• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City |OT| A New Chanllenge by CAPCPOM & SLANT SIX

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
it's a GFWL title,GFWL will only add more crap to the experience.

Age of the Empires III and Batman: Arkham Asylum implemented GFWL, so I got used to it.
Sure it will kick you out from time to time, but it's always a good idea to save.

What happens when you introduce an obsessive compulsive saver to Resident Evil : REmake?

Answer: Learning when to save when it feels right.

RobbieNick

This will suck so much, can't wait. I wont be able to play it till Friday. :(

Okay, why? Why do you think it will suck?

Has anyone here actually played the game? Is there any hands on reports? I wasn't that interested in the game until I gave it a shot at the Capcom both at Wondercon and I thought it was pretty decent. Not the greatest thing ever, but enjoyable.

Pinbot

Banned
Gameplay vid doesn't look too bad, agreed that it doesn't look like a 3/10. But nothing quality-wise in the realm of Gears, however.

I will trade it in damn fast if it isn't up to scratch. But still quietly excited. Even the sounds accompanying the pick up of a first aid spray got me excited. :D

Ken

Has anyone here actually played the game? Is there any hands on reports? I wasn't that interested in the game until I gave it a shot at the Capcom both at Wondercon and I thought it was pretty decent. Not the greatest thing ever, but enjoyable.

Check the last two pages. A few people have already played it.

I'm so torn on this game. The idea behind it sounds good but it looks very mediocre from all of the footage that I've seen. On the other hand the co-op may be fun enough that I can ignore all the other problems the game might have.

Guess I'll wait until it's $30.

Yes they have. Go to biohaze.com, pretty detailed impressions in there. Plus the one review out there gave it a 3/10.

USF

C9UQZ.jpg

Amazon :*

Foffy

Banned
When is IGN's review of the game dropping? Because according to Greg Miller, people shouldn't buy the game.

Man, first Ninja Gaiden and now Resident Evil? I hope Kid Icarus isn't bad either...

todahawk

Except everything that I've seen has shown they haven't.

But hey, at least now people aren't stuttering and then lagging around before throwing their grenade, so that's a step-up for Slant Sux at least.

Thanks for the reminder, I was really tempted to pick up RE:ORC but you were right about Socom and I've got a huge backlog to finish anyway.

When is IGN's review of the game dropping? Because according to Greg Miller, people shouldn't buy the game.

Man, first Ninja Gaiden and now Resident Evil? I hope Kid Icarus isn't bad either...

another sub-5 score incoming, but this one is probably justified.

they also gave the new Silent Hill a 4.5 and while I respect that it's not for everyone and it does have some performance issues, most people who have played the game agree that the score is total bullshit.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Any early reviews? Particularly for the PC version?

Cmagus

Wow at that score. I thought this game looked really good and interesting. I think I will wait abit and see how other reviews and what not pan out.

Yeah, I think I'm going to get it. I have £30 in credit at Blockbusters and I think I'm going to have a blast online with it.

I don't know if I'm ready to commit $60 to it, but... let's just say that being a fanboy sucks sometimes. It leads to irrational financial decisions.

Pinbot

Banned
How does the campaign work? Are there differences to it depending on what you do, or is it the same shit every time?

From what I've read, there is an AI 'director' just like L4D. Changes what enemies spawn depending on how well you are coping with the level.

bryanee

I don't know if I'm ready to commit $60 to it, but... let's just say that being a fanboy sucks sometimes. It leads to irrational financial decisions.

I probably wouldnt get it if I didnt have the credit, I'd wait for a price drop but I want something new to play and as you said being a fanboy has its issues. Plus I love Racoon City, I've wanted a new adventure there since they blew the place up.

RS4-

Fucking wow, played for 5 mins and it's goddamn terrible.

Enemies are bullet sponges (apparently a shot to the neck area with the most damaging sniper rifle means that I still have to hit them at least 2 more times unless it's a headshot), hit detection in environments are really bad; see an enemy on the other side of stairs, big gap between hand rails? Nope, bullet stopped by invisible walls.

I don't even want to bother writing up the other nonsense in the game.

Curufinwe

The sad thing is I'm really looking for a new 360 game, I got Xbox live Gold a month ago so the multiplayer focus would be OK, and I love Resident Evil, so if this was even a 7/10 sort of effort I would probably get it.

Yuripaw

Banned
Ugh this really sucks. I was looking forward to getting this game, and up until I started reading this thread, I was all set on getting it tomorrow. Now I'm just not sure. I feel like I should be smart and not get it, but I still wanna just see for myself.

Normally if I was torn like, I might wait for a Giantbomb quick look, but with their recent moving into the Cnet offices, I doubt we'll be seeing much in new quick looks from them anytime soon either >_<

Bollocks

Just watching it makes it look like it's a pretty cool game.

This plus coop is the reason I will get this day 1 regardless.
No coop game was ever that bad that I didn't enjoy it.
The first mission alone brings back memories, right inside Umbrella, security breach, red light and shit, all I need is a countdown and it's 1998 all over again. How long did we have to wait to see another RE that is set in RC. I'm hyped!

News Bot

Banned
It confuses me when people rave about the "nostalgia" aspect. Where is it exactly? There is very little if any resemblance to the original games.

Operation Raccoon City takes more inspiration and assets from fan-fiction, the Anderson movies and the Resident Evil Wiki.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a strange thing - there was a line of people camping until the midnight launch tonight at Gamestop in a suburb of Tulsa, Oklahoma. I love the RE series and I'm buying it, but...

Really? Camping out? For this?

News Bot

Banned
Here's a strange thing - there was a line of people camping until the midnight launch tonight at Gamestop in a suburb of Tulsa, Oklahoma. I love the RE series and I'm buying it, but...

Really? Camping out? For this?

I personally just hope it doesn't sell well at all.

Vidiot

I was going to get it tomorrow from Amazon but I canceled my order after seeing the hate and not seeing any reviews. The fact the game is only 4 hours with no split screen killed my excitement too. I will Still get the game eventually, but only when it's cheaper. I'm still playing Revelations for my RE fix and I'm getting Kid Icarus at the end of the week so I'm fine waiting a bit on ORC. I'm just such a huge RE fan that I'll have to get it eventually though.

Man the controls look terrible from that Maximilian video. You can't turn when running and you can't even throw a grenade while you're snapped on a corner.

Kacho

My order has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. I think the hate the game is getting is actually making me more excited to play the game.

I think that actually looks like a lot of fun as long as you know what you are doing

Yeah, it looks kinda fun, but at the same time not. It seems like they need to have more co-op focused modes. If how survivor looked in that video is any indication, it seems like the modes are all just slight variations on DM/TDM.

Damn, didn't even realize this was coming out. Welp, I'm doing a platinum on MGS peace walker right now and have ordered ToG F on amazon.com which will be arriving most likely tomorrow.

I won't be getting around this for a while :p

Top Bottom