• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Ohh, those damn things. I forgot about 'em, lol. Also, on a different note, I just got up to the
Giant Bat boss
. What is the strategy supposed to be for this thing? Like, I've beaten it, but it always feels like luck. Is there any 100% consistent strategy for it? I know you can stun lock it with the 'nade launcher and flame rounds, but half the time it manages to get away and then I get stun locked when the
little bats
show up. Ugh, so frustrating.

I don't know, man. It's such a terrible boss.

Mr_Zombie

I didnt hate her new voice.

Fans can get really crazy sometimes. <.<
It's not that her new voice was bad - it was really good. The reason fans were dissapointed/angry was that at that point Claire was the only character in the series voiced by a single voice-actress throughout all those years. Alyson Court basically was the voice of Claire Redfield. And now she's just one of two voices.

kc44135

Capcom be fucking up with the voice actor changes.

100% agreed! I get wanting to replace some of the actors in the older games (since most of them were terrible, haha) but why replace Roger Craig Smith, or Alyson Court, or Sally Cahill? They did a great job and voiced these characters for years. I really don't get it. :/

kc44135

Has Adas voice actress been the same?

She was voiced by Sally Cahill up until Darksiders Chronicles, I believe. Then she got replaced by Courtney Taylor. Taylor is fine as Ada, but I'll always prefer Cahill. Same deal with Claire's new VA in REV 2.

strafer

She was voiced by Sally Cahill up until Darksiders Chronicles, I believe. Then she got replaced by Courtney Taylor. Taylor is fine as Ada, but I'll always prefer Cahill. Same deal with Claire's new VA in REV 2.

Ah.

And Sally dubbed BingBings voice in the live action Resident Evil Retribution movie.

Wanderer5

GMG is having a capcom sales that a lot of it seems to be a bit cheaper than they were during the steam sale thanks to a 15% off code you can add. Maybe I will dive into Rev 2 fully now lol.

Spinky

The voices in Vendetta are rubbing me in the wrong way so hard it's gonna leave a damn rash.

I can't even imagine Chris without Roger Craig Smith anymore, and even though IMDb says it's still Matt Mercer voicing Leon, he sounds undeniably different to me.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I usually don't get too invested in voice actors, but no Roger Craig Smith really feels wrong

I'm playing RE5 again and he absolutely nails it

strafer

I usually don't get too invested in voice actors, but no Roger Craig Smith really feels wrong

I'm playing RE5 again and he absolutely nails it

Even though I love him in Resident Evil 5 I think he's better voice acting wise in 6. A really strong performance.

Jawmuncher

Wasn't half bad for a commercial. Has me interested with how the movie series will go. Definitely feel like it's sticking around. But in around 2 or 3 years. It'll be rebooted as a horror franchise for Sony now.
Would work out pretty well, since these days there aren't a lot of sci-fi horror films (Not counting just straight up normal zombies). Most of it is paranormal, or other such things.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Oh God, I forgot how much backtracking Code Veronica has. And how the hell the movement controls are much worse than the PS1 games is beyond me.

Wasn't half bad for a commercial. Has me interested with how the movie series will go. Definitely feel like it's sticking around. But in around 2 or 3 years. It'll be rebooted as a horror franchise for Sony now.
Would work out pretty well, since these days there aren't a lot of sci-fi horror films (Not counting just straight up normal zombies). Most of it is paranormal, or other such things.

Wasn't there chatter about a TV series after the final movie?

Oh God, I forgot how much backtracking Code Veronica has. And how the hell the movement controls are much worse than the PS1 games is beyond me.

The VA is also much worse than the previous games. Except for the first, but that was funny bad, in CV it's more on the annoying side. So it's still worse actually.

That's why I don't really care about Claire's VA either way.

I THINK I JUST SEEN ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS IN A RESIDENT EVIL GAME.

Some genius figured out the logic behind REmake's animations and successfully imported the 3D models of Jill, Wesker and Barry and their respective animations into Blender along with a custom built Spencer Mansion.

But that isn't the cool part, he managed to attach a fucking first person camera to Jill's head... it plays the opening to the game from her perspective and HOLY FUCKING FUCK it looks amazing!!!

Jawmuncher

Some genius figured out the logic behind REmake's animations and successfully imported the 3D models of Jill, Wesker and Barry and their respective animations into Blender along with a custom built Spencer Mansion.

But that isn't the cool part, he managed to attach a fucking first person camera to Jill's head... it plays the opening to the game from her perspective and HOLY FUCKING FUCK it looks amazing!!!

That is actually pretty cool.

Wanderer5

Episode 2 of Rev 2 done.

"MOTHER OF BALLS, MY LIFE IS AWESOME"

............. I think I am kind of glad that Pedro didn't last long.

Also great, more invisible bug enemies.

Jill has a very wobbly head.

I'm doing a second REV2 playthrough now, with a guide, going for the collectables and upgrade parts I missed the first time through.

Turns out I already picked up all the upgrade parts though. Weird, the parts you can get throughout the campaign seem wildly thrown together without any reason. So Claire gets Damage 1, 2 and 4, but not 3, while Barry gets all. Claire gets Fire Rate 1, 2 and 3, while Barry gets Fire Rate 3 twice? Well, okay.

Also tried Countdown mode. The first Episode wasn't too bad, but Claire's part of Episode 2 was downright brutal, I stopped after that. Does it get worse? At least I hope killing Pedro in Claire's part will make things easier for Barry. I do like that this mode (And Invisible Mode.) always start you with a fresh, pre-defined inventory though.

kc44135

This is actually pretty damn amazing, I gotta say. Having just played through REmake again a few days ago, and as much as I loved the fixed camera angles, I couldn't help but wonder what it might be like in first-person. This is a pretty cool approximation of that, even if I practically felt seasick due to how wobbly the camera was, lol.

Wanderer5

Dat throwback map pack for Rev 2. "4 nostalgic maps from iconic locations"

Three of them looks to be RE6 areas lol. So nostalgic and iconic.

That's cool as balls!

That's also the guy who remade RE2 in UDK (Not to be confused with RE2 Reborn in UE4)

Bowl0l

Will watch later today.

Carbonox

Bought the RE4, 5 and 6 remasters to get myself in the mood for Resident Evil again given 7 is incoming.

Been playing through Resident Evil 5 Remastered and either it's been that long or this game still holds up wonderfully where the visuals are concerned (boosted by the remaster job no doubt). I forgot how enjoyable the plot was in this one and it was great to witness Wesker at his best again after it being a few years since I last played. How I miss him. The cutscenes are really well done too.

Still can't get over annoying and boring the tomb/underground city shit is though. Was always a sore point for me in this game in my numerous playthroughs.

Will Platinum this (second time!) then move on to RE6.

strafer

Bought the RE4, 5 and 6 remasters to get myself in the mood for Resident Evil again given 7 is incoming.

Been playing through Resident Evil 5 Remastered and either it's been that long or this game still holds up wonderfully where the visuals are concerned (boosted by the remaster job no doubt). I forgot how enjoyable the plot was in this one and it was great to witness Wesker at his best again after it being a few years since I last played. How I miss him. The cutscenes are really well done too.

Still can't get over annoying and boring the tomb/underground city shit is though. Was always a sore point for me in this game in my numerous playthroughs.

Will Platinum this (second time!) then move on to RE6.

The production in 5 is amazing. Much more than in Resident Evil 6 I feel.

And yeah, the underground stuff is pretty boring.

Also, just got my trusy S&W 500 up to unlimited ammo, time to get that Veteran trophy.

5000 Damage.

Jawmuncher

Playing RE4-6 has kind of been doing the opposite for my RE7 hype. Actually was thinking of making a thread about it. Will probably get some shit, despite still getting the game day one.

strafer

haha :D

vendetta.jpg

Playing RE4-6 has kind of been doing the opposite for my RE7 hype. Actually was thinking of making a thread about it. Will probably get some shit, despite still getting the game day one.

After all the back and forth between the old and new camps back when RE4 came out, both before and after, I'm in a complete state of zen regarding RE7. It'll either be good or it'll be bad but that's not of my concern yet.

In the long run I've had more fun with the action titles though, with the classic titles you replay them a bunch of time to figure out the perfect, most efficient route, which is fun, but after that it's over. With the action titles it takes longer before fatigue sets in, because at least you've got lots of fun combat to keep you occupied.

How many Regina avatars do you have Jaw?

Gaming side doesn't seem to care all that much for RE7. Might be the typical anti-5 and 6 drive-bys, but otherwise I doubt much shit will be dished out.

My recent replays were interesting, in that 4 actually slipped a little in my opinion while 5 rose quite a bit.

Jawmuncher

Gaming side doesn't seem to care all that much for RE7. Might be the typical anti-5 and 6 drive-bys, but otherwise I doubt much shit will be dished out.

My recent replays were interesting, in that 4 actually slipped a little in my opinion while 5 rose quite a bit.

I got just enough. A lot of them come from friends drawing them for me.
Aside from that, a lot of the games for me have stayed around their same position. I will say replaying REmake that it rose a bit. Enjoyed that a lot more than when I played on PC and GC awhile back, for whatever reason. Probably just from knowing the game even more. Which has always been a big part of the older games.

I guess it'll depend on how I structure the thread.

After all the back and forth between the old and new camps back when RE4 came out, both before and after, I'm in a complete state of zen regarding RE7. It'll either be good or it'll be bad but that's not of my concern yet.

In the long run I've had more fun with the action titles though, with the classic titles you replay them a bunch of time to figure out the perfect, most efficient route, which is fun, but after that it's over. With the action titles it takes longer before fatigue sets in, because at least you've got lots of fun combat to keep you occupied.

This is how I feel as well. I like the older games, and they have their replayability for sure. But the action games definitely more so I feel, especially since it's easier to jump into.

Capcom going all out to ensure RE7 has full olfactory immersion.

Not even gonna play in VR, but I think I might get this.

kromeo

Was actually the complete opposite for me. I hadn't played 4 since it came out and I'd always been pretty cool on it, but I really enjoyed replaying it. I had it in my head that I quite liked 5 but I've just finished it and it goes straight in at the bottom of my series rankings. I don't think it's bad mechanically but it's the setting and the areas you go through, it really feels like something made by Ubisoft or Activision..

The flashback with Spencer was really lame and reminded me what a shame it was they never got to wrap up the Umbrella storyline, I suspect they'd been building up to him making an appearance seeing as he was the only major figure that hadn't really featured despite being mention repeatedly

kromeo

She's kind of just there, unless I missed something it never really says much about who she is or why she wants to infect the whole planet..

Her smugness was annoying as well

Wanderer5

Finished Claire part of Episode 3 in Rev 2, and man that was some great stuff in there. Enjoyed the trip through the factory area and the bottom area of the monument that also included a not bad of a boss.

Didn't care for the whole Claire and Neil thing that they seem to had pushed more in the localize release through lol.

Top Bottom