• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

I can't get over how rancid so much of Resident Evil 6 is. From little mechanics or forced gameplay segments to horrible horrible chapter designs and a "throw shit at a wall and see what sticks" mentality for the sake of "immersion".

My latest frustration is Jake's chapter 2-3 on Professional where you have to open doors quickly before Ustanak takes you out. The dickhead AI leads to Sherry just standing there when the door is open and she dies. My controller is getting battered and bruised doing those god awful analog stick rotations. It's such a busted mechanic. My hand actually hurts.

I'll have to attempt this again tomorrow. Who thought this was a wonderful idea?

The stick waggle QTEs do get a bit excessive in this game, but here's what you do.

Rotate both sticks at the same time.

Equip the Breakout skill, it makes all QTEs much easier to perform, despite what the description says.

Don't die.

Mr_Zombie

I'll have to attempt this again tomorrow. Who thought this was a wonderful idea?

I would rather ask "who thought the whole chapter 2 was a good idea?". First the snipers during the snowstorm, then the snowmobile race, forced stealth section and finally the QTE-fest.

I would love for Capcom to do a second attempt at a game with RE6 mechanics, only this time they should scale things down and polish it, polish it until it fucking shines. Because there's a great game hidden among questionable (and often simply awful) design decisions and overall jank.

RSB

Banned
I would rather ask "who thought the whole chapter 2 was a good idea?". First the snipers during the snowstorm, then the snowmobile race, forced stealth section and finally the QTE-fest.

I would love for Capcom to do a second attempt at a game with RE6 mechanics, only this time they should scale things down and polish it, polish it until it fucking shines. Because there's a great game hidden among questionable (and often simply awful) design decisions and overall jank.
Yeah, a game with the gameplay mechanics of RE6 but more polished and with good level design and pacing would be amazing.

Random thought I had today.

Since that RE3.5 fan project has popped up i've wondered if Capcom would ever consider revisiting that idea.

They seem to be interested in going for straight horror again which is good and since the characters are getting older it could be a good send off for Leon. I believe one of the original concepts for RE4 (hookman or fog) had Leon dying in the end.

Those versions could still work with the Leon we have now considering he didn't appear to be fighting physical beings per say. It would be a cool opportunity to explore Leon as a character in more detail too before offing him. Not sure Capcom would do the idea justice though really.

Anyone buying the RE Pop! Vinyl figures releasing in a few weeks?

Nabbing myself Jill, Nemesis and Licker. Skipping RE4 Leon, I have little love for any post RE2 Leon but loathe RE4s especially.

Anyone in UK Zavvi doing 4 for £30 on many figures right now. Personally getting Lara Croft as my 4th.

What are you suppose to do with those?
Collect/pose them.

11369457-3894436398908441.jpg

Jawmuncher

Nabbing myself Jill, Nemesis and Licker. Skipping RE4 Leon, has no little love for any post RE2 Leon but loathe RE4s especially.

Anyone in UK Zavvi doing 4 for £30 on many figures right now. Personally getting Lara Croft as my 4th.

Grabbed the ones on Amazon. No interest in Licker or Hunter since they look pretty derpy.
just need to find Tyrant, which is apparently Hot Topic and Target only.

Grabbed the ones on Amazon. No interest in Licker or Hunter since they look pretty derpy.
just need to find Tyrant, which is apparently Hot Topic and Target only.

The Tyrant is extra large and one of them glows in the dark.

Sadly neither Tyrant nor Hunter seem to be for sale in UK and import prices are a joke for what you actually get.

Hoping they make it here later.

Edit- Oh Forbidden Planet must have listed both Tyrants in last few days, yay!

Grisby

Nabbing myself Jill, Nemesis and Licker. Skipping RE4 Leon, I have little love for any post RE2 Leon but loathe RE4s especially.

I'm not too big into figures but I was considering getting the Tracer pop thingy in a few weeks. Did not know they were doing some resi ones. I'd add Jill to it depending on what it looks like.
Leon look a bit silly in Retribution.:p

On the other hand, think Claire in the Final Chapter looks great through.
Wow, straight into her Rev 2 look. Points for that.
So I just got done watching this Pro run of Resi 5, it's pretty damn incredible.
I've still never done a pro run for an RE game.

I'm watching Gamespot's Resident Evil series play through with Mary Kish right now myself.
Kind if fun to go through the games with these two.

I won't buy any of them until they make a Chris.

Wanderer5

Can't say I care about human characters especially in the POP style usually, but the BOWs ones look cool. Only one I would probably look at is Nemesis.

Wish I could care some more for Chris, since his Nendoroid looks nice, but eh, at the close to $50 range, I would rather hope that Leon gets a Nendo too so I can check him out instead.:p Still dat rocket launcher.

o0515049313764811840.jpg

DrKelpo

Banned
My latest frustration is Jake's chapter 2-3 on Professional where you have to open doors quickly before Ustanak takes you out. The dickhead AI leads to Sherry just standing there when the door is open and she dies. My controller is getting battered and bruised doing those god awful analog stick rotations. It's such a busted mechanic. My hand actually hurts.

I actually got a mario-party-n64-like wound in the palm of my hand at this part.

fuck this part, fuck this game.

strafer

I can't get over how rancid so much of Resident Evil 6 is. From little mechanics or forced gameplay segments to horrible horrible chapter designs and a "throw shit at a wall and see what sticks" mentality for the sake of "immersion".

That's kinda my only complaint about RE6, too many QTE stuff.

The rope climbing in Leons campaign and the end of sherry and jakes...god I hated those.

RE4 and 5 are good examples how to make good QTE were it matters.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How do we handle spoiler? With tags or when something is known, it is spoken open about?

Asking because I really need to finish Bloodborne before Resident Evil and this will still take a bit.

I'm not too big into figures but I was considering getting the Tracer pop thingy in a few weeks. Did not know they were doing some resi ones. I'd add Jill to it depending on what it looks like.

Pretty unique and obviously Jill, problem with some Pop! Vinyl figures is they very generic and could pass for several characters, no such issue with re so far.

How do we handle spoiler? With tags or when something is known, it is spoken open about?

Asking because I really need to finish Bloodborne before Resident Evil and this will still take a bit.

Spoiler thread, and anything here spoiler tagged for at least a couple months I would hope.

Can't say I care about human characters especially in the POP style usually, but the BOWs ones look cool. Only one I would probably look at is Nemesis.

Wish I could care some more for Chris, since his Nendoroid looks nice, but eh, at the close to $50 range, I would rather hope that Leon gets a Nendo too so I can check him out instead.:p Still dat rocket launcher.

I only like Pop Vinyls for the price, the Nendoroids too much for such a cartoony figure imo.

Story beats and major gameplay solutions to be tagged here, review thread, and probably in the games OT for a few weeks.

Spoiler thread will remain open spoilers.

I got the Leon and Jill Pops. I debated getting the other, but I really don't like the looks of Licker, Hunter and Nemesis (especially Nemesis, not sure what, but something about his design looks way off). I may still get a Tyrant, they did a good job on that one. I really hope they do either a variant of RE2 Leon and RE3 Jill, or new figures in the next batch based on those designs.

zeemumu

I got the Leon and Jill Pops. I debated getting the other, but I really don't like the looks of Licker, Hunter and Nemesis (especially Nemesis, not sure what, but something about his design looks way off). I may still get a Tyrant, they did a good job on that one. I really hope they do either a variant of RE2 Leon and RE3 Jill, or new figures in the next batch based on those designs.

I know Loot Crates tend to give out variants sometimes. They had a Sporty Tracer for Loot Gaming at one point

Gradon

My RE7 pre-order got cancelled because my bank thought it was a fraudulent payment.
I applaud my bank for looking out for my account but I might not get the game release day now and that sucks since I booked the day off. Hopefully I get it on time but I'm not incredibly hopeful GAME will get it to me on time.

Finally bought Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U). Might try and knock it out this weekend if I pull myself from my The Evil Within platinum run.

My RE7 pre-order got cancelled because my bank thought it was a fraudulent payment.
I applaud my bank for looking out for my account but I might not get the game release day now and that sucks since I booked the day off. Hopefully I get it on time but I'm not incredibly hopeful GAME will get it to me on time.
Where original order at?

zeemumu

You can't get a hot slice of pizza and a soft pretzel with Amazon though.

These final few days have been excruciatingly long. I hope Amazon is nice and delivers it a day early.

Eh there's a Pieology across the street from the Target. I can go there.

I'm waiting on RE7 and KH2.8 currently.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Decided to sit out the RE7 launch party. First time not buying a mainline RE game at launch. Feels weird.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I preordered physical from smile.amazon because I like the prime discount and charity donation angle

I preordered the deluxe digital from the PSN store for the unlock/preload

Will have a nice weekend with Gravity Rush 2 before jumping into RE7 late Monday night

I haven't watched a video or read any impressions in a long time, have some expectations but really just going to try and be open to new things

EDIT
& Yakuza drops too. this is just an insane month for me & the vidya

Game UK

EDIT: Re-reading my post, I mentioned GAME previously. Sorry, im not entirely sure what you mean by that? Unless you did mean... What company did I order from... Haha.

Yeah I meant what company, heard of GAME screwing up charges or causing them to fail multiple times.

Kuraudo

Banned
Did anyone preorder any of the new merchandise from Merchoid? Ordered a t-shirt and it was meant to ship today, but it's still showing as processing and the item page has been updated as out of stock. Just wondering if anyone's had anything actually shipped.

Jawmuncher

Did anyone preorder any of the new merchandise from Merchoid? Ordered a t-shirt and it was meant to ship today, but it's still showing as processing and the item page has been updated as out of stock. Just wondering if anyone's had anything actually shipped.

I ordered the candle. It shipped a few days ago.

Gradon

Yeah I meant what company, heard of GAME screwing up charges or causing them to fail multiple times.

It's a shame because GAME get so many exclusive special and collectors editions of games. :/. Oh well, it's gone through now, hopefully it arrives release date! I'm super excited.

Is anyone going to start on Madhouse Mode straight away? If its the hardest difficulty I was contemplating it. The pre-order and special edition DLC is a bit overkill with the amount of items it gives you so it'll make it easier probably.

zeemumu

Straight up sadness when a fucking video game's cutscenes have better visual consistency and timing than their filmed counterpart.

There's a certain level of freedom afforded to game cutscenes because you don't have to sacrifice realism for a better effect. It's all CGI so you can do whatever you want. No accounting for human physiology or cutting away to edit in stuntmen. But in doing so you tend to sacrifice time.

But my usual motto is of you can't remake it better, don't remake it at all (looking at you, Cabin Fever) and do your own thing.

Top Bottom