• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

I would never do it... but I almost want to have someone do the part early on when you walk through water in the basement of the first house and splash water on their neck... (Please no one do this though, I feel like someone could get a heart attack).

Cause even though my mind is telling me: "It's just a game, there's no water", I can't help but feel in a weird way that I did have water up to my neck.

Question: Does everything need spoiler tags? Like are things in the game less than an hour in that have no plot relevance something that needs to be spoiler tagged?

Lol that would be so messed up, lol. But yeah that part for sure I was like, this would be so creepy in VR. I'm playing the whole game like that, "that would be awesome in VR. That would be awesome in VR! That would kill me in VR!"

Aggelos

Revelations with a bigger budget.

You're right. And as a main entry of the series with canonical numbering, into the bargain.

(although I still consider Revelations to be an unexpected gem if compare it with all the other spin-offs and side stories, e.g. Outbreak, Gun Survivor, Darkside Chronicles, Umbrella Chronicles. The latter pale into insignificance beside Biohazard Revelations)

Toa TAK

Banned
A little bit like Outlast, a little bit like Alien Isolation, but better than both IMO. Spent about 3 hours this morning, and I've already shot and fought a ton of shit.

.... and yes I enjoyed both outlast and alien isolation very much as well.

These types of games or my jam. The more the merrier.
I'm with you. These kind of horror games are up my alley.

At the start when you
lose your hand I was like WTF is going on?! Then when Jack shows up and takes off your foot and you pick up your foot as an item I was like holy shit this game is nuts. And love Ethan's reaction to the foot reattaching, lol. I hope dismemberment is a gameplay mechanic for the whole game.

You're right. And as a main entry of the series with canonical numbering, into the bargain.

(although I still consider Revelations to be an unexpected gem if compare it with all the other spin-offs and side stories, e.g. Outbreak, Gun Survivor, Darkside Chronicles, Umbrella Chronicles. The latter pale into insignificance beside Biohazard Revelations)

Uh yeah, I played Outbreak File 1 and 2 for 300+ hours each online. I disagree that Revelations is better than Outbreak.

The rest, I agree.

Okada

At the start when you
lose your hand I was like WTF is going on?! Then when Jack shows up and takes off your foot and you pick up your foot as an item I was like holy shit this game is nuts. And love Ethan's reaction to the foot reattaching, lol. I hope dismemberment is a gameplay mechanic for the whole game.

That second part never even happened to me.

what-ok

At the start when you
I never
lost a foot
. How do I trigger that?

Finished the intro sequence last night. Not super scary, though. Games that let you fight back don't hold as much suspense for me. It seems like it'll be really fun regardless.

noomi

At the start when you

That second part never even happened to me.

I never
lost a foot
. How do I trigger that?

Never had this happen either, I guess depending on what you do and how quickly things can be different. This is good though... multiple play-throughs here I come :p

I never
lost a foot
. How do I trigger that?

Let him
catch you when you are trying to get down the hatch. He will knock you down, rip off your foot and walk toward the door and place an herb potion down in front of him and makes you crawl toward him. You pick up the foot and then use the herb to reattach it. It's nuts.

In the trailer there was a scene where Jack breaks though a wall with a broom thing. I've passed by that wall plenty of times even in just my first hour... Does that scene not always happen?

Yeah depending on where Jack is while you are trying to escape him he will burst through it or not.

Kalentan

In the trailer there was a scene where Jack breaks though a wall with a broom thing. I've passed by that wall plenty of times even in just my first hour... Does that scene not always happen?

Let him
catch you when you are trying to get down the hatch. He will knock you down, rip off your foot and walk toward the door and place an herb potion down in front of him and makes you crawl toward him. You pick up the foot and then use the herb to reattach it. It's nuts.

Wait what!?!?

I guess my juking of him made me miss that!

I never
lost a foot
. How do I trigger that?
Basically you "die" trying to open the hatch. Jack throws you on the floor and shovels your leg away, then puts a healing salve on the floor and has you crawl to it so you can heal yourself and leave.

Jake2by4

If you are in the dinning area and leave him there to search and walk around he will bust through the wall

No one answered me earlier, is streaming on ps4 working fine today? Some people were hit with the can't stream message.

Yea its good now. Seen ppl streaming from ps4.

Dartastic

Best Buy delayed my order for some reason. It was "preparing" yesterday and it still is. Ugh. Maybe I'll just go buy it somewhere else and return it when my Best Buy copy comes in. Has anyone else had this happen before? How long does it normally take for them to fulfill your order?
Anyone? :(

Newboi

I'm loving how absolutely brutal the deaths are in this game. I will definitely do a run where I just try to find how many ways I can die to things (like RE4 and Dead Space).

Now on to minor spoiler stuff:

Did anyone else die to Jack the first go around? I had two deaths to him. The first time was with the shovel being shoved directly through my abdomen. The second time around, Jack bent my arm backwards then broke my neck side ways! I definitely laughed out loud on the second one.

I'm wondering if there is a simple and quick strategy for getting the key and getting under the floor boards? My strategy was to spawn Jack walking down the hall, slowly back up out of site into to the garage, wait for him to go in to the kitchen with his back turned, crouch walk down the hall to grab the key, wait for him to walk out into the hall with his back turned, then finally crouch walk to the side room and open the floorboard panel with the key. This process took a little while though. Not sure if there's a much faster to get through that section?

Anyway, I'm currently directly after the Jack fight in the garage. I returned to the save room. The game has been unbelievably intense so far.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so if the
foot bit
is missable, is the
hand against Mia
also avoidable?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I'm loving how absolutely brutal the deaths are in this game. I will definitely do a run where I just try to find how many ways I can die to things (like RE4 and Dead Space). [/SPOILER]

How scary is it compared to Dead Space, which I thought was fairly creepy at times..?

noomi

How scary is it compared to Dead Space, which I thought was fairly creepy at times..?

Scarier than Dead Space in my opinion. Dead Space was amazing at atmosphere and the necromorphs were pants shitting worthy, but I'm finding the Baker house way more intense and claustrophobic.

AdanVC

So jelly of y'all playing this gem... I only own a Wii U so I'm totally screwed. Sigh, I really need to save for a PS4 or a proper PC.

Spinky

I don't know if it's just me, but what I just played was one of the most intense sequences I've ever played in a horror game.

Holy SHIT, that was fucking unnerving.

Talking about the part where you get the D-series arm.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Scarier than Dead Space in my opinion. Dead Space was amazing at atmosphere and the necromorphs were pants shitting worthy, but I'm finding the Baker house way more intense and claustrophobic.

Urgh. Dead Space/Until Dawn is sort of my horror limit, more pants shitting than that and it might be too much for me.

He already beat madhouse? Dude is insane.

I think he stopped half way into mad house as I was watching until a few hours before he stopped.

Seeing someone play the game in VR really brings out the scary moments better, just the head movement of the camera tells you a lot about what the player is going through.

Scotia

Banned
How the fuck do I beat Jack in the chain saw fight. The first part is fine, but I keep hitting him with the chainsaw when he's on his knees and he just gets up and kills me. Is there something I have to do or do I just have to keep at it until he dies?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool thing about the fight against
MiaMiaMiaMia
in the first hour, if you go into the other room
she actually chainsaws the door to get in, all chainsaw masscre style (and it looks great too)
, if you just stayed in the first room and circled around the pilar for example (which im sure ou could do) you would never see that.

ElfArmy177

OK I need help because all of you are like bipolar.

I HATE outlast, HATE amnesia, and DESPISE the running from virus dude in resident evil.

LOVED resident evil 1, 2, dead space, silent Hill, condemned.

Will I enjoy this game lol

carlsojo

cool thing about the fight against
MiaMiaMiaMia
in the first hour, if you go into the other room
she actually chainsaws the door to get in, all chainsaw masscre style (and it looks great too)
, if you just stayed in the first room and circled around the pilar for example (which im sure ou could do) you would never see that.

Hahaha I tried to do that but
I got a chainsaw through my back, it was fucking insane.

Rhaknar

I HATE outlast, HATE amnesia, and DESPISE the running from virus dude in resident evil.

dude just play the demo, its not that different from the final game, at least early on

Astral

At the start when you

The Molded
that you unlock in the basement straight up chopped my leg off and I had to crawl to it to reattach it just like with Jack, except this thing wasn't tainting me about it.
This game is gruesome. I'm usually turned off by this kind of stuff but it's just so enjoyable here.

Neff

How the fuck do I beat Jack in the chain saw fight. The first part is fine, but I keep hitting him with the chainsaw when he's on his knees and he just gets up and kills me. Is there something I have to do or do I just have to keep at it until he dies?

Just be
holding both triggers when he's attacking to counter him, or to damage him when he's vulnerable

The gameplay and structure is pure Resident Evil, albeit in first person. The story and characters though are more in line with something from Silent Hill or western horror games.

Does sprinting make noise? Like will it attract attention trying I'm trying to make a break for it while their back is turned?

I'm pretty sure I've sprinted right behind Jack on Madhouse mode without alerting him. His detection seems to be based purely on line of sight. He's pretty sharp though and will even spot you through windows or cracks.

noomi

Really enjoying watching people on twitch playing through the first few hours that I beat this morning, the same struggles haha. Also get to see some new animations and cut-scenes that hadn't happened during my play-through.

Urgh. Dead Space/Until Dawn is sort of my horror limit, more pants shitting than that and it might be too much for me.

Don't let it stop you, I was pretty scared this morning playing in the complete dark before work, but after you get through about an hour or two you will get some more hair on your chest. Once you get some weapons you are able to fight back a little more effectively. Having a hand gun and shotgun makes me feel very good :p

tayls129

I'm going to go ahead and say no. The helpless feeling of Outlast and running from Nemesis is really captured here. I recommend watching a video of the first hour or so, but I know I'm too much of a baby to enjoy this game personally.

im in the first 5 minutes of the game
walking around outside the house

is it normal for it to look all blurry and really bad on xbox one?

Top Bottom