• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

I'm so wanting to pick this up since I love the TCM influence this game has but it's just a struggle for me to play through horror games. Is this one setup more like Amnesia or Outlast? Where it's a lot of running/avoiding enemies? It doesn't seem to be akin to an RE4

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I think something's off with the game clock. I've been playing since midnight with only a couple pause of 2 or 3 minutes here and there. It's been 11 hours but my save file is at 6 hours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think something's off with the game clock. I've been playing since midnight with only a couple pause of 2 or 3 minutes here and there. It's been 11 hours but my save file is at 6 hours.

well first of all dying would cut the time off, as with any game. I finished FF XIII recently, took me 52 hours and the game save was 38

noomi

I streamed about 4 hours of game-play this morning, and now when I checked my twitch archive.... it was all just a blue playstation screen... the fuck?!

what-ok

Up until 2am. Didn't want to put it down but had to get up at 5am for work. Can't wait to get back at it. Only 8 hours to go.

zoukka

Ok I just finished my first session in VR. This shit is ridiculous. I was sweating and doubting myself even before anything happened. I was seriously considering changing into normal mode but I'm glad I didn't. The first enemy encounter was incredible, right on your face, the audio blasting to your ear in 3D. You completely forget the textures are lower rez and the visuals are downgraded, you don't think about it at all. You are completely immersed.

I had to quit after 30 minutes since my pulse is too high. I would really appreciate someone else in the room to play this with, VR mode will be too much for most people.

Killer app for VR tech for sure.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
well first of all dying would cut the time off, as with any game. I finished FF XIII recently, took me 52 hours and the game save was 38

Don't deaths/restarts keep the timer going? I think a speedrunner said that but I can't place who.

Skyr

Ok I just finished my first session in VR. This shit is ridiculous. I was sweating and doubting myself even before anything happened. I was seriously considering changing into normal mode but I'm glad I didn't. The first enemy encounter was incredible, right on your face, the audio blasting to your ear in 3D. You completely forget the textures are lower rez and the visuals are downgraded, you don't think about it at all. You are completely immersed.

I had to quit after 30 minutes since my pulse is too high. I would really appreciate someone else in the room to play this with, VR mode will be too much for most people.

Killer app for VR tech for sure.

Sounds fantastic. It is such a bummer that us PC folks have to wait a year for that :(

Solid Raiden

Neo Member
Maybe it's just me but I just don't find this scary or unnerving as I assumed I would. The silent Hill games always had me tense with their music, sound effects and horrific imagery and I walked in assuming this would be a lot like that. That said, I'm absolutely loving it. I just finished the second proper boss and can't wait until tonight to play again after staying up until 4:30 am playing last night. I only play horror games at night with headphones and all the lights off.

Anung

Un Rama
Oh my god this is soooo good. Jack Baker is hilarious. Evil Dead homages aside it feels like a proper RE game. Finding weird bullshit to put into other weird bullshit and hoarding supplies.

Oh my god this is soooo good. Jack Baker is hilarious. Evil Dead homages aside it feels like a proper RE game. Finding weird bullshit to put into other weird bullshit and hoarding supplies.

RESIDENT EVIL

"Putting weird bullshit into other weird bullshit since 1996"

Jake2by4

Does this have support for HDR on PS4 Pro?

Yes.

do you lose your items after
"welcome to the family son"
?

because I used up a medkit after the fight and
imediatly got captured and thought "fuck, I probably should have saved that since my health should regen after the cutscene"

I mean, 1 medkit isnt a big deal, but its still bugging me :p

Yea you do, so don't worry about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do you lose your items after
"welcome to the family son"
?

because I used up a medkit after the fight and
imediatly got captured and thought "fuck, I probably should have saved that since my health should regen after the cutscene"

I mean, 1 medkit isnt a big deal, but its still bugging me :p

Maybe it's just me but I just don't find this scary or unnerving as I assumed I would. The silent Hill games always had me tense with their music, sound effects and horrific imagery and I walked in assuming this would be a lot like that. That said, I'm absolutely loving it. I just finished the second proper boss and can't wait until tonight to play again after staying up until 4:30 am playing last night. I only play horror games at night with headphones and all the lights off.

RE was always about panic and tension instead of SH-esque psychological horror.

Astral

Why must I be so brave? I only found it creepy a few times, like looking down at the basement stairs,
Mia
walking by across the kitchen in the intro, and maybe a couple of other spots. I'll give it another go tonight. I wanna poop myself Capcom.

People saying RE7 not like Outlast are crazy. Been nothing but run from chase, hide and seek bullshit since I started.

May change later, but it has presented heavy Outlast like gameplay for a long ass while now.

Kalentan

Is easy and normal the only difficulties?

If you pre-ordered, you get instant access to the Mad House difficulty. Otherwise you need to beat the game. Which is fine, I hear, cause Mad House is apparently best played on the second playthrough.

People saying RE7 not like Outlast are crazy. Been nothing but run from chase, hide and seek bullshit since I started.

May change later, but it has presented heavy Outlast like gameplay for a long ass while now.

How far are you? Cause I'm not even a full hour in and already I've seen more action than in the entirety of Outlast.

Dartastic

Best Buy delayed my order for some reason. It was "preparing" yesterday and it still is. Ugh. Maybe I'll just go buy it somewhere else and return it when my Best Buy copy comes in. Has anyone else had this happen before? How long does it normally take for them to fulfill your order?

These VR impressions man. Every moment I was playing on PC last night I was thinking how amazing all of it would be in VR.

I have never been more mad at a Sony exclusive in my life. I can't play the best VR game for what a year or so, damn it! Let's go hackers!

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Right, I've got 30 minutes to decide whether or not to pick this game up.

I've basically played all main RE-games, but I'm a bit worried about this one. Simply put, I don't like getting scared. Or jump scares. I did manage to get through Until Dawn fairly well, but I'm not even gonna try to play a game like Outlast or the first Amnesia. I'm drawn to the atmosphere and mystery vibe rather than horror per se.

They should have a "always daylight" mode for people like me. Or "well lit house mode".

I think I just saw the most wtf cutscene I've ever seen in all of RE

If you saw it you probably know what I'm talking about

Anyway it's 10:30AM, been playing since 11PM...I need sleep

Kalentan

These VR impressions man. Every moment I was playing on PC last night I was thinking how amazing all of it would be in VR.

I have never been more mad at a Sony exclusive in my life. I can't play the best VR game for what a year or so, damn it! Let's go hackers!

I would never do it... but I almost want to have someone do the part early on when you walk through water in the basement of the first house and splash water on their neck... (Please no one do this though, I feel like someone could get a heart attack).

Cause even though my mind is telling me: "It's just a game, there's no water", I can't help but feel in a weird way that I did have water up to my neck.

Question: Does everything need spoiler tags? Like are things in the game less than an hour in that have no plot relevance something that needs to be spoiler tagged?

Deacon

Anyone having issues with motion sickness while playing normally(no VR)?

Still deciding if I want to get it so I tried to watch a Let's Play. It was very difficult to watch without getting sick.

Scotia

Banned

I'm two hours in and I have two guns so it's already not like Outlast at all.

noomi

A little bit like Outlast, a little bit like Alien Isolation, but better than both IMO. Spent about 3 hours this morning, and I've already shot and fought a ton of shit.

.... and yes I enjoyed both outlast and alien isolation very much as well.

These types of games or my jam. The more the merrier.

No spoilers please, but can someone tell me if it's worth getting the rusted coin from the demo? My game won't show up for a few more hours. I don't want to go through the slog if it just unlocks ammo or herbs or something.

Top Bottom