• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Teknoman

Shotgun. The handgun is trash

Edit: Lengthwise that's probably 25%

Wait you can do that? I thought it was just a puzzle solution!

Also once you end up in the
boat as Mia
you dont end up going back to the house do you? Because if so...I missed the magnum...

GSR

boat as Mia
you dont end up going back to the house do you? Because if so...I missed the magnum...

The birdcages will show up again in a safe room later. So keep grabbing antique coins.

BadWolf

boat as Mia

Don't worry, you don't go back but will still get another chance to get the magnum.

myco666

Debating myself if I should get the season pass. There aren't any reviews though?

boat as Mia

You don't but
you will still be able to get it since they move the birdcages to a location you access.

h0tp0ck3t

boat as Mia

Yup lol. There's a toy shotgun in
Lucas' bed room
you can switch with the broken one. Or just say screw it and mount the old shotgun back. You'll never use it again anyway :D

Teknoman

The birdcages will show up again in a safe room later. So keep grabbing antique coins.

Don't worry, you don't go back but will still get another chance to get the magnum.

You don't but
you will still be able to get it since they move the birdcages to a location you access.

Yup lol. There's a toy shotgun in
Lucas' bed room
you can switch with the broken one. Or just say screw it and mount the old shotgun back. You'll never use it again anyway :D

Ok well thats cool then. So thats the reasoning for the toy shotgun. I thought that was just something for another upcoming puzzle lol.

gun_haver

Fuck Marguerite, fuck the
detention room
, fuck the entire section of this game in general.

That room is some Silent Hill shit.

Yeah the game gets eerie for like 5 minutes going in there.

Doesn't really achieve that elsewhere in the game - and they were trying, so it's a shame. I'm sure in VR it's scarier in terms of jump scares and enemies etc, maybe even just ambient-level fear due to the immersion. I'm assuming people are exaggerating even that though, because outside of the above mentioned couple of rooms, it doesn't ever approach eerie, spooky or scary for me.

That might just be the overall setting, or maybe just the way the environments are set out. Fear's a weird thing, different for everybody, these environments were interesting to explore, but not scary. The bayou isn't a scary environment to me, so it was starting off behind.

Also, (late story spoilers)
the overall unoriginality/ of the sources of fear - a fuckin spooky little girl, a CRAZY hillbilly family, bugs - diminishes the potential for fear due to how familiar they are in terms of the genre, and the game doesn't do anything original with them. Lucas's section in particular was just irritating, because he's an irritating character.

Just curious roughly how much game I have left if somebody wouldn't mind letting me know, just got the
snake key and I'm supposed to find some key cards.

Spinky

OK, wait. Please tell me you don't need to get all Antique Coins in one playthrough to that Trophy. It doesn't mention a single playthrough, but I missed the very first one in the
first VHS tape
and as far as I know there's no way to get it back.

myco666

OK, wait. Please tell me you don't need to get all Antique Coins in one playthrough to that Trophy. It doesn't mention a single playthrough, but I missed the very first one in the
first VHS tape
and as far as I know there's no way to get it back.

Whoopsie. Time to start over again. It is annoying that the first one is so easily missable and you can't go back and get it. And yeah need all in one playthrough.

Spinky

Whoopsie. Time to start over again. It is annoying that the first one is so easily missable and you can't go back and get it. And yeah need all in one playthrough.

Fuck.

Well, I was gonna do another playthrough to beat it in less than four hours anyway.

Pinky

Banned
Wow I'm playing slow compared to other people's play times I've seen. I am playing in VR so I've spent a lot of time just looking around at shit but still.

You're not alone. I didn't
exit the main house
until 4-5 hours in. I'd imagine most got out within 3. I like to explore and make sure I find everything there is to find. That and I'm not about to run into an unfamiliar room when I have no idea what's in there! :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I played my first hour in VR and I love it, but I'm a bit nauseous. Turning with the stick seems weird in both options (smooth and sudden), but sudden turns seems like the best option. Kept it at 30°. I've played up to
where I kill Mia
and I think I'll have to play in segments of 1 hour to avoid the nausea. Or maybe there are settings I'm not aware of that can help. But damn when
she jumps at you I was ducking irl and spazzing out on my bed. I hope I'll be able to defend myself when it's time to play for real lol

Spinky

You probably wanna get them when you are not trying to finish in less than 4 hours, though.

I'm gonna have to take the risk, I'll use a guide. Don't know if I wanna do four playthroughs for a Platinum. Although I will if I have to and Madhouse doesn't break my spirits.

goonie

I'm gonna have to take the risk, I'll use a guide. Don't know if I wanna do four playthroughs for a Platinum. Although I will if I have to and Madhouse doesn't break my spirits.
You'll be fine doing the coins + speedrun. I was just trying to do a collectible run (coins and Mr. Everywheres) and I ended up accidentally getting the speedrun trophy as well.

Spinky

You'll be fine doing the coins + speedrun. I was just trying to do a collectible run (coins and Mr. Everywheres) and I ended up accidentally getting the speedrun trophy as well.

Thank God, I heard someone else say the speedrun Trophy is actually pretty easy to get too as it takes most people less than 4 hours.

Newboi

I feel like Capcom should just add an item box to the kitchen area and the the guest house. It's annoying to replay the game and have to fight Mia and hide from Jack on each replay with no carry overs. Not saying it's extra hard or anything, just an annoyance.

rtcn63

^ You might want to spoiler tag those.

I keep an untouched save after the Mia fight on Normal, and after Jack in the garage on Madhouse.

Finished it!

f2uYP4D.png

Loved pretty much every second of it! The two halves are different, but it's like the first half is the best parts of Resident Evil's before 4, and the latter part the best parts from after 4.

It's just a superb single player experience. Can't wait for the DLC!

Having trouble with
Jack's last fight
on Madhouse mode. Once I
shoot all his eyes out and he dives underwater, then grabs you, he always kills me in two quick hits.
Am I supposed to be doing damage really quickly there or what? Any way to avoid his attacks at that part?

Spoo

Having trouble with
Jack's last fight
on Madhouse mode. Once I
shoot all his eyes out and he dives underwater, then grabs you, he always kills me in two quick hits.
Am I supposed to be doing damage really quickly there or what? Any way to avoid his attacks at that part?

You have to
block in this fight with L1. Essence of defense and defense coin will help. Just shoot him once/block. May take some time but it's safe.

Spoo

so what are the toy shot gun and toy axe for? picked them up but never ever used them.

Axe, I dunno. But the toy shotgun can be placed where you'd normally place the broken shotgun to get the working shotgun. Which means you can fix up the broken shotgun with a repair kit and have two shotguns.

So is this more like REmake/traditional RE in first person or is it more like Alien: Isolation(which I already thought was an fantastic survival horror/First Person Simulation) game?

LUXURY

There's a shadow puzzle in the yard you use the axe for, the shotgun you can use to swap for the broken one back in the mansion

Axe, I dunno. But the toy shotgun can be placed where you'd normally place the broken shotgun to get the working shotgun. Which means you can fix up the broken shotgun with a repair kit and have two shotguns.

THANKS to the both of you. Totally forgot about the yard.

Got home a few moments ago and tried Ethan Must Die. Made it a little further than before. Shot a bomb on the wall, thinking I was far from it but NOPE lol.

Gotta say, this is pretty fun.

So is this more like REmake/traditional RE in first person or is it more like Alien: Isolation(which I already thought was an fantastic survival horror/First Person Simulation) game?

It's both crammed together, but not as long as Alien

Man, reading this made me want a PSVR version of Alien Isolation....

I wanted to love that game but it just draaaags and I never finished it. Something like that would make me jump back in.

YaGaMi

I've just done the garage section in the beginning of the game on NORMAL difficulty. I just wanted to know if the game is forgiving when it comes to ammo/health or will I have to manage them like the earlier RE titles?

Jawmuncher

I've just done the garage section in the beginning of the game on NORMAL difficulty. I just wanted to know if the game is forgiving when it comes to ammo/health or will I have to manage them like the earlier RE titles?

I never worried about managing really. So long as you're not wasting health on one hit, and going for headshots on the molded without missing too much you'll be fine.

Don't waste ammo on the jack and what not when they walk around, just run

NeoRausch

I'm pretty early in the game, but was just wondering: is there some kind of NG+? Does anything carry over? If so, what? And does it apply to any difficulty?

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty early in the game, but was just wondering: is there some kind of NG+? Does anything carry over? If so, what? And does it apply to any difficulty?

Your beat the game unlocks carry over. But nothing else does.
Also apparently mr everywhere's destroyed carry over per play-through.

You have to
block in this fight with L1. Essence of defense and defense coin will help. Just shoot him once/block. May take some time but it's safe.

I'm not using bonus items, but the blocking tip helped a lot. Thanks.

Also used a neuro grenade in the last part of the fight which gave me some free shots.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
God damn Madhouse Jack is ridiculous ... he's up and at 'em again after you knock him out within a minute and runs FASTER than Ethan.

Spoo

God damn Madhouse Jack is ridiculous ... he's up and at 'em again after you knock him out within a minute and runs FASTER than Ethan.

There are sometimes where you can turn around and see him coming toward you and... it's a bit goofy, to be honest. I wish they had made his "walk" animation a "run" animation when he is moving that quickly, because it actually looks artificially sped up. Super small gripe, but yeah.

dlauv

There are sometimes where you can turn around and see him coming toward you and... it's a bit goofy, to be honest. I wish they had made his "walk" animation a "run" animation when he is moving that quickly, because it actually looks artificially sped up. Super small gripe, but yeah.

I actually like that. It's like something out of a nightmare. Looks freaky.

The_Kid

So this is weird.

I was playing the game and got through the Dissection Room and out of the house and called it a night. Then booting it back up a day later I figure out I no longer have my defense coin? Like I had it in my inventory at all times and now I can't find it at all. I don't remember trashing it.

Is it one of those things where it breaks or something?

Top Bottom