• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Brhoom

Banned
I will mention right now that while this was previously confirmed, RE7 100% has scaling difficulty.

I played on normal, I play horror games on Hard all the time, I ended up only dying 18 times my playthrough (and about half of those were me being simply stubborn to not switch methods), while I beat most bosses on my first try and such (the exception was
final form Jack
, who's final phase killed me three times before I beat him.

Watching other people play RE7 now on streams/videos also on Normal, holy hell did people have much easier stalkers than I did. Competed to what I experienced, the fucking AI seems to make itself purposely dumb and literally slower.

For example, watching many people they can easily outrun Jack. I could NEVER easily outrun him, he was literally faster than me. The only way I could ever escape him was by blocking his attacks, attacking him to stun him, and then hiding and getting by him. Anytime I tried to run, he would always catch me within seconds as he literally moved faster than I did..

I'm kind of agape in how much harder the Jack I fought was compared to most people in these videos. But I notice I did better in a lot of earlier encounters, so I think the game scaled my difficulty up.

I feel somewhat bad for making you play on normal first. You really were good, and I underestimated how much you know your way around the game. You had so many healing items and bullets with you in the end.

But I hope when you play Madhouse you understand why I made you play on normal first.

Zemm

This really isn't like the demo gameplay wise, well it is and it isn't. There's way more action than I was expecting, or maybe that's my playstyle, but the game is throwing ammo at me on normal difficulty (the highest you can pick when first starting). It's really nothing like Amnesia etc which is what some people were trying to say before the game came out.

Brhoom

Banned
Can I putchase a Pal season pass for an NTSC copy?

The coin from the Pal demo was not transfered, and now I'm afraid the season pass will go to waste as well.

KLoWn

Is it safe to buy it on Steam? Or is it full of bugs & crashes etc etc and I should wait for a patch before buying it?

Unkle

Finished with a final time of 9:28 on normal. I loved the game for the most part, but it completely falls apart in the last few hours
The ship is a boring, ugly location where nothing interesting happens gameplay wise. The game decides to vastly overpower you so that the tension evaporates, and the game becomes a molded FPS. The mines are a literal corridor from the Final Fantasy 13 school of level design, and the end boss is sooooo terrible, featuring such creative gameplay as shoot it in the face without moving. So the first 2/3 (over 2/3 really) I would easily give 9/10, but the last bit is mediocre. So overall I enjoyed my time with it, but I wish it hadn't gone the route of a brainless action movie that abandons all but mindless action in the third act.

Summed it up nicely.

Teknoman

So I can play and stream RE7 on PS4 with the minimal amount of data downloaded? That 6 gigs or so? I've never tried to play a digital title that wasn't completely downloaded.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I feel somewhat bad for making you play on normal first. You really were good, and I underestimated how much you know your way around the game. You had so many healing items and bullets with you in the end.

But I hope when you play Madhouse you understand why I made you play on normal first.

It's okay, I'm happy I played Normal first. But yes, I was a fucking military tank by the end of the game. I had so much ammo for all my powerful guns and so many health items I didn't know what to do with it all. But I am happy I did normal first, gives me Madhouse to look forward to.

Beat RE7. I will give more thorough thoughts once I have processed it all more, and I plan to tonight/tomorrow do a Madhouse Mode run. Purposely got the bad ending first run so will play good ending for Madhouse (though, strangely enough I think I might end up preferring the 'bad end' to the good ending, depending).

I still need more time to process, and see how Madhouse effects my opinion, but my hot take after beating it: This is legitimately I think in my top three favorite RE games ever. I think it might be just behind RE4 & REmake for me, but I think some elements of RE7 surpass those, which is saying something. I think it has a few more flaws than both of them (but even it's flaws are hardly dealbreakers), but I loved it.
Are you gonna be streaming your Madhouse playthrough?

Is it safe to buy it on Steam? Or is it full of bugs & crashes etc etc and I should wait for a patch before buying it?

I've noticed some hitching in some parts and experienced weird slowdown while fighting an enemy with melee once. I'm about 2-3 hours in so I dunno if those issues are gonna persist. Hasn't ruined the game for me though. I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

gagecube

Banned
From my review:

Yeah, I've already done this several times after the
bird painting/wood block puzzle that takes you to the lounge room or whatever.
That first door covered in
mold
, I cracked the door and stood there for a good three or four minutes before I went through

Artanisix

Anyone playing madhouse difficulty (or whatever it's called)? How is it? Are the puzzles different?

Think I'm going to do it for my first playthrough if it is available.

doby

I've only screamed once so far and tbh I'm actually a bit disappointed with that statistic (playing in VR btw).

nin1000

Banned
Anyone playing madhouse difficulty (or whatever it's called)? How is it? Are the puzzles different?

Think I'm going to do it for my first playthrough if it is available.

Will start my 2nd playthrough with it now, If you pre-ordered it, its available from the beginning, if not you will have to finish the game on normal first.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Anyone else have like a sudden low res drop while in VR, happens very offen
Anyway having fun, I know Ethan isn't no Stars member but hey, I'm playing it like it ain't my first rodeo haha 😂

ThankeeSai

Not sure what my play time is - played earlier, went to dash with game still running, turned TV off. Started up again some hours later, saved and it said I have played for 7 hours.

Obviously, it has counted time spent in dash as time played.

Anyway, onto my question - am just about to fight
Marguerite
. How far into the game am I?

Don't want to Google it for fear of spoilers.

robotrock

Banned
I keep dying on this fight where
i think the daddy guy has has an axe but then i kill him and he comes back with a chainsaw and it seems to go on forever until i die

Not sure what my play time is - played earlier, went to dash with game still running, turned TV off. Started up again some hours later, saved and it said I have played for 7 hours.

Obviously, it has counted time spent in dash as time played.

Anyway, onto my question - am just about to fight
Marguerite
. How far into the game am I?

Don't want to Google it for fear of spoilers.

About halfway.

taoofjord

Playing on a 4K TV with a Pro and the beginning of the game is really blurry. Is there a resolution bug or a setting I'm missing cause it sure doesn't look like 4K or as sharp as the demo.

KLoWn

I've noticed some hitching in some parts and experienced weird slowdown while fighting an enemy with melee once. I'm about 2-3 hours in so I dunno if those issues are gonna persist. Hasn't ruined the game for me though. I'm enjoying it a lot so far.
Hm ok. I'll probably buy it then, if that's all the problems I can expect.

Thanks for the info.

I keep dying on this fight where
i think the daddy guy has has an axe but then i kill him and he comes back with a chainsaw and it seems to go on forever until i die

There is a second chainsaw in the room on the gurney. Grab and use it on Jack. You need it to escape that room anyway.

End stats.

ae7XU8vh.jpg

The fuck just happened? Ending spoilers.

So I just beat the game Chris Redfield showed up at the end in a chopper marked Umbrella Corporation. Which is weird considering how many years he devoted to destroying Umbrella.

Mia is dead, I think I just got the bad ending. Either that or this is a major retcon.

I just finished and got this ending. I think the whole Chris Redfield is gonna be explained in the free DLC, right?´

About the ending, could anyone answer this to me?

So, I got the bad ending since I chose Zoey. Is the Good ending that much better or is just sightly different?

Well I watched my friend play some of this before, but in my old age I realize that yes, I get easily scared, it's too much anxiety triggering for me. I could watch someone else play it, but I wouldn't be able to hack it at home, even with all the lights on. Nope nope nope

So I just beat
chainsaw jack boss fight
, how far through an I. I've played like 4 hours, but I'm seeing people finish in 8 and that's crazy short for how I feel this game should pan out for me.

Daffy Duck

Well I watched my friend play some of this before, but in my old age I realize that yes, I get easily scared, it's too much anxiety triggering for me. I could watch someone else play it, but I wouldn't be able to hack it at home, even with all the lights on. Nope nope nope

Yeah the anxiety I get whilst playing this game is unreal.

Going to be exhausting completing it.

Top Bottom