• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

PolishQ

How do you access the DLC tapes? Do you play them from the main menu or are they added to your item box in-game? Or do you find them in the world?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
beat him to the punch :D
There is a key to the car to the right of where the fight starts
I'm always amazed that people don't know this.
My instinct when this fight started was to NOT engage Jack at all. As before I figured it was run away time. Run away and it wont take you long to see those car keys. I actually assumed this part was scripted when I first did it. It blew my mind when I found out how differently this scene could play out.

myco666

This Madhouse mode is pretty exhausting. I have a feeling that I am going to get fucked in the end for not having enough resources.

Stronger than it was last gen at least for sure. RE7, Alien: Isolation, Bloodborne, The Evil Within, Until Dawn. 5 good to excellent AAA horror games in the past 2 years is more than we got in the entirety of last gen.

You could say it is on life support then. Hopefully we will get more soon. Also is FF considered AAA?

Mia's easy - you can get her to charge at you and each time it's 100% blockable, freeing up a few headshots as she staggers. Rinse and repeat. I missed a load of shots and still had ammo spare by the time it was over on Madhouse. If you try any other route then it's definitely a challenge. Do not fight her up close. Get her to cut down the walls and doors and just run around in circles so she has the space to charge you. Easy peasy. :D

WHAT? You can block that?

Toa TAK

Banned
how do you beat the garage part? i wear him down but then he just runs me over with the car.

RIP cop, thanks for the knife.

If he's already in the car, trying knifing him as he's doing donuts or as he's backing up.

That's what I did on my first playthrough since I got in the car, turned it on, and then got dragged out.

Struct09

I've never really liked any Resident Evil games (including 4), but decided to check out 7 since it seemed to reboot the series in an interesting way. It ended up being the first RE game I played through to completion and I really enjoyed it. The game is focused and dense, and is the best AAA horror game I've played since Dead Space 1.

My only minor nitpick is that some of the boss fights have tedious sections that lead up to them doing an unexpected instant kill, meaning you have to do the tedious crap all over again.

Newboi

WHAT? You can block that?

Yup, you'll get the same charging animation from her if you are shooting at her and are at a far enough distance. That charging animation is 100% blockable with the axe equiped. Basically shoot her in the head, get the charge animation, quickly switch to the axe, block, wack her in the head with the axe, run away, repeat.

It makes an unbeliveably grueling fight into a pretty easy one. It becomes even easier if you focus on getting her to cut down the walls and the doors at the start of the fight to give you plenty of running and breathing room.

Shari

Havent run through the thread lately so sorry if this was already asked.

Is there any good jumpscares compilation video out there? VR or otherwise, I just think there is some brilliant content here for that.

myco666

Yup, you'll get the same charging animation from her if you are shooting at her and are at a far enough distance. That charging animation is 100% blockable with the axe equiped. Basically shoot her in the head, get the charge animation, quickly switch to the axe, block, wack her in the head with the axe, run away, repeat.

It makes an unbeliveably grueling fight into a pretty easy one. It becomes even easier if you focus on getting her to cut down the walls and the doors at the start of the fight to give you plenty of running and breathing room.

You tell me this now when I spent all that time trying to dodge her attacks and stop the charge with pistol. Oh well atleast I managed to do it "flawlessly".

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
3 hours in and I'm enjoying it after fixing my performance issues, it's creepy and scary but not too scary to enjoy for a wimp like myself. The atmosphere is really fantastic and the voice work is top notch, coupled with really great visuals and the whole game just feels very high quality. I can see why it's reviewing so well and I can't wait to jump back in tomorrow.

Spinky

There's a glitch with Marguerite where her face doesn't animate as she talks. Has happened to me twice now and kind of ruined those moments.

d00d3n

Gaah, I am too afraid to start this. Thinking of giving myself the circular saw to neuter the stalkers. Is this possible through downloading a save file, or are saves encrypted to the Steam account to make this impossible?

This is supposedly a method if you want to do this

Unai

Is there a list with missables? I wanted something that would tell me like:
- Area 01: 1 coin, 2 files;
- Area 02: 5 coins, 7 files, 10 bubbleheads,

Without telling me exactly where they are.

myco666

So how common are tapes in Madhouse?

Two tapes at every recorder and around halfway point it seems like you start only getting one per recorder. There are few scattered around the map too. For what its worth I think there is okay amount as I have 6-7 right before
mutated Jack
fight.

Bought the season pass as the game is great and impressions for the first slice are solid. Also really like the theme that comes with the SP purchase. No logos or bullshit just simple imagery and creepy music.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Um....you don't have an axe for this part. All you have is a gun.

So I'm 8 hours into the game and
the happy birthday VHS/Ethan attempt was great. And I seriously loved the boss fight after it. Felt so much like resident evil. The ship VHS was a bit lame honestly. The little girl, the machine gun, etc. Just felt out of place and not at all in the same tone as anything else. The overall story is also utterly uninteresting. The demo was intriguing, as was the first few hours of the game, but the mystery isn't really there anymore.

Two tapes at every recorder and around halfway point it seems like you start only getting one per recorder. There are few scattered around the map too. For what its worth I think there is okay amount as I have 6-7 right before
mutated Jack
fight.
Oh that doesn't seem that bad. I could probably get through the house without saving if the route is not too different.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hope one of the DLC's for the third pack is just go around filming episodes of sewer gators

The third DLC isn't a collection of short stuff like the first two are, it's a full sidestory campaign chapter. Don't know what it's about yet like Not A Hero though, it's currently a mystery.

Alienous

Anyone know how to find these
dead rats
in the Bedroom DLC? There's a trophy for it, didn't see a single one.

As I recall
one is on top of a wardrobe in the projector room, one is in the corner of the room with the bed (in front of you on the left side if you're in bed), and one is found in the second batch of food if you eat some of it.

I'm not sure if that's them all though.

Spinky

As I recall
one is on top of a wardrobe in the projector room, one is in the corner of the room with the bed (in front of you on the left side if you're in bed), and one is found in the second batch of food if you eat some of it.

I'm not sure if that's them all though.
Hm, thanks, I'll take a look.

EDIT: That is all of them, yeah boi.

Alienfan

It's impossible to find this game where I live (and apparently really hard in New Zealand and some parts of Australia). They must have had low expectations

heringer

Ok, I'm a pussy for horror games but I managed to play up until the
car explosion in the garage
and so far so good. Does it get worse or easier in terms of horror?

BabyDuck666

Neo Member
Regarding Ethan Must Die, you can destroy the statue that marks your death for an item you got in the previous run. Hope this helps! It's still Hell though :)

Top Bottom