• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I don't think Darkside chronicles was the same guy. I felt like there was a big difference in the VAs.With RE4 being the better one.

Krauser is actually voice acted by the same guy (Jim Ward) in every appearance he's had (RE4, Darkside, Mercenaries 3D). Though he did deliver his performance a bit differently between RE4/Darkside.

Expecting an announcement on the 22th is nuts because there would've been an announcement for announcement way fucking early.

As it is, it's a toss up between E3/EuroCom?/TGS.

Capcom actually has not done that many announcements of announcements with the RE series, in fact I don't think they've done any. Resident Evil 6, Revelations 1, and Revelations 2 were all announced on random days with some sort of teaser or trailer. I don't know if we'll see anything tomorrow (at the very least, Capcom will probably announce it's the series 20th anniversary), but Capcom actually haven't announced a Resident Evil game at a proper big gaming event for a while. But who knows, maybe they will, maybe they won't.

Regardless of whatever it ends up being, tomorrow is the 20th anniversary date, guess we'll see if anyone comes out of it. Whether is be some merchandise announcement, just a social feed mention, or something more than that.

Jawmuncher

I feel worse comes to worst were gonna at least some sort of light tease.

Like for example a 20th anniversary logo with a 7 in the background or some ominous dates. Remember there was an ARG before RE6 came out.

I don't quite remember, but RE6 looks a lot better graphically than Rev2, right?
I remember 6 being quite the looker on PS3, but they imported characters from that game into Rev2 raid mode and they didn't look too out of place, so now I'm not sure about RE6.
Not that I'm complaining about Rev2, it looks fine, but I remember RE6 as one of the best looking PS3 games.

Golnei

The character models in both games were generally fine, but Revelations 2's environments and overall art direction were a notable step down from 6; which already drew complaints for low texture quality compared to 5, especially taking into account their respective times of release.

The character models in Rev 2 were fine IMO. It makes sense that they'd match up with RE6's.

It was the environments in Rev 2 that looked really bad at times. I believe the rumor that it was originally a 3DS game hastily moved to HD platforms. The low-res textures hint heavily at that.

Neiteio

Actually, a lot of the RE6 environments were in Rev2's Raid Mode, and I thought the RE6 environments looked worse than the Rev2 ones, or at least not better.

Sooo...

Jawmuncher

Actually, a lot of the RE6 environments were in Rev2's Raid Mode, and I thought the RE6 environments looked worse than the Rev2 ones, or at least not better.

Sooo...

If you take the RE6 environments in actual RE6 and compare them to how they look in Rev 2 you'll notice they're a step down. Same with the ripped RE6 character models in rev 2.

Rev 2 just in all terms isn't as good looking as 6. With budget being the big factor. I think the lighting is a big part of it.

Neiteio

My months-long obsession with RE this year has culminated in a return to The Evil Within — closest thing to a spiritual successor from Mikami himself. Made a thread about the game's artistry. I found myself watching videos of it on my PS4's capture gallery while testing out new headphones, and I was struck all over again at how incredibly atmospheric TEW is from start to finish. Amazing game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
From the other thread:

For the lack of a better word, sorry for the lack of update.

The game is finished and will be out on both PS4 and XB1 on March 29th as scheduled.

The reason you may not hear much in terms of messaging and marketing activities specific to this game is because, well, it's a re-release of a fairly recent game from the previous generation, and it's also part of the 20th Anniverrsary celebration. We have more RE games coming out this year And RE6 is just a part of that marketing campaign.

If you've played or seen the PC version, you'll know what to expect in terms of visual fidelity and performance.

While I haven't done any scientific comparison, it seems to be on par with PC version running at 1080p/60 on both consoles. It runs great on both consoles. You can say I'm drinking my own cool aid, but I've been having way too much fun (and getting my butt handed to me since I'm playing in 'No Hope' difficulty...) over the weekend.

As previously announced, the game comes with all previously released DLCs including character costumes, multiplayer modes, and extra maps. There is nothing else to purchase. It's all baked into the base game.

The less I say about the evil within, the better it is for everyone. Simply put I didn't like it.

Me neither. Some people complain about Resident Evil's story being convoluted, but The Evil Within's was 1000x worse.

Very pretty game, though, I'll give it that.

Couldn't say I was a big fan of the way the game felt, played out in the narrative, or of the post-game rewards. Nor of the disjointed style to the degree it was executed. That all said, I did enjoy it. It just wasn't as fleshed out and polished of a game that I expected.

From the other thread:

That's good, at least for those of us who are choosing the console versions.

joe2187

Banned
Yas, queen, yas!

I'm twerking right now.

3K4R6Kq.gif

Dusk Golem

Capcom have said multiple times that they have unannounced games for Resident Evil's 20th anniversary, and wbacon just reconfirmed it but also added there's other Resident Evil games coming out this year specifically they're more focused on marketing.

Resident Evil 7 is totally coming late 2016.

Jawmuncher

Capcom have said multiple times that they have unannounced games for Resident Evil's 20th anniversary, and wbacon just reconfirmed it but also added there's other Resident Evil games coming out this year specifically they're more focused on marketing.

I still don't think RE7 is a for sure thing this year. But it's announcement is.

Dusk Golem

I still don't think RE7 is a for sure thing this year. But it's announcement is.

It most certainly will be 2016/2017, but to see what comes of it.

However, the emphasis there are more Resident Evil games coming out this year and some that have their marketing attention more than the Resident Evil 4/5/6 remasters is exciting. Where we sit now, we still only know about those titles, and Umbrella Corps releasing in May. Umbrella Corps is getting marketing obviously, but that's an early in the year release, so it sounds like Capcom has at least one other game that's currently unannounced for release in 2016. Curious what it is?

Anyway, being me, to see if they do or don't announce anything tomorrow as it's 20th anniversary time.

Jawmuncher

Outbreak HD has been rumored, and I feel like that would be something worth marketing. Compared to 4,5,&6 which will sell themselves.

Umbrella Corps?
Revelations 1 HD Remaster ?
Mercenaries 3D HD ?
Mercenaries All-Star ?
RE5.5 - Jill and Wesker ?
RE 7?
Revelations 3?
Another spin off title?
Resident Evil fighting game, card game, mobile games?
RE Raid Mode stand alone with stages from 4 and 5?
Chris Redfield's Capture HD (nsfw) ?
Outbreak HD
Outbreak Relaunch

WAT IS IT

Dusk Golem

Outbreak HD has been rumored, and I feel like that would be something worth marketing. Compared to 4,5,&6 which will sell themselves.

Umbrella Corps?
Revelations 1 HD Remaster ?
Mercenaries 3D HD ?
Mercenaries All-Star ?
RE5.5 - Jill and Wesker ?
RE 7?
Revelations 3?
Another spin off title?
Resident Evil fighting game, card game, mobile games?
RE Raid Mode stand alone with stages from 4 and 5?
Chris Redfield's Capture HD (nsfw) ?
Outbreak HD
Outbreak Relaunch

WAT IS IT

I do think aside from what has been announced and RE7&REmake2. We're going to get a surprise port or new game.

I would be extremely happy if the Outbreak HD rumors ended up being true, I'll cross my fingers but will be a skeptic until we have more word (I've held off playing it to play online for years and have had difficulty getting the online with the fan servers to work with me, to have a modern updated version to look forward to would become one of my most anticipated games).

Anyway, it's obviously too soon for Revelations 3, there are other port possibilities, and there could be a new game. If the new game is Resident Evil 7, or some special game they've been working on for the series 20th anniversary, is to be seen.

Hope we get some word on things tomorrow, and I'll admit to being excited, but also if we get just small word or not much, it's understandable too.

Evolved1

A mercenaries game spanning the whole franchise would be quite the anniversary gift.
Yeah, I bet licensing would be a challenge though. And which game's mechanics would they use?

I'd want Mercs and Raid, tbh. Rev1 Raid design, RE6 mechanics.

I'll buy that at a high price.

Dusk Golem

A mercenaries game spanning the whole franchise would be quite the anniversary gift.

RECVX REmake.

I've been pushing for this ever since RE5.

Yeah, I bet licensing would be a challenge though. And which game's mechanics would they use?

I'd want Mercs and Raid, tbh. Rev1 Raid design, RE6 mechanics.

I'll buy that at a high price.

I think a Mercenaries/Raid type of game spanning the whole series legacy would be an exciting title for many fans, but to see if anything goes through. There would be a lot of questions, like which mechanic set would they use and the like, but it's one possibility I am sure most have thought to themselves at least once. Though I also have my doubts since I think that might be stepping on the toes a bit of Umbrella Corps, which isn't exactly what I want from that sort of game, but am giving a chance, but we do know features locations from the series past (specifically RE4 and RE5 right now).

I assume if they're going to announce anything on the series 20th anniversary, we'll probably know of it within the next 24 hours, so now to see if anything comes from it. I'm fairly certain we'll get some sort of press release, but less certain if we'll get any exciting news or not. Here's to being hopeful, though.

Evolved1

Are they having an anniversary celebration / conference like they did for Dragon Quest? (Even though that DQ conf was a total dud)

Dusk Golem

Actually, I just remembered/noticed that Capcom's Resident Evil 20th anniversary site does have the date March 22nd on it, wonder if the site at least will update with anything new tomorrow?

http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohazard20th/en/

Are they having an anniversary celebration / conference like they did for Dragon Quest? (Even though that DQ conf was a total dud)

No official word of such a thing, but they do have the above site, have said they plan to celebrate Resident Evil's 20th anniversary, and have said and reconfirmed they have unannounced Resident Evil games and projects they'll announce, and have clued in there's at least one unannounced RE game releasing this year (and more next year).

Dusk Golem

Also, I think we have our first bit of announced 20th anniversary Resident Evil merchandise.

Resident Evil Fragrance

re1.jpg

T-Virus perfume and a First Aid Spray body spray.

re2.jpg

Apparently going on sale in a Capcom cafe in Japan on March 25th (Japan time).

RSB

Banned
That would be cool. They could release the base game for 20 bucks, and then keep adding more stuff as DLC (characters, costumes, stages, etc) They could make it F2P even.

Man, I would love that art in high-res (and without that "20th anniversary" thing) to print it as a poster.

You can enable English subtitles there :p
Thank goodness I started to think I had taken crazy pills!

I sure hope that wasn't the only thing they had planned for the day. Wasn't even a particularly exciting interview.

Dusk Golem

Thank goodness I started to think I had taken crazy pills!

I sure hope that wasn't the only thing they had planned for the day. Wasn't even a particularly exciting interview.

To be seen, it is what it is if that's all. But given, it's like, 3 AM in my time zone (PST), so if they wanted to announce anything, it'd be more around 10 AM - 6 PMish, I feel. We might not get anything, or maybe we will.

Golnei

For Chris, his appearances in RE5, RE6, Lost in Nightmares and Revelations are all okay. It's just the original and any which iterate heavily on it that I dislike - it's among the most bland and forgettable designs in the series. He was already the least interesting of the bunch in RE1 itself, visually; comparing his RE1/Remake look to later games only makes things worse.

For Chris, his appearances in RE5, RE6, Lost in Nightmares and Revelations are all okay. It's just the original and any which iterate heavily on it that I dislike - it's among the most bland and forgettable designs in the series. He was already the least interesting of the bunch in RE1 itself, visually; comparing his RE1/Remake look to later games only makes things worse.
I'm not even trolling, Remake Chris is by far my favourite. Surely I can't be alone in feeling that way?

Jawmuncher

In terms of design Chris design REmake fans aren't very much. A lot of time people say they like REmake Chris just because they prefer the REmake style of gameplay.

Chris's popularity didn't happen until his redesign and RE5.

There's a reason a lot of people don't really bring up the Chris appearances before then. The common consensus is that Chris was just really bland until RE5, and I have to agree. This coming from him being my favorite character in the series.

Top Bottom