• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Jawmuncher

I am in the mood for a co-op run of RE5 on the PS4 if anyone wants to join me. More than happy to play along with new players, I know the game from memory

PSN is LightningCamaro - send me and FR if you're interested, add RE5 in the title of the message and I will accept.

I'd be interestes to play some. But also wondering. Would you be able to help our with the rotten egg glitch?

Vic_Viper

Thinking about picking up 5 and 6 on PS4. Saw the enhanced camera options for 5 and it looks awesome. Cant wait to play that game again with a much better camera option so I can see past Chris's massive body lol.

Does Resi 6 HD have the same camera options added to it like 5 has?

Is there a bundle that includes all 3 for PS4?

Jawmuncher

I've never done it before, how does it work?

I still need a rotten egg myself, but you in essence just join a game give eggs, quit out without saving, join back in give eggs, and repeat. Then both people can have an inventory of rotten eggs. It's quicker than farming for treasure in the levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVMvxjmrqP4

Not something we need to do soon, or even at all. just wanted to bring up the possibility.

Jawmuncher

You know thinking about it, regardless of rumors. The character who could in essence show up in RE7 the easiest would be Billy. Hell if we really wanted to get crazy Ethan could be Billy. He was on the run, and somehow went into hiding in Louisiana. Or he could just be living some where in the swamp by himself.

Probably not going to happen, but just thought how interesting it was that he could easily be placed in if they really wanted to.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I'd love it if billy turned up. I can see him laying low, leading that swamp rat lifestyle

Jawmuncher

I'd love it if billy turned up. I can see him laying low, leading that swamp rat lifestyle

Yeah, the facebook post is what made me think of that.

14355735_1249453365075548_1548306187214676261_n.jpg

Dunno why Trailer and Billy seemed connected to me lol.

Billy and Rebecca are both characters I am curious about when it comes to where have they been.

Since Becky is in the movie I am going to go out on a limb and say she might still be in a tactic unit?

kamineko

I think according to the stage play (which R was also in) she was teaching at a university and doing consulting work for the BSAA. Kind of like the prof in Marhawa Desire.

Just going off memory here, I haven't seen the play myself

I think according to the stage play (which R was also in) she was teaching at a university and doing consulting work for the BSAA. Kind of like the prof in Marhawa Desire.

Just going off memory here, I haven't seen the play myself

That actually sounds like something she would do considering her background being a fast learner who is gifted.

TreIII

It'd be even funnier if he and Becky with the Spray Can got to meet up again in 7.

Chris: "...Didn't your report say he was KIA?"

Rebeccca: *anime sweatdrop* "Well..."

Manu

That feel when you got an invite for the For Honor alpha but you're dying to play the updated Beginning Hour demo instead.

Any interesting new finds so far?

kamineko

That feel when you got an invite for the For Honor alpha but you're dying to play the updated Beginning Hour demo instead.

Any interesting new finds so far?

Not... so much? However, given the size of the update I wonder if they didn't retexture everything. There are some new sounds and a new room, but if there's more going on than that, it has yet to be discovered.

I'm a little confused by it

If all they really added was a few items and a new area with nothing else in, what a waste. It was kind of fun the first time and all, just because of how crazy it got, but you don't do that shit twice. I don't understand what they're thinking, eventually people are just going to get tired of it.

Vic_Viper

Resident Evil 5 HD is on sale on PSN for $13.99!

Just picked it up and started downloading, was able to play the beginning before the whole DL finished. Cant believe how good it looks. Wish 6 was also on sale though, thats the one I really want to check out since ive never played it other than the demo.

Which control option is the updated type? Type D?

Can someone tell me what games are not canon? Gaiden is an obvious one. I've been playing through all the games, and that one was a waste of time lol. I keep seeing conflicting things on if the outbreak games are canon or not

Jawmuncher

Can someone tell me what games are not canon? Gaiden is an obvious one. I've been playing through all the games, and that one was a waste of time lol. I keep seeing conflicting things on if the outbreak games are canon or not

The Outbreak games are apparently half canon, if it doesn't conflict with anything they happened. If they have a conflict, they aren't. This is similar to how Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles are as well. But besides that every game in the series is canon besides Gaiden, Orc, and Gun Survivor CVX (Obviously Mercs 3D isn't canon)

I don't think I missed anything else besides odd ass ports like RE2 on game.com and japenese only obscure cell phone games.

The Outbreak games are apparently half canon, if it doesn't conflict with anything they happened. If they have a conflict, they aren't. This is similar to how Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles are as well. But besides that every game in the series is canon besides Gaiden, Orc, and Gun Survivor CVX (Obviously Mercs 3D isn't canon)

I don't think I missed anything else besides odd ass ports like RE2 on game.com and japenese only obscure cell phone games.

Original RE1 isn't canon anymore.

JayEH

I know in an interview a couple years ago that they said Mikami and Capcom internally viewed Remake as the true version of RE1.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Does newsbot have a twitter?
Should be @Paul_Birch1, I think? Something like that.

ORC, Gaiden, mobile games, multiplayer components. The Outbreak series is super canon, tho. They get referenced by one of the mangas.

Gun Survivor CVX is canon. It's a dream Claire has while leaving the artic with Chris.

The Chronicles game retellings are "historical recreations", while their standalone things are canon. Although The Fourth Survivor superceeds Fourth Survivor.

Jawmuncher

Should be @Paul_Birch1, I think? Something like that.

ORC, Gaiden, mobile games, multiplayer components. The Outbreak series is super canon, tho. They get referenced by one of the mangas.

Gun Survivor CVX is canon. It's a dream Claire has while leaving the artic with Chris.

But how did she see the future AND know about nemesis? lol I guess it can be canon, but her dream is some inception level shit.

Riposte

It's kind of funny there's a scenario in OG RE1 where Wesker goes out like a bitch by being killed by a hunter off-screen. His elaborate resurrection plans gets totally messed up if he got decapitated.

Jawmuncher

I suppose you could retcon it as Barry in Remake, telling the story years later fabricated it and made up the "Jill Sandwich" to make the story funnier or something.

For those that missed the stream...well, lucky you.

Other than a bunch of old trailers and screen grabs:

Item boxes look to be in

Shotgun confirmed (again)

Lantern footage with Marguerite speaking.

Physical Collectors Edition, known as Complete Edition, confirmed for Japan. Playing cards, season pass, and a sack with drawstring among the included items.

Lantern demo on PS VR on the show floor.

Other than RE7:

Bundle on PS4 that includes RE0, REMAKE, 4, 5, and 6 for Japan. Seemed digital only.

Bakahazar(d)

New trailer for Sony Picture's Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Music video PS VR experience with L'Arc-en-Ciel

Vendetta trailer...to attendees only. Stream broke away during. Trailer to be shown to the public following day.
Film delayed to Spring 2017.

Hopefully some translations come in so we have a better idea on what made this show worth putting on.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I like the trailer actually, given they're obviously holding back a lot of information (Rebecca isn't even in the trailer!), but it makes me interested. The new animation looks a little more 'animated' than usual, but I like it.

Top Bottom