• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Grisby

WNCYnKN.gif
I think the whole scene with Wesker/Chris/Jill in the mansion is the best cutscene RE has ever done.

Man, I hate how Jill's face got messed up each game.

zeemumu

I think the whole scene with Wesker/Chris/Jill in the mansion is the best cutscene RE has ever done.

Man, I hate how Jill's face got messed up each game.

Just reminded me that they never explain how or why Jill was captured by the Red Queen in the films. She has no personal connections to anyone or a dormant T Virus

Grisby

Just reminded me that they never explain how or why Jill was captured by the Red Queen in the films. She has no personal connections to anyone or a dormant T Virus
Ha. I forgot Jill was in those flicks past 2 and then I remembered they brought her back in her RE5 costume.

Those movies.

DrKelpo

Banned
last night I finished Resident Evil 6.

I.... wow... that was one big clusterfuck of a game.

Honestly, I don't even know where to begin.... the trashy overblown action, the characters that range from okay to worthless, the weak gunplay, the nonsense stories, the lazy bossfights, the forced romance, the forced bromance, the repeating setpieces, the annoying as hell J'avo, the bottom-tier shooter that is Chris' campaign, the worthless skills, the crappy menu....

geez...

on the positive side... there are some great enemy designs, great animation, solid voice acting and some atmosphere here and there.
Obviously some work went into this game which makes it even worse that it turned out like this.

Mr_Zombie

The movie are like those fanfics where the author suddenly puts a character from the game into his own story (to interact with his own characters) just because it's awesome. There's no explanation, no motive, no reason.

Every RE movie past the first one was like that. No matter how stupidly insane or contradictory it was - it was cool in the game so Anderson had to put it in the movie too.

Biggest lol was when they tried to duplicate the RE5 fight in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J58VPpPrmQU

And made it look much slower with worse choreography. :/ (btw. choreography and camera work in RE5 just rocks).

Dunno why, but each time Anderson tries to "replicate" a scene from the game, puts some new things from the game (that makes no sense in the context of the movie) it just makes me angry/annoys me. It feels like that bad fanservice for fanservice sake. On the other hand, I loved how the Silent Hill movie introduced enemies from the game or even replicated whole scenes (the alley scene with demon kids), even though the movie itself butchers the storyline and also makes a lot of stupid mistakes (Lisa wearing a completely different outfit than the rest of the nurses, even though they were in the same hospital in the movie) and makes everything really gory. And yet RE movies... just annoy me.

The RE movies such a mess I dunno why they don't just recast instead of giving no explanation why characters are suddenly vanished between movies.

zeemumu

The RE movies such a mess I dunno why they don't just recast instead of giving no explanation why characters are suddenly vanished between movies.

The thing is Jill is the same actress but we never find out why she disappeared during the 3rd movie, or why the whole "The T-Virus killed all of the plants and dried up the oceans, reducing the planet to a desert" thing only applies during the 3rd. Did...did they fix it between movies 3 and 4?

The thing is Jill is the same actress but we never find out why she disappeared during the 3rd movie, or why the whole "The T-Virus killed all of the plants and dried up the oceans, reducing the planet to a desert" thing only applies during the 3rd. Did...did they fix it between movies 3 and 4?

You're thinking about it too much just stop

strafer

Man, I like Wentworth Miller but him as Chris is one of the most non-sense casting I ever saw in recent years.

Yeah, I didn't like him as Chris at all, and I couldn't stop seeing the guy from Prison Break, and when we first see him in the movie he is a prison cell, hehe.

Claire for the most part was great casting.

If I were casting Chris though, I would go with David Boreanaz.

ayzwmD1.jpg

Yeah, I didn't like him as Chris at all, and I couldn't stop seeing the guy from Prison Break, and when we first see him in the movie he is a prison cell, hehe.

Claire for the most part was great casting.

If I were casting Chris though, I would go with David Boreanaz.
Him or
Has the look and build
Dude is the best part of that show and can't help but picture him as modern Chris.

The 2nd movie tries to duplicate scenes from RE3(police blockade with reflection in helmet) and Code Veronica(helicopter hallway and dropping the gun and catching it before it hits the ground)

And apparently Jill was in Caution stance at some point

Isn't that from RE2?

zeemumu

I think the 1st and 2nd films are the only ones to take their main plots directly from the games with some changes (the infection never made it to the mansion, the Raccoon City survivors are being guided from the outside, Nemesis has feelings, etc.)

kromeo

The first movie was a decent enough action romp, the second and third ones were complete trash though... The worst game in the series looks like a masterpiece compared to those.

I might give one of the more recent ones a try eventually..

Funny enough, that oft-rumored George Romero treatment of the first film is awful. I'd heard it mentioned so much but it really makes a butcher's job of the story and any decent characterization to them.

It's better it remained simply a denied script.

lol
I have not watched those movies yet. I have them all on bluray though... My expectations are veeeery low though.

1st is...Passable as a standalone movie.
2nd gets visual stuff done really well, but the story gets crap at the end.
3rd is dogshit in every way.
4th is passable but has a lot of nonsense.
5th is fanservice to fans of previous 4 movies, but mostly dogshit for everyone else.

Second movie is probably the best for RE fans due to visually doing well and the story being passable, even if the ending is bad.

zeemumu

1st is...Passable as a standalone movie.
3rd is dogshit in every way.
4th is passable but has a lot of nonsense.
5th is fanservice to fans of previous 4 movies, but mostly dogshit for everyone else.

Second movie is probably the best for RE fans due to visually doing well and the story being passable, even if the ending is bad.

The 2nd one is the actual Raccoon City outbreak and takes pieces of RE2 and RE3 for its plot so it makes sense that RE fans would like that one more, even if they gave Nemesis feeeeeeliiiiingsss

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, is 7 supposed to be good? To be the best mainline game since 4?
I dont go into the impressions thread anymore, I think I know now to much already

Vic_Viper

Been going through some of the Resi games I never played before 7 comes out. Currently playing REmake HD on PS4 since I got it free with PS+ and never played the GameCube version. Also just started Leon's campaign in 6 but doubt I'll actually play through it much longer.

Really want to check out 2 though since I never got around to it at the time.

What is the best way to play/experience Resi 2 currently? I own it on PSN but don't feel like hooking up the PS3 if there's a better option. Is there a good version for PC or an emulator? Would really like the best looking version I can find.

Also how is Revelations on PC? Played the 3DS version for a bit but didn't get very far. Is the PC version worth checking out? 5 is by far my favorite so of its similar to that I think I'd like to play it.

Also how is 0 ranked story wise? Is it worth playing for the story?

Mr_Zombie

The story gets crap the moment Alice crashes the bike through the church's window and starts acting all "I'm awesome". The movie would be a lot better if it had similar atmosphere as the first one.
Also how is 0 ranked story wise? Is it worth playing for the story?

Uhm... there's some interesting backstory but the main story is crap. The relationship between Beccy and Billy is fine, but there's nothing beside that. The two wander around aimlessly for the whole game while the main villain watches them on camera and talks to himself the whole time.

Carbonox

I can't get over how rancid so much of Resident Evil 6 is. From little mechanics or forced gameplay segments to horrible horrible chapter designs and a "throw shit at a wall and see what sticks" mentality for the sake of "immersion".

My latest frustration is Jake's chapter 2-3 on Professional where you have to open doors quickly before Ustanak takes you out. The dickhead AI leads to Sherry just standing there when the door is open and she dies. My controller is getting battered and bruised doing those god awful analog stick rotations. It's such a busted mechanic. My hand actually hurts.

I'll have to attempt this again tomorrow. Who thought this was a wonderful idea?

zeemumu

The story gets crap the moment Alice crashes the bike through the church's window and starts acting all "I'm awesome". The movie would be a lot better if it had similar atmosphere as the first one.

The problem is that they don't let anyone besides Alice do anything.

Jill threw a match to blow up some monsters in the 2nd and it went out so Alice had to save them. Alice had to save everyone in that church with her motorcycle antics. Jill had to throw Alice the gun to kill Rain (for the 4th time) despite being close enough to do it herself. Even Alice had to save Alice in the 3rd movie. Poor Jill is the Vegeta to Alice's Goku

I will say that Apocalypse has one of the better Nemesis "STARS" voices

kromeo

Im giving RE6 another go and apart from all the usual complaints it's ridiculously dark.. I can barely see where I'm going half the time and this is with brightness already turned up a bit from the default

Top Bottom