• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Truck that has a playable VR lantern demo, also other demo stations of RE4-6 on PS4. Supposedly truck challenges to get swag on each game.

Cool. Closest stop is over 4 hours away from me, though. Dammit, why doesn't this shit ever come to TN? The line even goes straight through where Nashville would be, too.

I'm getting really suspicious of Capcom right now.

https://i.gyazo.com/3cc04624145aa7c817fe5840d19b4804.png

^This appeared at the Resident Evil stream at TGS a few days ago. I don't know what the poster is for, but I did not recognize that rendition of Nemesis. Some thought it was a Nemesis render from Operation Raccoon City, but it doesn't look like the same model to me. More so, that's not the model of the chaingun he uses in Operation Raccoon City either, it looks quite different, and Nemesis never uses a rocket launcher in ORC, If someone knows where that render is from, do tell me as I don't recognize it.

I kind if let it slide though, but on RE.net, Capcom just posted a map of the tour they're doing for RE7 around the USA:

That's cool, but there's ANOTHER new render of the giant worm boss from RE3 in the top-right! Where are these new high-res renders of what seem to be models of RE3 bosses even coming from?

I will dream they decided to do a RE2/3 REmake hybrid all in one game.

The Grave Digger render is from Umbrella Chronicles though.

ECIXsNe.jpg

BIOhazardous

Neo Member
I'm getting really suspicious of Capcom right now.

3cc04624145aa7c817fe5840d19b4804.png

^This appeared at the Resident Evil stream at TGS a few days ago. I don't know what the poster is for, but I did not recognize that rendition of Nemesis. Some thought it was a Nemesis render from Operation Raccoon City, but it doesn't look like the same model to me. More so, that's not the model of the chaingun he uses in Operation Raccoon City either, it looks quite different, and Nemesis never uses a rocket launcher in ORC, If someone knows where that render is from, do tell me as I don't recognize it.

I kind if let it slide though, but on RE.net, Capcom just posted a map of the tour they're doing for RE7 around the USA:

That's cool, but there's ANOTHER new render of the giant worm boss from RE3 in the top-right! Where are these new high-res renders of what seem to be models of RE3 bosses even coming from?
This came from the "Lantern" demo stream during the weekend. More hints by Capcom?

cdd18b54f787316a0a431b34a864d9b1.jpg

Mr_Zombie

I will dream they decided to do a RE2/3 REmake hybrid all in one game.

No :/

The game would either need a big budget to cover two completely different campaigns that share very few assets (think of RE6) or would affect negatively both games by diminishing differences between them (different mechanics, enemies, priorities).

Jawmuncher

I Just beat RE5 on PS4 a few days ago, but I kinda wanna go and play it again on one. I mean, I should instead go for the plat on PS4. But I figure I can beat both and just go for the complete achievements later. Besides Versus, I ain't doing that shit again. On 360 I literally had an achievement farm of 4 360s hooked up to do it. Then farmed with a group on PS3. Hours I'll never get back.

Also, it took me FOREVER to get a rotten egg. Dunno what the deal was but beat the game and never got one. Had to farm spiders for like 2 hours to finally get one. While I got 3 golden eggs just going to the island once.

ALSO I forgot how BS some of the bosses are, and how you're better off just getting the free RPG from the marshland and using it on them. The second uroborous fight being a perfect example.

No :/

The game would either need a big budget to cover two completely different campaigns that share very few assets (think of RE6) or would affect negatively both games by diminishing differences between them (different mechanics, enemies, priorities).
Having Chief Irons, lickers, etc show up during RE3 Day 1 would be great and having the UBCS and Drain Deimos or whatever show up briefly during RE2 would be great too. And there's nothing wrong with giving RE2 a quick turn either lol.

Yeah, I will never understand people who say they want a RE2/RE3 hybrid remake thing or whatever. They happen within the same timeframe, but they are so different. It'd be like saying you want to see a hybrid MGS2/MGS3 remake or something.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I think that the more expensive these remakes are, the more compromises will be needed to maximize accessibility and audience.

Keeping the games separate (they don't share many assets, after all) is one good way to contain cost while still delivering a solid remake.

ALSO I forgot how BS some of the bosses are, and how you're better off just getting the free RPG from the marshland and using it on them. The second uroborous fight being a perfect example.

Yeah, I hate that fight. RL every time

JayEH

Yeah, I will never understand people who say they want a RE2/RE3 hybrid remake thing or whatever. They happen within the same timeframe, but they are so different. It'd be like saying you want to see a hybrid MGS2/MGS3 remake or something.

and they only share part of one location...

strafer

God, I forgot you cant save during the RE5 Jill DLC. It was late and I had to keep playing because I didn't wanna loose progress.

Jawmuncher

Speaking of which, what is the glitch for the final section of desperate escape on professional? That final section is such BS.

RootCause

Would be amazing if the remake turns out to be both games remade into one story line. With the game switching characters automaticly to accommodate the time line.

Mr_Zombie

Having Chief Irons, lickers, etc show up during RE3 Day 1 would be great and having the UBCS and Drain Deimos or whatever show up briefly during RE2 would be great too. And there's nothing wrong with giving RE2 a quick turn either lol.

But Irons was not important for RE3 storyline, likewise UBCS for RE2 storyline, so their appearances would be nothing more than a fan service.

And there's more gameplay differences between RE2 and RE3 than just a quick turn (I might be wrong, but GC version of RE2 already had it). RE2 was more focused on the zapping system (and I would love to see the mechanics enhanced in the remake), while RE3 was more focused on the city in chaos theme, with big groups of enemies, enemies randomly popping out of buildings/cars, Jill's enhanced agility (dodge), more ammo (creating ammo) and live selection thing due to the game only having a single scenario.

Again, Capcom can merge those two games, sure, but the result would be similar to RE6: two completely different scenarios with different themes and mechanics put together in a single game because reasons.

Speaking of which, what is the glitch for the final section of desperate escape on professional? That final section is such BS.

Need stand on roof at specific spots, also make sure DE starts with gun using enemies, so you don't get them in final section.

Requires two players also because AI moves about.

Is nothing like MGS2/3 at all.

RE2/3 are two games with 95% identical gameplay, taking place at roughly the same time and using several shared locations.

I for one want big changes to the remake, if RE2make is just RE2 with the REmake treatment it gonna be one of the most boring 2 hours of my life playing it.

RE2 is a very short game by today's standards, it needs either masses of new content or, better, combine with RE3, since if they were to ever remake that it would have same problem.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

RE2/3 are two games with 95% identical gameplay, taking place at roughly the same time and using several shared locations.

I for one want big changes to the remake, if RE2make is just RE2 with the REmake treatment it gonna be one of the most boring 2 hours of my life playing it.

RE2 is a very short game by today's standards, it needs either masses of new content or, better, combine with RE3, since if they were to ever remake that it would have same problem.

The games have one (1) shared location(s) that didn't even work the same. RE1 was short by 2002 standards, so they expanded it when remaking it. Mixing two different games with two different scenarios with differing mechanics so that the remake of one isn't "too short" doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

JayEH

They only share the police station though and only one section of it and it is heavily modified from RE2 to 3...

Like, legit, I think this is probably the wrongest post I have seen in a while. Almost nothing in it is accurate, to be frankly honest. I'm almost left wondering if you've ever even played RE3

Zambatoh

What? If each walkthrough takes approx. 2 hours, then 2 hours times 4 routes is still 8 hours at minimum. Which is about your typical action games these days. That's not even getting into the Tofu/Hunk scenerio or the Extreme Battle minigame.

JayEH

It's only 2 hours after you know where everything is and the optimal routes so after multiple playthroughs. If Remake 2 follows Remake it will add new areas and changes things up even for old players it will probably be 6-8 hours for one a or b scenario. So yeah...that's a decent length taking everything not even including bonus modes.

Like, legit, I think this is probably the wrongest post I have seen in a while. Almost nothing in it is accurate, to be frankly honest. I'm almost left wondering if you've ever even played RE3

Make some actual counter arguments and refutals or knock these BS posts off please.

What? If each walkthrough takes approx. 2 hours, then 2 hours times 4 routes is still 8 hours at minimum. Which is about your typical action games these days. That's not even getting into the Tofu/Hunk scenerio or the Extreme Battle minigame.

No, it's about 2 hours for a first run and then playing the same recycled content 4 times over with barely anything new.

I guarantee nobody beat RE2 in 2 hours their first time through.

If the RE2make is going by REmake standards they will. REmake didn't push the timer up by much if you knew the first game well and REmake had actual maze enviroments start to finish, RE2 is a very linear game in comparison so less stuff to mix around.

Make some actual counter arguments and refutals or knock these BS posts off please.

I mean, reality is my counter argument and refute. What you said is just factually false. RE3 doesn't use several of the same environments as RE2. It uses two, one of which is very different from the other, and the other is only one small section of another. All the other other sections are unique. Not to mention that the 2 hours of content is misleading. You may be able to do that once you know every location, item, etc (like the first game), but as JayEH said, no way you could do that on your first playthrough. And RE3 is different. It's decidedly more linear overall, and the backtracking is lessened and more self-contained than RE2.

The only right thing about what you said is that the gameplay is 'recycled,' but RE3 is no more recycled than RE2 recycled RE1. And RE3 has several gameplay quirks that 2 didn't, such as that shitty dodge thing, ammo combinations, and scripted choice segments not seen in RE before or since.

So, yeah, basically completely wrong with a few nuggets of reality. Have you played RE3? If you have, maybe you need to revisit it.

I mean, reality is my counter argument and refute. What you said is just factually false. RE3 doesn't use several of the same environments as RE2. It uses two, one of which is very different from the other, and the other is only one small section of another. All the other other sections are unique. Not to mention that the 2 hours of content is misleading. You may be able to do that once you know every location, item, etc (like the first game), but as JayEH said, no way you could do that on your first playthrough. And RE3 is different. It's decidedly more linear overall, and the backtracking is lessened and more self-contained than RE2.

The only right thing about what you said is that the gameplay is 'recycled,' but RE3 is no more recycled than RE2 recycled RE1. And RE3 has several gameplay quirks that 2 didn't, such as that shitty dodge thing, ammo combinations, and scripted choice segments not seen in RE before or since.

So, yeah, basically completely wrong with a few nuggets of reality. Have you played RE3? If you have, maybe you need to revisit it.

The great thing about remaking something is you get to...wait for it....remake it. And you can make it different!

'Raccoon Streets' is a location. Just because the exact same street from RE2 isn't used in RE3 doesn't mean in a REmake they couldn't design them to both be used during both RE2 and RE3 segments. They could even expand them to be much larger segments, Leon and Claire could spend more than 2 minutes on the streets this time.

The RPD in a RE3 remake could actually be expanded to be more explored since they are using it all for RE2 anyway, hell you could even set up blockades and such as part of RE3 that then become obstacles when you play through it as part of RE2. Or that we see get broke down by zombies during RE2.

You could encounter an early form of Birkin as Jill, or encounter Nemesis as Leon or Claire. See Jill interact with Irons.

There is nothing wrong with adding ammo combinations to RE2 segments, or removing the dodge from RE3 segments (most players could never use it right in the original anyway).

They could expand on RE2s system of leaving the backpack/SMG by having you during RE3 take or leave something, or do or not do something.

The RPD window during RE2 parts could actually be broke this time!

Was nothing wrong in my post at all, it just takes understanding that a remake can change things, especially if you got a tiny bit of imagination and design the games to interconnect properly as a single product.

It doesn't need be just copying point for point what is already made and chucking two individual products together. That is pointless, we have that already.

You comparison to MGS2/3 is still shit, two games that take place decades apart and in completely different parts of the world.

The great thing about remaking something is you get to...wait for it....remake it. And you can make it different!

Sure, but your dodging the overall issue that by combining two games that doesn't share similar locations

'Raccoon Streets' is a location. Just because the exact same street from RE2 isn't used in RE3 doesn't mean in a REmake they couldn't design them to both be used during both RE2 and RE3 segments. They could even expand them to be much larger segments, Leon and Claire could spend more than 2 minutes on the streets this time.

This is plausible.

The RPD in a RE3 remake could actually be expanded to be more explored since they are using it all for RE2 anyway, hell you could even set up blockades and such as part of RE3 that then become obstacles when you play through it as part of RE2. Or that we see get broke down by zombies during RE2.

This would alter the pacing of RE3's narrative, though, especially since the RPD is essentially a giant easter egg and very little action happens there. What would really be expanded there, and for what real reason? Why would Jill stay there outside to get supplies, etc. Even expanded slightly you would end up with a Scenario C that have a heavily disproportionate amount of time spent in one place than in A and B.

You could encounter an early form of Birkin as Jill, or encounter Nemesis as Leon or Claire. See Jill interact with Irons.

Cool cameos, I guess, but ultimately pointless at the end of the day.

There is nothing wrong with adding ammo combinations to RE2 segments, or removing the dodge from RE3 segments (most players could never use it right in the original anyway).

Okay, so add something to one thing, while removing something from another instead of trying to refine and improve it. Disingenuous to one game, benefiting another.

They could expand on RE2s system of leaving the backpack/SMG by having you during RE3 take or leave something, or do or not do something.

The RPD window during RE2 parts could actually be broke this time!

I don't really understand what you're saying here exactly.

Was nothing wrong in my post at all, it just takes understanding that a remake can change things, especially if you got a tiny bit of imagination and design the games to interconnect properly as a single product.

It doesn't need be just copying point for point what is already made and chucking two individual products together. That is pointless, we have that already.

But you sidestep the fact that 85% of RE3 doesn't really take place in RPD or Raccoon City proper. Even if you were to combine the streets and RPD of 2 and 3 together, you still have the clock tower, the cable car outlet, the hospital, the waste disposal and the park that has no real representation in RE2. You would end up with a Scenario A and B that are similar with different parts, and a Scenario C that is about 15-20% sharing with A/B, which the rest is almost a totally different game in different locations. What's the solution, ultimately, for this part of RE3? Should it be cut down? Should it be incorporated into RE2 in some way even though these places have nothing to do with RE2's narrative? At some point, you're going to end up with a disproportionate amount one way or the other.

You comparison to MGS2/3 is still shit, two games that take place decades apart and in completely different parts of the world.

It's more extreme, but it still works as criticism to what you're saying. MGS3 shares some similar locations and story beats as MGS2, but most of the two games take place in different environments, go in different directions and tackle gameplay design in fundamentally different ways. Take away the narrative juxtaposition of RE2 and 3's narrative for a minute, and look at the actual games themselves. They would be very hard to mass together without compromise somewhere due to how different they actually are.

Honestly since REmake 2 seemed like a slight possibility I have been for a combined RE2&3 remake.

Though im also for a REremake that gives Chris and Jill separate canon campaigns while giving Rebecca and Barry their own side campaigns.
And maybe even a bonus Wesker campaign.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
The more it costs, the more action it will need to break even. If you want something remake-style it makes no sense to want them to include RE3 in the project scope.

Vic_Viper

Just started Resi 6 for the first time and just finished the prologue. Which campaign is considered the best plot wise? I know your technically supposed to do Leon first.

Jawmuncher

Just started Resi 6 for the first time and just finished the prologue. Which campaign is considered the best plot wise? I know your technically supposed to do Leon first.

Plot wise? Hmm dunno if anyone ever says anything like that. They all have their highs and lows even story wise. Personally if we're talking just story, I think Jake and Chris have the best.

Jake and Sherry develop a lot through their campaign which adds a lot to their story. While Chris story of redemption and revenge with piers is really good. I would say he has the best personally.

Leon to me just kinda runs around and fights the bad guy to clear his name . Helena to me doesn't offer anything substantial.

Also the order is debated. BUT I would say that playing campaigns in a rotating order is better.

Go like Leon 1, Leon 2, Chris 1, Chris 2, Jake 1, Jake 2.

Then Leon 3, Chris 3, Jake 3, Leon 4, Chris 4, Jake 4 and continue that trend. That way you're beating all the campaigns back to back. I'd save all of ada for last though. However honestly you could ad her to that rotation as well. So long as she is always last in this rotation order.

Jawmuncher

I'm still banking on them trying to bridge classic and modern in RE2make. While I doubt we'll get crazy Melee or anything. I still expect some modern conventions added.

I only say this because, I feel like if they were going just straight remake style. We'd have seen something by now.

Top Bottom