• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

News Bot

Banned
I still feel the best part of the game was stuff like the Nikloai Boss Battle. A nice extra battle that from my recollection wouldn't affect RE3 canon.

Nikolai could've had run-ins with the U.S.S., but Wolfpack don't exist. There already was a second U.S.S. squad sent into the city by helicopter, seen in Outbreak. He may have even encountered them in Outbreak, but we'll likely never know due to the missing ten scenarios.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
It's best not to toy with the suggestions of liars. Not a single part in the game is even hypothetically possible to be canon.

CAPCOM Japan also approved the Chinese comics where Ada gets tentacle raped and impregnated and Billy becomes a Super Saiyan. Approving the licensing of a product has nothing to do with canon.

Oh the RE comic fun. To be fair, some of the non-canon material in RE is good fun, a few of the comics were enjoyable in my opinion.

I still feel the best part of the game was stuff like the Nikloai Boss Battle. A nice extra battle that from my recollection wouldn't affect RE3 canon.

I kind of felt it worked better when they say shit all to being canon and letting whatever happen. I don't care if Spec-Ops meeting Claire in the Sewers and helping Sherry escape only to be attacked by Willaim Birkin makes no sense, it was a fun chapter. Or the part I mentioned above about using the giant laser from RE3 to take on an army of Tyrants to provide a bullshit 'answer' for the pile of dead Tyrants in RE3.

It's bullshit, but amusing bullshit that was a bit of fun to play,

Jawmuncher

Nikolai could've had run-ins with the U.S.S., but Wolfpack don't exist. There already was a second U.S.S. squad sent into the city by helicopter, seen in Outbreak. He may have even encountered them in Outbreak, but we'll likely never know due to the missing ten scenarios.

The sooner we get a Outbreak HD collection the better.

It's as canon as the S D Perry novel where Leon, Claire and Rebecca fight a Dinosaur Tyrant

By which I mean, hahahahahaha.

Which book was this? Underworld or whatever it was called? Sounds like the closest thing to a RE x DC crossover.
Only ever read the RE3 novelization, which I though was a pretty good sum up of the game.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
So im actually interested, how did RE get a dedicated community thread not in community? Are you all really the best fans ever? I must know the secretzzz

RE has the best fanbase :)
the others are grumpy

RE has a pretty horrible fanbase.

Irving.jpg

Who really knows?

Dusk Golem

Anyway, the height of official Resident Evil fanfiction for me is the fourth/fifth live-action movie. I know it's not claiming at all to be canon in the RE universe, but the 5th film tries to incorporate more RE characters and elements than the other films by a long-shot.

The cheesy 'recreation' of the Chris and Wesker encounter, the giant kaiju Licker, Barry having flat one liners and sacrifice, Leon being a jerk, Wesker as president, etc.

I don't know if I'm excited or dreading the final live-action film.

DedValve

Banned
So im actually interested, how did RE get a dedicated community thread not in community? Are you all really the best fans ever? I must know the secretzzz

Despite all the incredible and over the top fanservice we actually don't go into creepy waifu mode like other fanbases (looking at you bioware fans)
for the most part anyways

Jawmuncher

I've enjoyed all of the RE movies for what they were outside of Extinction. Never really liked that one, and I guess Paul W.S. Anderson didn't either since it basically was retconned on the later films.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Anyway, the height of official Resident Evil fanfiction for me is the fourth/fifth live-action movie. I know it's not claiming at all to be canon in the RE universe, but the 5th film tries to incorporate more RE characters and elements than the other films by a long-shot.

The cheesy 'recreation' of the Chris and Wesker encounter, the giant kaiju Licker, Barry having flat one liners and sacrifice, Leon being a jerk, Wesker as president.

I don't know if I'm excited or dreading the final live-action film.

Exited for the dread. I really enjoy the movies specifically because they're not great.

DedValve

Banned
the last movie was so horrible. I don't even know why I watched it till the end.

Oh wait yes I do Michelle Rodriguez.

Thats really it.

I guess I'll rewatch it while high and see if my attitude changes towards it. I feel like the overall series is a great "watch while high" series.

Jawmuncher

The one where they're stuck in the prison was all about wesker for me. The beginning and the end of that movie were so good since Wesker was there.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Despite all the incredible and over the top fanservice we actually don't go into creepy waifu mode like other fanbases (looking at you bioware fans)
for the most part anyways

Oh ive been an RE fan for many a year and yes, RE fans get their waifu art on i can tell you.

Jawmuncher

I do want to say that Irving got screwed over in RE5. He really should have been a character still heckling around in later games.

Junahu

Which book was this? Underworld or whatever it was called? Sounds like the closest thing to a RE x DC crossover.
Only ever read the RE3 novelization, which I though was a pretty good sum up of the game.
It was indeed Underworld. They're all fun books.
Perry's novelizations are really good. I like the way they run through the thought process behind a character's actions and dialogue, because a lot of stuff from Resident Evil gets hard to justify when you remove it from the gameplay. It's clear that Perry knows the material

City of the Dead is my headcanon for RE2.

Jawmuncher

I was felt like Irving was just a poor man's Salazar

He had a bit more going on than saddler to me especiallu comedy wise. Since he was just a lackey to wesker. Hell even Jill beats him around a little. With a tad bit of rewriting, he could have taken the place of Carla in RE6. Carla more or less was just a clone of Ada I felt to have that 2 minute conflict between Leon and Chris.

Jawmuncher

I've said before Capcom seems to have a bad habit of introducing and killing villains in the same gmey. Wesker had so much going for him since he had what 4 games of appearances (1, CVX, 4, and 5). I feel like for RE7 the villain should be someone who could have been dead, but wasn't set in stone. So someone like Krauser I think could work. Would be better than new name villain who dies in the same game he appears like Simmons. Simmons in general was kind of a let down really, even as the most interesting of the bunch of villains. Actually to me all of the villains were in RE6. They do their job, but I don't really care about any of them. Like if I never saw them again in anything I wouldn't be bothered by it.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car

News Bot

Banned
He had a bit more going on than saddler to me especiallu comedy wise. Since he was just a lackey to wesker. Hell even Jill beats him around a little. With a tad bit of rewriting, he could have taken the place of Carla in RE6. Carla more or less was just a clone of Ada I felt to have that 2 minute conflict between Leon and Chris.

That's exactly why Ada clones became a thing. The entire 6 story spawned from that Leon VS. Chris image the artist drew on a whim, and the only reason they could think of putting them in conflict involved Ada... but she's not a villain. That's why Simmons takes a backseat despite being infinitely more interesting and relevant. Carla's entire threat is justified solely through Simmons, since all she does is siphon his resources.

Blame Sasaki. Even though cloning has been a mainstay in the series since its inception, and the C-Virus' properties are believable enough to recreate a human into another human, it's just not compelling to use it especially on a character like Ada, who receives exactly zero development herself in the game to justify her presence apart from being lured in by Carla.

Jawmuncher

That's exactly why Ada clones became a thing. The entire 6 story spawned from that Leon VS. Chris image the artist drew on a whim, and the only reason they could think of putting them in conflict involved Ada... but she's not a villain. That's why Simmons takes a backseat despite being infinitely more interesting and relevant. Carla's entire threat is justified solely through Simmons, since all she does is siphon his resources.

Blame Sasaki. Even though cloning has been a mainstay in the series since its inception, and the C-Virus' properties are believable enough to recreate a human into another human, it's just not compelling to use it especially on a character like Ada, who receives exactly zero development herself in the game to justify her presence apart from being lured in by Carla.

Yeah the whole Carla thing to me story wise was the weakest part of RE6. Even if the final Ada vs Carla chapter in the ship was kind of interesting.

----

To me the story should in RE6 have been all about Simmons, Ustanak, and another idea to have Leon vs Chris. Rather than a clone, maybe a misunderstanding of ada. Such as her and leon being in the area for data and Chris catching a glimpse of them and confusing the whole situation.

Dusk Golem

Carla's existence was justified for me for her goopy body horror segment at the end of Ada's Chapter 4. She's unremarkable all around unfortunately, but that Carla encounter was actually kind of creepy and grotesquely fun.

379307375.jpg

Jawmuncher

I... I actually did not know there was a Dino Crisis manga until now, but looking it up, looks interesting enough.

It changes the story quite a bit, sadly I can't find a translated version anywhere for it. Just summaries.
Despite all issues of it being up on the DC wikia.

Golnei

Carla's existence was justified for me for her goopy body horror segment at the end of Ada's Chapter 4. She's unremarkable all around unfortunately, but that Carla encounter was actually kind of creepy and grotesquely fun.

379307375.jpg

The actual gameplay portion of it wasn't terribly enjoyable, but I did like her final form's design, especially the animation on the segments of her face which were individually damaged and regenerated. Given the total freedom they've been given for enemy designs, I'd hope future games would be able to incorporate things just as creepy and abstract.

That's actually relatively tame, once you get past the novelty of it being in official media. Does she end up giving birth?

~Kinggi~

Banned

379307375.jpg

Gees i never reached that point but thats a damn good fucked up face right there.

OniBaka

The choreography in Capcom games are so good, wished it was like that for most other games. Only other developer that I can think of that does it good is naughty dog.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
That's actually relatively tame, once you get past the novelty of it being in official media. Does she end up giving birth?

I actually don't know. And yeah, it's fairly tame. And it's really not the weirdest piece of licensed material. I mean, Leon doesn't even fight God with Ki attacks and ascends to heaven the SkyWalker manhua.

Golnei

The choreography in Capcom games are so good, wished it was like that for most other games. Only other developer that I can think of that does it good is naughty dog.

Platinum has some fairly good choreography when they have the budget for it, but I'm not sure if it counts in this context, since Yuji Shimomura tends to be involved in those cases. The same applies for recent Metal Gears.

I really miss Wesker.

She was just in the last game.

Jawmuncher

Platinum has some fairly good choreography when they have the budget for it, but I'm not sure if it counts in this context, since Yuji Shimomura tends to be involved in those cases. The same applies for recent Metal Gears.

She was just in the last game.

The worst wesker.

Top Bottom