• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

I have the ccp bundle pre-ordered, but after playing this I still don't see myself playing with it. Type A is classic RE4 control scheme. Works flawless/perfect with the gameplay, so no need to fix this.

Omzz

I was pretty impressed with the demo. The controls felt great and natural. Not sure if the 49.99 price tag is worth it though. I might end up waiting.

PSGames

The graphics are gorgeous in 2D, 3D adds more jaggies than any other game I own on the 3DS. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

I have the ccp bundle pre-ordered, but after playing this I still don't see myself playing with it. Type A is classic RE4 control scheme. Works flawless/perfect with the gameplay, so no need to fix this.

Im in the same boat.
the thing is, maybe we will need CCP for other games, so why not get it now.

The graphics are gorgeous in 2D, 3D adds more jaggies than any other game I own on the 3DS. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

After playing all my games with 3D on, I cant get myself to play them in 2D. For me they feel plain and boring like that. Although I like that in RE the jaggies nearly totaly disappear, somthing that maybe makes me play the game like that also.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
*walks in room*
*sees two giant enemies walking around*
*exits room*

Welcome back RE!!

Hahahaha that's where I died!

WTF I hit A for Herb but that shit didn't work lol

Gonna play more of the demo later, I did have fun though

Boney

Banned
Pretty weird that this and Mercenaries has sensitivity controls about the aiming. RE4 had standard aiming which had different handling for each weapon, so it made some other weapons aim slowlier to balance stuff out.

Well, either way, gonna try it out now!

Vader: I have a feeling that I haven't felt since...

LOL @ very strong 3D setting, it's actually making my general vision 3D! This white text entry box has that "sucked in" effect! Think I'll just keep it at "strong" because very strong is like some Maker's Mark shit.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Jesus the graphics and image quality are incredible in 2d.

3d here though is just the window style stuff like in OoT which I don't enjoy a whole lot after Mario Kart 7.

but jesus, the graphics.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Demo felt good to play but dear god, the sound effects were atrociously poor quality. Is it like that in the final game?

Pretty weird that this and Mercenaries has sensitivity controls about the aiming. RE4 had standard aiming which had different handling for each weapon, so it made some other weapons aim slowlier to balance stuff out.

The difference is: "Mikami God involved" and "Mikami God not involved".

btw is there another mode? saw some people talking about it but don't know how to access it.

edit: nvm, guessing it's hell difficulty?

Ashodin

Dat Ass
Dat Demo
DAT GFX

Best looking game on 3DS? Sure!

Jesus the graphics and image quality are incredible in 2d.

3d here though is just the window style stuff like in OoT which I don't enjoy a whole lot after Mario Kart 7.

but jesus, the graphics.

If you put it up to Very Strong enhancer for 3d, you are literally THERE.

wrowa

Can't really understand the audio complains. I was positively surprised that the sound is actually quite good and strong. Haven't played with headphones yet, though.

NewFresh

Music is really good and atmospheric
I liked the scanning more than I thought I would
The 3D is not oppressive at all
The controls are really easy to get a hold of and work great

I think the demo just sold me one picking this up.

Did use my headphones (Sennheiser HD 558). Quality is still bad.

That's really my only complaint. The sound is pretty bad, and it's made even worse by the constant scraping leather sound Jill's weird fetish outfit makes when she walks.

Everything else was great, though. I'm glad I locked this in at $40.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
If you put it up to Very Strong enhancer for 3d, you are literally THERE.

I took your advice and completely agree. My only problem now is I can notice slight ghosting on my screen. but shiddamn, if this isn't really, really good. touch screen camera works really, really well too.

I think i owe zoramon an apology- this is the only time i've been able to slide my bare thumb on the 3ds touchscreen and be satisfied with its response.

The 3D is insane. I feel it actually adds to the tension of the game when you turn corners and get jumped by those grey bastards. Will be importing this as soon as it's available.

Getting a slight bit of ghosting/double images though. Doesn't matter what level the 3D slider is at in game and on the 3DS. Anyone else or just me?

btw is there another mode? saw some people talking about it but don't know how to access it.

edit: nvm, guessing it's hell difficulty?

Yeah, it's pretty interesting actually. The item and enemy placement is very different. You get more ammo and better weapons to counter more and different enemy types. Going back to previous rooms after finding the scanner grants you some extra ammunition for the shotgun for example. And you actually want to scan the enemies to get the 100% completion benefit. I also thought that changing weapons through the touchscreen in the heat of battle works better than using the d-pad. It's pretty cool.

Yeah, it's pretty interesting actually. The item and enemy placement is very different. You get more ammo and better weapons to counter more and different enemy types. Going back to previous rooms after finding the scanner grants you some extra ammunition for the shotgun for example. And you actually want to scan the enemies to get the 100% completion benefit. I also thought that changing weapons through the touchscreen in the heat of battle works better than using the d-pad. It's pretty cool.

Hm I kinda hope I can start with this mode right off the bat.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Getting a slight bit of ghosting/double images though. Doesn't matter what level the 3D slider is at in game and on the 3DS. Anyone else or just me?

If the image is composed of really bright objects against a dark background, then you'll get double images on anything other than the absolute lowest position of the 3D slider. It's a problem with the display technology.

Risible

*walks in room*
*sees two giant enemies walking around*
*exits room*

Welcome back RE!!

LOL. I did the EXACT same thing :).

What does the CCP add to the game? It seems to handle perfectly with the standard controls. What is the second circle pad used for if you use the CCP with the game?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Btw is this section the beginning of the game ? I guess so, but I wanna be sure.

If the image is composed of really bright objects against a dark background, then you'll get double images on anything other than the absolute lowest position of the 3D slider. It's a problem with the display technology.

Was wondering why because SML3D & OoT 3D never gave me any trouble but this did. Thanks!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
do I A: keep my pre-order with Zavvi, for the CPP bundle, with the crappy delivery or b: buy the game from Amazon, pay more but have a reliable delivery, then buy CCP later on?

meaning I will lose monies compared to Zavvi but get the game on time.....

fuck it going Amazon. route and Canceling my Zavvi order...

muu

The 3D is insane. I feel it actually adds to the tension of the game when you turn corners and get jumped by those grey bastards. Will be importing this as soon as it's available.

You play around w/ the distance from eyes to the screen? Bringing it in a little closer (or farther away) can go a long ways to preventing minor double image issues.

01DragonFly

This demo is just awesome . Playing right now with the 3D slider depth in strong, but in very strong the game just feels so alive . The game has low volume for the sound >.< the only thing I did not like. Loving the controls but it feel that with the pro will be a little better , we will see.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The sound effects are really good, and it really adds to the experience. I think I died after killing 4 of those things; it's definitely challenging. Also the visuals are really nice, along with the 3D. They really put a lot of effort in this game. I'm sooo buying this.

Boney

Banned
Ok just finished the normal run, and I gotta say, if the regular games delivers as much as the mansion part, game's gonna be pretty damn great.

Enemies being bullet sponges work really well, just like regular zombies in the old RE. Movement has a good sense of speed, but I do miss hold B to run, I don't think the slidepad is particularily comfortable for walking. The 2 special enemies really felt well realized, and the set pieces were really well done. Not particularily difficult, but still felt tense. Graphics are nice and clean, and audio, although SFX are weak in quality, music was pretty good.

My only reservation, which has been since they showed it, is the scanner. Although it provides a nice tradeoff between having a weapon ready, it doesn't make a particularily fun gameplay mechanic. Boxes and hidden items in RE4 served a much better purpose than long green view, and checking every corner for some ammo. The game is also pretty generous with ammo thanks to it as well, gonna need to see Hell mode for this as well.

A subweapon button for grenades is exactly what I recommended after playing 5, so seeing this really makes me happy. Just as the touch screen regular weapon switch is perfectly position to change the weapon while you move.

Demo definately did it's job, and I'm definately picking it up at launch and enjoy raid mode.

Top Bottom