• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Kind of embarrassed to say but I can't get past the
shadow hunter puzzle
... like I know 'what to do' - I just cannot for life of me get it to line up correctly, it looks like it should be good, but I can't get it to 'complete'

Anyone else have any frustration with this puzzle?

hughesta

Banned
shadow hunter puzzle
... like I know 'what to do' - I just cannot for life of me get it to line up correctly, it looks like it should be good, but I can't get it to 'complete'

Press X (or your X equivalent)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
shadow hunter puzzle

This is going to sound silly but I made this mistake on the first one, but did you click the 'confirm' button. The game is pretty lenient with the positioning, but on the first one for a bit I kept trying to line it up perfectly and it wouldn't go through, until I realized I needed to click the 'confirm' button. XD;

fuck. just got to the old house, built the flamethrower. the freaking old lady keeps stalking me and throwing bugs at me. I was able to escape, solve the spider puzzle and accessEd a secret passage. I get the crow key, and when I am going to open the door, she fucking scares the shit out of me and push me to a pit. I can't climb because she keep throwing bugs at me. I use the flamethrower, then shotgun, I stun her, but on my way up the stairs to escape from the hole, she throws more bugs at me. what the fuck? how do you do here?

Having a major issue with the game. Played last night, completing Madhouse. Bought the Season Pass. Turned everything off properly.

Turn the system on. No Banned Footage Vol. 1 downloaded. Ok, no problem, I'll do a manual download as it happens from time to time.

This time an error message appears. E-82000168. Which can't be right, as I'm connected to PSN just fine otherwise.

So go to start the game. Capcom, Havok, Simplygon, RE Engine...and the it gets stuck on a screen saying Loading Game, do Not Turn Off System.

Anyone else running into this or know a solution?

fuck. just got to the old house, built the flamethrower. the freaking old lady keeps stalking me and throwing bugs at me. I was able to escape, solve the spider puzzle and accessEd a secret passage. I get the crow key, and when I am going to open the door, she fucking scares the shit out of me and push me to a pit. I can't climb because she keep throwing bugs at me. I use the flamethrower, then shotgun, I stun her, but on my way up the stairs to escape from the hole, she throws more bugs at me. what the fuck? how do you do here?

It's a boss fight.
Just heads shot her when she appears, flamethrower if she manages to send a swarm...shotgun to the big sting flies if not outright ignore them. She'll go down quick.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Gotta' knock her into the put, which is achieved by dealing enough damage to her. It's a boss battle.

Ok so I can't stand the fucking combat in this game. I can't even get past the
basement zombies
within the first two hours of the game.

You could always try running past enemies if you're having trouble. There is 0 reward for killing basic enemies in this game, so you're not missing out on anything.

If you close the doors behind you, they can't follow you, but of course there might be new enemies in the room.

Having a major issue with the game. Played last night, completing Madhouse. Bought the Season Pass. Turned everything off properly.

Turn the system on. No Banned Footage Vol. 1 downloaded. Ok, no problem, I'll do a manual download as it happens from time to time.

This time an error message appears. E-82000168. Which can't be right, as I'm connected to PSN just fine otherwise.

So go to start the game. Capcom, Havok, Simplygon, RE Engine...and the it gets stuck on a screen saying Loading Game, do Not Turn Off System.

It's a boss fight.
Just heads shot her when she appears, flamethrower if she manages to send a swarm...shotgun to the big sting flies if not outright ignore them. She'll go down quick.

Gotta' knock her into the put, which is achieved by dealing enough damage to her. It's a boss battle.

so I don't have to climb the stairs to kill her? just keep shooting from the pit ?

Timeaisis

Is there a shortcut back to the main house from
the boathouse
? Somehow I missed the
good shotgun
, although I have the repair kit and the
fake one

This is going to sound silly but I made this mistake on the first one, but did you click the 'confirm' button. The game is pretty lenient with the positioning, but on the first one for a bit I kept trying to line it up perfectly and it wouldn't go through, until I realized I needed to click the 'confirm' button. XD;

Thanks for the reply - I enjoy watching your videos by the way, watched your 'play through' of Saya no Uta 😉

Just beat the bedroom. The last step had me stumped. Would have never thought that.

I enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind one room per DLC pack.

I tried Nightmare. Not bad. Definitely a COD Zombies type of mode.

Ethan Must Die...LOL. Ok...you got me. Shit is hard! I was able to find a shotgun but that did no good. Definitely defend!

Overall, I'm satisfied with this DLC. Crazy that we get another one in 2 weeks!

TheRed

Finished the game, really enjoyed it. I've never even really completed a horror game other than the first Dead Space, and that was because that game had tons of weapons I felt safe.

Same thing happened here, once I got more and more weapons the scare factor dropped but the environment design was still amazing all the way through. I really loved the setting.

Only complaint I had is even to an easily scared person like myself the molded enemies always looked goofy and didn't scare me aside from being scared of dying.
The necromorphs in Dead Space were much creepier as generic enemies for that game.

so I don't have to climb the stairs to kill her? just keep shooting from the pit ?

Correct.

the boathouse
? Somehow I missed the
good shotgun
fake one

I think you're out of luck there unfortunately. I've never tried going back from there, but The
Happy Birthday Puzzle
seems essentially the point of no-return.

Timeaisis

Haha, did the same thing.

BlackJace

An hour in and I'm floored. I can't wait to play more tomorrow
AU7Amsc.gif

Dsyndrome

May have something to do with this, I can't download it either, and I have the Season Pass:
https://status.playstation.com/en-us/
Hopefully will be able to soon, otherwise I may need to wait until tomorrow.

DirtyLarry

I must be the slowest RE7 player there is seeing some of the Stat screenshots.
According to my stats, and granted I went old school on a few occasions and just chilled in a safe room as I did shit around the house, but maybe 30 minutes total.
The game says I am at 12:30 and I just
made the choice between Zoe and Mia.
I also Retried a whole, whole lot of sections, just knowing I could do them better and conserve more ammo, etc., but even still, I feel like I am really taking my sweet time here.
Amazingly I only currently have 6 of the
Mr Hero Bobbleheads or whatever they are called
too.

Such a damn good game though.

Finally watched the launch trailer now that I beat the game. It's spoilery as all fuck, but maaaan its a pretty hype trailer. Makes me wanna play the whole game again.

bumpkin

Finally watched the launch trailer now that I beat the game. It's spoilery as all fuck, but maaaan its a pretty hype trailer. Makes me wanna play the whole game again.
I watched it earlier and I couldn't get over how much it spoils. I get wanting to put the game's best foot forward when trying to build hype, but giving away so many set pieces and scenes in the trailer is a bit much.

I didn't buy the season pass, but I'm thinking about going for it. I really enjoy the game and finished the main story a day or two ago, so I'm looking to spend more time in the game; especially in VR.

OniBaka

Same with me lol, I think I was trying for like 10mins before I pressed X.

I'm starting to get a better feel for Ethan Must Die in terms of which enemies to dodge and who needs to be killed.

I think the longest I've survived is about 10 min.

Remember to close the door behind you so enemies don't come in.

Also remember to stand next to a box and listen for the ticking sound before attempting to destroy it.

Some traps can be your friend if you lure enemies into them.

Really want to play more but I need some sleep.

I was stuck for a while. Then I remembered the
"three a's and a hand print" and it was very clear. That took longer than it should've heh.

Just made it to the
old house
- have no idea what to do from here, am I supposed to do allot of back tracking at this point?
objective just says to search old house for serum
- I'm unable to reach parts due to the floor being destroyed, please help...

Okay
so I saved Mia and played the game through. Do I have to go back and save Zoe to get the full story of the game? Or would this be considered "beating" RE7?
End game spoilers and question.

Okay
so I saved Mia and played the game through. Do I have to go back and save Zoe to get the full story of the game? Or would this be considered "beating" RE7?
End game spoilers and question.

There's very little difference based on who you pick to save. I would just look up the differences on youtube if you're not interested in playing the game again.

goonie

the boathouse
? Somehow I missed the
good shotgun
fake one
No shortcut really, but you can go back. The
Happy Birthday door unlocks
at a certain point. I think the point of no return is
after that next boss fight, but I'm not too sure.

I really enjoyed Bedroom, would love more content like that. Didn't try nightmare, but gave Ethan Must Die a shot, and it was also a lot of fun, but hard as shit. Made progress though.

Roussow

Ethan Must Die is straight up masochistic, but I won't lie I'm having a great time with it. Although you throw me in a debate style scenario and ask me to defend the design of it, I'll lose in a second.

Finally completed it the first time last night

7 hours 25 minutes
2 restarts (Had no idea I was supposed to
run jack over)

31/32 files. Bullshit.

That's my first playthrough - was expecting at least a few hours longer. I took my time too.

4 hours should be a breeze.

noomi

So uh... i cant play banned footage on my ps4.

Every time i try to load it up, the game crashes right after the short intro movie, what the fuck?

Anyone else?

Kazuhira

Which shotgun is the best? the one in the main hall or the one behind the scorpion door?
I wanna know if it's worth using 5 coins to get the scorpion key just for that weapon.

Dantooine

Banned
The one behind the door, by far.

That's the one that
has to be repaired
right?

I just started my Madhouse run last night. I completed Normal a few days ago and wanted to go in fresh. The fact that you now need tapes to save and it hardly ever auto saves makes this mode much more intense. It's great having death be a real consequence.

I played for about an hour after
the Jack garage fight
without saving (I'm pretty sure it didn't auto save) and whole whole time was tense as fuck. But I do find that I'm running around with more ammo (25 enhanced handgun rounds). Jack is certainly more annoying but he's still pretty easy to out run. There's that great shortcut
upstairs where you can jump down the broken stairs and land near the save room
that has saved my ass a number of times. I also never bother firing a gun a him as it's just a waste of ammo.

And the
Albert
is fucking great. Is there any point in using anything else?

So uh... i cant play banned footage on my ps4.

Every time i try to load it up, the game crashes right after the short intro movie, what the fuck?

Anyone else?

I couldnt even get that far. Just gets stuck on the load game right before it does all the content checks and informing about the save icon. Banned Footage Vol. 1. never downloaded and will not in manual attempts.

PSN worked fine. Could access the store and Netflix. For Honor update downloaded and installed in the duration. Restored my licenses because why not (game is physical, not digital, but maybe the season pass content was an issue).

I'll make another attempt tonight. If still no dice, I'll try and uninstall and install, and finally wipe save data (after back up) if the rest fails. Had no issues until I bought the Season Pass.

There's that great shortcut
upstairs where you can jump down the broken stairs and land near the save room
that has saved my ass a number of times. I also never bother firing a gun a him as it's just a waste of ammo.

And the
Albert
is fucking great. Is there any point in using anything else?

And here I thought I'd seen everything in the game. I'll have to try that next time.

The
Circular Saw
wins over the
Albert
in most situations.
Stun locks Jack in each fight, both boss and pursuit.
Typically will halt
Moulded attacks
and makes quick work of them. The
four legged Moulded will actually decapitate themselves when they leap at you
. The only major drawbacks is that it's useless on
Fat Moulded due to the acid bile
and it can get more difficult to deal with the
difficulty tick up of the Moulded at the Detention Room.

Oh yo, wtf. I bought the season pass a couple days ago so I could play DLC I thought was coming out yesterday. Didn't know they were doing that bullshit moneyhatting.

Can you refund season passes? I'm not going to be interested in this game that close to Switch launch.

Edit: Refund successful. Thx for moneyhatting, Sony.

The one behind the door, by far.
Oh wow, for some reason I didn't even consider
repairing it.

kromeo

I must be the slowest RE7 player there is seeing some of the Stat screenshots.
According to my stats, and granted I went old school on a few occasions and just chilled in a safe room as I did shit around the house, but maybe 30 minutes total.
The game says I am at 12:30 and I just
made the choice between Zoe and Mia.
I also Retried a whole, whole lot of sections, just knowing I could do them better and conserve more ammo, etc., but even still, I feel like I am really taking my sweet time here.
Amazingly I only currently have 6 of the
Mr Hero Bobbleheads or whatever they are called
too.

Such a damn good game though.

I finished the game in 12 hours and that's already far longer than most people, sounds like you're going to clear 15

The Intro cutscene is always unskippable. Not sure why it's like this. You pretty much won't see any of the unlocks you gained from your first playthrough until you reach the item box for the first time.

Also, good luck fighting Mia!
Oh, ugh... Just got to that part. I don't know if I like the combat in this game enough to put up with this.

Also, that checkpoint is dumb.

Edit: How does the Madhouse save system work? Are checkpoints also saves?

Top Bottom