• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Some people are finishing this soooo fast. I just passed the 6 hour mark and I just passed the doorway where you have to enter a code while being taunted by
Lucas and then the thing swung down and kebabed me lol
How far am I, halfway?

I envy you all. Today I was awaken by my phone ringing and it was the delivery guy with what I thought was my steel book edition for PS4. So with sleepy eyes, I opened the door and accepted the package. Much to my surprise my local retailer sent me an Xone copy?!? Now I have to wait 2 more days. The good news is that my PSVR will arrive by then so I will be able to play it from begining till end in VR mode. Can someone who plays in VR inform me, how the game feels and if he experiences any nausea?

I know this has probably been asked multiples times before but the topic is getting quite large so I hope you guys don't mind me asking.

How is it? Is the game a return to form for the franchise? Is it at all similar to the original classic games? Is it in any way tied to the original games be it, story, characters etc.

I really don't know much about the game but I may get it.

It's Resident Evil 1 in first person basically.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Some people are finishing this soooo fast. I just passed the 6 hour mark and I just passed the doorway where you have to enter a code while being taunted by
Lucas and then the thing swung down and kebabed me lol
How far am I, halfway?

Hard to say. Depends on how fast/slow you'll do certain segments that are coming up. Over half but nowhere near the end.

Astral

hahaha

I knew there would be something in there. Looked like it was some sort of enhanced moldman with a bigger arm, took the rest of my shotty ammo to get it down.

Wait am I supposed to have the shotgun before going into the basement?

Spinky

OK seriously
Getting to Evelyn's room
in VR is the scariest shit my videogame-self has ever been through.

I was pissing myself and I'm not playing in VR.

I was actually freaking out in my head, like I was genuinely terrified. I haven't had that happen to me since PT.

That segment was just unreal.

Is there any more information on the specific internal development studio within Capcom that made this game, or is there only the one? I'm talking past games and things like that. Is it the RE6 studio that made RE7, was this made in conjunction with Revelations 2, that kind of thing.

Cheers.

Hmm. So I play using Turtle Beach Surround Sound Headphones. Where does that leave me with the sound options? Do I set the sound to Surround Sound or Headphones? And do I leave Virtual Surround on or off?

Simo

I envy you all. Today I was awaken by my phone ringing and it was the delivery guy with what I thought was my steel book edition for PS4. So with sleepy eyes, I opened the door and accepted the package. Much to my surprise my local retailer sent me an Xone copy?!? Now I have to wait 2 more days. The good news is that my PSVR will arrive by then so I will be able to play it from begining till end in VR mode. Can someone who plays in VR inform me, how the game feels and if he experiences any nausea?

I never experienced nausea in VR until playing this last night. It is immersive and looks great with VR and the Pro but the way the camera behaves when looking around and how jerky it is because it tries snapping to look at a direction, it really disorientates you and isn't smooth at all which led to myself and friends getting sick and quitting from the game last night.

So as a result I'll be pressing on without VR.

Thewonandonly

It's not terrible. Just leave it on the degree turning and you should do fine. I really don't have the biggest VR legs and getting sick with Robinson but I have been playing for a hour and feel fine. You will be taking a lot of breaks tho becuase it's absolutely fucking terrifying :O

Is there any more information on the specific internal development studio within Capcom that made this game, or is there only the one? I'm talking past games and things like that. Is it the RE6 studio that made RE7, was this made in conjunction with Revelations 2, that kind of thing.

Cheers.

Game director Koshi Nakanishi previously directed Revelations 1.

fantomena

Im on the
mia tape
and apparently suppose to
cover a spider marked with white color on a picture, but the figure that makes the shadow is impossible to cover it with. It's the tape Im escaping from that crazy woman.

Spinky

Im on the
mia tape
and apparently suppose to
cover a spider marked with white color on a picture, but the figure that makes the shadow is impossible to cover it with. It's the tape Im escaping from that crazy woman.

You just have to press X or F or whatever it is for you, when the shadow's near enough. It doesn't have to be exact.

Loving the game so far, but I am stuck at the Jake Baker fight were
he has the chainsaw weapons. I can get him down twice, but after that I have almost no ammo. I feel like maybe I'm missing something with him. Is there more to it than hitting him with the bodies and shooting him in the head? I'm playing in VR, too, so I think I'm having a hard time with the movement a little, too.

newsguy

Anyone playing this with a decent surround system? I'm debating whether to go with PC for the price, or to spend the extra cash to play it on the PS4 in the home theater.

Triz

he has the chainsaw weapons. I can get him down twice, but after that I have almost no ammo. I feel like maybe I'm missing something with him. Is there more to it than hitting him with the bodies and shooting him in the head? I'm playing in VR, too, so I think I'm having a hard time with the movement a little, too.

keep hitting him with zombie bags.
he will get the chainsaw then you can get one from same spot.

It's Resident Evil 1 in first person basically.

This is so very false from what I've played.

No puzzles at all so far, deceptively linear, chase and hide and seek gameplay and RE1 let you clear areas of enemies while in RE7 he just keeps coming back to life making using ammo on him a waste of time.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

There's another chainsaw where he got his. Use it.

No puzzles at all so far, deceptively linear, chase and hide and seek gameplay and RE1 let you clear areas of enemies while in RE7 he just keeps coming back to life making using ammo on him a waste of time.
What part are you in?

Disclaimer: I don't have the game. I did do 2hrs on YT just to satiate my desire.

When he get the scissor thing, run to the body where he got it and get the chainsaw.

Also kick the hanging bodies into him to stun.

Then you haven't played much of the game at all. Simple as that. Probably the second Jack encounter at best.

Ferrio

Banned

There's puzzles within the first 30 minutes though. Also RE had respawning zombies.

Sou Da

Get the
second chainsaw
from where he picked up his.

Lucent

People playing in VR...are you using a digital turning feature like the default in the demo or are you on analog?

Is the analog making you queasy?

It was making me a bit queasy at first. And I thought it strange because the demo didn't do that to me. So I closed out and went back to the demo and it made me a bit queasy. I was like wth? Went back to the actual game and just fought through it. Eventually I adjusted after getting 15 minutes into it and it felt smooth again instead of blurry and I ended up playing 4 hours straight and was fine with all comfort turned off except fov. I think you can't spend too much time away from VR or you lose your legs. Lol.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this game a lot so far. I've been startled so many times and it was hilarious. I'm glad I resisted watching much video. I'm already interested in what is happening based on what the characters have been saying during the fights. And VR really makes this so immersive. Playing it on a TV is just not the same.

keep hitting him with zombie bags.
he will get the chainsaw then you can get one from same spot.

There's another chainsaw where he got his. Use it.

When he get the scissor thing, run to the body where he got it and get the chainsaw.

Also kick the hanging bodies into him to stun.

Get the
second chainsaw
from where he picked up his.

Lol, I feel pretty stupid.
Didn't even notice the other chainsaw. I'm playing in VR, though, and I think it's hard for me to spot stuff sometimes

what-ok

Let him
catch you when you are trying to get down the hatch. He will knock you down, rip off your foot and walk toward the door and place an herb potion down in front of him and makes you crawl toward him. You pick up the foot and then use the herb to reattach it. It's nuts.

Yeah depending on where Jack is while you are trying to escape him he will burst through it or not.
Damn! I got to replay it for sure. What a beast!

Thewonandonly

How does capcom expect a man to handle this :/ I just got past
the part of the game where your trudging threw water. The bubbles scared the fuck out of me so I jumped out of my headset, then after that the body.

I have truley never been this scared in my life bravo. Everyone who has VR should buy this to support it.

P.S. The spoiler section is in the first 30 minutes.

Top Bottom