• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Walking shoes are pretty gimmicky, they boost your walking/crouching speed but not your running one wich makes them just ok

Anyway yes,
Infinite Ammo
means that you have the
Albert
with infinite enhanced bullets right at the start of the game, and by the time you leave the house you get enough coins to buy the
Magnum
, after that you buy 1 offensive coin and 1 stabilizer and you are all set

And that's me, i didn't check wich route the actual speedrunner usually take or what upgrades they prefer tbh

Debatable, it's not as strong as the main house area but i still liked it

Anyway, you are exactly at the point of no return
Well time for my top psychostimulate myself and run around the house one last time. Thank you

Kazuhira

Is this around the point where the quality takes a dip? I've been loving everything up to this point.
Your next area is better than
Lucas' domain,
so if you liked that part then you will probably like the next one.
Usually, the area after that one is where most of us agree that feels rushed.

(Also is there a point of no return I should be looking for? )
Yes,right after your next boss.
So you should probably check the previous areas before the fight in case you've missed something,just to be sure.

One last question, is the ending choice something obvious like choosing A or B? Or is it something random like having an item on you at a point to activate something?
Wrapping it in spoilers tags,just to be sure.
It's A or B type of choices,pretty obvious.

Your next area is better than
Lucas' domain,
so if you liked that part then you will probably like the next one.
Usually, the area after that one is where most of us agree that feels rushed.

Yes,right after your next boss.
So you should probably check the previous areas before the fight in case you've missed something,just to be sure.
Thank you for the answers,damn I can't wait to play this later again. One last question, is the ending choice something obvious like choosing A or B? Or is it something random like having an item on you at a point to activate something?

Just about to start my final run - the madhouse.

Must admit I'm pretty nervous to start it. I know by now where all the boss fights are and stuff.

Tiktaalik

Weird that you can just go to the menu and increase your movement speed. Makes the game feel a lot less sluggish. Wouldn't that affect the gameplay quite a bit? (Maybe everyone else increases in speed as well)

Truant

About to finally start this up for the first time. It's 8:40 in the evening, dark as hell. Wish me luck.

Hold me

Daffy Duck

Spent some hours playing today and over the weekend and got to:

The boat with Mia.

So far I have outran the molded and those licker type things to get to the save room to pick up the gun, do I just literally run passed everything here to avoid confrontation and get to my destination?

I have no idea where my destination is.

idk, not really. It wears its influences on its sleeve and they seem mostly cinematic. If you're talking about the AAA walk-and-talk in the beginning, you see that shit in RE6. We've got a bit of Outlast with two enemy types, but they can be taken out long enough to complete objectives. It's not really on the same planet as modern horror mechanically overall, especially once you get over initial impressions and understand how they work. Could you be more specific?

There's a lot of Soma in the enemy design and even a specific encounter towards the end.

BadWolf

Spent some hours playing today and over the weekend and got to:

The boat with Mia.

So far I have outran the molded and those licker type things to get to the save room to pick up the gun, do I just literally run passed everything here to avoid confrontation and get to my destination?

I have no idea where my destination is.

There is a room with washing machines close to where you first enter the area. There is a fuse you can pick up from a box on the wall in this room, a molded will start to appear when you approach the box so quickly grab the fuse and run.

In the hallway there is a door with a fuse box beside it, put in the fuse to open the door and continue on.

Daffy Duck

There is a room with washing machines close to where you first enter the area. There is a fuse you can pick up from a box on the wall in this room, a molded will start to appear when you approach the box so quickly grab the fuse and run.

In the hallway there is a door with a fuse box beside it, put in the fuse to open the door and continue on.

Ahhh cool, I think I ran by that door on my way to the save room in a panic lol

Is it possible to screw yourself over in madhouse?

I have like 20 rounds for the flame gun, 3 handgun bullets, and critical health after
getting the d series arm
and I have to fight a few things in the basement.

I keep dying but I can't seem to escape the enemies or do enough damage.

Symphonia

Banned
Every encounter I experience is so clunky. There's no feeling of how to get past it until you've died multiple times. Ideally you'd be able to think on your feet and be able to get past these encounters but I'm really not feeling it. Like the next thing I experienced is me being trapped in a tiny garage and just running around and having no obvious idea of what to do. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually but I'll probably have to die 5 times in order to do so. A bit lame..
I think it's time you took a step back from the game and chill out. You're obviously not used to playing such games, or you just suck really, really bad at them. Everything you face in the game has a logical and reasonable way of overcoming them. The garage fight doesn't really require you to run everywhere - take a deep breath and examine the area while Jack is on the opposite side of the room to you.

OmniOne

Second play thru on madhouse.

Holy shit the first fight was hard. It took about 15 tries, emptied clip on her as best I could, running circles and blocking for the free escape. After I ran out of ammo ,staggered the boss with a block, I manage to get in 4 axe swings to kill. WOW.

Next couple segments were a breeze in comparison. Why would they do this?

Holy shit the first fight was hard. It took about 15 tries, emptied clip on her as best I could, running circles and blocking for the free escape. After I ran out of ammo ,staggered the boss with a block, I manage to get in 4 axe swings to kill. WOW.

It feels clumsy and imprecise and unpredictable which is what makes it work. It feels like a scramble to survive, not learning the pattern of a mega Man boss.

I like the games choice to make combat messy and sloppy. Old re was the same way but in a different way.

Newboi

I have like 20 rounds for the flame gun, 3 handgun bullets, and critical health after
getting the d series arm

I wouldn't really use ammo anyway. I would suggest conserving ammo for the
later boss fights.

Now's a decent time to practice knifing enemies in the head to get a stun animation then run (or just bait them into a lunging attack, dodge, then run).

You'll technically have to go through the basement twice though. Once to get the Snake key, and again for the Red Card, so be careful.

Also, if you're really hurting for ammo, You get a ton of separation fluid in madhouse. You can use those to break down ammo or health you don't plan on using to create more of what you want.

Lastly, if you have the
circular saw
unlocked, Madhouse mode is an absolute cake walk and you don't really have to use guns ever (it'll
stun lock
most enemies to death).

Edit:
Did you get the hidden syringe over the fireplace already (you won't be able to get it unless you found the picture for it in the basement). If you haven't, you can get that health boost syringe which will completely heal you.

I wouldn't really use ammo anyway. I would suggest conserving ammo for the
later boss fights.

Now's a decent time to practice knifing enemies in the head to get a stun animation then run (or just bait them into a lunging attack, dodge, then run).

You'll technically have to go through the basement twice though. Once to get the Snake key, and again for the Red Card, so be careful.

Also, if you're really hurting for ammo, You get a ton of separation fluid in madhouse. You can use those to break down ammo or health you don't plan on using to create more of what you want.

Lastly, if you have the
circular saw
unlocked, Madhouse mode is an absolute cake walk and you don't really have to use guns ever (it'll
stun lock
most enemies to death).

This is my first playthrough. I just managed to get the
snake key
and run like hell out of the basement.

Now I have no ammo, critical health, and I'm in the safe room near the basement entrance. Kind of afraid that I'm gonna be dying over and over now. Went pretty smoothly to this point.

I got the hidden syringe and spent my coins on another one and an offense coin.

Newboi

This is my first playthrough. I just managed to get the
snake key
and run like hell out of the basement.

Now I have no ammo, critical health, and I'm in the safe room near the basement entrance. Kind of afraid that I'm gonna be dying over and over now. Went pretty smoothly to this point.

I got the hidden syringe and spent my coins on another one and an offense coin.

Ok, you should be fine either way. Someone has beaten the game on Madhouse using only the pocket knife so you definitely aren't stuck.
There should be some health and ammo in both snake key rooms. The only enemies that spawn between those rooms are the two molded that are scripted to be in the main house after you grab the snake key.

Also, if you have been stocking up psychostimulants then I would suggest using them and running around the mansion. You might be surprised at what you missed.

Luckily enough, you are in a section of the game where there aren't many enemies to deal with. If you're careful, you can slowly build your supplies back up.

Ok, you should be fine then.
There should be some health and ammo in both snake key rooms. The only enemies that spawn between those rooms are the two molded that are scripted to be in the main house after you grab the snake key.

Also, if you have been stocking up psychostimulants then I would suggest using them and running around the mansion. You might be surprised at what you missed.

I used some psychostimulants but broke down most of them to make healing items. Opened a door with the crow key in the deer room and I'm getting a little bit of a foothold now.

I really love how in madhouse it seems like you really have to be careful with items and plan things. The first and second resident evils were like that too.

Newboi

If finished it for the second time yesterday
for the happy ending
and I still can't get over how good this game is.

I've beaten this game 5 times and I still haven't played through the game
choosing Zoe instead of Mia
. I might go back and do that on Easy just so I can actually see what's different. Nioh's gonna take all of my time though lol.

Kitoro

Is there an RE7 spoiler thread, or is this where all the talk about the game from people who have finished it is happening?

Yeah I just did it, about fifteen tries for me too. I had a bit of a glitch where we fought in the corner of the side-room with the three crates, I retreated to the long corridor and she got stuck behind the three crates and pushed them all the way out of the side-room to the long corridor door. It was a funny moment when she opened the door and she's pushing these three crates along. She then fumbled a bit between the crates and the door, allowing me to get more headshots in. She finally died at the last few bullets. I'm now wondering if I would've done it at all if the glitch hadn't happened.

Oh well, on to the main house!

silva1991

I've beaten this game 5 times and I still haven't played through the game
choosing Zoe instead of Mia
. I might go back and do that on Easy just so I can actually see what's different. Nioh's gonna take all of my time though lol.

I
choose Zoe on my first walkthough.

Don't judge me lol.

Tareskog

Baaargh.. 10 minutes till I'm finished at work. According to what I've read I'm only about half an hour from finishing the game, and it makes me hyped. Hopefully the last boss (if any) is less stressful than
the greenhouse bitch
. I'm not good with horror games.

gagecube

Banned
I4qFKnd.jpg

Man, I was so close to getting all the coins, bobbles, and files on my first run...

I loved the game though, despite a total 180 in tone starting with
lucas and everything following. What the hell happened to him anyway? He just ceased to be in the game

getting the d series arm

See for the above reason I stopped my Madhouse run early on. I was just at the first
Mia
fight and realized how difficult the whole affair was going to be. Recalling similar situations with past REs where you paint yourself into a corner with item management - I just decided, at this point in my life, this is not for me. Definitely going to replay, but on normal :)

Jawmuncher

See for the above reason I stopped my Madhouse run early on. I was just at the first
Mia
fight and realized how difficult the whole affair was going to be. Recalling similar situations with past REs where you paint yourself into a corner with item management - I just decided, at this point in my life, this is not for me. Definitely going to replay, but on normal :)

The general consensus is that is the hardest part of mad house and then the rest balances out

Ernest

Banned
Finally got to start this up over the weekend. But only got a couple hours in. Fun so far.
Can't wait to dig more into it when I get home tonight. I really dig the atmosphere.

But yeah, it's a lot like Alien - which is not a bad thing.

Gaz_RB

sipping on this game bit by bit like a fine wine. Game is scary as fuck in VR, I'm going to be honest--first time in the basement had me screaming like a girl. I've moved on to the next area and I'm definitely getting a handle on the encounters. Loving the survival horror comeback that is RE7.

Curufinwe

I died a bunch of times and was getting mad, but then I figured out a pretty foolproof method to finish it off once you run out of bullets.

Wait for her at the end of a hallway. When she starts into a lunge attack, run to the right side of her, then immediately turn to the left and get one axe swing in. Run to the other end of the hallway, and repeat.

SOMA bored me to tears on my first walkthrough and stopped a couple of hours in, gotta give it another try at some point i guess

I really liked SOMA but I think the enemy encounters are very hit and miss. It's something I'd recommend someone play more for the story/world rather than the gameplay. I think you can skip it if the story didn't grab you.

myco666

is SOMA pretty similar to RE7? I got it on sale a long time ago but never fired it up

No guns and I remember it being even more light on puzzles. Much closer to Amnesia but thats not surprising since it is made by Frictional. Fantastic game though and really worth checking out even if you don't like Amnesia style games.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm now
in the boat, playing as Mia. That view was amazing in VR.
I hope we got more experiences like this because RE is making me glad I have the set. I was thinking about doing a casual collectibles run without vr after this, that's going to feel weird I bet.

is SOMA pretty similar to RE7? I got it on sale a long time ago but never fired it up

I would say no, not at all. Like BarrelMakingPenguin said, the horror is more subdued. It also has a stronger focus on story.

Zakalwe

Banned
Just about to start my final run - the madhouse.

Must admit I'm pretty nervous to start it. I know by now where all the boss fights are and stuff.

It's kicking my arse at times. The lack of checkpoints is pretty harsh and enemies are really ruthless, but clearing an area and making it to a save point is almost soulsbourne levels of satisfying.

It's really great stuff, enjoy it!

so i finally did the garage fight, now this asshole just won't die. just did the wood falcon secret door thing.. i wasn't sure if i was supposed to run from him or fight?

also how do you get to keep the shotgun?

Top Bottom