• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Newboi

Um....you don't have an axe for this part. All you have is a gun.

lol,
you didn't know that you could pick the axe back up after "killing" mia the first time? When she leaves through the door back into the guest house, you can go pick up the axe from where her body was laying after you got thrown through the boarded up door into the reading room.

Newboi

Lol at
mutated Jack
fight. Once the fight was over I had more resources that I had when I started the fight. Gotta love that circular saw.

The game is absolutely trivialized with that weapon...I love it! It's like the Chicago Typewriter of RE7 lol.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Finally finished it, excellent game but I had feeling and I said it months and well.
it has nothing to do with Resident Evil
giphy.gif

game would have better if they kept the Supernatural stuff call it something else and didn't badly try and make it a Bioweapon towards the end and connect it to Resident Evil, and the end OMG, WTF is that it's connection Resident Evil?
But it was a fantastic game.

myco666

The game is absolutely trivialized with that weapon...I love it! It's like the Chicago Typewriter of RE7 lol.

I wish this game had some broken ranged weapons too.

Finally finished it, excellent game but I had feeling and I said it months and well.
giphy.gif

game would have better if they kept the Supernatural stuff and didn't badly try and make it a Biohazard towards the end, and the end OMG, WTF is that it's connection Resident Evil?

So it is like RE4 back in the day?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I wish this game had some broken ranged weapons too.

So it is like RE4 back in the day?
No you'd wish it was RE4 back in the day, The game was obviously changed to give it a connection and rushed.
Complete it and visit the spoiler thread.

dyergram

Shooting by aiming with your face feels so natural I hope we get more games that control like this in vr. I was thinking maybe a vr swat game would be perfect for vr.

Kazuhira

Is it me or changing ammo types is kinda fucked? I lose the bullets inside the gun after switching types.
Lets say i have 17 enhanced bullets and 20 normal in my inventory,my gun is fully loaded with normal ones but after switching i still have the same amount of normal ammo and 7 enhanced types.

FLD

It is so OP.

Holy shit, you weren't kidding. Started abusing it and he's even more of a joke now than he was on normal. Even
the chainsaw fight
was over in seconds hahaha. Thanks to that, ammo is no longer an issue (or even necessary lol).

myco666

No you'd wish it was RE4 back in the day, The game was obviously changed to give it a connection and rushed.

RE4 had barely any connections to earlier titles. How it was obviously changed?
I have done both already.

Edit.
I guess the magnum might technically count as that...once you get infinite ammo.

I need something even more broken.

goonie

Is it me or changing ammo types is kinda fucked? I lose the bullets inside the gun after switching types.
Lets say i have 17 enhanced bullets and 20 normal in my inventory,my gun is fully loaded with normal ones but after switching i still have the same amount of normal ammo and 7 enhanced types.
The different ammo types have their own magazine. If you were to put those seven enhanced bullets in the item box now, you'd still be able to switch back to enhanced ammo and have a full clip. Does that make sense? I'm confusing myself now.

What a load of crap, the game is Resident Evil from the foundations upwards. Just because it doesn't expand the overall lore in any meaningful way doesn't make it any less of a resident evil game. The thought that this was designed as another game and transformed into a resident evil game at the last second is laughable.

How is this in normal mode? I've been playing it in vr but after an hour and a half I feel sick and want to put in more time but I physically can't. Is it still scary outside of vr because I shit myself playing it that way.

Unai

And Resident Evil 4 barely moved the plot forward too. In hindsight it was important because of the things it started like the parasitas, but at the time it had almost nothing important for the lore. Maybe the next few games will make this one important, who knows.

Regarding this game tying into the lore, I haven't finished it yet but
I've seen enough to feel that it personally does
. I'm assuming
Mia is an Umbrella operative and Evelyn, the girl is some kind of new BOW or something
but that's just my speculation right now. If so that's a lot better for me than whatever the fuck RE4 was.

Santar

The Ethan Must Die mode in the DLC isn't all bad, it can get pretty tense at times.
I wish items were in drawers and closets like in the real game though, having them all be in big boxes makes it all seem so artificial.

Jinroh

Is the first puzzle in the DLC supposed to make any sense? I find it really, really annoying. I'm tired to start all over again each time for something that apparently doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever.

Death okay I get it, but then 4 beasts? And no idea for the last one. I tried all combinations with the first element being death and nothing works. So, so, so annoying.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Is the first puzzle in the DLC supposed to make any sense? I find it really, really annoying. I'm tired to start all over again each time for something that apparently doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever.

Death okay I get it, but then 4 beasts? And no idea for the last one. I tried all combinations with the first element being death and nothing works. So, so, so annoying.

Try that combination with the paintings
;)

valeu

i'm 6 hours in and just
torched the bugs away, revealing the staircase down to the cellar in the second house.
This is unquestionably the scariest game I've ever played, or horror thing of any kind that I've experienced. I play alone, at night, in the dark, vr-only, headphones on, a little bit at a time, accomplishing a few goals for 20 minutes, then I quit, because that's all I can handle of "being" in that world. I hope the creators get the accolades they deserve

When does this game take place? I swear the house seems more like the original Resident Evil mansion. The layout even seems the same. But because of that you feel like you're playing a first person Resident Evil 1 and I love it so far. I can't imagine in VR!

Cubed

Woo-hoo!

Just finished my Madhouse run and picked up all 33 Antique Coins along the way. So, all that's really left is doing the item box run and I have the Platinum.

When does this game take place? I swear the house seems more like the original Resident Evil mansion. The layout even seems the same. But because of that you feel like you're playing a first person Resident Evil 1 and I love it so far. I can't imagine in VR!

Latter part of this year, it's roughly 4 years after the events of RE6.

Skab

giphy.gif

game would have better if they kept the Supernatural stuff call it something else and didn't badly try and make it a Bioweapon towards the end and connect it to Resident Evil, and the end OMG, WTF is that it's connection Resident Evil?

This post doesn't really make sense.

I actually think the Nightmare DLC is a lot of fun, haven't played much of the other two modes yet. But it absolutely feels like something that should have been in the base game. Having an unlockable bonus mode has been a series tradition since RE2, and the only other mainline game to buck that trend was REmake.

It also suffers in the same way the main game does from having
nothing to fight but molded.

JTripper

Ok so I can't stand the fucking combat in this game. I can't even get past the
basement zombies
within the first two hours of the game.

Top Bottom