• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think a Vita port is pretty much inevitable. There is nothing about it that couldn't translate to the Vita. Who knows how long it'll be before it's ported, though, could be at least a year.

StuBurns

Banned
I'd say that depends on the success of PSV.
I don't. It would cost less to port RE:R to PSV than it cost to produce the Mercs for 3DS when it's success was still uncertain.

That's assuming it was textured with higher res assets then down scaled. If it was specifically made for the 3DS resolution, it probably won't go anywhere.

So I started playing this yesterday and it's good stuff. But the CP Pro feels so weird. Feels so gimmicky! Not sure if I will get used to it or switch back to standard controls.

CoolS

You know what's killing me the most in this game? The swimming controls. They are just wrong. If i push the stick up, swim down Jill, damnit!

Gambit

Just got it. Thank you, zavvi. Sorry I didn't trust you.

I'm pretty sure it could have arrived yesterday (as it did for others in Germany), but the postman was appearantly too lazy to come by at all yesterday. Never mind, I've got it now. And in time to collect 3D Kid Icarus.

I shan't play the game till the evening, though. Resident Evil is best played in the dark, I think.

I don't. It would cost less to port RE:R to PSV than it cost to produce the Mercs for 3DS when it's success was still uncertain.

That's assuming it was textured with higher res assets then down scaled. If it was specifically made for the 3DS resolution, it probably won't go anywhere.
Why would you port something on a system if it isn't successful? To make some chump change? A company's attention/money can be invested better even if you outsource.

Mercs 3DS is a different thing altogether. Going by what we were being told in the Iwata asks Capcom put Mercs on the 3DS to have something out close to the launch (build a fanbase etc.) and help with the development of Revelations (both teams shared some staff and the games were developed simultaneously).

So I don't see the inevitability of a PSV port.

Mdk7

Just got it. Thank you, zavvi. Sorry I didn't trust you.

I'm pretty sure it could have arrived yesterday (as it did for others in Germany), but the postman was appearantly too lazy to come by at all yesterday. Never mind, I've got it now. And in time to collect 3D Kid Icarus.

I shan't play the game till the evening, though. Resident Evil is best played in the dark, I think.

Glad to see everyone got their copy from Zavvi... Except for me. D:
Is there anyone else from Italy who bought the game from them? If yes, have you already got your hands on it?
Thanks!

Sadist

Huh, I guess Zavvi ships faster towards Germany than Holland. Delivery estimates are 5 to 7 workdays according to the mail I received. That means it should arrive tomorrow/Thursday/Friday.

haikira

Just finished Episode 7. This game has really revitalized my love in a system that just a month ago i was ready to sell off. The demo sold me on a pre order for the game and while i waited on it's release, i bought Mario Land 3D. Absolutely love both games.

I think RE:R strikes a good balance between the styles of RE. It's really nice having that feeling of slowly unlocking an area again. I've also been creeped out for the first time since RE1 remake. I done a 180 while looking out the genesis and shit a brick when an enemy lunged at me. The graphics and general presentation of this game are crazy good too.

I don't want to place it until I've finished it. But so far i'd prefer it over RE5. For the record though. I'm not an RE5 hater. I had plenty fun finishing it with a friend. But i do consider it the weakest of the series.

Cookychan

Banned
Awww man, bring on the 2nd.
Picking up the game and the CCP. Also, this may sound stupid, but is anyone who got the "Revelaitons" cover actually keeping it? The cover I mean, not the game.

You have a very poor grasp of the word 'begging'.

Have I? You sure there would be asking at least 2 people on every page when the vita version is coming (As if anyone knows the answer here) if the game would be out on HD consoles?
I think there would only be more port 'talk' if it would have launched on Wii... But well, maybe it's just me...

FreeMufasa

Why can I not find this game in any stores in the UK? I looked in Grainger's, Blockbusters, Tesco and Sainsbury's - nothing! Where's the best price for it in the UK?

Capcom didn't ship much but a lot of people are buying the game. You'll probably have to wait for a second shipment.

I'm jumping back and forth between Story and Raid. I'm only at Ep. 6 so I have only the first set of Raid missions unlocked. But I S-Ranked them, am Level 15, have an awesome Government Pistol with >1200 Damage and 2 slots as well as a Rare Weapon. Farming the store is a bit tedious though. (entering and exiting generates new weapons) ABABABABABABABABAB "OH! nice gun!" ABABABABABABABAB "Aaah same gun with better stats". *buys anyways*

Yes, exactly as they did with SSF4 on the 3DS.
They wanted to be on board at launch. Hardly comparable. A PSV port might come, no doubt. There's no inevitability though *broken record*.

What is all this port talk about. Ahhh I forgot, game came out on a Nintendo console. My mistake, keep on begging :|
No, it's "port assuming". Apparently that's OK although it derails threads all the same.

Just finished Episode 7. This game has really revitalized my love in a system that just a month ago i was ready to sell off. The demo sold me on a pre order for the game and while i waited on it's release, i bought Mario Land 3D. Absolutely love both games.
Is that a "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" avatar? Internet high five if so.

wrowa

I'm in Episode 3 now. REvelations is really a lot of fun so far, but what really bothers me is the framerate. :/ The game's almost never displayed fluently and it's pretty noticeable that it's running with low FPS.

Celine

I'm in Episode 3 now. REvelations is really a lot of fun so far, but what really bothers me is the framerate. :/ The game's almost never displayed fluently and it's pretty noticeable that it's running with low FPS.
3D or both 2D and 3D ?

The only hard frame rate drops I noticed so far were during the elevator loading sections in chapter 3 where the game almost freezes. In combat everything went smooth (enough) for me.

3D or both 2D and 3D ?
Framerate is the same. It's not buttery smooth, that's for sure. Never had a problem with it though and I'm usually very allergic to this stuff.

The loading will give you a big drop, but although that's very noticeable it doesn't get in the way of gameplay.

haikira

Is that a "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" avatar? Internet high five if so.

It sure is. Massive fan of anything with Kang-ho Song. Memories of Murder is one of my all time favorite films.

So i'm half on topic. I have to say. This game is a lot longer than i would have expected. On 7.41 so far and it looks like there's still a bit to go.

GJS

I reluctantly picked up the Zavvi Bundle which came today and the game is great, I've only completed the first episode so far as I have exams soon, but it really got me jumpy.

Although I did want to wait with Raid my curiosity won me over and I gave it a quick shot. Seems pretty great so far. I especially liked the
different sizes for the enemies. Midget ooze had me laugh.

It sure is. Massive fan of anything with Kang-ho Song. Memories of Murder is one of my all time favorite films.

So i'm half on topic. I have to say. This game is a lot longer than i would have expected. On 7.41 so far and it looks like there's still a bit to go.
Dude is a boss. Never watched Memories of Murder - ordered right away.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Game is amaaaazing. Finished chapter 2 and tried to do some missions while playing which extends the playtime quite a bit (Did 20 dodges, and trying melee finishers now). Finished chapter 1&2 after 2 hours. 1 hour for each chapter? I could live with that :p

(Plus hard mode, and raid mode, and more mission, oh god I love it)

Edit: I dont think I can emphasize how sweet these missions are. It gives another way to play certain parts of the game. I wouldnt have thought of trying to get enemies to stagger repeatedly to see how it works without them. And sweet loot.

delta25

Banned
Game is amaaaazing. Finished chapter 2 and tried to do some missions while playing which extends the playtime quite a bit (Did 20 dodges, and trying melee finishers now). Finished chapter 1&2 after 2 hours. 1 hour for each chapter? I could live with that :p

(Plus hard mode, and raid mode, and more mission, oh god I love it)

Edit: I dont think I can emphasize how sweet these missions are. It gives another way to play certain parts of the game. I wouldnt have thought of trying to get enemies to stagger repeatedly to see how it works without them. And sweet loot.

Stop with these gushing impressions, its only making it far worse for me.

Goddamn Europeans... ;)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Guys? Its in the manual so I assume its no spoiler, but I got a few questions regarding the missions.

1. Do completed missions carry over to the next game? Once you did a mission, you can "choose" to activate it now and then it will delete itself after a while. So if I want to keep a mission objective for my hard playthrough would I need to keep it unactivated until the hardmode or will I get every mission achievement I unlocked in normal before in Hard too?

2. How do I get online missions? I'll never ever meet someone with Streetpass who has the game and the manual said you can get missions via online play, how does that work? Every player I meet online gives me 1 mission? Or I can meet up with a player 10 times to get 10 missions? Or simply doing raid mode online without another player unlocks new missions?

Played just the beginning.
What I got is:
1) Italian dub is quite bad.
2) 3D sound is great.

I changed to english dub immediately. If you arent perfect in english you could keep the italian sub though. I would never play this game in german. Ugh.

Stop with these gushing impressions, its only making it far worse for me.

Goddamn Europeans... ;)

Now that you mention it, I should go play some more!

Now that you mention it, I should go play some more!

lol good advice to yourself :D

By the way, anyone interested to do some Raid later tonight? Did the first seven missions with a ramdom and it was FUN. Maybe we could organize voice chat (Skype, PSN, Xbox LIVE would work on my side).

But first I will play chapter 4-6 to unlock the next chunk of Raid awesome!

... I don't wanna sound like the story isn't fun by itself. It's amazing!

NeoRausch

2. How do I get online missions? I'll never ever meet someone with Streetpass who has the game and the manual said you can get missions via online play, how does that work? Every player I meet online gives me 1 mission? Or I can meet up with a player 10 times to get 10 missions? Or simply doing raid mode online without another player unlocks new missions?

Just play with some people (friends or random) online and it will give you a mission after you finished your session.
no idea about the second part of your question, never met someone twice till now. and never waited to do a StreetPass-Mission.. GOTTA DO THEM IN TIME! ALL OF THEM!!! Fantastic shit! :)

Thanks.

Follow up question.

Once I use 10 play coins to unlock a weapon in Raid mode, is it unlocked forever, or per session?

hey, you bought it at a high price! it's yours. the guns stay. and you can pimp the shit out of them

Top Bottom