• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

RSB

Banned
I doubt they'll to pre-rendered. Just because at some point that becomes a pain in terms of scaling. Fully feel that they'll be using the RE engine, and do something like Dino Crisis/CVX.
Which were all 3D but still fixed cameras that could follow the player however. That scales better and helps stand the test of time for future porting. Since it seems like the reason the older games aren't on Steam, is because capcom wants to make the REmake stuff the new faces for the series. However I could still see them offering the classic versions later on (Other platforms besides PSN), since that's more money still at the end of the day.
I really wanted pre-rendered backgrounds, but after playing Until Dawn, I think real time could work fine, and still look pretty amazing (especially now that Pro and Scorpio are coming)

I doubt they'll to pre-rendered. Just because at some point that becomes a pain in terms of scaling. Fully feel that they'll be using the RE engine, and do something like Dino Crisis/CVX.
Which were all 3D but still fixed cameras that could follow the player however. That scales better and helps stand the test of time for future porting. Since it seems like the reason the older games aren't on Steam, is because capcom wants to make the REmake stuff the new faces for the series. However I could still see them offering the classic versions later on (Other platforms besides PSN), since that's more money still at the end of the day.

Yeah I agree. And there's also a possibility that they'll add some optional VR features to the game (since they're going all in on VR right now), which wouldn't be possible if they used prerendered backgrounds.

I'd really love to see what they could pull off with prerendered backgrounds on today's tech though. If they were able to make REmake look so good on the GameCube I can only imagine how mindblowing new prerendered backgrounds would look on newer hardware. Oh well.

I'd still prefer to see RE2/RE3 remade as a single amazing package.

I too have a slight hope in me that they'll just decide to do a combo thing with those two games. Although it really depends on how different they're making RE2 from the original. If it's anything on the scale of REmake in terms of new/different content it'll be quite an undertaking, despite it not being exactly a "big" game.

But when RE2 remake comes out RE3 will be the only numbered RE game that is still stuck in the past. :(

Jawmuncher

I too have a slight hope in me that they'll just decide to do a combo thing with those two games. Although it really depends on how different they're making RE2 from the original. If it's anything on the scale of REmake in terms of new/different content it'll be quite an undertaking, despite it not being exactly a "big" game.

But when RE2 remake comes out RE3 will be the only numbered RE game that is still stuck in the past. :(

To be fair. RE4 is at a point where it's gonna need a face life if they wanna sell it again.
Still hoping for non PC users, that they just pay the remaster mod guys and use that.

Jawmuncher

As much as I love RE5, I really dislike the Tribal Sections. If I could change anything about this game, it would be that. Especially the location where you first get the magnum. While a lot of people dislike it. I feel the game picks up the most when it gets really army.

Brhoom

Banned
So I decided to check just how much resident evil 1, 2, and 3 were pirated for the PS1 only...

Just from ONE site Resident Evil 2 was pirated 9.5 million times!!!

Resident Evil 3 at 4 million

And the original at 0.9 million

Note these are only the original version and not the later versions, and counting only one region.

From one site only!!!

Will Resident Evil 2 Remake be bigger than 7?

Guns in RE5 also have a satisfying weight. The crack of the Hydra sounds terrific

Yeah, I definitely agree. It's unfortunately something that took about 10 steps back in RE6 (I hate the feel of guns in that game).

Anyway, the most boring part of RE5 for me is the "puzzle" marathon you go through in the ruins (stairway room, sunbeam room, elevator/mirror chamber). I always dread going through that part just because it's so boring (although you get a ton of treasures in those sections).

Jawmuncher

I prefer the tribal stuff, just because you get to use melee more often.

Yes and no. A lot of times the majini spring right back up so you can't use ground melee on them.

So I decided to check just how much resident evil 1, 2, and 3 were pirated for the PS1 only...

Note these are only the original version and not the later versions, and counting only one region.

From one site only!!!

RE2make has the possibility to do so. Since much like FF7remake it has the nostalgia factor behind it. You'll have a lot of people going "I remember playing this as a kid or teen or whatever" and buying it solely on that.

I don't know what it is, but Resident Evil games are always fun to do "god" runs in (i.e. infinite ammo, NG+). Sure, there's no challenge whatsoever to it, but sometimes I just feel like powering through a game and rocket-launching the hell out of everything, you know? It helps that RE games always have awesome unlockable weapons. Anybody else like doing those once in a while?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
^^I'm going back through RE4 pro with a PRL and a Chicago Typewriter RN. Wanting an IRL too, but may not earn enough this playthrough.... though I think enemies drop more money on pro... we'll see

cheez124

I don't know what it is, but Resident Evil games are always fun to do "god" runs in (i.e. infinite ammo, NG+). Sure, there's no challenge whatsoever to it, but sometimes I just feel like powering through a game and rocket-launching the hell out of everything, you know? It helps that RE games always have awesome unlockable weapons. Anybody else like doing those once in a while?
PC mods are great for this. i used to love playing RE5 PC with noclip, rapid fire weapons, melee attacks on command, playing as wesker, etc

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

From one site only!!!

RE2 has the potential to ride the nostalgia train. It is actually also the top-selling classic survival-horror game of all time, it sold more than any other classic horror game.

So nobody told me that you should burn the bodies of downed zombies in REmake. I found out way late in the game when Crimsons were giving me a hard time. Lol

I just had my first run-in with Yawn and now I'm at the residence where the snake tail/tentacle came up through the floorboards and grabbed me.

How much more is left? How many hours, would you guys say?

Zambatoh

So nobody told me that you should burn the bodies of downed zombies in REmake. I found out way late in the game when Crimsons were giving me a hard time. Lol

I just had my first run-in with Yawn and now I'm at the residence where the snake tail/tentacle came up through the floorboards and grabbed me.

You're about half way through the game. You've still got another few hours to it or less if you know what you're doing.

Dusk Golem

Oh my, going blind to Crimson Heads is always fun. For how far in the game, you're about at the 1/3rd-1/2 mark. However, without saying too much things are about to change up a lot.

You're around halfway done. Maybe a bit less.

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil VII biohazard — Kitchen Teaser (Capcom CO., LTD.)

Will be included on the PSVR Demo Disc. Will probably be the only way to ever play that, unless it's included with RE7 or put up on PSN.

JayEH

It's definitely going to be there. Umbrella Corps was announced there last year and Rev 2 the year before that. This game is also a big push for PSVR.

Jawmuncher

Well, it will definitely be at TGS, but will it be at Sony's Press conference is the question, right?

With all of the VR stuff and RE7 easily being the biggest title for that, I think it's safe to say that it'll be at Sony's Conference. I expect a VR sizzle reel, and then the new gameplay trailer of RE7 with the "Playable on VR" at the end.

Still banking on another RE title to be there though. The comments about a third games fans have been asking for makes it sound like something not too far off.

With all of the VR stuff and RE7 easily being the biggest title for that, I think it's safe to say that it'll be at Sony's Conference. I expect a VR sizzle reel, and then the new gameplay trailer of RE7 with the "Playable on VR" at the end.

Still banking on another RE title to be there though. The comments about a third games fans have been asking for makes it sound like something not too far off.

Good point. Wonder what the third game will be? Revelations 3? RE2Make footage possibly? Something entirely different? Exciting time.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Anyone going to be awake? I've got an early class tomorrow so I'll have to catch up later

Dusk Golem

I'll be awake, if there's anything RE related or not, I'll post here. It's only 12 AM my time zone and I work from home currently.

Playing Separate Ways. I agree with Jawmuncher that it's clear this was obviously side-content, but it's still more RE 4.
Is there a reason the Merchant suddenly has glowy red eyes?

Dusk Golem

I feel we may get a teaser of RE7 at Sony's conference tonight, and then see a lot more at the RE7 conference coming up. what I'm betting on. RE7 was listed first by Sony and is one of their biggest VR titles in the foreseeable future, I feel it will be at Sony's conference but we'll see a lot more of it once the RE panel at TGS happens.

Dusk Golem

There was a replay of the 20th anniversary RE trailer they released at TGS, and they announced a VR Resident Evil crossover with a Japanese music band Music Video set in the Resident Evil universe, and did a cruel tease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5qd5bLNZXQ

^After this clip, not shown in the video I linked, they showed a cruel clip of the opening of RE2 with a motorbike on the side of the road and a car driving into a city down a highway road, but instead of reading Raccoon City, it read, "L'Arcoon City".

EDIT: Made the topic for it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277814

Akiller

It's not the first time Capcom works with that Band,iirc DMC4 JP opening song was made by them.Yep, that tease.

Anniversary trailer got me hyped, seeing all the characters from RE1 to 7.

Oh wait.

Dusk Golem

Please tell me there's more they're still showing? That can't be all of it.

There's an hour and a half conference dedicated to Resident Evil and Resident Evil 7 this Saturday that will be live-streamed.

September 17th:
12:25 to 13:10 – Resident Evil Special Stage Part 1: Resident Evil 7: biohazard Stage – Featuring Masachika Kawata (producer) and Tsuyoshi Kanada (producer). The latest information on the numbered Resident Evil game.
13:10 to 13:15 – Talk
13:20 to 13:50 – Resident Evil Special Stage Part 2: Resident Evil 20th Anniversary and Movie Contents Stage – Featuring Hiroyuki Kobayashi (producer) and Masachika Kawata (producer). A producer talk stage full of Resident Evil-related information. The laetst information on the live-action Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and the CG Resident Evil: Vendetta, too!
13:50 to 14:00 – Resident Evil Booth Talk.

That'll be streamed by Capcom, and takes place in American time at 4:25 - 6 AM PST / 7:25 - 9 AM EST.

There is also a 30-minute RE7 segment on the same stream the following day.

Awesome :) Thanks for the info. I can't wait to finally hear more about Vendetta.

I also have high hopes that their mysterious third unannounced game will be shown and it'll be something really cool.

Dusk Golem

Famitsu released two teaser shots of Resident Evil: Vendetta for their upcoming issue also.

4fdd1e7927da1b10217300e52d30e3dc.png

Small images and no further info, but more than we had.

Top Bottom