• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

joe2187

Banned
Mercs 3D Super Arcade Hyper HD Remix.

- Maps spanning across all games, RE1,2,3,4,5,6,CVX,Rev1,Rev2
- 2 gameplay modes: Classic style RE5 controls and playstyle and Action RE6 style controls and playstyle.
- Characters from all RE Games
- Unlockable costumes and original costumes
- customizable weapons
- Sailor Chris Redfield is mandatory.

TreIII

- 2 gameplay modes: Classic style RE5 controls and playstyle and Action RE6 style controls and playstyle.
- customizable weapons

I'm throwing my money at the screen and nothing is happening.

Pretty much the only other thing I could imagine making this kind of package deal sweeter is if the third mode of play was a Raid mode.

Jawmuncher

- customizable weapons

I'm throwing my money at the screen and nothing is happening.

Pretty much the only other thing I could imagine making this kind of package deal sweeter is if the third mode of play was a Raid mode.

Having both Raid and Mercs in one game would instantly make a game you could easily put 1000s of hours in.

I do think that the hardest thing would be having both RE5 and RE6 gameplay styles in one game. Though I don't think it would be impossible. Would kind of mean ever character would either have different moves depending on styles or damage would be changed. Since enemies would need to change as well. You don't want bloodshot in a mode you don't counter.

TreIII

Having both Raid and Mercs in one game would instantly make a game you could easily put 1000s of hours in.

I do think that the hardest thing would be having both RE5 and RE6 gameplay styles in one game. Though I don't think it would be impossible. Would kind of mean ever character would either have different moves depending on styles or damage would be changed. Since enemies would need to change as well. You don't want bloodshot in a mode you don't counter.

My ideal would be to just go all borderline Mugen/Hyper Street Fighter 2 with it. Characters that have multiple versions will have those versions represented in game, and play reasonably verbatim to those versions with that system's perks intact, selectable via a "groove" like system when you chose that character.

I'd just like to see how well would RE4!Hunk's moveset hold up against 5 and 6's enemies.

joe2187

Banned

Yeah. The level of tuning would be difficult. Of course you could just have RE5 mode Mercs with new maps like 3D and then just have an expanded more "streamlined" RE6 mercs with classic maps characters.

The 10 different MP modes in RE6 really hurts the game and some of the modes were just plain not fun.

Jawmuncher

Yeah. The level of tuning would be difficult. Of course you could just have RE5 mode Mercs with new maps like 3D and then just have an expanded more "streamlined" RE6 mercs with classic maps characters.

The 10 different MP modes in RE6 really hurts the game and some of the modes were just plain not fun.

The MP modes for RE6 are a good point. All that dev time would have been better suited for more characters and maps. Really the only mode anyone really liked was onslaught.

Jawmuncher

Some supposed leaks. Interesting, but dunno if I buy them. Always a possibility, but I won't take anything here as 100%. Still interesting talking topics from both.

Supposed Mia leaked
i438t5oeeujxldjk8.jpg

Then
Resident Evil 7 NEW LEAK - HUGE SPOILERS Plot Details, Gameplay Mechanics, UNSEEN INFO
- Watched the video, if anything is real there's not much that will ruin the game imo. There isn't like huge plot reveals or the endings in there. More just some story tidbits, and gameplay systemts.
These stuck out to me the most but there is more
Morality Choices & Multiple Endings,

Jake2by4

Some supposed leaks. Interesting, but dunno if I buy them. Always a possibility, but I won't take anything here as 100%. Still interesting talking topics from both.

Supposed Mia leaked

Then
Resident Evil 7 NEW LEAK - HUGE SPOILERS Plot Details, Gameplay Mechanics, UNSEEN INFO
- Watched the video, if anything is real there's not much that will ruin the game imo. There isn't like huge plot reveals or the endings in there. More just some story tidbits, and gameplay systemts.

If the last is true no thanks

joe2187

Banned
Revelations 2 has those endings as well...to it's detriment.

It got reviewed unfavorably because alot of the reviewers didn't even know there was a good ending.

As far as different endings in RE7 game, I dont mind as long as it's handled well. The first hour demo was fun to backtrack through and see the differences your actions made.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Different endings are already basically confirmed. The director said in an interview it's possible to beat the game and 'not get all the answers,' which definitely implied there was multiple endings.

One of my favorite tidbits of the rumor I hope is true is the behemoth underwater monster in RE7. Though I've had my suspicions that mutated creatures are going to be in RE7. There's no way they won't be, but that's what the rumor says.

We apparently have a big RE7 showcase at TGS though, so we're close to more news.

strafer

Supposed Mia leaked

Then

Uh, she kinda creeps me out.

JayEH

Multiple endings is fine especially if they're trying to emulate RE1. Though I do hope it's like RE1 where it isn't some binary choice like Rev 2 was. The morality system though...wut? There is no need for morality when killing zombies.

TreIII

Now, this is something I'd like to see again.

I mean, it'd be a pretty sorry attempt at a horror game, if there wasn't at least a few
bad endings here and there where you can't everyone and they end up being zombie chow, you having to kill them yourself after they turned or worse.

TGS' little stage event can't come soon enough~

Jawmuncher

Multiple endings is fine especially if they're trying to emulate RE1. Though I do hope it's like RE1 where it isn't some binary choice like Rev 2 was. The morality system though...wut? There is no need for morality when killing zombies.

I feel the morality system is probably poorly worded. For example having someone live or die in a VHS tape could be seen as a morale choice. I could see this being the sort of thing that is actually happening. Doubt it's gonna be clear cut (like a mass effect choice), BUT I do think they'll make the fact that there are multiple events and endings more obvious compared to Revelations 2.

Different endings are already basically confirmed. The director said in an interview it's possible to beat the game and 'not get all the answers,' which definitely implied there was multiple endings.

One of my favorite tidbits of the rumor I hope is true is the behemoth underwater monster in RE7. Though I've had my suspicions that mutated creatures are going to be in RE7. There's no way they won't be, but that's what the rumor says.

We apparently have a big RE7 showcase at TGS though, so we're close to more news.

The rumors say what? That there's no other mutated creatures besides the sea beast thing? There's no way.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The rumors say what? That there's no other mutated creatures besides the sea beast thing? There's no way.

What? No, not that at all. XD; I just meant that sounds interesting to me. Resident Evil has mutated monsters, it's a big part of the series and I am pretty sure Capcom knows that.

kogasu

Interesting info on RE7! I gotta say, hearing this rumor about mutated creatures that are bosses according to the vid, makes me excite hah! I definitely hope that's all in there.

Question: Is RE2 still worth it to play today or should I just wait for the remake? How does the game hold up? Thing is, I don't know how different the remake will be from the original version so I kind of want to experience how it was originally first.

I really liked REmake, for what it's worth (since I know classic style RE is kind of an acquired taste).

Golnei

I played RE2 for the first time coming off REmake, and found that it absolutely held up. It's a very different type of experience despite the superficial similarities - faster-paced, more action-heavy and with a less overtly tense and horror-focused atmosphere; but still very enjoyable as long as you don't expect another REmake. I'd definitely recommend playing it before the remake.

Jawmuncher

Yeah about the only thing that doesnt hold up in RE2make is the backgrounds if you stretch them out. Playing on a Vita, CRT, or a small PC window helps that though. Even if that's not possible it's not a big issue playing it on ps3. They arent that bad.

As low-res as the backgrounds may be in RE2, it still amazes me that Capcom was able to compress what was originally a CD-ROM-based game all onto a N64 cart.

Jawmuncher

028d3ddcf02bc4ee2b0b22dfcdd0c7d0.jpg

Starting next week, we’ll be kicking off our Resident Evil 20th Anniversary Tour in San Francisco, California before it hits the road with stops across the country. Come join us to celebrate the Resident Evil franchise and get a peek at what the future of the series has in store with a scream-inducing Resident Evil 7 demo, playable in VR! This will be the first chance for fans in North America to play the new super special, super scary RE7 “Lantern” demo utilizing PlayStation VR, so if you’re in San Francisco on September 15, swing by The Yard (located right by Giants stadium and the Capcom USA offices). We’ve got more info right after the jump!

The series’ most recent numbered entries, Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6, were released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One over the past few months, and they’re all available now as both physical discs and digital downloads. We’ll also have them playable as part of the tour, with challenges spanning all three games and a chance to win some great prizes for those who succeed! In addition, we’ll have some cool swag on sale, too, including t-shirts, hoodies, and other goodies, such as a plush toy version of the infamous Licker enemy from RE2, complete with extra-long tongue. If you’re in the San Francisco area on the 15th, be sure to come by between 11am to 3pm and check it out! After that, the truck will be making its way across the country. We'll have more info on tour stops soon!

Can’t attend? Be sure to pre-order Resident Evil 7 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC to make sure you get your hands on it as soon as it’s released on January 24, 2017.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/...-us-tour-kicks-off-next-week-in-san-francisco

Watched the leak video and... I don't know. It sounds like such a revamp that I'm gonna have to get it in my hands to see. This revamp goes far beyond what RE 4 did.
First person perspective, morality system, dialogue options, multiple endings, VHS segments, mostly close quarters combat weapons, few cutscenes, only references to the old protagonists
I really hope TGS knocks it out of the park because I am super divided on this game.

JayEH

Watched the leak video and... I don't know. It sounds like such a revamp that I'm gonna have to get it in my hands to see. This revamp goes far beyond what RE 4 did.
First person perspective, morality system, dialogue options, multiple endings, VHS segments, mostly close quarters combat weapons, few cutscenes, only references to the old protagonists
I really hope TGS knocks it out of the part because I am super divided on this game.

If they don't show what the game "really is" during TGS I'm just going to assume they know most people won't like the new direction and are trying to hide it from everyone.

I'll be severely disappointed if the majority of weapons in RE7 is melee based. I don't mind some melee weapons, but most of them turns me off.

Anyway, so, doing a Pro run on RE4, and I really don't remember Krauser being so dammed hard for me back in the day. I've died about 30 times now fighting him, getting pretty tired of it, to be honest. Shooting his legs seems a lot less effective than on Normal. One thing I do remember not caring much for in Pro is how, once you get to the Island, you essentially die in one or two hits from everything. I know some people get off on stuff like that, but I really find it annoying more than challenging. I would rather fight more enemies, or stronger enemies at earlier times, that take more damage than everything turning into a one or two shot kill.

Jawmuncher

I really hope TGS knocks it out of the park because I am super divided on this game.

As was said above a lot of the stuff depending on how it was can still be tied to earlier games.
RE1 and RE3 had choices you could make, REmake had multiple endings, and for references on old characters. I bank on us seeing them in the flesh. Even RE4 for being a soft reboot still had the cast in there while still pushing the new characters. This not being a reboot to me speaks volumes.

I'll be severely disappointed if the majority of weapons in RE7 is melee based. I don't mind some melee weapons, but most of them turns me off.

Anyway, so, doing a Pro run on RE4, and I really don't remember Krauser being so dammed hard for me back in the day. I've died about 30 times now fighting him, getting pretty tired of it, to be honest. Shooting his legs seems a lot less effective than on Normal. One thing I do remember not caring much for in Pro is how, once you get to the Island, you essentially die in one or two hits from everything. I know some people get off on stuff like that, but I really find it annoying more than challenging. I would rather fight more enemies, or stronger enemies at earlier times, that take more damage than everything turning into a one or two shot kill.

Having more melee makes sense, but I reckon due to the setting. It'll be a sort of progression. Like dusk golem mentioned awhile back, if fights are too be more tense. Would make sense to start with a knife, axe, etc, before you finally get to the guns. So long as it's not like you finally get a gun for the last 10 minutes. Or everytime you get a gun it suddently breaks or gets lost after awhile.

just run up and knife him in the face. you can stun lock him that way.

Wait, really?

Having more melee makes sense, but I reckon due to the setting. It'll be a sort of progression. Like dusk golem mentioned awhile back, if fights are too be more tense. Would make sense to start with a knife, axe, etc, before you finally get to the guns. So long as it's not like you finally get a gun for the last 10 minutes. Or everytime you get a gun it suddently breaks or gets lost after awhile.

I would rather there be a balance

Yeah, Krauser is super-weak against the knife, to the point where it seems the developers mean for you to use it with how close up he gets to you all the time.

I played RE2 for the first time coming off REmake, and found that it absolutely held up. It's a very different type of experience despite the superficial similarities - faster-paced, more action-heavy and with a less overtly tense and horror-focused atmosphere; but still very enjoyable as long as you don't expect another REmake. I'd definitely recommend playing it before the remake.

Ok, cool! I think I'm gonna get it off of PSN. I'm kind of on a RE kick right now. Just replayed 4 and 5 and planning on doing REmake next, and then 2.

Anyone want to trim down the actual plot spoilers in that RE7 alleged leaked video? I see a lot of stuff being said, but not much of the actual story. I mainly don't want to sit through that long of a video, especially since I know the majority of it now lol.

Yeah. If you do it perfectly he'll never attack you, just knife him in the face, wait for him to recover then repeat until dead. I usually mess a few times and still need to get a couple of shots in him

Yeah, Krauser is super-weak against the knife, to the point where it seems the developers mean for you to use it with how close up he gets to you all the time.

Yeah, I did it and killed him in a couple of seconds. Holy shit. I knew the knife was extraordinarily powerful against him, but I didn't know you could literally just go up to him and knife him the face over and over. Fucking amazing, wow.

Salazar: "I've sent my right hand to dispose of you."

Leon: "Your right hand comes off?"

And then I fought what looks like The Predator with liquid nitrogen.

This game is thoroughly entertaining.

Jesus, REmake is equal parts terrifying (atmosphere, feral zombies that run after you, etc.) and maddening (fuck-tons of items to manage, backtracking through the mansion to figure out what goes where, etc.)

I find I enjoy it most when I play it in shorter bursts. I go explore, figure something out, learn where to use an item or find a major turning point/solve a puzzle, then get back to a typewriter to save and take a break.

I have to say this, though...looking at the original PSONE version via YouTube, and playing this...I'm absolutely blown away by how much work went into this. It's a complete remake from the ground up. I didn't know Mikami actually decided to redo the whole fucking game.

This might be a masterpiece? I dunno. It might be too early to call it (that dude died from his snake bite even though I went all the way to the medical room to fetch him his damn serum)...but this might be a masterpiece.

Salazar: "I've sent my right hand to dispose of you."

Leon: "Your right hand comes off?"

And then I fought what looks like The Predator with liquid nitrogen.

This game is thoroughly entertaining.

It was a better Predalien than what we were given in AvP Requiem.

Now that I mention it, everything is better than AvP Requiem.

Anyway, anyone get the latest Capcom RE email and answer the poll?
Jill could carry more items, had more powerful weapons, and a lock pick to boot. Between piano playing, sandwich-making, and Barry-doubting, her storyline was anything but boring.
Chris entered the mansion wielding only a combat knife.

Some people might call this reckless, but I like to think that Chris was exactly the kind of tough guy the game needed, in fact he was such a beast he had to have his items slots nerfed

I know it's for fun, but damn does the Jill bit sound like a dig.

Mr_Zombie

One of the game's files suggests that Simmons was actually replaced pretty quick. I guess he was considered expendable. So we might see them make a return in the near future.

But Simmons at least had a history with two long time characters (Ada, Sherry), one of them even considered him a mentor, and was active (behind the scene, but still) during the Raccoon City incident. The Family itself is just a generic powerful secret organistation.

(Whoa, the mobile version showed me that post as the most recent one, hence the necro-reply >_>)

Also is there an image of this that works well as a desktop wallpaper?

Or a high-res version, poster-quality like? I would love to print it as a poster, but the only available resolution is too low even for a A4 print :/ And the only place to buy the poster is the Capcom Japan's site.

I didn't get an email and i'm part of the ambassador program.

It's just a RE.net newsletter, which generally just amounts to a poll and some links to certain game scenes or other negligible content. Not really missing anything.

Did we ever find out what the organization/department called O.R.E. was? Leon mentions it while checking out non-perishables on the Island. I'm assuming it's tied to his and Krauser's service, but I never played Darkside Chronicles to confirm.

Neff

It's totally intentional. Krauser even congratulates you for figuring it out ("Good, Leon"), despite the fact that you're kicking his ass.

One of my favorite tidbits of the rumor I hope is true is the
behemoth underwater monster
in RE7.

Just so you know, I'd have preferred not to have this spoiled, even if it's only a rumour. If it isn't in the game, I'll be disappointed. If it is, its reveal will be reduced.

Is there anything else coming for the 20th anniversary? I thought there were several unannounced games and the only unannounced was PT7 so...?

Was kinda expecting Revelations 1 at least.

Jawmuncher

Is there anything else coming for the 20th anniversary? I thought there were several unannounced games and the only unannounced was PT7 so...?

Revelations 1 as another HD port? I don't think at this moment they'll bother.
Right now we know there is apparently one more game. That has been "highly requested".
I don't think Revelations 1 for PS4 and XB1 would be that.

I would bet on either
Outbreak HD
Mercenaries Standalone game
Revelations 3 or some other new game to carry the "hero" gameplay torch.

I fully expect it to be announced at TGS. I think we're gonna get a big dump there.

RE7 new trailer, maybe a new demo because of the dummy finger tease
Resident Evil vendetta trailer
RE2make tease
Whatever this new game is.

They were making it sound like the RE conference was going to be a pretty big deal and live streamed worldwide.

strafer

trailer for Resident Evil vendetta is all I want at this point.

Maybe a Rev 3 reveal.

JayEH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y8E-YgMMrg

Community interview with producer of RE7

Q: Will the infamous resident evil title screen voice return to RE7?
A: It's not in the game at the moment. That could change, though. We've made a new kind of title screen for a new kind of Resident Evil and right now the voice isn't a part of that.

WHAT IS THIS GAME

They also talk about a bonus mode (raid, mercs, etc.). Non answer given, sort of implies maybe something. Couple of other small, generic details regarding the game, horror, etc.

Top Bottom