• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Simo

Hey guys, no spoilers what seems to be the consensus around PSVR in this game? Is it a really good experience? How is it on a motion sickness scale? Thanks

Really good experience but myself and friends got motion sickness because of the controls and how the camera reacts. We played on default settings but it seems like it can be changed to alleviate the issue? Not sure as nobody has clarified yet and I haven't tried the game in VR today to test it.

Ein Bear

About two hours in, just got past the main 'intro' section of the game.

It's fucking terrifying. I miss Leon saying one liners and suplexing dudes :(

(Seriously though, the game seems great so far!)

gagecube

Banned
Not the first time you go down.
You need to go down there without it, grab the scorpion key, then go to grandma's room and use the key to get the broken shotgun, then get the actual shotgun, and then you can actually fight off the 6 moldmen and get to the dissection room. Probably possible without it, but those moldmen are not easy to get down, especially when 4 of them surround you.

Ayyyeee. Okay cool. I just spent like 20 minutes trying to figure out how to
Drain the tub
only to find out that I already had last night. I was fear drunk and beer buzzed at my stopping point.

Mediking

I've only watched a few YouTube videos and I'm super impressed. The cinematography and voice acting and atmosphere is insanely good.

Wow be so cool if Jill Valentine or Chris appear to help you escape or something.

Animator

Can I get some tips on the
Jack
boss fight (first boss fight of the game).
I grab the chainsaw and down him a bunch of times and hit his head stump with the right mouse attack. Eventually he goes nuts and kills me no matter where I try to run to. Is there a trick to this boss fight I am missing?

Spinky

Seriously, what are you supposed to do with this VHS tape involving the candle? Have the Quill pen and the telescope but no idea how to use either.

Anung

Un Rama
Can I get some tips on the
Jack
boss fight (first boss fight of the game).
I grab the chainsaw and down him a bunch of times and hit his head stump with the right mouse attack. Eventually he goes nuts and kills me no matter where I try to run to. Is there a trick to this boss fight I am missing?

Parry and duck.

Dunno if a one off thing but Jack
spotted me through a window in Grandma's room, when he run around to get me he couldn't open the door.

Possible the animal key doors block him?

HereticJ

This game really took me by surprise. I generally don't look into a game before it is released although I did play the first RE7 demo extensively.

The series was one of my favorites going back to the late 90s. RE0, 5 and 6 made me uninterested.

This game is fucking amazing. No other game has ever blown me away with its introduction as much as this has.

One jump scare caught me off guard, but other than that it hasn't been scary. Mostly I'm giddy and cheerful at the horrific display being so brutal and relentless. It's strange, but it reminds me of my first impression of Doom 4. I'm really desensitized to horror and violence in media, though.

Parry and duck.

You ain't alone bro, I died 9 times here. Tips below:

while he's grabbing his saw, you can stand by him and grab yours as he doesn't attack. You can also put the chainsaw away and get your gun out.

In the little room to the right while approaching the red dog head has Chem fluid on the bottom shelf of the trolly. The stair case opposite the red head has gunpowder. Good luck

Kalentan

Dafaq? When I first booted up Resident Evil 7, the menu was just black with the title and New Game and Options. I just loaded up the game in VR this time and I found myself inside of a trailer for the menu.

hunchback

If I have never played a Resident Evil game before, is this a good entry point?

Or should I start from the beginning? The game being in first person doesn't bother me.

For people worrying about the game being a hide and seek simulator: Just wait till you get to the last 4th of the game lol
It's pretty much RE4 at that point lol

Or should I start from the beginning? The game being in first person doesn't bother me.

I would play Remake and Resident Evil 4 first. If you have a friend resident evil 5 co op is glorious, but you can skip it.

Hey can someone confirm for me if this is true. I've been reading a bunch of posts on Reddit about people trying to stream this game in VR and they can't.

Is using the knife against the Molded even feasible? Seems like a losing battle.

The knifes is only for boxes
up until you're at the Lucas bits, fuck you Lucas

Which probably makes this the second best knife in a survival horror RE game (First being the CVX one ;)).

Prologue

I watched the first 15 minutes on youtube. Look forward to picking it up but one thing did bother me.

Whats up with the main character's reaction during the first physical encounter he had?
His wife is coming at him with a chainsaw, screw driver in the head, slicing with knives. Wheres the pleading? Begging? The confusion?

REmake and RE4 are a lot cheaper and are some of the best games of all time, so start with that

REmake for the Survival Horror, and RE4 for the Action Horror.

Then go to RE7.

bidguy

Banned
I watched the first 15 minutes on youtube. Look forward to picking it up but one thing did bother me.

Whats up with the main character's reaction during the first physical encounter he had?
His wife is coming at him with a chainsaw, screw driver in the head, slicing with knives. Wheres the pleading? Begging? The confusion?

yea that really put me out of the experience

it doesnt really get better ...

Top Bottom