• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

T.O.P

Banned
Oh, ugh... Just got to that part. I don't know if I like the combat in this game enough to put up with this.

Also, that checkpoint is dumb.

Just bait her through closed doors, 2 headshots each time she enters

You can also block her running charge and get no damage whatsoever, it's rather easy if you know that really :)

noomi

I couldnt even get that far. Just gets stuck on the load game right before it does all the content checks and informing about the save icon. Banned Footage Vol. 1. never downloaded and will not in manual attempts.

PSN worked fine. Could access the store and Netflix. For Honor update downloaded and installed in the duration. Restored my licenses because why not (game is physical, not digital, but maybe the season pass content was an issue).

I'll make another attempt tonight. If still no dice, I'll try and uninstall and install, and finally wipe save data (after back up) if the rest fails. Had no issues until I bought the Season Pass.

I had a similar problem. I deleted the DLC then installed again and it worked.

Oh man, that's a bummer. Thankfully the DLC download wasn't very large so I'll try deleting it and reinstalling first. Was really hoping to play this morning, but was met with crashes and errors instead :/

Thanks for the info guys.

h0tp0ck3t

you can hear it ticking when its a bomb

Also remember to stand next to a box and listen for the ticking sound before attempting to destroy it.

Well now I feel like an idiot. I had headphones on and everything lol

Edit: Also I'm glad I blazed through easy to get the
circular saw
before returning to madhouse because I was shitting bricks when I saw that there was now
Molded in the Old House

Damn, reading some of these threads makes me realize how much I somehow missed despite thinking I was being extremely thorough regarding secrets and collectibles.

Now I'm pissed that I only had it as a rental, want to play through it again. I completely forgot about the
toy axe and toy shotgun in my inventory, never got the Magnum
and the list goes on and on...

Well now I feel like an idiot. I had headphones on and everything lol

Lol, don't feel bad. It's happened to me as well.

I didn't find out about that until I died and read one of the tips they give you on the loading screen. They talk about the sound and the color of the tape around the box.

The Lamp

I just finished about 3 hours or so.

That first half hour of the game is utter dread. I don't want to fucking open any doors.

Now the game has settled into its RE rhythm of combat.

No way in hell am I playing this in VR. Some of those segments would have killed me

Chabbles

10/10 damn near perfection. i cant wait for REmake2 cause Capcom clearly still got it and know full well how to make a good Resi game.

myco666

Madhouse run done and Platinum get. This mode throws so much Chem Fluids at you its ridiculous. I don't think you can even combine all of them lol. Also does this mode have way fewer lockpicks compared to normal? Had to leave few boxes unopened because I couldn't find enough of lockpicks even with xray glasses.

ok, so the season pass is 30 bucks, but 2 DLC announced cost 10 bucks and 15 bucks (total $25). I heard the 3rd DLC is free. so where is the extra $5 of the season pass going?

bumpkin

Madhouse run done and Platinum get. This mode throws so much Chem Fluids at you its ridiculous. I don't think you can even combine all of them lol. Also does this mode have way fewer lockpicks compared to normal? Had to leave few boxes unopened because I couldn't find enough of lockpicks even with xray glasses.
I was annoyed that I'm relatively certain I concocted all of the chem + item combinations and the trophy didn't unlock for me. Does it need to be done all at the same time or something?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so glad I decided to play this even though I'm a complete wimp, it's really not that scary but it's scary enough to keep you on your toes, and they don't use jump scares too often so when they do they really get you (or they do me at least). The atmosphere really is the highlight of the game so far.

I'm now 4.5 hours deep and enjoying it a lot, I do have some niggles for example inventory space, it's just not enough IMO, I'm constantly unstable to pick stuff (
I just got the extra backpack
), should I not be carrying 4 weapons? I seem to always have use for them. Overall the difficulty feels good on normal, a few really tough bits but mostly OK, my biggest problem is running out of ammo and/or healing, more than once I've been running around with a knife on red HP.

rtcn63

I'm so glad I decided to play this even though I'm a complete wimp, it's really not that scary but it's scary enough to keep you on your toes, and they don't use jump scares too often so when they do they really get you (or they do me at least). The atmosphere really is the highlight of the game so far.

I'm now 4.5 hours deep and enjoying it a lot, I do have some niggles for example inventory space, it's just not enough IMO, I'm constantly unstable to pick stuff (
), should I not be carrying 4 weapons? I seem to always have use for them. Overall the difficulty feels good on normal, a few really tough bits but mostly OK, my biggest problem is running out of ammo and/or healing, more than once I've been running around with a knife on red HP.

Yeah, the inventory is heavily classic RE (and RE5) inspired. Carry only the items you absolutely need with you unless there's an upcoming situation that warrants the extra health and firepower. (For me it was knife, handgun, and one first aid med 95% of the time. Even then handgun bullets are plentiful enough later that the knife isn't necessary for opening boxes). ALWAYS stop by a save room if you're nearby, those antique coins and chem fluids...

Pinky

Banned
Finally got this bad boy in the mail yesterday and fired it up last night.

WOW!!!!

I’m a couple hours into the game and I’ve
managed to escape from the house through the door with the 3 dog heads. I made it over to the little travel trailer/safe house right outside and stopped for the night.

So far, the game is incredible. Say what you will about the first-person perspective, but the game feels like Resident Evil through and through. I’m loving the atmosphere, the tension, the characters, combat, etc…

If the game keeps delivering as it has so far, this could very well end up being my favorite entry in the series. REmake and RE4 sit very high on my list, but 7 is climbing rather quickly.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Say what you will about the first-person perspective, but the game feels like Resident Evil through and through. I’m loving the atmosphere, the tension, the characters, combat, etc…

I think it's the best decision they've ever made, they took a gamble and it paid off big. If the next game isn't in the same style I'd be very disappointed. They managed to breath new life into the series.

myco666

I was annoyed that I'm relatively certain I concocted all of the chem + item combinations and the trophy didn't unlock for me. Does it need to be done all at the same time or something?

In same playthrough for sure. What I did was, I looked up a list of all the stuff you can do and then just go through it. After the trophy pops just load last save to undo them.

Here are all the stuff you can mix

Supplements
Herb
Gunpowder
Solid Fuel

so there are 8 items in total you need to do.

Oh god no. Just one or two weapons + knife.

Pinky

Banned
I think it's the best decision they've ever made, they took a gamble and it paid off big. If the next game isn't in the same style I'd be very disappointed. They managed to breath new life into the series.

I agree. It certainly did pay off. I love the third-person view from the older games, but I'm really sold on first-person in this game. The series works well from both perspectives. Maybe future games could incorporate both perspectives to satisfy both sides of the aisle, though such a move could create gameplay complications. They'd have to find a fine balance.

Goddamnit, I've just arrived in the
kid's bedroom after placing the lantern.
Too scared to continue, it's fucking dark in there. How bad are they going to fuck with me?

kromeo

Goddamnit, I've just arrived in the
kid's bedroom after placing the lantern.
Too scared to continue, it's fucking dark in there. How bad are they going to fuck with me?

Maybe the best part of the game but
there's nothing to be scared of

LUXURY

Just finished the game.
To me, the game dropped quality significantly once you got to the boat. The inclusion of a haunted/demon child girl was such a bland and lazy move. I've seen that in almost every horror movie for the past decade. And the fact that she's running around disappearing and turning people into mutants and murderers however when I face her she stands there and blows wind at me that I block with my hands why she just screams until I grab and stick her with the needle was lame and anti-climatic. I kept waiting for one last harrowing boss fight that never came.

There was one person a while ago who said the second half was a sort of hallway shooter and I agree. Through the caves all I was doing was shooting things that fell from above me while the little girl laughed. The first half of this game was truly entertaining and a little frightening. This was still better than the last few Resident Evils however, but at times it makes it hard to even call it a Resident Evil game. Maybe it's because I'm so used to the old games and I'm fine with that formula but this could be renamed something else as a brand new franchise and no one would know.

Only just got to the first save point, going to start the game proper later, was just messing with the settings. I don't usually play horror games as I scare easily even though I'm a huge horror fan but I love the Resident Evil series and most impressions I've read about 7 have been very positive.

FZm52PH.gif

926DQhU.gif

myco666

Just finished the game.
To me, the game dropped quality significantly once you got to the boat. The inclusion of a haunted/demon child girl was such a bland and lazy move. I've seen that in almost every horror movie for the past decade. And the fact that she's running around disappearing and turning people into mutants and murderers however when I face her she stands there and blows wind at me that I block with my hands why she just screams until I grab and stick her with the needle was lame and anti-climatic. I kept waiting for one last harrowing boss fight that never came.

There was one person a while ago who said the second half was a sort of hallway shooter and I agree. Through the caves all I was doing was shooting things that fell from above me while the little girl laughed. The first half of this game was truly entertaining and a little frightening. This was still better than the last few Resident Evils however, but at times it makes it hard to even call it a Resident Evil game. Maybe it's because I'm so used to the old games and I'm fine with that formula but this could be renamed something else as a brand new franchise and no one would know.

Yeah the
Eveline thing is bad and the story takes a huge dive at the boat. Mines are something I actually like though. Going from the slow pace to more action for the finale was great decision IMO.

Dartastic

Sooooooo...

I just got into the (early game)
yard, after opening the 3 headed dog door
and I'm wondering what weapon to upgrade. I have one repair kit, and I'm thinking I should use it to repair the broken shotgun? I don't know if it's the best decision though. Help? Also, how far in the game am I? I'm not playing much nightly because after an hour or so it's too tense for me, hahah.

Early spoilers

So Jack can
cut off your leg and make you crawl towards him to get it?! I didn't get to see that. Watched it happen to a streamer. Dude also ran over by Jack in the garage. Jack never got to take the car away from me. Dang.

That's neato.

h0tp0ck3t

Sooooooo...

I just got into the (early game)
yard, after opening the 3 headed dog door
and I'm wondering what weapon to upgrade. I have one repair kit, and I'm thinking I should use it to repair the broken shotgun? I don't know if it's the best decision though. Help? Also, how far in the game am I? I'm not playing much nightly because after an hour or so it's too tense for me, hahah.

Shotgun. The handgun is trash

Edit: Lengthwise that's probably 25%

Acheteedo

Anyone know why the game doesn't allow surround sound in PSVR? I can see on my amp that Dolby Digital is working when I load up the console, then the game, but when I switch on VR mode it deactivates and and goes to Pro Logic instead, so I don't get any of the surround sound goodness... I know, I know, it's better with headphones, but I'm hot-seating this game with a friend and it's difficult to communicate with head/earphones in.

I've tried changing the in-game audio settings to surround sound and it doesn't make a difference.

Hmm, thinking about it, does proper speaker-based 5.1 not work in *any* VR since your relative head position is always changing so the sound would have to "shift around" with you?

Early spoilers

So Jack can
cut off your leg and make you crawl towards him to get it?! I didn't get to see that. Watched it happen to a streamer. Dude also ran over by Jack in the garage. Jack never got to take the car away from me. Dang.

That's neato.

He did that to me, the
stealing the car and running me over part I meant.

I was deeply upset by both Jack's and my disregard for that badass 70s ride.

2 questions from relatively early game:

Snake Key:
Is it missable? I beat Jack near the incinerator room and the fact that the direct way out of there is through a door locked with that key makes it feel like I should have it. Instead I back tracked all the way around the way I got into the area.

Video Tapes
Any way to get back the tape from the "prologue" (ie the one before Mia chops your hand off?

2 questions from relatively early game:

Snake Key:
Is it missable? I beat Jack near the incinerator room and the fact that the direct way out of there is through a door locked with that key makes it feel like I should have it. Instead I back tracked all the way around the way I got into the area.

Video Tapes
Any way to get back the tape from the "prologue" (ie the one before Mia chops your hand off?

1. You get it later.

2. No.

T.O.P

Banned

Feels so fuckin good!

Off to my "last" run with the only 3 box uses thingy :)

Anyway, Madhouse starts hard then gets much much easier a couple of hours in, it's so damn generous with the coins and ammo wich i did not expect

Astral

Man the Spanish dub for this game is so bland. Uncharted 2 remains the only game I greatly enjoyed playing in my second language.

Spinky

On my second playthrough, beat Marguerite again. FUCK, she creeps me out. I can't take it when she screams "I'M GONNA KILL YOU" repeatedly.

It is slightly heart wrenching watching people play this and walk right by so much ammo/healing laying around without picking it up.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Only just got to the first save point, going to start the game proper later, was just messing with the settings. I don't usually play horror games as I scare easily even though I'm a huge horror fan but I love the Resident Evil series and most impressions I've read about 7 have been very positive.

FZm52PH.gif

926DQhU.gif

YES. Looking forward for your gifs

Spinky

Fuck Marguerite, fuck the
detention room
, fuck the entire section of this game in general.

That room is some Silent Hill shit.

Astral

Fuck Marguerite, fuck the
detention room
, fuck the entire section of this game in general.

That room is some Silent Hill shit.

Even on subsequent playthroughs I haul ass because I just wanna get the fuck out of there. Easily the scariest part of the game.

Spinky

Even on subsequent playthroughs I haul ass because I just wanna get the fuck out of there. Easily the scariest part of the game.

This is my second playthrough and I still didn't bother with the
Molded
at the end. First time I was just terrified and didn't even think about it, I just fucking ran.

Top Bottom