• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

I jumped back into RE6 and after Rev2 I'm really missing the dodge mechanic and hot-swapping of characters. Had that down to a science and now I'm pressing B and Y and nothing happens :(

Also bought The Struggle because I needed more Moira and it's an all right little bonus episode. The dialogue is great.

I know I said it before but whoever was in charge of localizing the character banter deserves a medal.

Mr_Zombie

I dunno, I thought Revelation 2's gameplay was fine. I really don't see what was wrong with it. I liked the take on co-op it did as well.

I haven't played the game in a while, so my memory of it might be muddled now, but from what I remember things that annoyed me the most were stiff animations (especially after coming from RE6, where everything was snappy) and enemies' hit reaction not being right; Afflicted just weren't as reactive (is this even a good word?) as Majini, Gonados or J'avos (or zombies) from RE6.

The gameplay wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the one from RE4, 5 and 6.

Most of RE4 on PS2 was pre-rendered cutscenes. :p

The co-op in Rev 2 was hit and miss, Moira was ok though not great, but Natalia was just dogshit. I've played through the entire game splitscreen, alternating primary/secondary characters with my partner, Natalia just doesn't get to do much, point at enemies, tank them a bit abusing her regenerating health and occasionally find a brick and throw it. It is really boring. Moira at least could whack things with the crowbar endlessly, use bottles, blind enemies and do finishers.

Was an interesting idea and giving different characters different abilities is cool, but they really need make all characters near equally combat effective.

As for combat, aside from what is said above about not getting much feedback from shooting them, I found it all too scripted which on repeat playthroughs just makes it all predictable and boring. You can replay RE4/5/6 and places like village/public assembly etc feel fresh every time because enemies comes so thick and fast from all over the place. Rev 2 you get a few trotting back and forth on set paths until you kill them and always in a very limited number.

I think REV2 works better as a single player game unless you only play as the character with the gun. Swapping between the characters on the fly in single player to set up combos with Moira's flashlight or frantically spot weak points on enemies with Natalia was a cool expansion of the kind of single player "coop" experience that RE0 provided.

RSB

Banned
The gameplay wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the one from RE4, 5 and 6.
Basically. It was better than Rev1, but not as good as any of the other action RE.

BTW, I've been playing RE5 these past couple days (on Xbox One) and is it just me or is the knife glitched? I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this on the 360. The hitbox is wonky as fuck (very obvious when breaking boxes)

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Oh, good. They dragged their feet getting RE5 added to the store

This is basically going to be RTTP: The Game

Should be fun!

So I finished Chris' campaign and... I don't know, was I just playing it wrong? Chapter 3 was better than 1 and 2 which gave me hope, but 4 went right back to being shit. Snipers are on the other side of the map taking shots at you, enemies still generally have machine guns, you now have enemies which explode upon dying with the splash damage making me not melee them, and the new "elite" enemies are fucking bullet sponges who waste clip after clip of ammo on top of wasting so much of my health items because of all the damage I was taking. It also seems like Chris recovers stamina much slower than Leon/Helena/Sherry/Jake/Ada, though that might be an illusion since I'm more impatient with downtime due to all the long range attacks. And because of all that, I'm not playing the most fun way which is unleashing the zombie wrestler/gymnast, I'm playing it more like a traditional 3rd person shooter. Chris and Pier's campaign is like an amalgamation of all the contentious elements from Leon/Helena and Sherry/Jake into a single, really shitty campaign. At least the cheese from the story was awesome and the Chris and Piers ending was like "Aw shit man, why are you pulling my heart strings Capcom". Pure B-movie tier melodrama, but damn if it wasn't effective. That's what RE 6's story is in a nutshell: A great big hunk of cheese that takes itself entirely too seriously for it's level of execution, but damn is it fun.

I'll do a Community side LTTP post after I finish Ada's campaign (gaming side already has like 3 or 4 RE 6 related threads as it is), but for now it's looking like:

Leon/Helena: 8.3/10

Sherry/Jake: 7/10

Chris/Piers: 5.5/10 (would have been much lower without all the magnificent cheese of the story)

It's not that people dislike her, it's rather that the plot doesn't give her enough reason to even be there. Yes, she's partially responsible for the outbreak and she has some backstory but... that's it. That's her whole story. For two chapters her whole shtick is "I can't tell you right now, we have to get to the cathedral", that later changes to "I can't tell you right now, we have to take Debrah out of here". From chapter 3 and on, she's just there as a co-op partner: she has no connection to any other character in the game, her character doesn't develop, and there's no real conclusion to her story. Sheva in RE5 was in similar position, but at least that game needed her for the whole "partner" theme to work.

However, Helena's design and moveset is superb. :)

Admittedly, she did have little to do near the end (Leon and Helena's campaign is kind in it's own corner for 3 chapters while Chris/Sherry/Jake/Piers/Ada are all much more tightly woven). However, she does tie into the overall theme of taking responsibility and redemption.

Mr_Zombie

It also seems like Chris recovers stamina much slower than Leon/Helena/Sherry/Jake/Ada, though that might be an illusion since I'm more impatient with downtime due to all the long range attacks.

No, the stamin recovery time is equal for all characters. I know it's too late for that now but did you know that your stamina recovers much (much) faster when you take cover or lie on your back? Also, taking a pill (or using FAS) recovers all your stamina instantly. And last, there's a skill named "Combat Gauge Boost" that, depending on level, adds 3 (lvl1) or 5 (lvl2) stamina bars.

Admittedly, she did have little to do near the end (Leon and Helena's campaign is kind in it's own corner for 3 chapters while Chris/Sherry/Jake/Piers/Ada are all much more tightly woven). However, she does tie into the overall theme of taking responsibility and redemption.

Yeah, there's the ending movie where her arc is wrapped up. But still, for 3 chapters she basically does nothing important. Leon at least has his little drama with Ada, Helena's whole role ended with Deborah's death.

No, the stamin recovery time is equal for all characters. I know it's too late for that now but did you know that your stamina recovers much (much) faster when you take cover or lie on your back? Also, taking a pill (or using FAS) recovers all your stamina instantly. And last, there's a skill named "Combat Gauge Boost" that, depending on level, adds 3 (lvl1) or 5 (lvl2) stamina bars.

Damn, the combat boost sounds awesome! Thanks for the info! After a little time away, I'll try Chris' Chapter 3 and 4 again, but I have no desire to replay 1 or 2.

Yeah, there's the ending movie where her arc is wrapped up. But still, for 3 chapters she basically does nothing important. Leon at least has his little drama with Ada, Helena's whole role ended with Deborah's death.

True, but Helena is the ideal partner for Leon, though! She totally gets the man will be chasing after Ada until he is old and grey. I'm imagining RE 10 where Leon is 60+ and still waiting on Ada.

About RE 7: I really hope they find a way to incorporate The Mercenaries mode. If Leon/Helena is an 8.3, The Mercenaries is a 9.5 simply for allowing the combat system to shine without any bullshit. The only issues I have with it is that you can't customize load outs and you only have three maps as a default.

JayEH

About RE 7: I really hope they find a way to incorporate The Mercenaries mode. If Leon/Helena is an 8.3, The Mercenaries is a 9.5 simply for allowing the combat system to shine without any bullshit. The only issues I have with it is that you can't customize load outs and you only have three maps as a default.

I'd love for it to happen but there's no way. Better chance of Remake 2 having mercenaries imo.

TreIII

I'd love for it to happen but there's no way. Better chance of Remake 2 having mercenaries imo.

I'd like to think a more "4th Survivor" styled Mercenaries could find a way into RE7. Or at least, assuming the combat is good enough to keep things interesting.

I'd like to think a more "4th Survivor" styled Mercenaries could find a way into RE7. Or at least, assuming the combat is good enough to keep things interesting.

Depends on how seriously they are taking the "Survival Horror". I can't think of a single FPS survival horror game that could support a mode like Mercenaries. They say there will be combat, but Alien Isolation has combat. Doesn't mean Isolation could support Mercenaries.

Edit: I'm sure I'm worrying too much.

lilty

To be honest the fun bonuses that the series has always had is something I'm worried about in RE7. Things like infinite ammo weapons, bonus modes, special costumes etc. I'm not really sure how they can implement these features into 7 with the current direction it's going in. I'd love them to prove me wrong but we still don't know a lot about the gameplay at all.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I mean, every main RE game outside of the original release of RE1 has had bonus modes, and even RE1 got bonus modes from the Director's Cut version onwards.

I think Capcom is 100% aware what bonus modes and unlockables mean to the series, and sure they'll be in RE7. In what form? No idea! Though do keep in mind we do already know RE7 has an unlock able hardest difficulty those who pre-order get from the start (so might change the game drastically some?), and confirmed DLC that comes with the Deluxe Edition including four short stories and an extra story chapter,so there's that we know about as outside stuff, and I'll bet RE7 has some extra mode, weapons, and other stuff.

Jawmuncher

I fully guarantee that the RE7 bonus mode won't stand the test of time like Mercenaries has. I mean true we haven't gotten much gameplay yet. But I just don't see it .

kamineko

no mercenaries?
JuLlso.gif

Maybe a standalone release? They know fans are into it

Zambatoh

I fully guarantee that the RE7 bonus mode won't stand the test of time like Mercenaries has. I mean true we haven't gotten much gameplay yet. But I just don't see it .

The first three had their own battle modes in certain versions. I don't see why RE7 couldn't have one of it's own. We know it has a combat system.

TreIII

I mean, every main RE game outside of the original release of RE1 has had bonus modes, and even RE1 got bonus modes from the Director's Cut version onwards.

I think Capcom is 100% aware what bonus modes and unlockables mean to the series, and sure they'll be in RE7. In what form? No idea! Though do keep in mind we do already know RE7 has an unlock able hardest difficulty those who pre-order get from the start (so might change the game drastically some?), and confirmed DLC that comes with the Deluxe Edition including four short stories and an extra story chapter,so there's that we know about as outside stuff, and I'll bet RE7 has some extra mode, weapons, and other stuff.

Yeah, this is pretty much where I am, as well.

If anything, the main thing that concerns me is that with DLC already being confirmed as part of preorder incentives (with likely retail incentives to come on top of that), it just gives me pause on just how much Capcom will try to nickle and dime for content that would have been unlockable, before.

Even one of these supposed "short story chapters" may end up being some type of "4th Survivor" mode of play in disguise, for all I know, and that would just make me shake my head.

Jawmuncher

The first three had their own battle modes in certain versions. I don't see why RE7 couldn't have one of it's own. We know it has a combat system.

I'm sure it'll have something, just I don't see it being anything on that scale. Disregarding the shift in game styles, the earlier battle modes are nothing more than nice distractions.

Zambatoh

I'm sure it'll have something, just I don't see it being anything on that scale. Disregarding the shift in game styles, the earlier battle modes are nothing more than nice distractions.

...And the later battle modes are not? The later games are really not much different aside from the addition of Co-op.

Jawmuncher

...And the later battle modes are not? The later games are really not much different aside from the addition of Co-op.

The Mercenaries modes stand on their own quite well. Aside from needing to be unlocked in 4 & 5. There's been numerous people on these forums that ended up just getting RE6 for mercs. It's even had its own stand alone game, even if on 3DS.

Zambatoh

Be that as it may, they are still "nice distractions" as you put it. As that is how I usually treat them. Even in RE6, I spent the majority of my time in the Story Mode and only spent a fraction of that time in Mercs.

Be that as it may, they are still "nice distractions" as you put it. As that is how I usually treat them. Even in RE6, I spent the majority of my time in the Story Mode and only spent a fraction of that time in Mercs.

"Nice distractions" undersells them, I think. It's like Bloody Palace in Devil May Cry, Lost Verse in Bayonetta, Survival Mode in Left 4 Dead, Time Trails in Mirror's Edge, etc. When you have a great combat system, unique gameplay, or what have you these modes can add hours and hours of play. The amount of time I spent in Bloody Palace in DMC 4 far exceeds a "nice distraction" since I've spent dozens and dozens of hours in it. Same goes for RE 6: I haven't even touched Ada's campaign yet. I've spent hours in Mercenaries figuring out enemy placements, how to deal with each wave as they come along, learning strategies to last longer each time (save the damage dealing stuff for the later enemies, unleash the wrestler on weak zombies, learn how to counter on the fly, manipulate the placement of enemies to hit them with grenades, etc). There are some weapons that I hated until I learned how to utilize them better because of Mercenaries (I love the Hydra and Combat Knife now).

While not a deal breaker, It'd be a shame if this was lost.

The 4th Survivor, To-Fu, Leech Hunter - those modes might be called a nice distraction, since your average gamer play it a couple of times until he/she finish them, earn stuff for the main game and that's it. Unless you're the type of gamer that do speedruns there's no reason to repeat them. Mercenaries or Raid are a different story. Right now, out of over 200 hours I've spent in RE6, majority of that time I've spent playing the Mercenaries mode. Same with Rev2 - I've played the game for about 70 hours, and finished the main campaign just once; the rest was spent on the Raid mode. Both of those modes modes are huge.

Ha, that sounds like my experience with Revelations 1. I completed it twice, but spent 25 hours in Raid mode.

Mr_Zombie

The 4th Survivor, To-Fu, Leech Hunter - those modes might be called a nice distraction, since your average gamer play it a couple of times until he/she finish them, earn stuff for the main game and that's it. Unless you're the type of gamer that do speedruns there's no reason to repeat them. Mercenaries or Raid are a different story. Right now, out of over 200 hours I've spent in RE6, majority of that time I've spent playing the Mercenaries mode. Same with Rev2 - I've played the game for about 70 hours, and finished the main campaign just once; the rest was spent on the Raid mode. Both of those modes modes are huge.

As I mull over how I feel about RE 6 as a whole, I booted up RE 5.

Holy shit, the game design philosophy behind the two are from entirely different books. Playing RE 5, I'm very much reminded of RE 4. Chris is much more tankish than his RE 6 counterpart, melee isn't as much insta-win, ammo is much more scarce, inventory management is a much bigger part of the game (the only "inventory management" I did in RE 6 was dropping one type of bullets for another because I got so much ammo), the knife works much more like it's RE 4 counterpart than RE 6, Chris has two modes of movement (a light jog and a very slow walk), and the tougher enemies are not to be fucked with (Guy in 1-1 with the large spike nearly insta-killed me with a single hit). Even normal zombies give me a sense of dread that was never present in RE 6. Getting surrounded is a death sentence due to the much lower mobility. Even on the lower difficulties the enemies present much more of a danger than RE 6's did at equivalent difficulties.

I'm not going to suddenly take back my score of 8.3/10 for Leon/Helena and so on, but I had completely forgotten just how much of a departure RE 6 felt like from RE 4/5 in terms of mobility and feel. I'm still early on in the game (on 1-3), but RE 6 is full on action horror while RE 5 still has remnants of survival horror.

Edit: Biggest downside is that Sheva's AI seems dumb as a brick and will keep shooting me in the back in enclosed spaces if Chris is in front of her.

JayEH

I agree that Mercs is more than just a distraction. There is a reason it was in 4 straight numbered game. People liked it and they kept on bringing it back and improving it.

Also since the series is """going back back to its root""" do you think we'll see a return of a RE1 campaign structure with two characters.

I agree that Mercs is more than just a distraction. There is a reason it was in 4 straight numbered game. People liked it and they kept on bringing it back and improving it.

Also since the series is """going back back to its root""" do you think we'll see a return of a RE1 campaign structure with two characters.

RE 3 is really the only game where you only play as a single character. RE 1 and 2 had two or three separate campaigns while Sheva apparently can be played after you beat the game and there is also Ada's part in RE 4. Mercenaries in 4 and 5 also greatly expanded the roster and RE 6 had seven playable characters (eight if you count Carla in Mercenaries). Hell, Revelations had four in the main campaign (10 counting Mercenaries) and so did Revelations 2 (15 counting Mercenaries).

Honestly, if RE 7 only has a single playable character in the campaign and lacks Mercenaries, it'll be an outlier.

Davilmar

RE 3 is really the only game where you only play as a single character. RE 1 and 2 had two or three separate campaigns while Sheva apparently can be played after you beat the game and there is also Ada's part in RE 4. Mercenaries in 4 and 5 also greatly expanded the roster and RE 6 had seven playable characters (eight if you count Carla in Mercenaries). Hell, Revelations had four in the main campaign (10 counting Mercenaries) and so did Revelations 2 (15 counting Mercenaries).

Honestly, if RE 7 only has a single playable character in the campaign and lacks Mercenaries, it'll be an outlier.

Having a single playable character will be a godsend. I have been constantly annoyed by so many of my favorite game series shoving in co-op. Having a constant companion with often wonky AI not only kills the tension of the horror by its very existence, but I miss having a singular experience. Something that as much as I am not fond of RE3, I still love the older games for having large campaigns with singular characters.

JayEH

Having a single playable character will be a godsend. I have been constantly annoyed by so many of my favorite game series shoving in co-op. Having a constant companion with often wonky AI not only kills the tension of the horror by its very existence, but I miss having a singular experience. Something that as much as I am not fond of RE3, I still love the older games for having large campaigns with singular characters.

what we we were meaning with multiple characters is like RE1 where you can play the campaign as Jill or Chris. 7 won't have co op.

Hmm yeah I guess you're right, though I wouldn't really count RE5 with Sheva since it's the same campaign. I was wondering though if they would do exactly like RE1 where you can play the campaign with a different character ala Jill or Chris. I really like that approach since it encourages at least one replay and you get slightly new content.

what we we were meaning with multiple characters is like RE1 where you can play the campaign as Jill or Chris. 7 won't have co op.

Hmm yeah I guess you're right, though I wouldn't really count RE5 with Sheva since it's the same campaign. I was wondering though if they would do exactly like RE1 where you can play the campaign with a different character ala Jill or Chris. I really like that approach since it encourages at least one replay and you get slightly new content.

Ah, I gotcha.

Dusk Golem

I think RE7 may only have one character... BUUUT I think we'll be playing through other characters perspectives ala similar to the VHS tape in the demo. Though if there is another character, in one shot of the RE7 E3 presentation when they're flashing a lot of shit, one scene we see someone climbing on-top of something, and they are 100% black, while the other shots is someone white, so either suggesting that we have the multiple character perspective thing from the demo or some form of multiple characters in some measure.

But we won't know until we know.

Mr_Zombie

Chris is much more tankish than his RE 6 counterpart, melee isn't as much insta-win, ammo is much more scarce, inventory management is a much bigger part of the game (the only "inventory management" I did in RE 6 was dropping one type of bullets for another because I got so much ammo), the knife works much more like it's RE 4 counterpart than RE 6, Chris has two modes of movement (a light jog and a very slow walk), and the tougher enemies are not to be fucked with (Guy in 1-1 with the large spike nearly insta-killed me with a single hit).

That's what got me when I came back to RE5 after playing RE6 for so long. That falcon-punching enemies in Mercenaries doesn't always kill them was such a huge surprise to me. :D

Jawmuncher

I just hope the character cast will be diverse to fit in with the RE staples. Spooky crew was interesting but obviously they wouldn't fit with a lot of the characters we have seen up to this point. There was a image which was a collage of the majority of characters and imagining at the moment the characters we know so far from the beginning hour would be odd to look at there.

Mr_Zombie

That too. Capcom can design interesting looking "plain people" - just look at Outbreak series. But guys from the VHS were too plain looking. They were like those NPCs you meet in Leon's scenario in RE6, those who die few minutes after you meet them.

kamineko

There's just a lot we don't know, since Capcom has stated they want the game to be a suprise.

I hope we get interesting characters, too. I also hope we don't lose all sense of MC(s) personality due to never seeing them in gameplay.

I get the impression (from the limited interviews we've seen) that Capcom has given this some thought, though, so I'm assuming the best for now

EDIT:
When is everyone expecting to see more of RE7? TGS?

Dusk Golem

There's just a lot we don't know, since Capcom has stated they want the game to be a suprise.

I hope we get interesting characters, too. I also hope we don't lose all sense of MC(s) personality due to never seeing them in gameplay.

I get the impression (from the limited interviews we've seen) that Capcom has given this some thought, though, so I'm assuming the best for now

EDIT:
When is everyone expecting to see more of RE7? TGS?

TGS definitely has to have something

Resident Evil usually has a TGS pressence, Resident Evil is one of the few franchises that has a pretty good presence in both America and Japan. I expect the third CG movie will debut there for one.

But with this, Capcom teased a with the dummy finger answer image for the ambassador program a calender showing September, hints another demo was underway, and TGS is in September. Don't think that's coincidential. So I suspect we'll get another trailer with mostly footage from the new demo and a second demo released (and maybe other platforms will get demo 1?).

I think most of the marketing of RE7 will mainly be stuff related to these demos, which is an interesting strategy. Maybe some more regular game stuff in January but being more selective in what they show.

As I am getting use to RE 5's control set up, it's getting a bit easier. I was trying to play it like RE 6 for a while and I would end up having both Chris and Sheva limping by the midpoint of a chapter section.

On thing I have to ask though: Did Capcom just not play test Sheva's AI? She will literally stand behind Chris and unload an entire fucking clip in his back, reload, and continue doing it. She wastes so many fucking bullets. She will also waste bullets against enemies with clearly defined win states like the tentacle monster in 1-2 where you have to blow it up twice with the tanks and then boil it. Overall the campaign is much smoother than RE6's so far except for this glaring issue.

kamineko

As I am getting use to RE 5's control set up, it's getting a bit easier. I was trying to play it like RE 6 for a while and I would end up having both Chris and Sheva limping by the midpoint of a chapter section.

On thing I have to ask though: Did Capcom just not play test Sheva's AI? She will literally stand behind Chris and unload an entire fucking clip in his back, reload, and continue doing it. She wastes so many fucking bullets. She will also waste bullets against enemies with clearly defined win states like the tentacle monster in 1-2 where you have to blow it up twice with the tanks and then boil it.

I think AI's usefulness varies greatly depending on difficulty level. On normal I think she mostly does great with a rifle. On pro mode, however, the game is close to broken in many places if you are playing solo. AI will just stand around in front of mounted gun fire, AI has no apparent urgency in healing you, AI is frequently suicidal. The temple encounter is basically a metagame where your actual goal is keeping your partner alive. You are literally fighting the AI

You actually can shoot the Ouroboros to death and get a treasure (it's no Heart of Africa, value-wise, but still)--a good reason to put her on the lever instead of doing it yourself.

But yeah, making an AI core to basic gameplay was a bold move--I don't think Capcom meets the challenge

I think AI's usefulness varies greatly depending on difficulty level. On normal I think she mostly does great with a rifle. On pro mode, however, the game is close to broken in many places if you are playing solo. AI will just stand around in front of mounted gun fire, AI has no apparent urgency in healing you, AI is frequently suicidal. The temple encounter is basically a metagame where your actual goal is keeping your partner alive. You are literally fighting the AI

You actually can shoot the Ouroboros to death and get a treasure (it's no Heart of Africa, value-wise, but still)--a good reason to put her on the lever instead of doing it yourself.

But yeah, making an AI core to basic gameplay was a bold move--I don't think Capcom meets the challenge

Like, the AI is RE 6 isn't exactly brilliant (though it's mostly competent on Normal), but I don't have to micromanage their inventory space, ammo, and health. The fact I have to do that just highlights how bad it is.

Like, the AI is RE 6 isn't exactly brilliant (though it's mostly competent on Normal), but I don't have to micromanage their inventory space, ammo, and health. The fact I have to do that just highlights how bad it is.

RE6 co-op sucked because all that was missing. No sharing of anything. Even drops were unique to each player.

Even RE3 has the pretty substantial part where you play as Carlos (much longer than the guest-character segments in RE1/2).

So I just got through 2-2 and... what the fuck happened with Resident Evil 6? I was convinced going into RE 5 that I would see the beginnings of what came into RE 6's Chris/Piers campaign and some of the more bullshit elements in Leon/Helena and Sherry/Jake.

There isn't. There is nothing as shitty as the prologue (which is still one of the worst openings to a game I've ever seen), there are no forced "walk and talk" sections, the cutscenes are much shorter but convey just as much information about the situation (and in general seem better directed), the pacing is all around better and nothing seems to drag on and on, there are no shootbang elements as of yet, inventory management is actually a thing, and there are so much fewer QTE sections. And it's not like RE 5 was hated in general. 86/100 is pretty damn good and the sales legs have proved that it had staying power. Sure it's not as good as what I've played of RE 4 (never got past chapter 3 when I had it, want to rectify that this year), but adding the bullshit elements in RE 6 and going RE 6 Chris route was not the answer.

Like I said, I'm not taking back my scores, but if I had done a full run through of RE 4 and 5 beforehand... I'd have dropped the scores I gave by a point to a point and a half. RE 6 just seems like a fucking mess in comparison. I love the gameplay but holy shit the campaign design pales in comparison to previous entries.

RE6 co-op sucked because all that was missing. No sharing of anything. Even drops were unique to each player.

Maybe when you are playing with another person. AI Sheva wasted 80 fucking machine gun bullets, half of them hitting me.

Top Bottom