• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard | OT | BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
yeah im trying to shoot them in the head (which is obvious) but they lunge so fast that sometimes I just body shoot so they stagger. And also cause im a bad shot :p

Body shots are really bad. The Molded are essentially immortal unless you completely dismember them or blow their domes off. It's like the trade off, for the precision of first person aiming. They gave us enemies who are eternal until you hit them in the sweet spot. Even the magnum takes a few shot to down a Molded, unless it's straight in the head.

Decapitate. And clean house.

JJShadow

Ok fuck it, I was on the fence about this one because I'm a real pussy, but I really have to play this, it sounds amazing.

I'll pick it up tomorrow, any potential heart attack is on you, GAF

Oh boy.

I had a break of a few weeks from the demo, played a little bit of this in VR (only up to the first save point).

I don't think I can play this game in VR at night alone. Never had a horror game be too hardcore for me before, but damn, this is going to have to be a "sunny day on a weekend" game, or I might actually die of a heart attack.

It's amazing

0racle

On Madhouse, the enemies and item placements are remixed as well as having more stuff in terms of upgrading your character. Definitely recommended after playing it on Normal.

So easy and normal are the same content wise ?

Should I start easy ?

I'm not looking for too much challenge. My gametime is limited and usually happens while drinking.....

Anything that is overly frustrating is well.... Frustrating.

How hard is normal ?

Kalentan

If it's the one in
the Incinerator room after the puzzle, that's normal. That's like Super Molded. Just close the door on him.

Nah. That one I took down easily. It was one in the
Boiler room in the back left. Not the one that's waiting around the corner.
. Fucker wouldn't die for what ever reason. Only normal enemy to kill me thus far.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Nah. That one I took down easily. It was one in the
Boiler room
. Fucker wouldn't die for what ever reason. Only normal enemy to kill me thus far.

Oh shit.
Took both Molded I got in the boiler down, with two shotgun shells each. They never reappeared.
Could be a glitch?

Kalentan

Oh shit.
Took both Molded I got in the boiler down, with two shotgun shells each. They never reappeared.
Could be a glitch?

It would have to have been. Cause the other one in the room went down with one hit. Ended up using more healing and bullets than I intended.

So easy and normal are the same content wise ?

Should I start easy ?

I'm not looking for too much challenge. My gametime is limited and usually happens while drinking.....

Anything that is overly frustrating is well.... Frustrating.

How hard is normal ?

The bosses can get real frustrating even on normal, so I'd probably recommend easy. Don't really know how easy easy mode is though

Scotia

Banned
Currently playing
Lucas's
puzzle section, and there's something I noticed that I had to check.

On the keypad that Lucas gives you three possible codes for, is the sound effect of pushing the buttons on the keypad the same menu sound effect from Resident Evil 2? I swear it's the same.

bosseye

Fun game so far, I'm a couple of hours in and in the main house. Atmosphere is off the charts and it's all suitably grimy and grim. And it does actually feel like classic Resident Evil at times, despite the perspective shift. Enjoying it a lot.

Mind you, I'm taking lots of screenshots as it all looks great in HDR, drop back to the dashboard when I'm done with the game to admire them and they all look like shit in non HDR, all far too dark and a bit dull. HDR is great.

Daffy Duck

Holy fuck!

Only just got back to the back garden after starting the game but I'm pooping my pants already!

Playing with my headphones on and the sound is creeping me out.

The first person perspective also gives a great feeling of claustrophobia and everything being right in your face.

KDC720

Okay this game is absolutely bonkers. I only just got to what would probably be considered the first actual boss fight in the game and all of sudden the game is just like
"why don't you have a chainsaw fight with this invincible hillbilly." With an appropriate Evil Dead reference thrown in to boot.
Despite this game being a lot crueler than the past games when it comes to tone, there is still a lot of silly stuff that has happened so far.

I know I'm still early on but nothing has quite matched the tension and downright terrifying moments of the intro just yet. Jack himself is a lot goofier than I thought he would be and the actual garden variety enemies aren't that imposing either.

Still, the structure is basically classic RE right down to the bone, and I'm loving the atmosphere in general. Can't wait to get back to playing it later tonight.

Lord Phol

Hmm, only 1 hour in (first save point after dinner scene) and think I might have been spoiled by a steam trading card I got. It was for Zoe
Baker
. I have a feeling that this is meant to be be a big reveal/suprise in the actual game. Even the picture itself looks kind of spoilerish if it means what I think it does. Oh well, game is pretty fun so far, gf jumped at least twice :D.

Haines

Banned
My buddy is asking for help.

He.preordered on xbox and he can't figure out why it didn't unlock madhouse difficulty for him.

I figured you guys would have the answer. A Google tells me he should have a code. He did it digital tho.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, only 1 hour in (first save point after dinner scene) and think I might have been spoiled by a steam trading card I got. It was for Zoe
Baker
. I have a feeling that this is meant to be be a big reveal/suprise in the actual game. Even the picture itself looks kind of spoilerish if it means what I think it does. Oh well, game is pretty fun so far, gf jumped at least twice :D.
It isn't really, don't worry

Baker

It isn't that much of a reveal. It's revealed pretty early actually.

I can't do this!!! I was so excited to play this today I have a Pro and VR so fired it up eager to play, headphones on. Made it just passed the first save point and I can't do it, not gonna lie this game is terrifying. I had to stop because I swear to god if someone in my house would have tapped me on the shoulder or something while I was playing I would have had a heart attack there and then.

Going to invite my friends around to play it instead and then laugh at them crap their pants whenever something happens.

Scotia

Banned
My reaction after putting the battery in the console in the barn and everything that happens after it:
tumblr_inline_mm6zcoC58R1qz4rgp.gif

this game is absolutely sick and twisted. this is disturbing. I love that they went this route.

I was reading about the upcoming DLC and it sounds like it could be pretty demented. Kudos to Capcom for making this.

ChouGoku

Getting snuck up on in VR is terrifying. Jack perfect movie stalker, I was like it sounds like someone is in the same room as me I looked to my left and right and didn't see anything and of course he was right behind me.

I feel like this game has the same problem that RE4 has. It has a very strong beginning and middle, but a not as strong final act.
In fact, the way it escalates in action overtime is very similar to RE4 now that I think about it. Where as near the end of RE7 it becomes a linear shooting gallery.

Still an amazing game though.

Social

I'm about 2 and a half hours in using PS VR. It's quite cool but it really exhausts me! I can play for about an hour, then I need a long break. It doesn't make me sick though, just very drained. Game itself is very nice so far, just having some issues with blurry vision and textures not loading in fast enough sometimes.

Neff

Neff, I just realized something about what you said about villain(s) in RE7.
There is an absolutely immoral pure evil villain in RE7.
If Lucas is an immune entity, the game does a pretty poor job of signalling it. Not to mention that he's just plain boring as shit. It's a shame that Jack and Marguerite are so well done compared to him, since he's anticlimactic in every sense of the word.

Adobe

I'm at the
old house where I get the flamethrower

How far am I?

Really loving it so far! graphics and atmosphere are too good :O

Trickster

Okay so based on the positive reviews and impressions I bought the game.

Not too far in yet, but I have some mixed feeling so far. Main negative so far has to be "Daddy". I just just did the area after you
first meet the family. And once the dinner is over and you start moving around, you quickly encounter him again
, however he seems unaware of you. And yet despite my attempts and being stealthy, the guy just walks right to me two times in a row.

I'm also not sure how scripted this game is, but in the
garage fight, I fucking ran the guy over, and was parked on top of him, but then the next moment he behind me on top of the car?! Also once the ladder is thrown down,
the guy is lying on the ground to my left as I'm facing the ladder, but again, next moment the guy grabs me from the right...

also the schtick with him appearing to die, only to immediately revive is something I really hope isn't something they continue to do throughout the game. It will get very damn old

Felt really stupid in the first Jack hide n seek bit

Saw the trap door but assumed it was broken planks I needed to find an item to finish breaking it rather than unlock. Got the key and spent like 2 minutes ducking and weaving and taking hits from Jack trying to find what the fucking key was for and "oh its for the broken planks"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Beat RE7. I will give more thorough thoughts once I have processed it all more, and I plan to tonight/tomorrow do a Madhouse Mode run. Purposely got the bad ending first run so will play good ending for Madhouse (though, strangely enough I think I might end up preferring the 'bad end' to the good ending, depending).

I still need more time to process, and see how Madhouse effects my opinion, but my hot take after beating it: This is legitimately I think in my top three favorite RE games ever. I think it might be just behind RE4 & REmake for me, but I think some elements of RE7 surpass those, which is saying something. I think it has a few more flaws than both of them (but even it's flaws are hardly dealbreakers), but I loved it.

Top Bottom