• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Already thinking about going back to this game.

I played through it immediately after my first playthrough and i'm thinking about going through again. I can't really explain why but i love the atmosphere in the game and i just want to go through it again.

dedhead54

I've been working through this game really, really slowly. I have loved every second of it so far but have been busy and can only play a couple hours a week, at the most. Interested to know how much more I have to go, I just
got the red and blue key cards and headed in to that area.

Button

Banned
The DLC is pretty expensive for what it is. Ethan Must Die and Jack's birthday are not for me, and 21 is just a game of blackjack. Bedroom and Daughters are nice glimpses to the Baker family, but way too short. Daughters also contradicts the main game somewhat
it was implied that the Baker's didn't turn rapidly, but it's pretty damn instant in the DLC
. What am I missing? Nightmare, well it was pretty intense, still have to run the harder mode.

All in all I rate the DLC 6/10 for the price.

Ernest

Banned
I've been working through this game really, really slowly. I have loved every second of it so far but have been busy and can only play a couple hours a week, at the most. Interested to know how much more I have to go, I just
got the red and blue key cards and headed in to that area.
Half-way-ish (maybe just a tad more than half).

Button

Banned
so what exactly are the vol 2 scenarios? can someone describe the gameplay.

21 - you play Saw-esque blackjack under the supervision of Lucas

Daughters - You play as
Zoe
as Evie is brought to the Baker House

Jack's 55 Birthday - You go around different levels finding food and fighting the molded, then you feed the food to Jack who sits at a table

I don't know if this has been discussed but does anyone reckon that re7 may have started life as revelations 3?

The similarities are
the enemies, crafting, the locations, the wrist strap things. Evelyn could have easily been natalya and moira could have been Zoe at some point in development.

Maybe Sony moneyhatted a mainline re VR title so they changed it.

Just a theory.

I don't know if this has been discussed but does anyone reckon that re7 may have started life as revelations 3?

The similarities are
the enemies, crafting, the locations, the wrist strap things. Evelyn could have easily been natalya and moira could have been Zoe at some point in development.

Maybe Sony moneyhatted a mainline re VR title so they changed it.

Just a theory.

I doubt it. Similarities are probably just because the director is the same as the first one and he's got certain things he likes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Do we know for sure that there's a story expansion in the season pass? Or if it was just Capcom being Capcom and advertising "Not a Hero" as part of the season pass, when it actually isn't?

noomi

Do we know for sure that there's a story expansion in the season pass? Or if it was just Capcom being Capcom and advertising "Not a Hero" as part of the season pass, when it actually isn't?

This is also what I am confused about.

Season Pass includes Banned Footage 1 & 2, right? So... Not a Hero is a free dlc?

If that's the case I feel a bit cheated as the banned footage volumes 1 and 2 are kind of.... meh.

Jawmuncher

Jack's 55th birthday is an amazing mercenaries substitute.

y2aMsUK.gif

This is also what I am confused about.

Season Pass includes Banned Footage 1 & 2, right? So... Not a Hero is a free dlc?

If that's the case I feel a bit cheated as the banned footage volumes 1 and 2 are kind of.... meh.

100% confirmed there is a story expansion after the banned footage and free not a hero DLC.

gagecube

Banned
Man, 21 is garbage. I wanted to make a video on it and post it to YouTube but it got to the point where I just turned that shit off.

Does it get to a point where you can just play 21? I watched a video and it seems drawn out because Lucas talks a lot. is it like this the whole time or does it get faster/he stops talking?

tootie923

The DLC is pretty expensive for what it is. Ethan Must Die and Jack's birthday are not for me, and 21 is just a game of blackjack. Bedroom and Daughters are nice glimpses to the Baker family, but way too short. Daughters also contradicts the main game somewhat
it was implied that the Baker's didn't turn rapidly, but it's pretty damn instant in the DLC
. What am I missing? Nightmare, well it was pretty intense, still have to run the harder mode.

All in all I rate the DLC 6/10 for the price.

Sounds like I'll be waiting for a good Capcom Black Friday/Christmas DLC sale.

21 - you play Saw-esque blackjack under the supervision of Lucas

Daughters - You play as
Zoe
as Evie is brought to the Baker House

Jack's 55 Birthday - You go around different levels finding food and fighting the molded, then you feed the food to Jack who sits at a table

Does Jack's have an end to it, or is it an endless wave thing?

Quick question about madhouse difficulty. Is it possible to go through this mode without using the unlockables (circular saw, essence of defense, xray glasses, etc.) and just using the weapons and purchased items in-game? I'm steeling myself up for this playthrough.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

So some very sparse details on the final season pass DLC piece for Resident Evil 7, aka DLC 3:

It is a full side campaign with an original story that is tied somehow into RE7 and in an entirely new location that wasn't in RE7. It's going to be a few hours long. It's directed by someone who was a lead designer on P.T. who joined Capcom after Kojima's studio disbanded. It is still relatively early in development and we won't see it until near the end of the year. It has a horror focus where Not A Hero has an action focus.
Where's the source?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

dlauv

Probably that level designer on PT that was making the news, that the director insisted didn't work on the main game, yet no one believed him because of the demo.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So some very sparse details on the final season pass DLC piece for Resident Evil 7, aka DLC 3:

It is a full side campaign with an original story that is tied somehow into RE7 and in an entirely new location that wasn't in RE7. It's going to be a few hours long. It's directed by someone who was a lead designer on P.T. who joined Capcom after Kojima's studio disbanded. It is still relatively early in development and we won't see it until near the end of the year. It has a horror focus where Not A Hero has an action focus.

Any info on who we'll be playing as?

kc44135

WTF is this 21 bullshit!? After being kinda letdown by Daughters, I was hoping that maybe I'd enjoy 21 more, but honestly, I think this is the single worst thing RE has done since Resident Evil Gaiden. Winning is based almost entirely on luck and random bullshit. Also, for anyone wondering, to win in the final round you have to
save the card with a heart icon on it, that gives your opponent "the best possible card"
. How you are supposed to know to do that is beyond me.

Also, when you finally beat it, you unlock harder card games! I find it hilarious that whoever designed this thought people would enjoy it so much that they would want to replay it. Yeah, fuck that.

Sounds amazing, I didn't even know we were due another after Not A Hero. Game keeps on giving.

This pleases me

kc44135

Wow, that sounds really great, actually.

Kazuhira

Sounds like Separate Ways.

Pinky

Banned

giphy.gif

awwwww shiittttttt

Zeneric

this is the kind of dlc i end up buying a season pass for.

I'm hugging my virtual season pass.

gfxtwin

Question for thread: What are your RE8 hopes?

Personally, I want to explore a giant, luxuriant mansion this time, one maybe larger than the area you explore in REmake. Tons of rooms, puzzles, hidden areas, explorable gardens/yards (maybe a hedge maze), etc.

Top Bottom