• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

randomwab

Outbreak was so good online.

Reuniting with other players online after 45 minutes was the best experience.

Outbreaks gameplay, with the combat swapped out for Revelations, would be perfect. Four people exploring big, open, classic RE environments, solving puzzles together and fighting slower creatures with decent combat and controls. Add voice chat and...online Resident Evil perfection.

So spoiler tag it for people who don't want to know but could someone please tell me if there are campaign alternate costume like in the other games? And if so, what are they?

kunonabi

Outbreaks gameplay, with the combat swapped out for Revelations, would be perfect. Four people exploring big, open, classic RE environments, solving puzzles together and fighting slower creatures with decent combat and controls. Add voice chat and...online Resident Evil perfection.

voice chat would ruin Outbreak.

8+ hours is pretty good for an RE title, most of them can be beaten in that length of time and even half that time when you know what you're doing.

kunonabi

Well CVX Freak should be a clue of how highly he regards Redient Evil: Code Veronica X in the series. ;)

RE1 above REmake?

I liked Chris's character and design better, the game was harder, most of the stuff added to the main game in the Remake was pretty pointless, speed and knife runs were way too easy,and the one thing the remake should have addressed wasn't.

I still love the Remake and I even modded my GC to play the import but I prefer the original despite my love of the extra modes and the extra stuff with Richard.

Neiteio

I'm really looking forward to this game, but I have one concern: The demo makes the enemies seem really "spongy." I love their designs -- the Ooze look amazing, don't get me wrong -- but they don't react much when shot. I guess this makes things scarier, like an unrelenting wall of death slowly approaching, but it diminishes some of the give-and-take, back-and-forth that made combat in RE4 and RE5 so fun. Is there a "trick" to fighting the Ooze, so there's more feedback as to when they're damaged, etc?

Also, do they ever explain Rachel? I know she winds up as a crazy-ass monster that stalks and shit but do they ever explain what this hottie with a weird hairdo was doing on the boat in the first place? Or why she's so, you know, over the top in her appearance?

Sylver

Banned
Revelations 2?
It's possible but have no sense Revelations already takes place on 2004/2005, a sequel sure (or not) would be beyond, it appears when talk about Chris and Jill and says something like nightmare just begins (I played in spanish and said su pesadilla no ha hecho más que empezar) or something similar XD, that sequence is from the Remake intro. REmake port in 3D?

kunonabi

I played a lot of Outbreak with friends over Skype. Co-ordination with four people on the hardest difficulty of Outbreak's final chapter, "Decisions Decisions", is one of the greatest video game experiences I've ever had.

You lose the tension that comes without knowing if your partners or alive or dead. Having to make decisions in regards to sticking with the plan or possibly making a last minute save was just too awesome to lose to constant knowledge of you partner's situation. So many great moments in my Outbreak days would never have happened if we had voice chat.

I will admit that File#2 is another matter. Those stages were much too huge, time intensive, and borderline impossible if your partners died.

I'd be cool with voice chat if it could be limited to a radio item or when characters were in the same room.

randomwab

You lose the tension that comes without knowing if your partners or alive or dead. Having to make decisions in regards to sticking with the plan or possibly making a last minute save was just too awesome to lose to constant knowledge of you partner's situation. So many great moments in my Outbreak days would never have happened if we had voice chat.

I will admit that File#2 is another matter. Those stages were much too huge, time intensive, and borderline impossible if your partners died.

I'd be cool with voice chat if it could be limited to a radio item or when characters were in the same room.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I mentioned Decisions Decisions because it was the one Outbreak chapter that matched File 2 in size and complexity, and on the harder difficulties it helped to talk. But I mean, I played Outbreak File 2 a LOT when the PAL servers were up, and never used voice chat and still loved it.

At the end of the day, I just want more Outbreak. In any form.

kunonabi

Yeah I want a new Outbreak more than anything else. I bought a fridge, a network adaptor, and convinced my parents to get broadband internet and run let me run a long ass ethernet cable up to my room just to play it.

Decisions, Decisions was just the right size. I loved that stage so much. Greg was awesome.

Honestly, I'd rather them put VC chat in since it would do more for the game's longevity. I don't have a headset so it wouldn't really affect me anyway.

anyone here play the RE DBG? I got the rest of the Outbreak cast yesterday so I'm even more amped about Outbreak than usual.

I'm really looking forward to this game, but I have one concern: The demo makes the enemies seem really "spongy." I love their designs -- the Ooze look amazing, don't get me wrong -- but they don't react much when shot. I guess this makes things scarier, like an unrelenting wall of death slowly approaching, but it diminishes some of the give-and-take, back-and-forth that made combat in RE4 and RE5 so fun. Is there a "trick" to fighting the Ooze, so there's more feedback as to when they're damaged, etc?

They do react don't worry - they'll take a few shots, stumble at times, fall back - then you can also melee them when their hurt.

They work really well I've found - especially in that setting.

NeoRausch

So spoiler tag it for people who don't want to know but could someone please tell me if there are campaign alternate costume like in the other games? And if so, what are they?
I'm in the last third of story mode now.
nothing yet, everything with alternate costumes seems to be raid mode only. Maybe on new game, dunno

NeoRausch

How bad are the enemy designs? New 8-4 play made it sound like the worst thing ever.
Bad? Nah....pretty generic and boring...yeah. Gray matter, shiny surface, shelled skin, spastic movment (think silent hill)

The enemies give a nice fight, pretty cool. But whoever was responsible for the design....yeah kick him.

Bad? Nah....pretty generic and boring...yeah. Gray matter, shiny surface, shelled skin, spastic movment (think silent hill)

The enemies give a nice fight, pretty cool. But whoever was responsible for the design....yeah kick him.

I disagree, they are similar to the Regenerators without the regeneration and creepy sounds

Mafro

Completed it earlier. Fantastic game, definitely one of the best in the series. I hope Resi 6 does the whole switching between characters and settings as good as this.

Can't wait to get stuck into more raid mode.

NeoRausch

Whoopee! Got my first legendary weapon for raid mode.
Drake, a one handed, double barrle shotgun. Looks like something out of devil may cry. Lol pretty cool handling and super short reload times

NICE.

I am not like many here in focusing on music(though I still value it) in games but a game like this, it's essential to have atmospheric moody/creepy tunes.

yeah It has alot of the creepy atmospheric music of the early games also has a good "sad,classical"sounding main theme like Moonlight Sonata(RE1) and Outbreak's intro theme.

Does the game have bitchin boss music? Bitchin boss music has been a staple of the entire series, even going back to RE1 (final boss). RE2 had the Tyrant on the lowering platform music, final boss (choir one), RE3 had the final Nemesis battle music which was amazing, CV had the Tyrant on the plane boss music which kicked ass, RE4 didn't really have one (for me anyway) and RE5's boss music is some of the best I've ever heard.

OH Zero had some great boss music too. Like I said, it's a franchise staple.

Reknoc

Okay, finished the campaign on normal, now I can finally give all of my attention to Raid Mode. Woo!

Really only one new complaint after finishing it up and that's the bosses.

Oh and the graphics are pretty stunning, but it does falter a bit with metal objects. Also the lack of lip movement on character models is pretty jarring, in fact for added fun look at one of the characters when playing as Parker for the stupidest facial expression to be stuck in.

Did anyone else have troubles with the voices desyncing during some cutscenes?

Arklite

I am so tempted to buy a 3DS for just this game. I did buy a Gamecube just for Resident Evil 0, REmake and Resident Evil 4...

In the same boat, though I waited to see if RE4 ever made a transition and it did rather quickly. Still had to by a GC later for REmake and Zero, though. Seriously tempted to get the handheld right now for the demo.

Dino Crisis had a better save room music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1LHG6PCtiE

But then again, Resident Evil 3 had the best!

Never played Dino Crisis so I have no nostalgia for it but yeah that's a good track.
I like Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil Code Veronica's save themes the best.

Looks like Retronauts will have a podcast on Resident Evil this week. http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9094822
Also, listening to 8-4 play's 1.5 hours of talk on the RE series to pass the time until the game comes out! http://8-4.jp/blog/?p=478

Top Bottom