• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Haven't played through it all yet, but it's pretty nice. I enjoy the feeling the game gives, but maybe it's just
being in the mansion
. I don't want it to turn into a RE5 blast fest.

Well, i hate touch aiming anyway.

But the default aiming setting, without the circle pad pro is just using the analog stick? So you cant walk and aim at the same time, like BH4 or 5?

If this gyro aiming catches on, i bet we will see a lot of it on WiiU

You can walk or move sideways, you just give up aiming controls for movement so your aim will be 'stuck' in same position until you stop moving.

jokkir

The audio quality is still pretty terrible since Mercs. :(

Other than that, good demo. I need to play this on a 3DS that's not broken though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
You can walk or move sideways, you just give up aiming controls for movement so your aim will be 'stuck' in same position until you stop moving.

I sort of prefer if it's a way of bringing back the feeling of vulnerability. Running and gunning, no thanks.

I sort of prefer if it's a way of bringing back the feeling of vulnerability. Running and gunning, no thanks.

It is more or less like the older system but with little freedom, like moving backwards while shooting ahead. The CCP on the other hand just lets you run circles around monsters while emptying clips into their skulls, I'm sure thats not how the game was designed to be played. If you're playing with CCP you better start off with hardest difficulty or its going to be a cakewalk.

Celine

Is there a time limit on the demo, or does it just quit on you if you let it idle too long?
the latter, too quick to be the former.

Must be because the demo, is the same that Capcom will use in the shops.
Under that condition that's a fine behaviour.

Short but gave me a good idea. Glad I pre-ordered it for $40 on Amazon, I'm really hyped now!

I put the 3D on very strong and I actually couldn't handle it lol. Keeping it at just strong.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Seems pretty good, already liking it more then I did with my entire play-through of Resident Evil 5. I'm hoping though that there are a lot of variety of areas; As in, some more open ones. While the corridors are scary, the openness of RE4 made for a whole new type of scary. You never knew what was coming or what side it was coming from. The musical score is amazing though and I'm really digging the atmosphere.

I'll be playing the demo with strong 3D next time, then Gyro controls after. So far 3D doesn't seem to add much to the game, and I could imagine Gyro controls making the gameplay a lot more intense. So should be interesting to see.

By the way, ever heard of holding doors open for women, Parker??

Luigi87

the latter, too quick to be the former.

Must be because the demo, is the same that Capcom will use in the shops.
Under that condition that's a fine behaviour.

Hmm, makes sense. Thanks. Guess I'll need to idle less.

So far liking the Type-C controls + Gyro Aiming.
Would enjoy having the CPP for camera over the face buttons though, so... Will have to look into that.

Alrus

Heh I really suck at horror games >.> But the game looks really nice and the gameplay is fine.

I guess the Circle Pad Pro just makes the game even easier to control.

Very strong burned my eyes lol. never doing that again. So far I like it. Have to not suck though. That cutter thing almost killed me.

I enjoyed the demo. Firs things I noticed was allowing me to walk and shoot as well as removing the run button (finally! There's an analog stick there for a reason). The atmosphere reminds me a lot of the old games, which is great. I wish the music was more like RE 1-3 since it would really complement the oldstyle mansion setting, but whatever. I'm not a huge fan of the Ooze; they are less fun to kill than Ganados, but more intimidating.

Fess

I ran out of ammo not long after the room with all the smoke and then got killed by the monster with spike arms, I haven't played a RE game in so long, I'm rusty.
Hehe same here, I had 4 handgun bullets left when facing the spike arm thing, bam bam bam bam graaaraghhhhh - "You Are Dead"
The game looked and played great anyhow, nice to see Capcom back in the game again, definite purchase.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Really good demo I thought. I was really enjoying the 3D and then I turned on 2D. 2D looks gorgeous, I'll probably just switch between the two during the game. Also, what's up with the lighting in this game? There are very noticable differences between each room and when you open a door from a well-lit to dark room or vice versa it takes a second for the lighting to change so it's like the lights are turning back on or off when you open the door. Not a huge complaint just something I noticed.

I really enjoyed it though and I feel much better about my preorder. :)

Great demo. Enjoyed it and I'll definitely pick it up next week (Europe). I don't like the 3D effect though. Doesn't do much in this game, and when turned off it gives you anti-aliasing which we all love. Looks alot better with 3D off. Also, noticed some pretty heavy frame drops with both 3D on and off, looks like the 3DS is struggling.

Still, game is very cool (the demo at least). A true Resident Evil game!

Vrakanox

My two cents on the demo.

This is the direction Resident Evil should have gone in after REmake. The atmosphere is spot on. The sound quality is excellent with headphones on and definitely delivers.

The only thing I dislike is the episodic format, give us a big area to explore. The way it is now makes it feel way too linear.

Id love to see a big budget game in a similar vein on home consoles.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
My two cents on the demo.

This is the direction Resident Evil should have gone in after REmake. The atmosphere is spot on. The sound quality is excellent with headphones on and definitely delivers.

The only thing I dislike is the episodic format, give us a big area to explore. The way it is now makes it feel way too linear.

Id love to see a big budget game in a similar vein on home consoles.

I want an episodic format simply because it is on a handheld device, pick up an play and all that.....

well still hoping for RE4 on the 3DS ehehe, I am jsut bitter as I havent got the demo to play yet :(

Is there an auto-dodging system in this, kinda like what they showed in early trailers of RE5? On the very first monster encounter I ran out of clip and hit the reload while trying to run past it just as it swiped its tentacle, and Jill just did a quick duck while reloading mid-animations, missing the hit completely. And I was totally expecting to get hit in the face.

pulga

Banned
Oh wow! That was really good. Gyro controls rock, will probably be my default. 3D to the max is the way to go as well. Graphics are godly, though jaggies are prevalent with the 3D on.

Basically, this is what RE5 should've felt like. Loving the setting. I jumped about three times. The infected design is pretty neat, especially that last motherfucker with the blades.

Edit: Biggest gripe with the game? The sound quality. What the fuck am I shooting with, pea shooters?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS RESIDENT EVIL, classic fucking RE with RE4 controls!!!

That demo is so awesome!!! I drained a tub to get a screwdriver to use to open a locked device, plus when I got the screwdriver you hear a crash in the other room and moaning, classic RE scenarios!!! I was running out of bullets! The environment is perfect and the music is incredible. The regular enemies act like boring zombies, you just pump bullets into them but there was this thing at the end that beat the shit out of me. The controls (classic mode) feel perfect. The 3D effect is right there with OoT as the best 3D the system has, crack up the 3D effect to very strong in the menu. Graphically looks beyond anything the 3DS has done.

I haven't even done the other mode, I am in love!

Looking good. Literally.

I'm also torn between the depth from 3D and the antialiasing from 2D. I wish we didn't have to choose but at least it's between two very nice options.

I'm not feeling the gyro controls. Maybe I need more practice with it. Will try analog controls next for comparison.

pulga

Banned
Looking good. Literally.

I'm also torn between the depth from 3D and the antialiasing from 2D. I wish we didn't have to choose but at least it's between two very nice options.

I'm not feeling the gyro controls. Maybe I need more practice with it. Will try analog controls next for comparison.

I couldn't switch back to 2D. Looks so boring in comparison.

Vrakanox

What does everyone think about the scanning for items thing? I'm not sure if I like it or not. I'd rather just search for them normally.

What does everyone think about the scanning for items thing? I'm not sure if I like it or not. I'd rather just search for them normally.

It gets a little dumb when you play the game multiple times, because you already know where that stuff is located. But for one playthrough I think it's fun, especially with the gyro controls.

waicol

Banned
Dat ass.

Demo is great, controls are handcrafted for the 3DS and the music is phenomenal. Feels good walking while stabbing those mutants.

What i get from the demo is that scan isn't obligatory, so i guess key items would not be scannable, it's a good way to not lose time and battery charge Y'ing every corner.

Top Bottom