• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Community |OT2| Best Fans Ever!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That looks familiar. :p

Those old mansions do look similar, but apparently be an article on it in their upcoming issue releasing on the 15th, and those two images are a teaser: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201609/13115396.html

EDIT: For the new page, I will also quote this:

Made a topic for the upcoming Resident Evil TGS Special Stage Event coming up.

Maybe a bit early, but decided to from the Sony conference and to raise awareness and discussion on the gaming side.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I've been watching a currently airing moe anime about this group of girls making a game that's only like, 20-30% actually about games, New Game. The newest episode is about their game being revealed at the "Tokyo Game Expo" (they totally timed the episode to air around now), but this caught my eye and made me giggle:

CsLzn7lWYAA-jHg.jpg

JayEH

I've been watching a currently airing moe anime about this group of girls making a game that's only like, 20-30% actually about games, New Game. The newest episode is about their game being revealed at the "Tokyo Game Expo" (they totally timed the episode to air around now), but this caught my eye and made me giggle:

CsLzn7lWYAA-jHg.jpg

that's cute. too bad they used one of the inferior NA box arts :p

Caffeine

so 9/29 famitsu leaked not allowed to post scans and no way to translate.
4 pages maybe more? about resi 7 with pictures
its on resi reddit.

so 9/29 famitsu leaked not allowed to post scans and no way to translate.
4 pages maybe more? about resi 7 with pictures
its on resi reddit.

No translations yet, but there is a whole picture of the dining scene from the Abassador email earlier. Dusk Golem was correct on the cropped out individual on the left (
wheelchair woman
), while another familiar face is on the right (individual is
Andre
). There also looks to be someone else in the other room...

Other images:

Shows player raising hands against
Mr.Baker

the player character wielding a
Utility Knife/cutter

Player standing over
Mr. Baker
while holding a weapon

Jawmuncher

No translations yet, but there is a whole picture of the dining scene from the Abassador email earlier. Dusk Golem was correct on the cropped out individual on the left (
wheelchair woman
), while another familiar face is on the right (individual is
Andre
). There also looks to be someone else in the other room...

Other images:

Shows player raising hands against
Mr.Baker

the player character wielding a
Utility Knife/cutter

Player standing over
Mr. Baker
while holding a weapon

What's interesting is one of those was mentioned in the rumor video awhile back. So that weapon is possibly the first one we get in the game.

OniBaka

I guess I should go media blackout for RE7, I remember the story for 6 was leaked pretty early and ruined a lot of surprises for me.

I guess I should go media blackout for RE7, I remember the story for 6 was leaked pretty early and ruined a lot of surprises for me.

I feel like the Famitsu stuff is covering the second demo since two of the images are the same, if not more complete in content, as what we received in the Ambassador email.

Part of my suspicion of that is that someone in one of those screens is supposed to be just in the demo.

TreIII

Love the models for Leon and Chris in Vendetta.

I guess Chris' slightly updated look makes all the more sense
if he really is going to show up in 7, as well.

Jawmuncher

Love the models for Leon and Chris in Vendetta.

I guess Chris' slightly updated look makes all the more sense
if he really is going to show up in 7, as well.

Chris with a full beard is gonna be so cool.

Would be the easy character to give an appearance when you think about it. Especially if Dusks detecive thread is on the money and the mansion events spiral into a bigger outbreak. Makes sense for BSAA Chris to show up on the scene.

RE stuff always get leaked and posted openly in the most random of places, good luck.

Biggest BS was Revelations, that actually didn't get a leak, but then about a week before it released some Euro website who reviewed the game openly blew open the twist about Jessica in their review. Hope they got blacklisted for that BS.

JayEH

Trailer sets a good atmosphere but...still not really seeing the gameplay loop yet. We saw a gun for a couple of seconds but most of the trailer was running. Hopefully the demo shows off what you do.

watched it again. I don't know how I feel. This still doesn't look like RE. Why won't they show the regular enemies? Why are you getting destroyed by one man?

Jawmuncher

The new trailer did nothing for me. I'm more of a fan of The lore and action. Right now it's not offering much in those departments

Like I really fucking hate it. I'm all for big changes. But what I have seen and played so far has not caught me. I'm not a big horror fan so that sort of appeal is out the window. On paper and the rumors it sounds great, but whenever I see it I just get disheartened.

Hoping the updated demo quells some of this dissapoinemt. Still looking forward to the game, but it kills me that nothing they have shown has excited Me. Right now the biggest excitement is from the rumors the game has.

The dinner scene being a big example. That is exciting a lot of people. Did absolutely nothing for me. Outside of telling us how their virus might work. A big part is I just don't see the RE series as scary. I felt it's a took its used but not it's sole identity.

But apparently I'm wrong in that, since the majority of posts on gaming are scary = RE is back.

I think a big factor is that at this point RE and MGS are the only series in gaming i care about. With MGS limping along, I would hate to become uninterested in the future of RE. Especially one where I'm told I'm wrong for liking the games I like, and not being a "real fan" because of them.

I always forget about this place.

The VR aspect of this is so hyping me up. Its clearly made from the ground up for VR. Its going to be the scariest game I ever play easily.

As for the gameplay lets hope we see it in action at TGS. I hope its back to its roots, lots of inventory management and getting from one place to another by the skin of you teeth.

JayEH

The new trailer did nothing for me. I'm more of a fan of The lore and action. Right now it's not offering much in those departments

Like I really fucking hate it. I'm all for big changes. But what I have seen and played so far has not caught me. I'm not a big horror fan so that sort of appeal is out the window. On paper and the rumors it sounds great, but whenever I see it I just get disheartened.

Hoping the updated demo quells some of this dissapoinemt. Still looking forward to the game, but it kills me that nothing they have shown has excited Me. Right now the biggest excitement is from the rumors the game has.

The dinner scene being a big example. That is exciting a lot of people. Did absolutely nothing for me. Outside of telling us how their virus might work. A big part is I just don't see the RE series as scary. I felt it's a took its used but not it's sole identity.

But apparently I'm wrong in that, since the majority of posts on gaming are scary = RE is back.

I think a big factor is that at this point RE and MGS are the only series in gaming i care about. With MGS limping along, I would hate to become uninterested in the future of RE. Especially one where I'm told I'm wrong for liking the games I like, and not being a "real fan" because of them.

i feel similar. Don't really want to post anything in gaming because I know I will get jumped on lol. I don't really get the posts of people saying it's time to eat crow when I did not see any combat in that trailer except for you shooting an invincible enemy.

OniBaka

i feel similar. Don't really want to post anything in gaming because I know I will get jumped on lol. I don't really get the posts of people saying it's time to eat crow when I did not see any combat in that trailer except for you shooting an invincible enemy.
So much for me going media blackout but I also agree. I normally love horror games above anything else but not in first person and I feel like we lost awesome gameplay.

Jawmuncher

I'll make a thread tomorrow to the likes of "what Is re to you and why can't all re fans just get along".

Not gonna bother with gaming side atm. Since it'll turn into Old vs New again.

Which is tiring. You would think horror fans would be more humble after the length theywaited for a new game.

I never recalled action fans talking much shit as classic fans did back in the day in all of the RE action threads. It doesn't help when so many posts are just "that was scary RE is back'. Like damn I wish my standards for a RE game were that low.

Like, I'm even more confused now. The music cues, lighting, and camera angles tell me I'm supposed to be tense and afraid. The dialogue and execution of story is utterly goofy, though.

Jawmuncher

To me the marketing is really making things evident that capcom is trying to go for everyone who got off the boat with 5 and or 6.

When you look at the reactions it's more than apparent. I figure they guess that those who liked 5 and 6 are big fans that they'll buy 7 regardless.

Like, I'm even more confused now. The music cues, lighting, and camera angles tell me I'm supposed to be tense and afraid. The dialogue and execution of story is utterly goofy, though.

Because it isn't the usual utterly goofy dialogue and execution?

Seemed just a tad exaggerated and stereotype driven, but otherwise seemed to be aiming for a better goal than the majority of the series in that department. We're also lacking a lot of context, so it felt a bit bizarre with how Mrs Baker went off.

It's the writer of Spec Ops the Line, so it should turn out fine as long as you're okay with RE not hanging onto the tradition of terrible VA work and lines. Which it could possibly still have.

Edit: On a lore note, do you think the Plantation may tie into any of the founders/leaders of Umbrella? Historically those gents (and ladies down the line) screwed over family and colleagues left and right on their climb to power and discovery.

I think the high sales numbers of RE6 practically guarantee that Capcom will be doing another game like it someday. They're just not going to make it a mainline game anymore.

I just wish they'd announce that third unannounced game already. Saturday might be the day.

Maybe the reason they haven't announced it yet is because it actually is an action game and they don't want all the longtime fans to stop praising them right now for finally going back to horror with RE7. I saw all the whining after both ORC and Umbrella Corps were unveiled and later released, a LOT of fans can't handle that a spinoff plays differently, even though that's what they're fucking supposed to do lmao.

JayEH

Well this marketing isn't working with me. I gave the game a chance at gamescom and another chance at TGS. It's apparent the game isn't for me at this point. Will play it eventually so I can have a proper opinion but not on day 1.

I think the high sales numbers of RE6 practically guarantee that Capcom will be doing another game like it someday. They're just not going to make it a mainline game anymore.

I just wish they'd announce that third unannounced game already. Saturday might be the day.

Maybe the reason they haven't announced it yet is because it actually is an action game and they don't want all the longtime fans to stop praising them right now for finally going back to horror with RE7. I saw all the whining after both ORC and Umbrella Corps were unveiled and later released, a LOT of fans can't handle that a spinoff plays differently, even though that's what they're fucking supposed to do lmao.

Yeah I don't get this. Same with Metal Gear Survive right now.

Because it isn't the usual utterly goofy dialogue and execution?

Seemed just a tad exaggerated and stereotype driven, but otherwise seemed to be aiming for a better goal than the majority of the series in that department. We're also lacking a lot of context, so it felt a bit bizarre with how Mrs Baker went off.

It's the writer of Spec Ops the Line, so it should turn out fine as long as you're okay with RE not hanging onto the tradition of terrible VA work and lines. Which it could possibly still have.

Of course RE has always been goofy. I'm confused because that trailer gave me a completely different vibe from the first two trailers. It's intentionally goofy to the point I'm not sure what response they were trying to illicit. "Welcome to the family", the guy throwing food, "not again", the "son of a bitch" outburst was so incongruous with the first half of the trailer which used generic epic music which itself is campy at this point because it's so overused. This is Revelations 2 level of camp. But the first two trailers outside of a single line lacked this and maybe some of the stuff from the news crew in the demo. Hence why I'm confused at the marketing.

Edit: but apparently gaming side is loving it and find is scary?

kogasu

Still not sure how to feel about the game as a whole. I'm hype to play the demo and get more of a feel for the game but the trailer did very little. It was literally just straight up going for like a mid-2000s horror movie trailer with gameplay segments. We asked for some action, they gave it and it was... unsatisfying. "Here's a gun *bang bang*" and that's it. Still find myself interested to see how it turns out.

Of course RE has always been goofy. I'm confused because that trailer gave me a completely different vibe from the first two trailers. It's intentionally goofy to the point I'm not sure what response they were trying to illicit. "Welcome to the family", the guy throwing food, "not again", the "son of a bitch" outburst was so incongruous with the first half of the trailer which used generic epic music which itself is campy at this point because it's so overused. This is Revelations 2 level of camp. But the first two trailers outside of a single line lacked this and maybe some of the stuff from the news crew in the demo. Hence why I'm confused at the marketing.

Edit: but apparently gaming side is loving it and find is scary?

I've only seen disturbing used in regards to the behavior and someone somehow finding Lucas' mutilation too much despite that we see nothing more than some red spritz. Some are also setting up their expectations based on Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Only thing folks seemed to actually call scary was Mr. Baker attempting to earn that X title. If even that.

Anyway, I'm hoping Saturday gives a solid picture on the tone of the game. I'm not finding it as discordant and understand how they are progressing the reveal, but it's time to dispense with the hiding of basic gameplay with the game 3 months out with very few major opportunities to show it off remaining.

You guys think they ditch coop for RE7 completely or make an entirely seperate and different mode (Mercs)?

I hope there's something there on the side, but I'm already preparing for the side story stuff to be the extent. I'm even doubting we'll have much in the way of endgame unlocks.

Jawmuncher

I do agree that if capcom has any action titles planned they probably are going to stay mum as to not hurt RE7. As was mentioned all of the complaints they would get just over spin-offs said a lot. Since I still say it's the horror fans who were always more mad than action fans. Action fans weren't going in REmake hd announced threads going "terrible", while that was the case with RE6 HD.

Right now it does feel like they want to appeal to those who have been made at the lack of horror for so long. Since in my eyes, action fans are the easiest to please and in general seem to be more accepting of change. I don't see too many fans of 4-6 being overly negative on 7. Most are still gonna give it a go and are still getting all the info..

However I don't completely blame horror fans. Since capcom caused this divide and never tried for the longest to appeal to both camps. Since you're never gonna make everyone happy with one game. Horror fans and action fans imo dont want a half measures like the Revelations series. Play to the strengths of either style and just make separate games for each side of the fanbase.

I've only seen disturbing used in regards to the behavior and someone somehow finding Lucas' mutilation too much despite that we see nothing more than some red spritz. Some are also setting up their expectations based on Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Only thing folks seemed to actually call scary was Mr. Baker attempting to earn that X title. If even that.

Anyway, I'm hoping Saturday gives a solid picture on the tone of the game. I'm not finding it as discordant and understand how they are progressing the reveal, but it's time to dispense with the hiding of basic gameplay with the game 3 months out with very few major opportunities to show it off remaining.

I hope there's something there on the side, but I'm already preparing for the side story stuff to be the extent. I'm even doubting we'll have much in the way of endgame unlocks.

It's not super discordant, it just took me by surprise.

I mean, at this point, it's kind of obvious that combat is highly secondary. From the footage we saw there was a weapon on screen for four seconds and any time the gun was fired, there was no hit reaction despite being shot in the chest.

that chris redfield in the Vendetta movie is not very good.

Yeah, it's super rough.

I do agree that if capcom has any action titles planned they probably are going to stay mum as to not hurt RE7. As was mentioned all of the complaints they would get just over spin-offs said a lot. Since I still say it's the horror fans who were always more mad than action fans. Action fans weren't going in REmake hd announced threads going "terrible", while that was the case with RE6 HD.

Right now it does feel like they want to appeal to those who have been made at the lack of horror for so long. Since in my eyes, action fans are the easiest to please and in general seem to be more accepting of change. I don't see too many fans of 4-6 being overly negative on 7. Most are still gonna give it a go and are still getting all the info..

However I don't completely blame horror fans. Since capcom caused this divide and never tried for the longest to appeal to both camps. Since you're never gonna make everyone happy with one game. Horror fans and action fans imo dont want a half measures like the Revelations series. Play to the strengths of either style and just make separate games for each side of the fanbase.

In the defense of classic fans, it's kinda been 14 years since they got a mainline game that pleases them. On the other hand, you're right, action fans don't actively thread shit either.

I'll give this game a go when it comes out despite all of my grumping. This style of game simply isn't preferred for me, though.

strafer

But Dusk Golem pointed out in the other thread that it might be a flashback of some sorts because there was a picture of a "normal" looking Chris.

Still doesn't look like the Chris from RE5 or 6.

characters-1024x629.png

I am in the mood for a co-op run of RE5 on the PS4 if anyone wants to join me. More than happy to play along with new players, I know the game from memory

PSN is LightningCamaro - send me and FR if you're interested, add RE5 in the title of the message and I will accept.

TreIII

Chris with a full beard is gonna be so cool.

Would be the easy character to give an appearance when you think about it. Especially if Dusks detecive thread is on the money and the mansion events spiral into a bigger outbreak. Makes sense for BSAA Chris to show up on the scene.

Yeah, and it would set an appropriate tone.

Incidents about "ghosts" in the bayou and people disappearing aren't enough to really garner the BSAA's attention. But by the time things come to a head in RE7's plot, the BSAA will, of course, be acting reactionary and to the point where it's already almost too late.

But hey, at least Chris will likely be there to welcome Ethan to yet another "family", the BSAA, after all is said and done. We all know Ethan is going to be yet another superhero by the time this is over.

Also:
preemptively calling that Lucas Baker isn't all that bad. He's a twisted sumbitch, still, but I'm willing to bet, based on how his father and mother treat him, that's he's probably the only who could possibly end up on your side. Now, whether he actually lives to the end in any endings is another thing...

Top Bottom