• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

RSB

Banned
Rev 2 ran fine as well on PS4, other than the forest section in Ep. 1 I can't recall any hiccups.

I'm also in the mindset that Rev 2 looked good enough, I wouldn't mind if any further RE titles on current gen were 60 fps by sacrificing a bit of graphic quality.

Unfortunately I know that's wishful thinking on my part and most people want their AAA games to have DEM GRAPHICZ.
Same, especially for action RE (classic RE is fine at 30) 60 fps feels so much better than 30 that any graphical sacrifices are worth it IMO. And it's not like 60 fps games can't look great (see Battlefront)

man ya'll see this shit

2016-03-12_00005.jpg

2016-03-12_00018.jpg
]

Yeah it's absurd. Bums me out Capcom ain't gonna do shit for the upcoming PS4 release further than what they offered for the PC version. If only consoles could install mods...

Yeah it's absurd. Bums me out Capcom ain't gonna do shit for the upcoming PS4 release further than what they offered for the PC version. If only consoles could install mods...

If you're referring to games like RE5&6 then are they even offering the same stuff as they did with the PC releases? The PC versions of RE5&6 both have the additional game mode The Mercenaries: No Mercy.

Psxphile

Completed RE:CVXHD (wew lad) last night. Last time I played it was the original release on my Dreamcast, so some of the new stuff was neat to see. I'd forgotten how much backtracking this title forces on you. The beginning is especially brutal since you'll fill up your inventory quickly and long before you come across a proper item chest (security box just necessitates more backtracking down the road if you want to keep what you put in there).

Why were the FMVs so bad, though? Compressed to hell and random frame drops... did they really not have access to a higher-quality source anymore? Other than that the graphics looked pretty great, I actually like that the game was much darker as a result of the dynamic lighting.

The Steve battle is still bullshit, though. If only RE:CV retained RE3's quick-dodge mechanic, then maybe that sequence wouldn't be so bad.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Man I've been away from RE for a while, Overwatch has been sucking up all my time. I need to get back to RE0 soon, otherwise I don't know if I'll ever beat it. I'm still sitting on a CVX HD save from 2012 that remains unfinished. :(

So me and a buddy of mine were going to co-op play through Revelations 2 (yes, I've read things about it not being a great co-op game), but what I was wondering is where do the extra episodes fit in? Based on some stuff I've read it sounds like the two episodes kind of bookend the main campaign?

Manu

They fill in gaps in the main campaign, but it's still highly recommended that you play them after beating the game since they explain some of the ending twists.

Roubjon

So me and a buddy of mine were going to co-op play through Revelations 2 (yes, I've read things about it not being a great co-op game), but what I was wondering is where do the extra episodes fit in? Based on some stuff I've read it sounds like the two episodes kind of bookend the main campaign?

They take place during the campaign, but you should only play them after you have completed the game, as they explain certain end game story elements further.

They fill in gaps in the main campaign, but it's still highly recommended that you play them after beating the game since they explain some of the ending twists.

They take place during the campaign, but you should only play them after you have completed the game, as they explain certain end game story elements further.

Ah, thanks for the heads up! Once we beat the campaign is there an extra mission we should play before the other or does it not really matter?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Ah, thanks for the heads up! Once we beat the campaign is there an extra mission we should play before the other or does it not really matter?

Of course. On-top of explaining some end game things, I would suggest playing them after the main game as well as they're both also notably the hardest chapters in the game. XD; BUT, I would suggest Little Miss > Struggle one, personally, as in my opinion the Struggle one is the hardest chapter in the game by far.

Jawmuncher

This is random, but I wonder if it's possible that Capcom Vancouver worked on something resident evil related. It's nothing but conjecture but the Twitter account has been super active as of late and we are expecting RE news this month.

Probably nothing though. However we know they're making something.

Mr_Zombie

Of course. On-top of explaining some end game things, I would suggest playing them after the main game as well as they're both also notably the hardest chapters in the game. XD; BUT, I would suggest Little Miss > Struggle one, personally, as in my opinion the Struggle one is the hardest chapter in the game by far.

I haven't finished Little Miss yet because of the stealth section at the beginning of the game >_> I suck at being stealth.

Also thepenguin55, you should know this by now but just in case: in Episode 3, in Claire's chapter, during the QTE after the boss fight switch to Moira.

Neiteio

So I just replayed the entirety of RE4, followed by Separate Ways, and now I'm replaying RE4 again in NG+. RE4 is pretty much my favorite game, period.

Also... They can totally bring Krauser back.

Leon "kills" him and then Ada "kills" him, but in both cases he just topples over and falls flat on the ground. The body itself is still intact.

Krauser will be back.

Jawmuncher

So I just replayed the entirety of RE4, followed by Separate Ways, and now I'm replaying RE4 again in NG+. RE4 is pretty much my favorite game, period.

Leon "kills" him and then Ada "kills" him, but in both cases he just topples over and falls flat on the ground. The body itself is still intact.

Krauser will be back.

Exactly. Krauser just seems like the easiest route for a villain. Wouldn't be a stretch that he was under Wesker but was still a part of the family. Plus it would go a long way towards interest. "What krauser is back?!" as opposed to random new baddie.

Especially if they went and turned it on it's head, have Krauser seem high up when really he's a lackey working under
Alex Wesker in a new form
. They have a lot of options to easily use some fan favorites. I like new character's as much as the next guy, but after RE5 the series really needs a villain that is in more than one game. Not an entity.

I feel like that was something metal gear solid always kind of understood. Since on both sides they offered a lot new, but also kept numerous familiars with it's villains and characters.
I guess you could argue ada, but we all know she is more or less a hero at this point.

Neiteio

Imagine an RE7 with RE6 controls, and a Leon vs. Krauser rival battle where Krauser uses all the same moves as you (e.g. spot-dodging, diving, rolling, sliding, etc).

*swoon*

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Krauser will be back.
And then Wesker's organization pulled the play as from his body, so he's super dead.

Imagine an RE7 with RE6 controls, and a Leon vs. Krauser rival battle where Krauser uses all the same moves as you (e.g. spot-dodging, diving, rolling, sliding, etc).

*swoon*

As long as they tighten up the movement animation (Blades of Glory suits would be apt for how you move in RE6 sometimes), that sounds great.

Edit: Just a few more days...

This is random, but I wonder if it's possible that Capcom Vancouver worked on something resident evil related. It's nothing but conjecture but the Twitter account has been super active as of late and we are expecting RE news this month.

Probably nothing though. However we know they're making something.

Why are we not expecting RE news at E3?

Jawmuncher

That's what I would think happen but idk

In my mind I would like Resident Evil 7 trailer. Then perhaps an actual indepth gameplay section at E3 or a reveal of REmake 2 there. If neither I would like at least another game HD collection announced like Outbreak this month.

RE4-6 and Outbreak HD along with Umbrella Corps and REmake 2 and RE7 reveals would be a nice 20th anniversary in my book.

Jawmuncher

Where was it said that Krauser's plaga was removed?

Also, they could always just say his body adopted some regenerative ability, etc

Or they took out plagas and injected something else in there. Give the dude a prosthetic hand or like you said the virus just regenerated.

Neiteio

If Krauser comes back, hopefully the same VA does, too. Whoever voiced him in RE4 (and I think Darkside Chronicles) did an awesome job.

Jawmuncher

If Krauser comes back, hopefully the same VA does, too. Whoever voiced him in RE4 (and I think Darkside Chronicles) did an awesome job.

I don't think Darkside chronicles was the same guy. I felt like there was a big difference in the VAs.With RE4 being the better one.

Neiteio

I don't think Darkside chronicles was the same guy. I felt like there was a big difference in the VAs.With RE4 being the better one.
I prefer the RE4 performance, too, but I thought someone here said it's the same VA for both Leon and Krauser, reprising their roles from RE4.

Jawmuncher

I prefer the RE4 performance, too, but I thought someone here said it's the same VA for both Leon and Krauser, reprising their roles from RE4.

Hmm I guess it is the same guy. Must have been different VA coaching there. Much like how a lot of the cast in MGS1 sound way different in MGS TTS

Starting to watch some of the latter half of the film series, and I should really find the time and booze to watch Afterlife. Retribution is starting off really weird...

Come to think of it, Krauser would have been a fantastic antagonist for the Anderson/Jovovich films.

As much as I complain of the game narrative direction, Capcom has nothing on good ol Paul.

Psxphile

I'm getting RE Revelations 1 and 2 from Amazon to complete my RE playthrough (I slept on these) only to remember that I bought RE:R1 on Steam yonks ago during a sale but never played it. Now, I built my comp back in 2009 (thanks GAF Builds a PC thread) so it's a bit behind the times (still rockin' 4GB ram, should really shell out for the 16GB now) and I'm wondering if I should even bother playing it on there with the PS3 version on its way... or send that version back and stick to PC. What do ya'll think? Just how much does the PC version trounce PS3 on maximum settings @ 1080p? Differences to take into account?

Neiteio

I'm getting RE Revelations 1 and 2 from Amazon to complete my RE playthrough (I slept on these) only to remember that I bought RE:R1 on Steam yonks ago during a sale but never played it. Now, I built my comp back in 2009 (thanks GAF Builds a PC thread) so it's a bit behind the times (still rockin' 4GB ram, should really shell out for the 16GB now) and I'm wondering if I should even bother playing it on there with the PS3 version on its way... or send that version back and stick to PC. What do ya'll think? Just how much does the PC version trounce PS3 on maximum settings @ 1080p? Differences to take into account?
I'm sure the PC version is excellent.

I played the PS3 version and thoroughly enjoyed it. Runs great, looks great, sounds great, plays great.

Psxphile

Shit, forgot I had the game on 3DS too. Why do I buy games if I'm not going to play them, lol. Guess there's no point in going backwards... and PC version runs pretty great on my comp. I'm getting consistently high framerates even on max settings.

What are everyone's thoughts on RE6's DLC multiplayer modes? Never purchased the DLC when I originally played it on 360, but they're included with the current gen versions so what the heck. I'll probably end up giving them a try at some point.

Jawmuncher

What are everyone's thoughts on RE6's DLC multiplayer modes? Never purchased the DLC when I originally played it on 360, but they're included with the current gen versions so what the heck. I'll probably end up giving them a try at some point.

Predator and Versus I thought were alright, as was siege.

Onslaught is the best of the bunch though. It's basically versus Mercenaries and a lot of fun.

Junahu

Shit, forgot I had the game on 3DS too. Why do I buy games if I'm not going to play them, lol. Guess there's no point in going backwards... and PC version runs pretty great on my comp. I'm getting consistently high framerates even on max settings.
I honestly couldn't get into the console/pc versions of Revelations. There's just something I find inherently off-putting about playing it without 3D.

Revelations 3DS also had some hilariously bad ghosting when you use a sniper scope in 3D, which forces you to keep one eye closed while aiming. For some perverse reason, I actually liked that, and considered it a mechanic of aiming.

Zambatoh

I honestly couldn't get into the console/pc versions of Revelations. There's just something I find inherently off-putting about playing it without 3D.

Revelations 3DS also had some hilariously bad ghosting when you use a sniper scope in 3D, which forces you to keep one eye closed while aiming. For some perverse reason, I actually liked that, and considered it a mechanic of aiming.

Funny thing is, pro snipers train to have both eyes open when they aim down the scope. But of course you never see that in movies. Except in rare cases like Terminator 2.

I've been playing some RE6 mercenaries online with random dudes and girls, there's not too much going on, at least on PS3, but still enough that you can always find some open sessions. But some people can get really frustrating, if you put in "Playing for Fun" don't just restart or straight up abort the session just because you didn't get a perfect combo or god forbid you were grabbed by an enemy. Had this happen three times with different players. But when it all works out, it's really great.

And a bunch of times, I had the game crap out due to "connection errors". Didn't have this issue as frequently with other online games and everything else seemed fine. Is RE6 known to just do that from time to time?

I've been playing some RE6 mercenaries online with random dudes and girls, there's not too much going on, at least on PS3, but still enough that you can always find some open sessions. But some people can get really frustrating, if you put in "Playing for Fun" don't just restart or straight up abort the session just because you didn't get a perfect combo or god forbid you were grabbed by an enemy. Had this happen three times with different players. But when it all works out, it's really great.

This is so damn frustrating. I don't get why they put "Playing for fun" if they're gonna do that. Maybe they never care to change the objective or whatever but it's so damn annoying. Hope it works better on PS4.

Top Bottom