• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil '96 - Original Live Action Cast Reunion and Interview

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Who cares they have Gregg what an absolute legend, he sounds exactly how I imagined him too.

Would have been nice to see the entire cast, but then again from what I've read about the actress who played Jill being kind of an annoyed school girl, she probably doesn't want to remember this at all lol.

So I don't know who watches GameCenter CX, but during the Resident Evil episode the cameraman of the show, who at the time worked for the company that produced the Resident Evil live action scenes, told a story about the cast that they couldn't air because apparently it was explicit. I'm dying to know what that story was, like what the hell went on during that shoot lol

fatmarco

It's funny, out of all of them, they really seemed to have based the video game Barry models off the live action actor the most.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Chris Redfield teams up with former partner, Barry Burton, to deal with a ghost from their past, Albert Wesker.

The live-action cast of the original Resident Evil 1 (1996) return to reprise their roles as Chris Redfield (Charlie Kraslavsky), Barry Burton (Greg Smith) and Albert Wesker (Eric Pirius).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bumping this.

The same website RoE interviewed Mikami and Suda at Gamescom about the Shadow of the Damned remaster and showed them clips of the OG cast.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Bumping this.

The same website RoE interviewed Mikami and Suda at Gamescom about the Shadow of the Damned remaster and showed them clips of the OG cast.

This is so wholesome to see Shinji Mikami reaction at the messages from the original Biohazard cast members after so many decades.

But I understand his desire for his fans to move on from his time on Biohazard and Capcom, and for fans to take more notice of his future and latest works instead.

Bumping this.

Thinking back on live action FMV cutscenes. 1996 really seemed like the year when that trend was in decline. Resident Evil 1 was released in early 1996, and the game itself really doesn't have much in the way of actual pre-rendered CG cutscenes. Most of the story telling was done with in-engine cinematic's and animated polygon models. The beginning and the end all had live-action actors.

Resident Evil 2 released in early 1998, almost two years later. It was a game that featured no live-action FVM and was touted for having 30fps pre-rendered CGI cutscenes. I would say from 1997 onwards, CG animated cutscenes became the new norm. I think Capcom purchased a lot of SGI workstations between the release of RE1 and RE2.

In general, live action FMV was part of the late 80's and early 90's multi-media CD-ROM craze that started with the introduction of the CD-ROM drive. On the console side, it was far more common to see games on the Sega CD and 3DO use live action FMV cutscenes. EA really invested a lot in them with their 3DO and PC games in the early 90's. Same with the Command & Conquer games. A lot of early Sega Saturn and PS1 games from 1995 to 1996 would still feature live action FMV cutscenes too. But after the release of Final Fantasy VII, pre rendered CG cutscenes became the new norm for that point in time.

Vick

Gold Member
Man, these RoE guys must have recorded a lot of stuff, they're still putting out new content with the OG cast.

This was genuinely fun. Shame about Jill though.

And no matter how perfect 2002 RE is, I'll still always love the OG equally.

Top Bottom