• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Sinthetic

The ghosting is out of control in dark areas (if you have 3D set to Strongest in the Options and the Slider set to 100%)... I could see Chris Redfield x 1.5 on Raid Mode. Setting the Slider to 50% seemed to solve it pretty easily. The same results could no doubt be achieved by going 100% on the Slider and setting the 3D to Medium in Options.

delta25

Banned
I've never seen a game on gaf garner this much praise unanimously.

My anticipation for this game is now ten folds higher due in part because of this thread, the demo being the other deciding factor.

Toge

If you want some critiques - I think they should have brought back the old ribbon save system back. Also the swimming parts are a bit meh but overall a great game

Mupod

If you want some critiques - I think they should have brought back the old ribbon save system back.

Please god no. Ribbons were the one thing I hated about the old games.

I was always paranoid about running out of saves, even though I inevitably end up with like 38 of them in the box by the end.

Tenbatsu

I played a lot of Outbreak with friends over Skype. Co-ordination with four people on the hardest difficulty of Outbreak's final chapter, "Decisions Decisions", is one of the greatest video game experiences I've ever had.
In my Desperate Times, I use the
cell phone
lol

Outbreak is the best RE experience to date.

Riposte

If you want some critiques - I think they should have brought back the old ribbon save system back. Also the swimming parts are a bit meh but overall a great game

The ribbon save system should be in more games really. Babbys won't like it though.

kunonabi

save systems really are better for horror games. Respawning two feet away from where you die pretty much eliminates all tension.

So what happens in Revelations when you bite the dust? My hope is that it sends you back to the beginning of the episode.

disco

save systems really are better for horror games. Respawning two feet away from where you die pretty much eliminates all tension.

So what happens in Revelations when you bite the dust? My hope is that it sends you back to the beginning of the episode.

Hmm, wait and see. :p

Mafro

Whoopee! Got my first legendary weapon for raid mode.
Drake, a one handed, double barrle shotgun. Looks like something out of devil may cry. Lol pretty cool handling and super short reload times
Oh is that what the gold weapons are? I unlocked this thing that looks like an old-fashioned AK-47. Slower rate of fire than a normal machine gun, but ridiculously powerful.

Neiteio

What was the name of the song that played during the final confrontation with Wesker in the volcano? That was also an incredible song and worked wonderfully with one of the RE5 trailers, if I recall correctly.

The bonus stage in Raid Mode is amazing. The whole ship is available, multiple ways to finish it and it's really challenging. Me and this guy went a certain way and ended up against level 43 enemies D:

Looking forward to finding the "true" exit for it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Amazon emailed me to let me know this now qualifies for release date delivery. Maybe it already did and they just applied it to my order, but it's news to me.

I was interested in this game, but I just watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look of it and it looks really average. The loading especially was laughable. Combat looks way too clunky, as well.

Think I'll give it a miss.

Holy freakin' crap - my day off and Zavvi delivered, in the literal sense. So bundle is here and I'm living in Germany - not bad at all. No customs shenanigans either. Seems it was shipped from Belgium, which would explain all of that. Guess it's for stuff that is over the custom's threshold.

CPP feels good but the shoulder triggers are really mushy, but since I got the bundle for less than what the game goes for I can't complain (around €37). I do pity the people who didn't go for this insane deal.

I was interested in this game, but I just watched the Giant Bomb Quick Look of it and it looks really average. The loading especially was laughable. Combat looks way too clunky, as well.

Well you could always, you know, play the demo. Combat is not clunky at all (in terms of RE).

Does anyone have a pic of the inventory screen? Please tell me it's not that abomination they used in RE5.

I haven't missed an RE game to date, but the thought of having to use the RE5 inventory again after just finishing RE4HD is enough for me to reconsider buying a 3DS just for this game.

I will when I get a 3DS :p I don't think I'll like it, though. The characters, locations and UI didn't look like they'd be up my alley.
Yeah, sounds like you were really on the cusp of picking it up. :p

Anyway, I haven't watched the quick look, but the demo was a lot better than "average". If the level of quality is consistently as high throughout the entire experience Capcom's claim about the quality of a mainline RE might not be as exaggerated as I first imagined. Right off the bat I found Revelations more enjoyable than what I played of 5.

wrowa

For all the bad word of mouth Zavvi gets around here, I really have to praise them this time. My REvelations Circle Pad bundle arrived this morning. From the UK to Germany in just a few days time is pretty good.

tolkir

Does anyone have a pic of the inventory screen? Please tell me it's not that abomination they used in RE5.

I haven't missed an RE game to date, but the thought of having to use the RE5 inventory again after just finishing RE4HD is enough for me to reconsider buying a 3DS just for this game.

resident-evil-revelations-3ds-controls.jpg

trinest

For all the bad word of mouth Zavvi gets around here, I really have to praise them this time. My REvelations Circle Pad bundle arrived this morning. From the UK to Germany in just a few days time is pretty good.

The Hut Group runs a great site and has great prices. However when it comes to shipping it is just very hit and miss. For example importing to Australia sometimes it is 5 days, other times it is a month. It is very unpredictable at times and that is what causes it problems.

NeoRausch

Oh is that what the gold weapons are? I unlocked this thing that looks like an old-fashioned AK-47. Slower rate of fire than a normal machine gun, but ridiculously powerful.
Hmmm? Gold? Nope, but pretty badass looking. And i've unlocked an archievment saying that i've got my first legen....wait for it.... ......DARY weapon with that one.

I thibk i've gotten it from a streetpass mission... Not sure about that.

You don't really have (and need) an inventory screen. Herbs are used by pressing "A". You switch weapons via the D-Pad or the touscreen. It's more realtime, just like in the excellent Mercenaries 3D.

There is an "inventory" for keys, logs and stuff, but you don't need to open it while you are playing.

I will when I get a 3DS :p I don't think I'll like it, though. The characters, locations and UI didn't look like they'd be up my alley.
Strange, they all feel very RE thus far, so if you like RE it should be right up your alley. As for UI, it's all more easily accessible now through the touchscreen, don't know if that's a positive or negative for you.

Check your package, mine was sent to Germany via Belgium, which would explain fast shipping and no customs.

Locke_211

Might be just me, but I found the ghosting gets a lot better if you move the screen further away. Was lying down in the dark playing it and the ghosting was crazy, but that was with the screen right up in my face - when I held it a little further, the ghosting was hardly there.

Might be just me, but I found the ghosting gets a lot better if you move the screen further away. Was lying down in the dark playing it and the ghosting was crazy, but that was with the screen right up in my face - when I held it a little further, the ghosting was hardly there.
It's not you. I don't understand people that say "this game has bad ghosting" when it all depends on how you hold your 3DS.

I was going cross-eyed I was holding it so close to my face.

wrowa

Check your package, mine was sent to Germany via Belgium, which would explain fast shipping and no customs.
Surprisingly enough, you are right. Would be nice if they ship more often from Belgium from now on -- the times of 3 weeks of European travel journeys would be finally over.

Got it :)
Same here. Germany, package sent from Brussel. All this Zavvi hate really scared me, but waiting for 3 more days and saving 24€ feels good now.

Surprisingly enough, you are right. Would be nice if they ship more often from Belgium from now on -- the times of 3 weeks of European travel journeys would be finally over.
Yeah, if they did that I'd probably do all my shopping there. This has been the fastest for anything shipped outside of Germany to my house.

Got it :)
Same here. Germany, package sent from Brussel. All this Zavvi hate really scared me, but waiting for 3 more days and saving 24€ feels good now.
Yeah they're no better or worse than other online retailers (at least in my experience). Makes you almost feel bad for the people that were scared away from the deal.

Top Bottom