• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Thank God, I heard someone else say the speedrun Trophy is actually pretty easy to get too as it takes most people less than 4 hours.

yeah, i ran through the game in 3h10min and i did some unnecessary stuff too there. My normal first playthrough was 9 hours.

Spinky

So I fought
Spider Marguerite
tonight. I threw everything at it, then stabbed it for like two minutes before dying. It kicked my ass so thoroughly and was so stressful I immediately turned the game off and played something 2d to relax.

I used every ounce of ammo I had and nothing.
It's not a bad idea to use a Psychostimulant during that fight to get as much ammo as possible, there's a lot they try to hide from you.
Being a Resident EVIL fan is complicated nowadays...

Edit: the spoiler below this text contains a gif with some RE7 ending information, please, if you are still playing, don't click on it
Uh, this extremely spoilery gif still comes up on mobile. Just so you know.

T.O.P

Banned
Do you really need to quote the spoiler?

Fuckin hell.

Sorry what?

11111bxoun.png

It's tagged, where's the spoiler?

Dantooine

Banned
Playing through Madhouse mode and I've just got to the
old house
. I'm enjoying this mode more than normal, partly because of the
Albert - it kind of turns the game into a shooting gallery when equipped with enhanced ammo
. In the
Jack fight with the chainsaw a single shot if enhanced ammo with the Albert puts him in his kneeling state. One shot to the large head transforms him back. I did this once, he got his scissors, did it again, then grabbed the chainsaw, got him to his knees twice with the chainsaw and that was it! It was easier than the normal difficulty. Whole thing took about a 40 seconds.

After that I wen to the
caravan
then returned to the main house to get any stuff I'd missed. Can't decide which to buy either the
attack coin or health coin
. In the main house
there were no enemies. Jack was gone obviously but there weren't any molded. Every time one had spawned previously I had killed it - and they don't seem to continually respawn, which is good. So the house was completely empty. It was kind of relaxing.

One of the main difficulties is inventory space and saving. I've been hoarding tapes probably too much as I have 6 in reserve. As far as I can tell the game hasn't auto saved since
the dinner scene!
. Loving this playthrough more than the first.

kromeo

I think I only saw magnum rounds like twice in the whole game haha. Wonder if they spawn more if you own it(I didn't)

I only found the 3 bullets in the toilet and another 1 in the mines somewhere, so 5 for the whole game with the one already in the gun...

I did take one of the fat molded's head clean off with it at least

myco666

I only found the 3 bullets in the toilet and another 1 in the mines somewhere, so 5 for the whole game with the one already in the gun...

I did take one of the fat molded's head clean off with it at least

There is also magnum bullets in
the Old House. When you first go in and go for the left door they are on the left side of the door.
If that makes any sense lol.

I've managed to get stuck on the
ship
. I can only gain access to portions of the 1st, 3rd, and 4th floors with no acid solution to open doors (or whatever it was), nor have I found the key to the locker. All have is a crank attachment. I feel like I've thoroughly combed over everything, but I guess I missed something?

Edit: Oh, the
elevator

I was really surprised and impressed by the fact that the game has was seems to be a
B side!

h0tp0ck3t

I've managed to get stuck on the
ship
. I can only gain access to portions of the 1st, 3rd, and 4th floors with no acid solution to open doors (or whatever it was), nor have I found the key to the locker. All have is a crank attachment. I feel like I've thoroughly combed over everything, but I guess I missed something?

use the wrench on the elevator hatch on the third floor

on the second floor is a safe with a puzzle there's 3 or 4 corrosives in there

d00d3n

Wait, so
Jack
is only stalking you in two easily controlled situations in the entire game?

In the main house, when he sees you in the kitchen/dining area until you flee through the hatch in the pantry. The encounter is very short and restricted to a small area on floor one.

In the main house, after draining the tub to get the wooden statuette in the recreation room, until you escape through the hidden door in the main hall. The encounter begins on floor two, but he follows you down to the first floor (where you can easily hide in the save room). So you are completely free to explore the second floor until you drain the tub? If you proceed to the cellar and do the second Jack boss fight after escaping the main hall, there is no more Jack stalking?

Wait, so
Jack
is only stalking you in two easily controlled situations in the entire game?

In the main house, when he sees you in the kitchen/dining area until you flee through the hatch in the pantry. The encounter is very short and restricted to a small area on floor one.

In the main house, after draining the tub to get the wooden statuette in the recreation room, until you escape through the hidden door in the main hall. The encounter begins on floor two, but he follows you down to the first floor (where you can easily hide in the save room). So you are completely free to explore the second floor until you drain the tub? If you proceed to the cellar and do the second Jack boss fight after escaping the main hall, there is no more Jack stalking?

In short - yep :)

Haha, I have been so afraid of this supposed stalking after all the hype. I thought that the dude in question was freely patrolling floor two, making it difficult to pick up items, and so on. So glad I was wrong!

On my first playthrough I was much like you.
Constantly in fear of Jack or Marguerite round the corner

On my second playthrough
I knew which points they'd be at and which were safe so I sprinted about freely. I also noticed how they don't actually hit that hard so just run past them holding L1 when they wind up to hit

On my first playthrough I was much like you.
Constantly in fear of Jack or Marguerite round the corner
[/SPOILER]

After the
dinner scene
(don't think it's really a spoiler since it's super early game and in all the trailers, just don't want to ruffle any feathers) I spent around 45 minutes in the entrance to the
garage
emerging and retreating because I was so afraid.

45 of the most engaging minutes I've ever experience in gaming. Also, I was playing in VR.

Edit: The
second floor of the old house
was something else though. Absolutely horrifying. In VR I was praying that my flashlight wouldn't go out. I'm a little disappointed in one of the puzzles in the game I kept hearing about, the
Happy Birthday tape.
I didn't find it terribly difficult. It was pretty fun though, especially at the beginning when you see everything and have no idea how it all ties together. VERY Saw 2.

h0tp0ck3t

So there is real unpredictable stalking in madhouse? More than the two events I described from
Jack
?

He was on the second floor before I made it to bathroom yes. In fact he jumped out around the corner on the way to the bathroom and yelled Boo! lmao

Edit: The scene
where he grabs you after draining the tub didn't happen at all

He was on the second floor before I made it to bathroom yes. In fact he jumped out around the corner on the way to the bathroom and yelled Boo! lmao

I would have literally shat my pants! haha

d00d3n

Haha, glad I am playing on normal then. The stuff you describe would be a health hazard for me!

Zuzzissm0

So there is real unpredictable stalking in madhouse? More than the two events I described from
Jack
?

if you take your time on easy/normal he is also coming befor the bathroom
and if you never go upstairs again till after the chainsaw fight it will be the only encounter like on normal.

myco666

Same thing happened to me. Was terrified at first but then I took out my trusty Circular Saw and all the tension just vanished. Probably the fastest from "NOPE" to "all is fine".

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Great game, but they should of stopped at the river scene. The whole boat level bored me to death!! I'm going to hate myself for saying this, but that crap should of been left as dlc...

dlauv

It's a shame this game didn't live up to its potential. Jack was such a great character, and I doubt they'll capture that lightning again even if RE8 plays better and is more consistently entertaining.

Been playing this for a couple days now and have been really impressed with this so far. It feels like Resident Evil 1 but in first person, haha. I just
beat Marguerite and am headed to the second floor of the old house
. I can't imagine what this game is like in VR; must be terrifying. I'd love to try it out one day. Can't wait to push further tonight.

Could someone tell me how far I am though? Just curious how much I have left.

Zakalwe

Banned
Picked this up last night and played it for about 5 hours straight...

I really don't enjoy first person horror games where you're stalked by indestructible or regenerating enemies. I find it more of a chore than atmospheric/enjoyable, and this was putting me off REVII almost entirely.

I figured I'd risk it as I don't want to miss a mainline RE, and man... this game is really damn good. I'm still not a fan of the above, but everything else about this game feels incredibly classic RE. Item management, map layout, sound design, encounter design.... it really is a massive return to form in many ways (and I like RE5 and 6 a lot).

I'm avoiding this thread for now as I'd been on a blackout before and was spoiled a little (I didn't know the moulded were an enemy and saw an image, it would have been really cool for that to be a surprise for instance), but I just wanted to say as someone who was opposed to the design of this game from the start I've come around entirely.

Great game so far. If it holds up I'll be speed running this like the old school REs.

kromeo

Been playing this for a couple days now and have been really impressed with this so far. It feels like Resident Evil 1 but in first person, haha. I just
beat Marguerite and am headed to the second floor of the old house
. I can't imagine what this game is like in VR; must be terrifying. I'd love to try it out one day. Can't wait to push further tonight.

Could someone tell me how far I am though? Just curious how much I have left.

About half way, maybe slightly more

Ricker

Doing an easy run now to try and find all 20 bobbleheads...glad to see those found on normal are already counted...I found 8 in my first run on normal and found 3 on easy but I am up to 9...

Can you skip the cutscenes...? the first 45 minutes arent easy to cut time down with all the deliberate slow walking and cut scenes...

w0s

So I just opened the door with the
red and blue key cards
but right before that I ended up finding a couple lock picks and picked the final two locks that seemed to be left. I hesitated to even use them but figured it would seemingly have been the last couple items to find in the locatins leading up to the door I just opened. Anyways to my surprise one had
healing spray
and the other had
65 shotgun shells
now the second one isn't so bad but man why does it seem like the shit behind locked cabinets isn't even that great? Should I have saved these two for the next area and just wasted them?

Ricker

red and blue key cards
but right before that I ended up finding a couple lock picks and picked the final two locks that seemed to be left. I hesitated to even use them but figured it would seemingly have been the last couple items to find in the locatins leading up to the door I just opened. Anyways to my surprise one had
healing spray
and the other had
65 shotgun shells
now the second one isn't so bad but man why does it seem like the shit behind locked cabinets isn't even that great? Should I have saved these two for the next area and just wasted them?

Well 65 Shotgun Shells...? are you sure,because that is pretty great lol...and I think I read on here that every locked cabinet or whatever has a lockpick for it,you just need to find them,obviously.

Unai

red and blue key cards
healing spray
and the other had
65 shotgun shells

There's one lockpick for every locked thing, so it's never a true waste. That is if you unlocked the drawer
in the first video footage

w0s

Well 65 Shotgun Shells...? are you sure,because that is pretty great lol...and I think I read on here that every locked cabinet or whatever has a lockpick for it,you just need to find them,obviously.

sorry mistype that would be great it was 6.

Unkle

Doin' my third run; Madhouse, and trying to pick up all the antique coins.

Anyone got a run through of the missable ones? Or how many are in each section? I know there's a missable one at the start with the Sewer Gators, but I've neglected the other tapes thus far. Are there any more in them?

myco666

Doin' my third run; Madhouse, and trying to pick up all the antique coins.

Anyone got a run through of the missable ones? Or how many are in each section? I know there's a missable one at the start with the Sewer Gators, but I've neglected the other tapes thus far. Are there any more in them?

Nah you can ignore other videos. I think there is one other that you can lock yourself out of. It is in the
Test Facility right before the code locked door.

I used this video as a reference to double check if I had missed any. If you use xray glasses and search well you should find them all.

Unkle

Nah you can ignore other videos. I think there is one other that you can lock yourself out of. It is in the
Test Facility right before the code locked door.

I used this video as a reference to double check if I had missed any. If you use xray glasses and search well you should find them all.

Awesome, thanks!

duder92

Neo Member
Do the collect all antique coins trophies stack? Or do you have to collect them all on normal and then again on madhouse?

My plan was to save them for my madhouse run

goonie

Do the collect all antique coins trophies stack? Or do you have to collect them all on normal and then again on madhouse?

My plan was to save them for my madhouse run
Easy and normal stack. Madhouse does not, as there are almost double the amount and they're placed in different locations.

Top Bottom