• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Could anyone help label which characters you unlock for completing what in Raid Mode? Trying to compile a complete list, and just need to know which characters you unlock for completing the following requirements:

-Reach Raid Mode Player Level 30
-Clear all Raid Mode stages on Trench Difficulty
-Clear all Raid Mode stages on Abyss Difficulty
-Obtain all Super Rare Weapons in Raid Mode
-Clear all Raid Mode stages with an S-Rank
-Reach Raid Mode Player Level 50
-Complete 50 Missions
-Complete 100 Missions

Any help is appreciated.

Magnus

Can't wait for this on Tuesday.

Are any of your copies actually typo'd on the spine? Or did they correct that in time for the main release?

Shameless self advertisement incoming:

I've put up the first installment of my Review diary, detailing my thoughts on the Story mode and the presentation of the game.

Some excerpts as the whole piece is rather long:

I'm going to detail controls and Multiplayer mode in the next days. I was interested in making a diary style review for a game, and I would appreciate some input as to how this format could be used for great effect.

Great review you have there.

Anth0ny

I won't be picking up a Circle Pad Pro with this. I'm perfectly fine with RE4 controls.

I'll bite when Kid Icarus is released.

Shameless self advertisement incoming:

I've put up the first installment of my Review diary, detailing my thoughts on the Story mode and the presentation of the game.

Some excerpts as the whole piece is rather long:

I'm going to detail controls and Multiplayer mode in the next days. I was interested in making a diary style review for a game, and I would appreciate some input as to how this format could be used for great effect.

Good review. Well written as well. It helps make the time go by in anticipation of this hitting on February 7th as well.

After watching the Giant Bomb quicklook I wanna get this now. I dont know if I should wait for a redesign of the 3DS(i dont own a 3DS currently) or does anyone think there might be a chance this gets ported over to the vita?

After watching the Giant Bomb quicklook I wanna get this now. I dont know if I should wait for a redesign of the 3DS(i dont own a 3DS currently) or does anyone think there might be a chance this gets ported over to the vita?

A port to the Vita and various other platforms is more than likely, but who knows when it happens if it happens.

Just finished it. Went on for longer than I thought which was a nice surprise. In the end I really enjoyed it. Up there with 1, 2 and 4 for me in terms of the best in the series, even if it doesn't surpass any of them.

Gonna get started into Raid Mode later or tomorrow.

randomwab

Completed this last night. Awful new characters, awful story, awful dialogue and awful writing, but first class combat, wonderful pacing, surprisingly longer than expected and just an overall delight to play. Can't wait to throw myself back into it for New Game+ and Raid Mode.

I didn't have many reservations about RE6, but playing this makes me think it's in good hands. Can't wait.

CoolS

Completed this last night. Awful new characters, awful story, awful dialogue and awful writing, but first class combat, wonderful pacing, surprisingly longer than expected and just an overall delight to play. Can't wait to throw myself back into it for New Game+ and Raid Mode.

I didn't have many reservations about RE6, but playing this makes me think it's in good hands. Can't wait.

I'm only up to episode 8 , so I haven't completed the story yet but so far I disagree. The story is surprisingly fun. But I'll wait how it turns out before I give my final verdict.
And Parker really is a great character, I really, really like him. Jesica is ok.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The extra week-long wait is killing me

Yeah, it ain't right that the no. 1 country is getting it last. I want it now.

Anyways, I played the demo a few more times, and I'm getting pretty psyched. I'm gonna have to go with the CPP since I find it pretty uncomfortable to use the 3DS's shoulder buttons so often.

Posted? French AD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfPYrxg_8zA

Death at her being teased by the "staff only" warning.

Mmmm, why didnt NoE use this commercial for all europe. In Spain the shitty commercial voice is horrible (the voice is infamous for doing shitty infocommercials).

Come on Parker is pretty awesome. At least in spanish, I dont know if the russian type voice of the english dub would make me hate him.
And the story and ialog is no worse than in any other resident evil.
Resident Evil 4 had Galicians speaking mexican, and pesetas as money currency (lol gold pieces) when spain clearly uses the euro, for fucks sake.

NeoRausch

Quick question. In chapter 6,
will there be any of those stupid monsters on water?

I just beat chapter 5 and I really hate those.

you're in for a treat! :) don't forget: shack granades (or wherever they are called in english) insta kill these water guys!

Does it support the "Join Friend" feature?

Now thats one good question! any answeres! anybody wanna hook up and try it out? PM if so!

them monsters in the water annoying as hell!

also can someone tell capcom that in the UK you have a resident evil game that just released.

Why do I keep seeing resident evil 6 adverts but no revelations. It baffles me considering Resident Evil 6 is out Q4 2012.

FUCK FUCK FUCK THE FINAL BOSS FUCK HIM IN THE ASS!
the worst thing of all is that I know about the weapon box glitch (lol how is it possible to beat with out it, its not like Jill can jump when the fucking godamn boss strikes in the floor) but he beats me up like shit during the thirsd round, when he starts to run and shit.
Its there some secret? How the fuck do I know which boss is the real one when he creates a mirror?, im wasting bullets always hitting the fake one.

Sweet music though lol

kunonabi

Completed this last night. Awful new characters, awful story, awful dialogue and awful writing, but first class combat, wonderful pacing, surprisingly longer than expected and just an overall delight to play.

Pretty much what I expected. RE's story and characters went right down the crapper when CV and 0 hit. Billy and and the Outbreak cast and villains being exceptions to that. The demo was stupidly fun on hell mode so I figured the full game would deliver on that end.

FUCK FUCK FUCK THE FINAL BOSS FUCK HIM IN THE ASS!
the worst thing of all is that I know about the weapon box glitch (lol how is it possible to beat with out it, its not like Jill can jump when the fucking godamn boss strikes in the floor) but he beats me up like shit during the thirsd round, when he starts to run and shit.
Its there some secret? How the fuck do I know which boss is the real one when he creates a mirror?, im wasting bullets always hitting the fake one.

Sweet music though lol

I didn't find it 'too' hard:

His first range of striking attacks, shoot him till hes stumbles, then won't attack. Same when he does the 'double boss' attack, look for purple smoke out his mouth - thats the real one. When he 'runs' at you, you need to run past him (where hes 'doubled' its really easy, run straight through the middle of the two before they run into each other) then attack - best hit is the obvious play, the parasite cone bit on his back.

Just keep doing that, and use your commonsense in the rest and should be quite possible tbh.

Ok just beated the game (11 hours 9 minutes). yeah, it was the
purple smoke on his mouth, I dont know why i didnt even see it the first times. Also the 6 granades that I also didnt remembered I had, lol became quite handy.

The game was amazing form start to finish. Apat from all the things I have said about the game in this thread Im going to add, having heard all of the music , is that the soundtrack is completly fantastic.
I love that finally
I could hear without voices the music of the "previously on" sections as the final credits theme

Also where does this resident evil take place?
at the end Jill and Chris arrive to a mansion
And what about
Jessica and Raymond, are they the new wesker? lol

EDIT:
Ok I just read the resident evil wiki.

Toge

I didn't find it 'too' hard:

His first range of striking attacks, shoot him till hes stumbles, then won't attack. Same when he does the 'double boss' attack, look for purple smoke out his mouth - thats the real one. When he 'runs' at you, you need to run past him (where hes 'doubled' its really easy, run straight through the middle of the two before they run into each other) then attack - best hit is the obvious play, the parasite cone bit on his back.

Just keep doing that, and use your commonsense in the rest and should be quite possible tbh.

thank you! finally, someone posted some real tips

Capndrake

Could anyone help label which characters you unlock for completing what in Raid Mode? Trying to compile a complete list, and just need to know which characters you unlock for completing the following requirements:

-Reach Raid Mode Player Level 30
-Clear all Raid Mode stages on Trench Difficulty
-Clear all Raid Mode stages on Abyss Difficulty
-Obtain all Super Rare Weapons in Raid Mode
-Clear all Raid Mode stages with an S-Rank
-Reach Raid Mode Player Level 50
-Complete 50 Missions
-Complete 100 Missionsi

Any help is appreciated.

Level 30: Chris, outfit 2
Level 40: Jessica, outfit 2 or 3
Trench: Jessica, outfit 2 or 3 (Got these two at the same time, so I don't know which is which)
Abyss: O'Brian (Only 1 outfit)
All rare weapons: Norman (Only 1 outfit)
All S ranks: Just changes the colour of your name when playing online
50 missions: Keith, outfit 2

Didn't get 100 missions and level 50 yet.

Holy fuck just played RAID mode for the first time. So AWESOME!
Online worked perfectly. Me and a guy did the first two missions, it was very fun, to bad you cant talk with him, not even predone messages.

Will play with a friend with skype.

Effect

How is the easy mode in the game? Can you switch difficulties on the fly? One of the concerns I'm having now is how difficult the boss battles will end up being. I would like to play the game on normal but don't want to reach a point where I simply can't beat the game because of the bosses. The first boss battle I watched just seemed unfair for a first boss battle. Granted I'm not a big RE player so perhaps that's the norm.

Okay, finished it yesterday and, like I said earlier, it's still the worst Resident Evil I've ever played (and I played almost all of them^^).

Good: Graphics, Queen Zenobia - Level, controls (with CPP)

Bad: Everything else

Spruchy

Okay, finished it yesterday and, like I said earlier, it's still the worst Resident Evil I've ever played (and I played almost all of them^^).

Wow, because of this indepth review I'm no longer buying it. Thanks man! Glad to know the Queen Zenobia level is good.

Carbonox

them monsters in the water annoying as hell!

also can someone tell capcom that in the UK you have a resident evil game that just released.

Why do I keep seeing resident evil 6 adverts but no revelations. It baffles me considering Resident Evil 6 is out Q4 2012.

wat

Where are you seeing Resident Evil 6 advertisements?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but for me this is already far beyond RE5 (and I played the superior PC version).

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Why can I not find this game in any stores in the UK? I looked in Grainger's, Blockbusters, Tesco and Sainsbury's - nothing! Where's the best price for it in the UK?

Luigiv

Any chance this will be released on Vita down the line?

*Shrug*

It'll be ported to something else sooner or later but whether that something else is the Vita remains to be seen. Technically the game should be fairly easy to port to pretty much any platform but the UI would require a total redesign to work on a single screen. A Wii U port would be the easiest, I guess.

And what's the Aus release date?

Thursday.

Top Bottom