• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

There's a certain level of freedom afforded to game cutscenes because you don't have to sacrifice realism for a better effect. It's all CGI so you can do whatever you want. No accounting for human physiology or cutting away to edit in stuntmen. But in doing so you tend to sacrifice time.
I'm offering no quarter. That Code Veronica clip is a perfect example- the game shows a better sequence in three images than Anderson tries with eight.

His editing really turns me off.

Vic_Viper

Which emulated version of Resi 2 would people here recommend playing? GameCube (via dolphin) vs. PS1?

Is there one version that will look better and or play better than the other?

Edit: apparently there's an HD Texture pack for Dolphin.

Which emulated version of Resi 2 would people here recommend playing? GameCube (via dolphin) vs. PS1?

Is there one version that will look better and or play better than the other?

Edit: apparently there's an HD Texture pack for Dolphin.

If you have a vita that's a really nice way to play

Daffy Duck

Can someone explain how starting a new game etc works in Resident Evil 4?

I've jut completed my first play through on PS4 and now have my clear round save.

Question is do I have to continue using that save to go through the game again to build up money to buy the infinite launcher/Chicago type writer etc

As I know when I start that game the merchant pops up first then the game continues. But obviously that doesn't happen when you start a new game so unsure how it all works as ultimately I'd like to do a professional run but unsure if I can start that with higher tier weapons or not.

I've jut completed my first play through on PS4 and now have my clear round save.

Question is do I have to continue using that save to go through the game again to build up money to buy the infinite launcher/Chicago type writer etc

As I know when I start that game the merchant pops up first then the game continues. But obviously that doesn't happen when you start a new game so unsure how it all works as ultimately I'd like to do a professional run but unsure if I can start that with higher tier weapons or not.

RE4 is about the only action-RE that let's you acually start a completly new game with a clean slate whenever you want. The only difference between the New Game option before and after finishing the game is that afterwards you can select Professional difficulty and the bonus outfits.

Loading your cleared save is how you actually access New Game+. Keep in mind though, that you can't ever change the difficulty. You want a Professional difficulty run, you gotta start all over and go in naked.

condigy

As far as I know that only works on RE5(starting with a lower difficulty ,buy weapons, use them on higher difficulty)
In order to use the items on Pro you need to do a clean run

Daffy Duck

RE4 is about the only action-RE that let's you acually start a completly new game with a clean slate whenever you want. The only difference between the New Game option before and after finishing the game is that afterwards you can select Professional difficulty and the bonus outfits.

Loading your cleared save is how you actually access New Game+. Keep in mind though, that you can't ever change the difficulty. You want a Professional difficulty run, you gotta start all over and go in naked.

As far as I know that only works on RE5(starting with a lower difficulty ,buy weapons, use them on higher difficulty)
In order to use the items on Pro you need to do a clean run

Ahhhh OK gotcha.

Think I need some more runs then to get my knowledge up on the game before a pro run.

I also take it that if I wanted say the infinite launcher I'd have to buy it twice for both difficulties?

My Gamestop is doing a weird thing. No midnight opening, but you can buy RE7 if you're a Pro member at 9 PM on Monday. You can pay it off in full before then, but you have to wait until exactly 9.

Ahhhh OK gotcha.

Think I need some more runs then to get my knowledge up on the game before a pro run.

I also take it that if I wanted say the infinite launcher I'd have to buy it twice for both difficulties?

And you'd have to unlock it again too. It's only available on a cleared Professional run, just like it is on Normal.

Just saw the newest RE movie...

UGH

Like they were all bad but this is the worst. The camera work is a nightmare and the over attempts at jump scares is insane. Literally the entire first hour and 45 minutes is : silence.... bam loud zombie noise, FAST CAMERA CUT, REACTION SHOT, FAST CUT, ZOMBIE DEAD... silence.... BAM LOUD NOISE FAST CUT ZOMBIE POPOUT CAMERA CUT DEAD ZOMBIE FAST CUT -alice gets knocked out- 40 second FAST CUTS FLASHBACKS INSERT ONE LINERS FAST CUT! NONFOCUSED CAMERA ANGLE FAST CUT LOUD NOISE

Like come the -expletive- on. The other movies were awful but they were at least watchable. Every few seconds is silence, into a fast cut, into more fast cuts and barely seeing what the fast cut is supposed to make exciting.

-sigh- I went to see it just to do it since I saw the first one. I mean geeze even the CG wasn't that good.

ALSO:
Wesker getting killed by a door cutting off his foot and bleeding out, LOL
just offensive.

Anyway now I'm super hyped for 7. Getting good buzz. Going to hold off for the Grotesque version on Steam on Wedensday sadly. I'm pretty sure the shop up the street has it but going to stay strong lol... I hope :p

Mr_Zombie

There's a certain level of freedom afforded to game cutscenes because you don't have to sacrifice realism for a better effect. It's all CGI so you can do whatever you want. No accounting for human physiology or cutting away to edit in stuntmen. But in doing so you tend to sacrifice time.

But my usual motto is of you can't remake it better, don't remake it at all (looking at you, Cabin Fever) and do your own thing.

It's hard to recreate RE5 cut-scenes because the camera work in that game is insane. The camera can fly around characters (and also above and below them) - something that isn't really possible in live action movie. But, as you said, if you can't make it to look at least as good as in the game, you shouldn't even bother. (not to mention, the context of the scene is ridiculous; at this point Wesker has no history with Clarie and Chris and yet he still repeats the lines from the game).

However, Anderson managed to spoil even as simple scene (no extraordinary camera work, just simple cuts) as Leon vs Ada from RE4, where what looks cool in the game looks really awkward and fake in the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrII4rDFEBs

UGH

After 6 movies, did you really expect anything different? :D

ALSO:
just offensive.

Oh god, please tell me you're joking...
Or no, better not. I know a person who loves those movies and who loves this character, so seeing him all butthurt about that will be glorious. <3

strafer

UGH

Like they were all bad but this is the worst. The camera work is a nightmare and the over attempts at jump scares is insane. Literally the entire first hour and 45 minutes is : silence.... bam loud zombie noise, FAST CAMERA CUT, REACTION SHOT, FAST CUT, ZOMBIE DEAD... silence.... BAM LOUD NOISE FAST CUT ZOMBIE POPOUT CAMERA CUT DEAD ZOMBIE FAST CUT -alice gets knocked out- 40 second FAST CUTS FLASHBACKS INSERT ONE LINERS FAST CUT! NONFOCUSED CAMERA ANGLE FAST CUT LOUD NOISE

Like come the -expletive- on. The other movies were awful but they were at least watchable. Every few seconds is silence, into a fast cut, into more fast cuts and barely seeing what the fast cut is supposed to make exciting.

-sigh- I went to see it just to do it since I saw the first one. I mean geeze even the CG wasn't that good.

ALSO:
just offensive.

Anyway now I'm super hyped for 7. Getting good buzz. Going to hold off for the Grotesque version on Steam on Wedensday sadly. I'm pretty sure the shop up the street has it but going to stay strong lol... I hope :p

is chris is it? Jill?

I feel 7 really missed an opportunity to toss in a raid mode.
Just reuse maps from every game including Umbrella Corps.
Have it be a vr simulation like Rev2's Raid was.

I haven't seen the movie, but I hear
the movie's opening scene has most of the classic RE characters, such as Leon, Ada, Jill, etc., killed off in a blaze of glory.

The spoilers from the leak
you are correct and also wrong,
no blaze of glory Wesker turns on Alice again and the other room with Leon, Ada and Jill is blown up.
We barely see them from behind,

Chris is killed off screen between movies, Claire survived somehow.

I enjoyed all these movies but they ain't getting my money for this BS.

strafer

I feel 7 really missed an opportunity to toss in a raid mode.
Just reuse maps from every game including Umbrella Corps.
Have it be a vr simulation like Rev2's Raid was.

The spoilers from the leak
you are correct and also wrong,
no blaze of glory Wesker turns on Alice again and the other room with Leon, Ada and Jill is blown up.
We barely see them from behind,

Chris is killed off screen between movies, Claire survived somehow.

I enjoyed all these movies but they ain't getting my money for this BS.

if you don't mind, can you tell me how it ends, either in spoiler tags or in a PM. I really dont care, I just wanna know.

if you don't mind, can you tell me how it ends, either in spoiler tags or in a PM. I really dont care, I just wanna know.

I nope'd out just about at that,
only other stuff I really remember from it was "old Alice" and returning to Raccoon City
which I think is common knowledge now.

Here is the thread for the leak http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1148898&highlight=final+chapter

Edit: oh AdaWong updated that thread last year. More details in the last post.
hopefully some of that is true.

zeemumu

I haven't seen the movie, but I hear
the movie's opening scene has most of the classic RE characters, such as Leon, Ada, Jill, etc., killed off in a blaze of glory.

These films are infamous for that kind of shit.

Not-Sherry just disappears from the plot after Apocalypse

The clone army from Extinction get blown up 5 minutes into Afterlife and the world isn't a desert anymore.

All of those survivors on the boat from the end of Afterlife are immediately killed/MIA in the opening of Retribution.

strafer

I nope'd out just about at that,
only other stuff I really remember from it was "old Alice" and returning to Raccoon City
which I think is common knowledge now.

Here is the thread for the leak http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1148898&highlight=final+chapter

Edit: oh AdaWong updated that thread last year. More details in the last post.
hopefully some of that is true.
That sounds like fucking garbage. And they went with the most typical ending, Old Alice being the founder of Umbrella, of course she was.

I mean I will still watch it but I'll wait for Vendetta to get my RE movie fix.

Then I hope they reboot it with some real talent. No more Alice bullshit.

That sounds like fucking garbage. And they went with the most typical ending, Old Alice being the founder of Umbrella, of course she was.

I mean I will still watch it but I'll wait for Vendetta to get my RE movie fix.

Then I hope they reboot it with some real talent. No more Alice bullshit.

I don't even want a movie much anymore besides the CG movies every now and then.
Since my interest in Walking Dead is dying im on the tv train now,

Honestly just picturing a Netflix style mini-series where the entire first episode is mostly dedicated to establishing Raccoon City, STARS and stuff like a briefing at the RPD
is my dream atm.
S2 would basically be RE2&3

strafer

I don't even want a movie much anymore besides the CG movies every now and then.

Honestly just picturing a Netflix style mini-series where the entire first episode is mostly dedicated to establishing Raccoon City, STARS and stuff like a briefing at the RPD
is my dream atm.

Damn, a Netflix series sounds perfect.

Also, seems they already planning a TV series following the final movie.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-13-resident-evil-tv-series-to-debut-following-final-movie

Jawmuncher

A movie or TV show to me is one case where I'd like something more down to earth and realistic. We had 6 of those action movies that did their own thing. So something older that followed the universe of the games more would be cool to see.

Considering how successful the series has been for Sony. Due to its budget and profits, I definitely don't see them dropping RE. But am curious how long we'll have to wait.

zeemumu

is my dream atm.

I want to see the full sequence of events of the decline of Raccoon City. They always show you the aftermath but never those first few days/weeks. You see some of it in RE3 and Outbreak but that's about it. This is true of virtually all zombie media with a few exceptions.

I want to see the full sequence of events of the decline of Raccoon City. They always show you the aftermath but never those first few days/weeks. You see some of it in RE3 and Outbreak but that's about it. This is true of virtually all zombie media with a few exceptions.

Yup,

I'd literally start with hikers, campers or whatever being attacked and then either

A. Cut to Chris or Jill waking up and going to work like normal.
B. STARS returning to the RPD from a successful job

And then both teams being briefed on the recent deaths, Bravo leaves and their crash landing is the end of episode 1.
(actually shows flashbacks to stuff from notes and such)
Last episode would basically cover them returning, telling the story and so on.

However S2 since you already have the audience(and preferably on a binge platform)
Just cover Jill in Raccoon City investigating Umbrella for an episode or two, meanwhile Hunk, Birkin and stuff is also going on.
We see the t-virus working its way into the city slowly, contact to contact.
Finally into episode 3-ish zombies(crows, people and dogs) attack a sporting event which causes the complete widespread outbreak.

zeemumu

Yup,

I'd literally start with hikers, campers or whatever being attacked and then either

This was actually what I thought RE7 would cover before we got more info on it. I thought that you might be playing as some kind of investigative team trying to poke around the Arklay Mountains and discover the mystery before STARS was briefed on the situation and sent in.

I picture Rebecca thanking god she was never used by movies as she goes to sleep
To suddenly opens her eyes...
LC3qX7b
"oh, noo!"

Reading about the movie
Wasn't expecting much to be honest, given how bad the others movies are, but ugh...this sounds awful

At least now is over
Has there been any update on the announced Resident Evil tv series from last year(or 2015)?
As far as I know, it seems there are no news about this. It could still happen some time after the last movie.

Bowl0l

UGH

ALSO:
just offensive.
Thanks for the review.

In between which games do the 2 cgi movies take place? And has Tricell ever appeared in any of the games?
Degeneration takes place between RE4 and RE5 (year 2005)
Damnation takes place between RE5 and RE6 (don't remember exactly the year, 2011 or 2012)

Best Buy is preparing my RE7 order, and I just redeemed the survival pack. Holy shit, it's happening.

Great! Let us know your thoughts about the game when you receive it.

Carbonox

Playing through REmake for the first time in years and bah gawd the remaster on PS4 is beautiful. This is absolutely the best and purest Resident Evil experience ever and is getting me even more excited for RE7.

The BSAA costumes work so much better in this than the OG ones too.

Jawmuncher

Playing through REmake for the first time in years and bah gawd the remaster on PS4 is beautiful. This is absolutely the best and purest Resident Evil experience ever and is getting me even more excited for RE7.

They really do, so glad they added them.

Yup,
wish they added more like Zero.(I loved all the variants, but specifically her Arrange Mode Red uniform)

I would have easily paid for Chris and Jill's Revelations costumes as well as Chris' two RE6 costumes.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

RE5 Jill is 10/10. RE5 Chris feels really out of place in the game tho.

Vic_Viper

Degeneration = 4&5
Damnation = 5&6
Vendetta = after 6

Tricell is in 5, and Tricell's HQ is in Umbrella Corps

Thanks!

Playing REmake for the first time ever on PS4 currently, seriously love Jill's Resi 5 outfit. So glad they added those costumes in the game.

Top Bottom