• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

I got welcomed to the family. It really feels like the game has opened up now, and it's going to be one fucking creepy ride.

This shit ain't right...

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Is there any point to shooting the Bakers? Feel free to spoiler responses.

They go down for a pretty long time. But....it's wasted ammo. Anyway I barely saw them. I might have gotten lucky but they never found me haha. And I'm playing normal.

Excuse me, but what happens with the shadows in the PC version?`

shadowsf9sba.png

Can I disable this ? It is really distracting to my eyes.

Is this like one of those retro Easter egg areas they had in DOOM?

Stiler

Someone tell me where the Dirty coin is?

When I loaded up the game the first time it said that it'd be in my inventory but it isn't there, I'm a couple hours in as well.

edit - nm, literally 5 minutes after this I got to my "safe room" and opened the lockbox that had it inside along with the pre order dlc.

Should I use the
repair kit
on the
broken handgun
or is the
starter pistol
good enough and there's something I should be saving it for?

I didn't find anything else to use it on.

Outside of clear boss fights? No. You'll need the ammo for those encounters and cleaning up non Baker enemies.

vollsperrig

Neo Member
Holy Shit, the sequence where
Ethan makes his way to Evelyn's child room and back
- I needed to pause the game after that and calm down to the relaxing music of the PlayStation 4's Main Menu. Dear Lord!!

I didn't like the part
on the ship though, hope it will get better when I enter the mines

Also: How can one beat this game in under 4 hours? That's next to impossible?

Sanctuary

I have never gotten stuck this early in a Resident Evil game, and I don't know what's going on.

I have
two of the three dog heads
And I can't get the
Shotgun in the trap room, and I was assuming I needed the one upstairs that's behind the locked door to get it...

I've run through the same areas about five times now, clicking every single interactive object that I've already checked, and the only areas that I haven't been able to go to yet are all locked. I no longer have a lockpick, and I haven't found a single key after the very first one for the hatch.

jtrov

Alright. Just got past the
garage
. Game is pretty cool so far. Not super scary though, but the area that I just found has a lot of RE-style puzzles that I like. It looks okay, not super great and I'm not sure why the resolution scaling starts at .8, but whatever. Framerate is usually fine but the game has started to stutter occasionally. Anyway, done for the night but I am excited to continue.

Also, speaking of my spoiler, what were you supposed to do if
he stole the car from you? I died the only time it happened to me and the next try I went straight for the car and got it before he could jack it from me.

I really panicked when that happened, so I
just ran towards the tail end of the vehicle to avoid being run over, while also shooting him since he ripped the door off. I don't know if that did anything, but eventually he crashed and the fight ends much the same.
It certainly is terrifying and unexpected when that happens though.

I have never gotten stuck this early in a Resident Evil game, and I don't know what's going on.

I have
And I can't get the
Shotgun in the trap room, and I was assuming I needed the one upstairs that's behind the locked door to get it...

I've run through the same areas about five times now, clicking every single interactive object that I've already checked, and the only areas that I haven't been able to go to yet are all locked. I no longer have a lockpick, and I haven't found a single key after the very first one for the hatch.

I assume you're missing
the red dog head? It's in the basement, in the morgue. Warning, boss fight.

For the
shotgun, you'll eventually get a broken shotgun
, but I can't remember where top the top of my head.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

I have
And I can't get the

If you want the Scorpion Key it's
it's the basement in some sort of laundry room.

As for the third head, it's in
The Dissection Room. If you have the key, it's the locked door in the generator room.

Sanctuary

I assume you're missing
the red dog head? It's in the basement, in the morgue. Warning, boss fight.

I can't even reach that area. Like I said, I've gone through the same areas I've already been through, and everything else is behind a locked door. I thought maybe I might have to go back through the
crawlspace that leads to the laundry/save room
but I didn't find any alternate route through there either, despite seeing what looks like a destructible box behind some wooden bars.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So yeah...that 2F door in the
Old House.
. I spent an hour trying to figure out what the hell.
Burning the rope, cutting it, burning the lamp, etc

Then I turned back

300px-paris_tuileriesh4asl.jpg

Neff

Should I use the
repair kit
on the
broken handgun
or is the
starter pistol
good enough and there's something I should be saving it for?

Is
the repair kit in normal mode? I played through normal twice and never found it. I did find the broken pistol, though.

I started Madhouse mode and found the repair kit
(in a different place) very quickly, ha.

On normal, not really. They're easy to outwit or throw off your trail.

On madhouse mode, they (Jack especially) will actively chase you, and they're fast and damaging. It's definitely worth a few bullets to buy a minute or two of breathing room.

Sanctuary

Ok, despite looking
in and around the tub multiple times, I guess you're supposed to be standing directly at the end of it to interact with it.

I can't even reach that area. Like I said, I've gone through the same areas I've already been through, and everything else is behind a locked door. I thought maybe I might have to go back through the
but I didn't find any alternate route through there either, despite seeing what looks like a destructible box behind some wooden bars.

There a key that unlocks the far door in the boiler room. It's in the basement room with the cadaver freezers. You have to solve a puzzle to open the leftmost one.

use it on the broken shotgun

I had already done the shotgun switch in the main hall using the broken shotgun.

Kard8p3

Anyone else having audio desync? Pc version, BTW. Happened early on
when you first meet Mia

edit: seems like me lowering the resolution scaling fixed it.

HiiiLife

Felt like I was doing relatively fine (jump scare wise) until
the mom bust through the window looking a fuckin wendigo. I knew she was down here but I legit jumped lol
holy shit man.

stayed up late to play a bit last night, cant wait to get home and start again,
how the hell is the mc gonna last the whole game when hes this destroyed after 45 mins!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Felt like I was doing relatively fine (jump scare wise) until
the mom bust through the window looking a fuckin wendigo. I knew she was down here but I legit jumped lol
holy shit man.

Not just that for me. (boss spoilers)
I had spoiled myself so I saw a picture of her. I thought she was like a Grudge ghost. Jesus Christ it's the Blair Witch with the worst genital infection ever. Fuck she's disgusting. EWWWWWWWWW.

Jesus fuck I took a screenshot

She literally has a huge swollen mutated vagina with giant bugs swarming in it.

This is the most disgusting thing I've seen in a game ever. I am shook. Capcom went batshit insane WTFFFFFFFF.

DocSeuss

I'm struggling to beat
Marguerite in the greenhouse

Regarding the coins,
the steroids and stuff are a permanent upgrade, right? "Indefinitely" could mean unlimited OR unspecified

I didn't find anything else to use it on.

Awesome.

I have
And I can't get the

What you need to do is
find the thing that lets you solve the puzzle with the lamp in the big entry room
. You should have used the
mia tape upstairs to get a similar puzzle. I don't remember where you get the thing to actually make the Eagle shape, unfortunately

As for the
shotgun, you can't get it until you get the scorpion key by exploring the basement after solving the eagle thing mentioned above. You take the broken shotgun, replace it with the pump action, and blam, shotgun.

That destructible box isn't accessible until after you complete the objective you're working on.

Is
the repair kit in normal mode? I played through normal twice and never found it. I did find the broken pistol, though.

I started Madhouse mode and found the repair kit
(in a different place) very quickly, ha.

Yes it is.
It's in the crate that Sanctuary is talking about. You have to go outside, explore the front of the house, find the corrugated steel between the two sets of steps, and pull it off

Ozium

ha, wish i had seen this earlier. i assumed the knife was useless like in almost every other RE and threw it in the item box. i shot all of them, but i'm still doing pretty well on ammo thankfully

wat

the knife is pretty much useful in every RE game, including this one..

Ludens

Banned
I tried to change some settings, now the game is very unstable, I have always stuttering plus is blurry as usual. At least before it was smooth, now it isn't. Plus when the game starts, despite being on 1366*768, it has a big black bar on the right of the screen, and when I quit the game it fucks up my desktop, and the only way to fix it is restart my PC.

Spinky

Think I'm kinda stuck, I need to get the last dog head but I can't get into the room. I still have the scorpion key so there's probably a door I've missed.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaand as soon as I make this post I figure out what I did wrong.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I'm struggling to beat
Marguerite in the greenhouse
Flamethrower + gun shots to the private area.
Takes a while.

Think I'm kinda stuck, I need to get the last dog head but I can't get into the room. I still have the scorpion key so there's probably a door I've missed.
Dissection room? You need to get a key for that.
Go to the boiler room, read the hint on the wall.

5 minutes in and the premise of this game is already stupid as fuck.
You go to find your girl and instead of doing what any normal person would do (despite the houses appearance), ring a doorbell or knock on a door, you are expected as the player to trespass, break in and then skulk around a crawlspace and swim in filthy water.

At least the demo had you waking up in a room with no memory of what happened. It doesn't get more cliche than that for a video game but at least it makes sense as the person controlling the game.

HiiiLife

Flamethrower + gun shots to the private area.
Takes a while.

Dissection room? You need to get a key for that.
Go to the boiler room, read the hint on the wall.

I see. I was stuck too.
figured it was something with the weird looking vagina. Ended up using all my shells, pistol ammo and fuel to no avail. Oh well. Put in a good 3 1/2 hours. I'll call it here for the night.

Regarding the coins,
the steroids and stuff are a permanent upgrade, right? "Indefinitely" could mean unlimited OR unspecified

Yes. Keep in mind steroids heal you to full health, so using them in a pinch isn't a bad idea. Think of them as the RGY herbal mix in RE4.

HiiiLife

Also for the people who are a few hours in!!!! Question.

am I supposed to get my hand sawed off in the beginning? It looked I was pulling the screwdriver out but he just kept turning it forever lol

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I found most of the boss fights somewhat tedious, from a "how much longer do I have to do this?" perspective.

I liked the first two alot but I'm blown away by the
Green House
boss. It might be one of my favorite things in the entire series. That was fantastic IMO.

Roussow

There we go -- all wrapped up, took me about 9 hours maybe 10, explored the Baker estate pretty thoroughly. I got really hyped up at the second act shift, but then the third act really didn't do much, all the exposition is shoved into one room and then after a few encounters and one really weak boss fight it's over. They left the thread of who I thought was the most interesting villain really open, I'm a bit disappointed with that -- I never even needed to use my Magnum

Curious to see what Madhouse changes up -- and whether the coins will be actually necessary this time around.

Top Bottom