• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

M3d10n

So, who is going to be the hero who will sacrifice by using the demo 30 times and checking if it can be downloaded again?

It won't work. I was thinking myself of various theories about how the limits were implemented... then I remembered the Activity Log.

It's obvious the demos can access the Activity Log data to check how many times they were played and such data remains even if you delete the demo or swap SD cards. The only way to clear it is to format the 3DS.

wrowa

Great demo. Nice, haunting atmosphere. I've just preordered it.

When it comes to controls, I will use CC Pro, as I didn't know, that you can aim while moving your character. Sure, I can do it on ABXY, but I think that it will work better on frankenstick.

You can also move while aiming with the slide pad if you aim with gyro controls.

I don't think the gyro controls work as well in REvelations as they do in OoT3D, though...

wrowa

It won't work. I was thinking myself of various theories about how the limits were implemented... then I remembered the Activity Log.

It's obvious the demos can access the Activity Log data to check how many times they were played and such data remains even if you delete the demo or swap SD cards. The only way to clear it is to format the 3DS.

Fun fact: I haven't played a single 3DS game more than 30 times, lol

Good OP!

I cant wait for this game. The spanish dub seems magnificent and the game great.

Is the demo only for the americna store or does the european store also have it?
Well, I had to read one page more. lol Going to donload now!

wrowa

Good OP!

I cant wait for this game. The spanish dub seems magnificent and the game great.

Is the demo only for the americna store or does the european store also have it?
Well, I had to read one page more. lol Going to donload now!

Muahahah, Europe? Europe doesn't get demos, dream on!

It's online. Right now. :p

Can't wait. Feb 7th seems so far away.

How long is the demo guys and what sections does it include?

It's very short, maybe 15 or 20 minutes (if you don't rush through it, that is).

wsippel

Banned

Doesn't even have to be related to the activity log. I believe it's the ticket, which stays on your system even after you delete the corresponding application. I believe that even on Wii, the tickets can contain limits, like a certain number of times an application can be executed, or a certain timeframe after which applications self destruct (that flag was seemingly intended for rentals). It was never used back then, but the 3DS most likely uses the exact same BroadOn/ iGware DRM infrastructure.

Played through the demo again. The gyro controls are indeed pretty cool. Very fast and more precise than I imagined.
What bothers me, though, is that the laser sight wont go through an enemy when you killed him. With the way it currently is it's sometimes hard to tell if the enemy is dying or just struggling.

Buying this to make sure the 3DS passes Capcom's "test".

Also, because holy shit new RE in RE4 style with OG style pacing. Awesome!

wrowa

Played through the demo again. The gyro controls are indeed pretty cool. Very fast and more precise than I imagined.
What bothers me, though, is that the laser sight wont go through an enemy when you killed him. With the way it currently is it's sometimes hard to tell if the enemy is dying or just struggling.

It's way to easy to waste ammo the way it is now. Which is annoying, considering that you have to use your ammo wisely in REvelations :/

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Definitely! 1149 Blocks for the demo! DL-ing NOW!

Nice now I just got to wait until home time now :(
so 30 plays through, ahh the 30 times does that mean each time you start it or to completion of the demo? power off the 3DS before completion = infinite replayability, Troll Demo Science!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The game looks incredible. 3D maxed, both on the slider and in game enhancement, is very impressive. Excellent engine and art.

For the first time ever though I'm going to have a hard time deciding between 2D and 3D. The AA implemented in 2D is incredibly clean, meanwhile 3D is jaggy hell.

yes. After a while though I'm not sure I felt the 3D was necessary, so might go with 2D. Oh, just read it has gyro aiming. I found the normal aiming a bit too binary and difficult to get headshots. If Gyro is much simpler to use, that might cement my use of 2D mode

This might be a silly question, but why were the zombies grey things? Haven't played a RE game since not finishing CV on the Dreamcast, so I'm still used to them looking mostly like classic zombies.

Scanning was kind of fun, made it feel like Impossible Mission.

yes. After a while though I'm not sure I felt the 3D was necessary, so might go with 2D. Oh, just read it has gyro aiming. I found the normal aiming a bit too binary and difficult to get headshots. If Gyro is much simpler to use, that might cement my use of 2D mode

This might be a silly question, but why were the zombies grey things? Haven't played a RE game since not finishing CV on the Dreamcast, so I'm still used to them looking mostly like classic zombies.

Scanning was kind of fun, made it feel like Impossible Mission.

Well, because they're not zombies.

jokkir

Finished downloading. Now... where should I preorder this? Best Buy might give out 800 points for a new game (10$ worth) but EB has a preorder bonus

cacildo

Aiming. It's entirely optional, but I'm really digging it.

Like face raiders?
It seems a great idea, to be fair.

Im out of the loop when it comes to 3ds stuff...

So this game comes with the Circle pad pro, but it also have this Gyro aiming option? And touch screen aiming, i imagine...

Like face raiders?
It seems a great idea, to be fair.

Im out of the loop when it comes to 3ds stuff...

So this game comes with the Circle pad pro, but it also have this Gyro aiming option? And touch screen aiming, i imagine...

Yeah, kinda like face raiders, but without the AR stuff it doesn't appear nearly as janky. It works really well.

There's a CCP bundle, but you can also get a cheaper standalone version with just the game. Touch controls are not an option.

Aim with the gyro while moving with the nub, it's really nice.

Tilting for fine aim is great. Liked it a lot in OoT and I'm glad it's not a thing for the 3DS and Vita. Never understood why it wasn't tried more on the PS3; I remember only Killzone 2 let you do it with the sniper rifle. In general I have trouble with fine aim and analog controls, so it's a nice middle ground. That one Wii U ubisoft shooter from last E3 uses it too (killer clowns or something?)

Rekubot

Played this three times.

First time I thought meh, good game for Resident Evil fans I guess, but I don't see the appeal.
Second time I played on hell mode, died near the end at the scissor monster, better but still no reason to buy.

Then I heard about gyro controls, so I went back and switched that on. Holy shit. Still not day one perhaps but I'm definitely buying it. So much fun.

Ok, that demo was impressive.
The graphics are just phenomenal (dat fog room :O), and the pacing and controls are amazing (even without the second nub, that gave me problem in mercenaries, in here its controls perfect). Scanning is really fun.

I was going to buy this day one, but yeah, now is day 0

BTW, theres an option in the menu to force 3D even more (Strong 3D), the game looks fantastic like this if you want to experience the game in 3D.

If you want to play without jaggies just switch the 3d all the way down. I was told that 3DS games get less jaggies with the 3d turn off. Well, this is the only game were I noticed this is totally true.

cacildo

Yeah, kinda like face raiders, but without the AR stuff it doesn't appear nearly as janky. It works really well.

There's a CCP bundle, but you can also get a cheaper standalone version with just the game. Touch controls are not an option.

Well, i hate touch aiming anyway.

But the default aiming setting, without the circle pad pro is just using the analog stick? So you cant walk and aim at the same time, like BH4 or 5?

If this gyro aiming catches on, i bet we will see a lot of it on WiiU

Well, i hate touch aiming anyway.

But the default aiming setting, without the circle pad pro is just using the analog stick? So you cant walk and aim at the same time, like BH4 or 5?

If this gyro aiming catches on, i bet we will see a lot of it on WiiU

Pretty sure you couldn't do that in RE4.

Did anybody finish it on hell mode yet?
I keep running out on ammo, just before the elevator.

I really like that on Hell difficulty, everything is changed.
You can even pick up an MP in the dinning room.

Also like that you can dodge enemies if they near, but you have to time it right, only managed to do it twice yet.

I ran out of ammo not long after the room with all the smoke and then got killed by the monster with spike arms, I haven't played a RE game in so long, I'm rusty.

Top Bottom