Double shit.

So any coins I missed as well as files front the initial guest House I'm fucked?

I should not bother to collect them anymore ?

Semajer

Double shit.

So any coins I missed as well as files front the initial guest House I'm fucked?

I should not bother to collect them anymore ?

There's one coin in the initial house, and two files (both sides of a file by the boltcutters) that are gone for that save file if you didn't collect them. I think there's one extra coin on easy/normal, and you can use the dirty coin from the demo if you unlocked it to get the items, but you're screwed if you're going for the achievements.

m00h

Banned
I'm 90 minutes in, enjoying this game a lot so far, and it even runs smooth on my old GTX 460, which is impressive.

Now I think to cancel my playthrough, and wait till I get a PS4 so I can play it with PSVR.

0racle

There's one coin in the initial house, and two files (both sides of a file by the boltcutters) that are gone for that save file if you didn't collect them. I think there's one extra coin on easy/normal, and you can use the dirty coin from the demo if you unlocked it to get the items, but you're screwed if you're going for the achievements.

Thanks, I'll just hunt for Mr everywhere from here on out and enough coins to buy the first two upgrades

Was done on a budget but honestly after Resident Evil 6, it was easy to speculate that it would be. They really overdid it on the game when it came to budget and the size of the team, and it was met with tons of criticism. Then they did Revelations 2 which was definitely on a budget, but the reception was better-- as it brought back some atmosphere and had a better story.

I'm totally fine with this. While I think Resident Evil is worthy enough to be "AAA" to the company (isn't it their strongest IP?) I think dialing it down has worked a lot. I've said this about other AAA franchises; while I really liked FFXV, for example, I wouldn't mind the next game, you know, not taking so long to make and not necessarily being a bloated open world game because open world is the cool fad right now.

So yeah, this game has some shortcomings, but I feel that they're not really detrimental, at least not too much toward what they were going for: atmosphere and suspense. They did good enough with the environments and puzzles, but that could be stronger next time. The shooting gameplay works for what it is, but again could be stronger. But if a lower budget means faster development periods that still lead to solid and more atmospheric games like 7 and Revelations 2, I'll continue to take budget titles over bloated ones.
I agree! Basically I think the next game could be the Arkham City to this games Arkham Asylum if you feel what I'm saying. I absolutely think they made the right choice. I haven't paid $60 for a PS4 game since Dark Souls III, and I think this game was absolutely worth the price of admission.

Despite the budget, there aren't really areas where I thought "oh not this part again" on playthroughs, which even Resident Evil 4 has more than a few of.

I sincerely hope I have a while to go, but I just
opened the fridge with the head that said "The pig is waiting for you in the dissection room, bitch."

About what percent of the game do I have left?

So any impressions if the DLC is worth 10€? I really like the game but man, that is a hefty price to ask for something I assume is very short.

I agree! Basically I think the next game could be the Arkham City to this games Arkham Asylum if you feel what I'm saying. I absolutely think they made the right choice. I haven't paid $60 for a PS4 game since Dark Souls III, and I think this game was absolutely worth the price of admission.

Despite the budget, there aren't really areas where I thought "oh not this part again" on playthroughs, which even Resident Evil 4 has more than a few of.

The "Four Devas" approve of this direction.

Robiin

Fuck, this is the most tense I've felt from a video game ever. I am a real wuss when it comes to horror games and usually play for an hour before resorting to Youtube playthroughs. But my girlfriend is really invested and is pushing me forward.

Just arrived at the third area (
Lucas' party with all the tripwires
). How far along am I approximately?

I/we got stuck on a puzzle for the first time. It was in the videotape "Happy Birthday". We figured out how to
clean the telescope but we walked around for a good ten minutes before realizing we should look at the screens
. Was a nice change of pace overall.

xviper

the DLC is AMAZING, it's the best since Witcher 3 DLC, yes, i said it, at least for me

i only played the Escape the room part and haven't even finished it but i love it, my kind of thing, puzzles, amazing puzzles

i'm stuck at the part where
you adjust the shadows, i think there has been a glitch, there is a weird looking item that i cannot pick, like a dead rat, pretty sure i need it for the shadow but i can't pick it
Edit:
never mind, not a glitch, i just needed to use the fork

this is what the main game was missing, these kind of puzzles

bleaker

Easy mode and going for the speedrun achievement was really just not tense at all. Managed to beat it in about 2 hours and thirty five minutes with one restart because I was an idiot. If I decide to get the 1000gs I'm going to half to replay the game three more times, one collectible run, one madhouse/collectible run, and a final no box no healing run to top it off. Don't know if I'm going to go back to it right away, but replaying the game again made me appreciate the opening sections more and dislike the last third more then I did before.

Still great game, glad to see RE is back in top form.

Jawmuncher

Easy mode and going for the speedrun achievement was really just not tense at all. Managed to beat it in about 2 hours and thirty five minutes with one restart because I was an idiot. If I decide to get the 1000gs I'm going to half to replay the game three more times, one collectible run, one madhouse/collectible run, and a final no box no healing run to top it off. Don't know if I'm going to go back to it right away, but replaying the game again made me appreciate the opening sections more and dislike the last third more then I did before.

Still great game, glad to see RE is back in top form.

You could combine the no box and collectibles I think

a harpy

I just grabbed the £25 season pass and I notice that DLC1 is £8?

Does this mean there will be 3-4 PAID DLC?

These are US prices but I'm sure it'll help the pricing make sense:

One DLC is $10.

The next round of DLC is $15.

The last announced DLC is a story chapter (that's all we know about it), I'd guess it will be around $10.

And then there is the free DLC 'Not A Hero' coming in the Spring.

There may be more DLC. So far, the Banned Footage Vol. 1 and 2 look to be pretty damn meaty.

These are US prices but I'm sure it'll help the pricing make sense:

One DLC is $10.

The next round of DLC is $15.

The last announced DLC is a story chapter (that's all we know about it), I'd guess it will be around $10.

And then there is the free DLC 'Not A Hero' coming in the Spring.

There may be more DLC. So far, the Banned Footage Vol. 1 and 2 look to be pretty damn meaty.

Ah thanks dude, I thought it was 2 paid DLC then the free chapter.

No boss in the
ship
section? That was anticlimatic. 0 new enemies too. The level layout was cool, but I was disappointed with the enemy encounters.

Alfebit

Banned
Anyway to tell which weapons are better?

I'm assuming the double barrel shotgun is stronger with the trade-off of less ammo but I'm not really sure what the difference is between the handguns.

dedhead54

I was really, really enjoying the game until I go to
the fucking chainsaw boss fight. This shit is insanely annoying to me. I've tried it probably 7 times now. I can't try more than twice in a row before I have to turn it off and do something else to be less pissed off

xviper

just finished the BedRoom part of the DLC

WOW, not that's how you make an amazing DLC

took me 1h30m

and that's just only one part of the dlc, there are 3 in total, Bedroom, Nightmare and Ethan must die

i'll try the others now

it's just pisses me off how they cut this content from the game to sell at as "DLC"

it would have raised the game's scores, the BedRoom part of the DLC is right now the best part of the game for me

Top Bottom