• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

gogojira

Think I'm getting closer to the end. I did the
Eveline videotape and now have to work my down again.
Don't think the quality of the game dropped, there's just a bit more focus
on action instead of horror in these later hours.

Question:
so the big mutant boss was the last mutation of Jack, that wasn't Lucas right? If so then he escaped I guess. His fate is still unclear

I'm here, too. I'd like to make a run to beat the game tonight. Is that possible with about 2 hours play? I know that can vary wildly on play style, but I'd say I tend to work through things at a fairly fast pace.

Also, on the scare factor:
I'd say the house is far and away scarier than the ship I'm on, which I find more horror action in line with Dead Space. There were certain parts in the mansion that I did not want to do in VR and opted to play normal. The ship isn't really overly scary. Also, the weird mutated eyeball boss thing was a weird departure from the rest of the game. I find the monsters significantly less scary than the family.

Freeman76

Without spoilers, how far in the game is the "party" bit. Just entered that building. Wondering because I want to finish this before buying Nioh not sure whether to order today

derFeef

So I read someone describing that this game is meant to appeal to people that like linear gameplay. I have only played it for like 3 hours so far but my impression is completely different.

So I read someone describing that this game is meant to appeal to people that like linear gameplay. I have only played it for like 3 hours so far but my impression is completely different.

I haven't finished it yet, but it seems to get more scripted and funneled as you progress.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Seriously. I've finished the game multiple times, and I still don't see linearity. It's very much the same template as RE1-3, except in first person view, and without the door loading animations, which makes the pacing a lot zippier.

I haven't finished it yet, but it seems to get more scripted and funneled as you progress.

The (2nd half of the game spoiler)
wrecked ship
area in the back half of the game, has even more exploration and backtracking than the first half of the game though. It feels even more like classic RE.

Hi, can anyone that finished the game help me please:

I think I'm stuck,

I'm on the boat searching for the fuse and canle to fix the elevator. I cant find corrosive to unlock that door that will get me the cable.. Ive done all the floors and i think i looked everywhere. Cant find that corrosive :(

Wollan

Hi, can anyone that finished the game help me please:

I think I'm stuck,

I'm on the boat searching for the fuse and canle to fix the elevator. I cant find corrosive to unlock that door that will get me the cable.. Ive done all the floors and i think i looked everywhere. Cant find that corrosive :(

In one of the rooms you found something that looked like a safe. Look at the pictures in the same room.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Experiences with the old guy and the mom so far....

What is it with Ethan and getting knocked off ladders and ledges backwards? Both the final battle with the dad, and the first one with the lady in the whole he gets knocked backwards down to the ground.

derFeef

Seriously. I've finished the game multiple times, and I still don't see linearity. It's very much the same template as RE1-3, except in first person view, and without the door loading animations, which makes the pacing a lot zippier.

that's my impression as well. Really weird since that person has usually good opinion and critique on games.

Sporran

Ok am about half way through and have all of the files so far except the 2 at the start in the guest house, am i screwed?

Vuze

So how does this game handle saving? I just started playing it (usually don't do horror games) and I want to take a break. So intense. Currently roaming around in that very first house (I'm not sure if I missed sth I went straight through the gate near the van because I thought it was a hidden path lol).

I love the mood though and the HDR grading is brilliant.

E: oh lol, there was a tape in the upper floor that let me save. 😶

Gaz_RB

So how does this game handle saving? I just started playing it (usually don't do horror games) and I want to take a break. So intense. Currently roaming around in that very first house (I'm not sure if I missed sth I went straight through the gate near the van because I thought it was a hidden path lol).

It auto saves, or you can find one of those tape recorders to make a manual save.

myco666

Game autosaves everytime you see circle in the upper left corner (I think it was left corner). There is also savepoints where you can save.

Vuze

Okay I was intrigued and played a bit further (until after the first phone call). I would love a game in the same style but a bit more grounded (like some True Detective S01 vibe... sinister, depressing but grounded). The girl
"transforming" into some witch demon
was kinda meh. But I'm also hooked :D

And I can only repeat: The HDR grading is phenomenal in combination with the locales. The bright light from a single bulb bouncing off the wet cobblestone walls and reflecting in the water... Might just be my favorite implementation yet. The game having what I assume is a nits configuration at the beginning probably helps a lot.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Holy shit, Madhouse is wild. That first Mia fight, how quick Jack is, getting to the garage and realizing that
you have to use a lockpick to get the car key
, and then trying to go upstairs and hearing
Jack before you even drain the bath
. A few questions, though. I guess using coins on the
Scorpion Key
isn't really necessary unless I want
the broken shotgun or the first shotgun early
, right? Are the
Assault and Iron Defense Coins
worth it? And do the defense scrolls still block 100% of damage when used together?

ActWan

I was about to go to the old house, so I watched the Mia tape again to see if I missed something...
And HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT THERE WAS A LITTLE GHOST GIRL THERE
Can't believe I missed it, holy shit..............................I ain't NEVER going there.
F.E.A.R gave me fucking nightmares regarding little ghost girls so I ain't having NONE of that shit again
fuck me

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Am I missing something with the
remote bombs? I can only place them on metal. In the salt mines now and I have 15 piled up because I can't find a way to use them, can't even throw them at enemies.

Damn son, the (weapon unlockable spoiler)
Circular Saw
wrecks even in Madhouse!

I had TONS of problems with Mia, but I did both Jack fights first try with no hit taken...I almost stunlocked him and he went boom in a matter of seconds.
I can't think of how much more troublesome it would've been without that weapon :D

h0tp0ck3t

remote bombs? I can only place them on metal. In the salt mines now and I have 15 piled up because I can't find a way to use them, can't even throw them at enemies.

It's really wonky. Sometimes you gotta be looking straight down to drop it

Mark5130

You have to throw them on the ground near your feet and detonate as needed to kill the Molded. There is no splash damage so no worries about killing yourself if things get hectic.

RedAssedApe

Banned

you can only put them on the floor or stick to the enemies themselves iirc. i couldn't figure it out for awhile either.

what's more shameful is that i couldn't figure out how to change out your weapon slots inside your inventory (press square on ps4) until very late in the game. thought you had to do it using the storage boxes and was raging at capcom for their stupid design lol must have ignored a tutorial somewhere

Holy shit, Madhouse is wild. That first Mia fight, how quick Jack is, getting to the garage and realizing that
you have to use a lockpick to get the car key
, and then trying to go upstairs and hearing
Jack before you even drain the bath
. A few questions, though. I guess using coins on the
Scorpion Key
isn't really necessary unless I want
the broken shotgun or the first shotgun early
, right? Are the
Assault and Iron Defense Coins
worth it? And do the defense scrolls still block 100% of damage when used together?

Scrolls behave normally even on Madhouse yes.

The coins, don't bother really unless you have some antique coins left. Or, if you want one, pick up the assault to conserve ammo (unless you use melee like me)

I thought that the
Scorpion Key
made the whole house section a joke. Shortcut to the safe room and thus no Jack encounter while searching for the items you would need on Easy/Normal.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
It's really wonky. Sometimes you gotta be looking straight down to drop it

You have to throw them on the ground near your feet and detonate as needed to kill the Molded. There is no splash damage so no worries about killing yourself if things get hectic.

So I should be aiming for my feet? Okay I'll try that. I thought they only worked on metal or something because I never got a working crosshair. The only weapon I don't like using because of this. You should be able to throw these at pretty much anything.

you can only put them on the floor or stick to the enemies themselves iirc. i couldn't figure it out for awhile either.

what's more shameful is that i couldn't figure out how to change out your weapon slots inside your inventory (press square on ps4) until very late in the game. thought you had to do it using the storage boxes and was raging at capcom for their stupid design lol must have ignored a tutorial somewhere

Same here. I kept thinking I couldn't change that loadout until I checked the controls option and saw there was an organize button. Was past halfway for me too.

OmegaX0

Funny how just like the demo you can delay getting welcomed into the family by keeping your back to the wall. You can't really go far as the attic stairs are pulled up but it's amusing how you just teleport all the way back into the room when you get punched.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Ok, I need help. Tips for
Spider Marguerite on madhouse? This bitch is kicking my arse. Best her in one attempt on normal she barely ever attacked me and I just spammed the burner on her the whole fight. Madhouse though? She's aggressive as fuck. She took ages to go down on normal too but at least she basically never did anything to hurt me. What weapons should I be using? What cage upgrades should I have for this fight? I have the choice of steroids plus stalbilizer, defence perk plus steroids, the attack perk on its own or the magnum on its own.

gagecube

Banned
i made a little bedroom dlc walkthrough for people who might get stuck on the puzzles or simply just don't want to buy the content.

https://youtu.be/eWmtoSY7jns

I thought the bedroom was pretty good, honestly. I was kind of disappointed in how it ends so abruptly but generally it was pretty good. I hope that future DLC fleshes the story out a bit more. I'm curious about daughters

ok

I just got the 2 keys, blue and red key, and also got the wooden axe and shotgun. I am about to enter the "party", so where do I use the axe and shotgun?

Sesha

Welp, I'm having performance issues making the game almost unplayable. The game crashed yesterday as Jack started to disembowel me in the room behind the kitchen. I tried updating my driver on my brother's recommendation (I have a GeForce GTX 950M) and now the game runs worse than yesterday, on even lower settings. Even when turning shadow off and setting texture quality and filtering to low-medium, and resolution scaling to 0.8, it runs at 30-40 fps. I'm fine with running either at high-ish settings and 30 fps, or lower settings and 60. But lower with 30 won't fly. Any help?

gagecube

Banned
ok

I just got the 2 keys, blue and red key, and also got the wooden axe and shotgun. I am about to enter the "party", so where do I use the axe and shotgun?

you can use the axe in a shadow puzzle in the yard, and the shotgun to get the broken shotgun off the thing in the baker estate and repair it with a kit that you get shortly after entering lucas's party

Truant

Finished it at around 11 hours. Absolutely fantastic game. Will defo replay. Never got a repair kit for the broken weapons, though. Where are they found?

knitoe

Ok, I need help. Tips for
Spider Marguerite on madhouse? This bitch is kicking my arse. Best her in one attempt on normal she barely ever attacked me and I just spammed the burner on her the whole fight. Madhouse though? She's aggressive as fuck. She took ages to go down on normal too but at least she basically never did anything to hurt me. What weapons should I be using? What cage upgrades should I have for this fight? I have the choice of steroids plus stalbilizer, defence perk plus steroids, the attack perk on its own or the magnum on its own.

I mainly use burner, Albert + enhanced ammo and save rockets for final phase. On the 2nd I stand in the corner to the right of the cabinet crawling with spiders. There's an opening to fall down to 1st floor between the corner and cabinet. Standing in the corner, facing out, Marg can't get you from behind / above / below and you can easy see her coming from any direction. Flame her, and once she flinches then she will start crawling, I use Albert, she disappears, melee the flying insect and repeat. On her final phase, she will just fast crawl on the floor following you. I just run away from room to room in a circle pattern on the 2nd fl, turn around, get 1-2 shots off (rockets if you have them) when she's turning a corner and repeat until dead.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Finished it at around 11 hours. Absolutely fantastic game. Will defo replay. Never got a repair kit for the broken weapons, though. Where are they found?

One can be found
as soon as you get out the house. In the main yard. Left side of the stairs, there's a metal plate that you can pull off, that leads to a repair kit.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished it last night. The final boss was a bit of a letdown
(just shoot at her face). tbh when I sat at the dinner table early game I thought 'I bet granny's the final boss'. Yup lol

Loved it. A true return to form, they went back to horror and pulled it off. This combined with it being an incredible VR experience makes it a great entry in the series. My favorite alongside 4 now. I have REmake from PS+, will re replaying that at some point. RE7 definitely made me hungry for some classic RE.

Even though RE has its highs and lows as a series, the success of 7 just stresses how it can continue to remain relevant. It's truly a mainstay, keep 'em coming Capcom.

I had 30 documents, 17/20 bobbleheads and 13/18 coins. Close! I bet everything gets reset when you start a new game? I'm thinking about a casual VR-less run now, see how it compares.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
YES!

Beat
Spider Marguerite on Madhouse. Used up all my first aids and literally had only a sliver of health when she went down but I did it. That was tense.

Top Bottom