• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Anyone on the fence should really just make the jump if you are unsure about it being faithful to Resident Evil's roots. Hell the first 30 seconds pay tribute, but Jesus does it crank the heat up and turn into the Resident Evil we've neede for years. This is worth every fucking penny so far.

The atmosphere is just so heavy!

zoukka

I was weak and watched the launch trailer...

giphy.gif

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome to the motherfucking family indded, holy shit at that first hour o_O

I assume there is no way to avoid
getting your hand chopped off
right? I fiddled with RT instead of holding it so I was wondering
Might be still high on adrenaline, but I think it might be one of my favorite openings ever. Awesome Evil Dead homages aside, it was so perfectly paced, an excellent blend of scary, intense, and over-the-top

Is the demo a slice of the full game or something different and specific for the demo?

not really a spoiler but
its an area from the start of the game but the first hour demo had it's own mini event going on, the full game uses the same area in a different way

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Might be still high on adrenaline, but I think it might be one of my favorite openings ever. Awesome Evil Dead homages aside, it was so perfectly paced, an excellent blend of scary, intense, and over-the-top

it is one of the best openers in a videogame Ive ever played, and im not even that much of a RE fan (I like them fine, but im not hardcore or anything, hell Remake did little for me recently).

It needed a late title card after the
"welcome to the family son"
but im just a sucker for late title cards :3

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I hope no VR support is not something all the dlc is going to suffer with.

Well, apparently the tapes do work in VR, so most story content can still be experienced that way. No clue why the modes would be locked to no-VR, though.

Lifeline

not really a spoiler but
its an area from the start of the game but the first hour demo had it's own mini event going on, the full game uses the same area in a different way

Oh okay. I usually avoid demos that are just a part of the game, but since it's different i'll probably play it while i wait to get the game.

I don't dislike it, but it really doesn't feel like a Resident Evil game.

It's how I feel too, the game is really well done and has a few classic nods and sound effects but it's weird that it's also a numbered sequel.

I would have
loved to have seen more zombie creatures then what instead reminds me of leech men from zero in this game but they work well enough

gnexus

I can't wait to get home from work and play more of this. I'm still pretty early in the game, only 6% done according to re7.net stats. Just taking my time, cuz i'm scared lol.

Daffy Duck

Reading these thoughts from you guys is making my hype meter go off the scale.

I hope my copy has arrived and I cannot for the next 2 and half hours of work to go by so I can get home and try it out.

Anung

Un Rama
Anyone know where the
lockpick
is in the first videotape? It's changed location from the demo.

Loving this so far. The sense of tangibility and place is off the scale.

I think I have an issue here...

Played the Teaser on PC and got the coin that was supposed to carry over to the full game.

cut to now and playing the full game...I've seen others say you're supposed to get a little pop-up or something saying it's unlocked once you start RE7...I never got anything saying I had unlocked that demo coin.

Anyone else having the same problem or am I just screwed on this?

I am thinking about buying it based off of how much I liked the demo and the impressions here. Anyone know how it runs on a rx 470? Also cdkeys version is region free right?

Roussow

Anyone notice how strikingly odd the background looked right the start of the game, when you were able to move the camera and look around as you pulled into the Baker property.

Everything outside of the car looked like FMV, like some 70's film stock, it had a really stark bleached golden/sepia tone to it. It looked like old VHS footage, first thing it reminded me of was of the car pulling into the cabin in the first Evil Dead (colour grading aside). Nothing else in the game looked quite like it.

This game is like the movie, "Don't Breathe", except instead of being locked in a house with a blind man, you're locked in with
a bunch genetically altered weirdos.
It's great.

I use analog turning/free movement so I can turn around slowly to avoid getting scared extra. I've played for more than 2 hours straight on my first try and I had no nausea problems at all.
A friend of mine tried it next and he got sick within a minute, but he also did not like the angular turning.

can you explain the difference between the 2?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
can you explain the difference between the 2?

One lets you move the camera as in every other game - analog
One immediately snaps the camera X degrees to the side, so you wont see the turning movement. A lot easier on the VR eyes.

ironcreed

Banned
Based on what I have played I will say that this is pretty much akin to when RE4 came out and knocked everyone's socks off. Capcom has once again moved the series forward in that kind of way. And as much as I still love the older third person games and want more of them, I can safely say that I am glad that they did this. It's probably the most gruesome, twisted game I have ever played, but also still retains elements of RE at it's core.

Why did I preload this when it apparently hasn't actually downloaded it all. Fuck sake. This is the first game I've ever preloaded. I assumed this would make it ready to go straight away. Bullshit.

What is the game even doing? What is it downloading what is happening? It's saying ready to launch in x amount of time, and that time is doing nothing but go up. It's not even showing anything downloading. Help?

It's unpacking and decrypting the game files. General rule of thumb is that you pre-load it at about 98% then on launch time, let it download the 2%, then there's no decrypting.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's unpacking and decrypting the game files. General rule of thumb is that you pre-load it at about 98% then on launch time, let it download the 2%, then there's no decrypting.
Yeah the timer for it finally started going down right after I posted haha. Not too long now. Panic over.

But thanks for the advic. I'll do that next time.

One lets you move the camera as in every other game - analog
One immediately snaps the camera X degrees to the side, so you wont see the turning movement. A lot easier on the VR eyes.

so analog is harder for VR? which one do you recommend? the movement is based on head movement of the controller?

I'm facing a big question. Is it good enough to spend my Gun Fix on the Handgun or the Shotgun?

My original shotgun looks good enough, but the police officer handgun feels like crap.

Way to many bullets spent on Molded

Toma

so analog is harder for VR? which one do you recommend? the movement is based on head movement of the controller?

Analog (camera based on 1:1 stick movement) is very hard to swallow for people with even slight VR issues. Try both, maybe it doesnt affect you, though.

Newboi

I played some last night and boy oh boy was I blown away! This game starts off INTENSE I only got to play for a little over an hour though. I'm playing the PC version and the game looks almost photo real at times; it's crazy!

plenilune

I'm confused by the enhanced handgun ammo count. If I have it loaded, the regular ammo is not counted in the inventory. Opposite is also true. But if I shoot, there's more than the inventory count.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I see you cant change difficulty mid game. Recommenadation? What's the difference in difficulties? Madhouse isn't hard on the frustrating bullshitty side is it?

Spinky

Uh... OK...

So the
second Marguerite boss
is creepy fucking shit. I'm actually surprised this is RE, it's never been this "scary".

Top Bottom