• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

I see you cant change difficulty mid game. Recommenadation? What's the difference in difficulties? Madhouse isn't hard on the frustrating bullshitty side is it?
People here say it's pretty damn hard but some also recommend doing it at least on your second playthrough because it's like a directors cut and changes the placement of enemies, key items, and consumables while making the AI more difficult.

carlsojo

It's crazy that Capcom took such a huge risk rebooting this series and in VR no less. So far it looks like it paid off, this game is great.

Scotia

Banned
Holy shit at, what I assume is, the first boss fight.

Driving the car back and forth and running over Jack was hilarious, but what fucking killed me was him driving the car into the steel beams to kill me only to impale himself.

This game is fucking amazing.

noomi

Forgot to mention that the
Grandma/Old Lady
is super fucking creepy and really effective at making me feel uncomfortable as hell!

She just sits there in her wheelchair and stares at me, popping up randomly in the game. At one point I left the dissection room, and as I'm coming up the stairs back onto the main floor of the house I hear someone humming a song, and as I turn the corner the old bitch is sitting there and suddenly stops humming..... so I walk past her turn the corner and then she starts humming again, I turned around quickly to see her AND SHE WAS FUCKING GONE! HAHA

I totally expect her to suddenly get our of her chair at some point and become one of the most difficult encounters in the game... I JUST KNOW IT!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
People here say it's pretty damn hard but some also recommend doing it at least on your second playthrough because it's like a directors cut and changes the placement of enemies, key items, and consumables while making the AI more difficult.
Ok. I'm gonna go with normal for my first run and replay it on that then.

Driving the car back and forth and running over Jack was hilarious, but what fucking killed me was him driving the car into the steel beams to kill me only to impale himself.

Pretty interesting how that resolved itself in my playthrough was completely different.

bumpkin

I had this preordered at Best Buy for in-store pickup, but we're getting slammed with a nasty winter storm today (in the northeastern US) and I don't dare to make the trek 20 or so miles away to get it. I guess I'm getting a copy from the local GameStop (less than 5 mins away) instead, I NEED this game today!

I'm a little confused at how everyone counts the bosses differently. I definitely didn't consider anything before
chainsaw Jack a boss, certainly not the car section. After that, spidermom was the second boss as far as I'm concerned.

void666

Banned

This fight can be very different.
On my first try i got into the car but he pulled me out. Then he kept trying to run me over.

Carlius

Banned
i like how capcom absolutely put no banner on steam saying the game was released as big triple a games usually do. they must be confident in their awesome game. i am enjoying it a lot more than classic RE, its just suits me better than the third person classic RE.

Spinky

Oh my God, the Marguerite boss is so good. Woooooooow, man. That shit was intense.

That's easily one of the best bosses in the series.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

well technically
Miawithrandomwordssopeopledontrealiseitsmia
would be the first boss fight no?

Scotia

Banned
This fight can be very different.
On my first try i got into the car but he pulled me out. Then he kept trying to run me over.

Holy shit, that's awesome. I wish I saw that one now. Probably would have been hilarious to see.

well technically
Miawithrandomwordssopeopledontrealiseitsmia
would be the first boss fight no?

Ah, yeah, that could be the first boss fight. I'm not really sure tbh what the game classes as the first boss fight.

Wait! WHAT?! :O

You can actually
drive the car yourself?!
When I got to that part Jack
jumped in the car and was trying to run me down
while I slashed him with my knife. The
car then blew up and he was set on fire.

You can actually
drive the car yourself?!
The keys are in the garage. I picked them up but panicked and never got in.

Scotia

Banned

You can actually
drive the car yourself?!

Yeah, I managed to get in the car first and ran him over a few times. He then jumped onto the roof and ripped it off before grabbing the wheel and driving it into the steel beams at the back of the garage. I climbed out the car and that's when it set on fire.

I had my doubts but after 4 hours, this is one of the best games I ever played. Is crazy how many hidden items you can find, use the pills (don't remember the name) that reveals hidden items, you won't regret it.

The keys are in the garage. I picked them up but panicked and never got in.

Same with me. He had me shook! : (

Yeah, I managed to get in the car first and ran him over a few times. He then jumped onto the roof and ripped it off before grabbing the wheel and driving it into the steel beams at the back of the garage. I climbed out the car and that's when it set on fire.

MIND BLOWN!

I had my doubts but after 4 hours, this is one of the best games I ever played. Is crazy how many hidden items you can find, use the pills (don't remember the name) that reveals hidden items, you won't regret it.

So true. It's amazing how well hidden some items are! Those pills are really useful. I use them when I need to make some inventory space mostly.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This game keeps on fucking giving. Hnnnnnnng. I'm at (pretty big location and story spoiler)
The Wrecked Ship now, and it's so dark and oppressive. Damn. And that whole Saw section with Lucas? Hnnnnng.

Jake2by4

This game keeps on fucking giving. Hnnnnnnng. I'm at (pretty big location and story spoiler)
The Wrecked Ship now, and it's so dark and oppressive. Damn. And that whole Saw section with Lucas? Hnnnnng.

The
ship is basically 7's equivalent to REV1 Queen Zenobia

What do I do with the
antique coins
?
Buy upgrades in the
trailer when you make it outside the main house

Kalentan

Reposting this...

So did I skip a part? I got to the main hall and...
the phone was ringing. I assumed it was Zoe and that it would begin the next part. So I opted to just explore and found the bathroom where I was then attacked by Jack. However when I got back to the Main Hall, the phone had stopped ringing...

Was hoping someone could answer this cause I fear that exploration can lead to skipping parts of the story.

Feeroper

Oh man these impressions and reviews are making me so excited. Just gotta finish the work day then I'm heading straight home for some VR RE7!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where is the pre-order survival pack supposed to be? it wasnt in my inventory when I started

Game should be arriving today according to tracking info. Gravity Rush 2 arrived pretty early on its launch day so I'm hoping this will be the same.

Toa TAK

Banned
My only qualm with this game so far?

There's no cheesy voiceover at the title screen saying RESIDENT. EVIUL. SEHVEN. as I press "start".

Spinky

My only qualm with this game so far?

There's no cheesy voiceover at the title screen saying RESIDENT. EVIUL. SEHVEN. as I press "start".

This is honestly a genuine disappointment to me.

When you start the game up for the second time and after there's a little Aunt Rhody cinematic intro thing, I was honestly expecting to hear it at the end of that.

Top Bottom