• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

Skab

Hm, this game seems to be blocking my usage of a 360 controller.

Just flat out wont turn on when the game is running

robotrock

Banned
need some help on this dog head puzzle, also if you roughly know how far i am in this game, that'd be nice to know too!

I have the blue and white dogheads, and the last one should be in the dissection room. problem is, it seems to require a key i do not have. how can i unlock the door?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I never saw the monster in the demo, was it a molted like in the final game? Like the same model and whatnot

pots555

Well, they got me. I am usually not scared when playing horror games but this one is getting to me. The atmosphere alone is very creepy. I never want to feel something like this in real life. They nailed it. The tension stays with me when I have to take a break from it. So far, the best horror game I have ever played. And I am not a big fan of Resident Evil!

a harpy

I still need more time to process, and see how Madhouse effects my opinion, but my hot take after beating it: This is legitimately I think in my top three favorite RE games ever. I think it might be just behind RE4 & REmake for me, but I think some elements of RE7 surpass those, which is saying something. I think it has a few more flaws than both of them (but even it's flaws are hardly dealbreakers), but I loved it.

Nice to hear that praise from you, especially because it left me feeling the exact same way.

i'm glad people are digging this.

PSVR folks- graphics holding up? any particular complaints?

I played a short bit tonight on a friend's PSVR and the graphics were pretty bad. Very low detail in places.

Still very immersive and the only PSVR title I've played so not sure how it stacks up against other VR games on the platform, but as a first impression it was clear to me that VR needs a lot more power for graphical fidelity.

Unless that's just the quality/resolution of the PSVR screen...

Animator

need some help on this dog head puzzle, also if you roughly know how far i am in this game, that'd be nice to know too!

I have the blue and white dogheads, and the last one should be in the dissection room. problem is, it seems to require a key i do not have. how can i unlock the door?

the key is in the morgue/incinerator room in the same area.

t hicks

Banned
I think i'm a little over halfway through, and im seriously in love with this game. Just... damn.

Also, random non-story related item question, where did you guys find a
repair kit? i have a broken handgun but I cant find a kit anywhere

jonezer4

Don't judge the gameplay by the demo. So far this game is neither 1 or 2, but a very good balance of both. Scares and satisfying gameplay

This is my experience as well. It's not about scares to the detriment of gameplay or vice versa. It's an extremely solid balance of the two, where the scares and gameplay compliment each other beautifully.

I think i'm a little over halfway through, and im seriously in love with this game. Just... damn.

Also, random non-story related item question, where did you guys find a
repair kit? i have a broken handgun but I cant find a kit anywhere

Outside the three dog door in,peice of wood you can remove and crawl into for a repair kit

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres a fucking
chainsaw vs chainsaw clash
in the launch trailer :eek:

It's in the bassement room with the cadaver drawers on the right side. Solved the drawer puzzle to open the leftmost drawer and the key is in there.

hopefully nothing, i've been discarding them left and right

They're for the birdcage upgrades that you'll find when you get outside the house.

nin1000

Banned
ok, finished the game.
Ridicioulus ending fight like in every resident evil prior ? CHECK
I really really liked it. Pleasant suprise

robotrock

Banned
It's in the bassement room with the cadaver drawers on the right side. Solved the drawer puzzle to open the leftmost drawer and the key is in there.

They're for the birdcage upgrades that you'll find when you get outside the house.

Thanks, didn't realize this was a puzzle. checking that out now.

Hope I didn't ruin my game too much by scrapping 5 or so coins

Finished with a final time of 9:28 on normal. I loved the game for the most part, but it completely falls apart in the last few hours
The ship is a boring, ugly location where nothing interesting happens gameplay wise. The game decides to vastly overpower you so that the tension evaporates, and the game becomes a molded FPS. The mines are a literal corridor from the Final Fantasy 13 school of level design, and the end boss is sooooo terrible, featuring such creative gameplay as shoot it in the face without moving. So the first 2/3 (over 2/3 really) I would easily give 9/10, but the last bit is mediocre. So overall I enjoyed my time with it, but I wish it hadn't gone the route of a brainless action movie that abandons all but mindless action in the third act.

Risible

Any tips for someone just starting, things that would make the game more fun had you known them before you played? Like the guy above who was
discarding the coins that are apparently part of an upgrade system
....things to be aware of like that.

nin1000

Banned
Finished with a final time of 9:28 on normal. I loved the game for the most part, but it completely falls apart in the last few hours
The ship is a boring, ugly location where nothing interesting happens gameplay wise. The game decides to vastly overpower you so that the tension evaporates, and the game becomes a molded FPS. The mines are a literal corridor from the Final Fantasy 13 school of level design, and the end boss is sooooo terrible, featuring such creative gameplay as shoot it in the face without moving. So the first 2/3 (over 2/3 really) I would easily give 9/10, but the last bit is mediocre. So overall I enjoyed my time with it, but I wish it hadn't gone the route of a brainless action movie that abandons all but mindless action in the third act.

Have to agree on that.
the mines were too overpowering. In that boat section there was no tension at all and i just rushed along as i saw an enemy incoming placed the mine, detonated and moved along
But its a nice addition to the series.
Glad to know that capcom has still in it

Spinky

Oh wow, I'm (spoilers for what I'm pretty sure is the final act)
playing as Mia now.

Things are actually getting a little Outlast-y at this point, but surprisingly I don't mind.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I will mention right now that while this was previously confirmed, RE7 100% has scaling difficulty.

I played on normal, I play horror games on Hard all the time, I ended up only dying 18 times my playthrough (and about half of those were me being simply stubborn to not switch methods), while I beat most bosses on my first try and such (the exception was
final form Jack
, who's final phase killed me three times before I beat him.

Watching other people play RE7 now on streams/videos also on Normal, holy hell did people have much easier stalkers than I did. Competed to what I experienced, the fucking AI seems to make itself purposely dumb and literally slower.

For example, watching many people they can easily outrun Jack. I could NEVER easily outrun him, he was literally faster than me. The only way I could ever escape him was by blocking his attacks, attacking him to stun him, and then hiding and getting by him. Anytime I tried to run, he would always catch me within seconds as he literally moved faster than I did..

I'm kind of agape in how much harder the Jack I fought was compared to most people in these videos. But I notice I did better in a lot of earlier encounters, so I think the game scaled my difficulty up.

Rhaknar

So after having some lovely food with the new family am I supposed to hide from Jack and he eventually goes away?

no youre supposed to carry on while he looks around to hug you. But you dont like hugs, youre a handshake guy, so you keep avoiding him.

The fuck just happened? Ending spoilers.

So I just beat the game Chris Redfield showed up at the end in a chopper marked Umbrella Corporation. Which is weird considering how many years he devoted to destroying Umbrella.

Mia is dead, I think I just got the bad ending. Either that or this is a major retcon.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The fuck?

So I just battle game Chris Red field showed up at the end in a chopper marked Umbrella Corporation. Which is weird considering how many years devoted to destroying Umbrella.

Mia is dead, I think it I just got the bad ending.

Ending talk:
Yeah, choosing Zoe puts you on the bad ending path. I liked the bad ending path though, changes a few things in the ship segment and finale. Plan to play Madhouse and go good ending route next.

nin1000

Banned
For example, watching many people they can easily outrun Jack. I could NEVER easily outrun him, he was literally faster than me. The only way I could ever escape him was by blocking his attacks, attacking him to stun him, and then hiding and getting by him. Anytime I tried to run, he would always catch me within seconds as he literally moved faster than I did..

Same thing that happened to me.
when you first encounter Jack he was kinda blocking my path and i could not outrun hin in any kind of way. Had to do the same thing you did. Pushing him away kinda lol

The fuck just happened?

So I just beat the game Chris Red field showed up at the end in a chopper marked Umbrella Corporation. Which is weird considering how many years devoted to destroying Umbrella.

Mia is dead, I think it I just got the bad ending. Either that or this is a major retcon.

Did you choose to give the serum to Zoe?

I played on normal, I play horror games on Hard all the time, I ended up only dying 18 times my playthrough (and about half of those were me being simply stubborn to not switch methods), while I beat most bosses on my first try and such (the exception was final form Jack, who's final phase killed me three times before I beat him.

Trying to hit those fucking belly eyes is annoying and tedious.

I'm with you, outrunning Jack is hard, because he's as fast as you are while running. He never caught me, but I never felt like I was getting any meaningful distance until I left his sphere of influence.

Top Bottom