• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Got the game and the CPP a couple of hours ago. Have only played Episode 1 but I am really into it so far. Seems like the game is doing well, the Gamestop I went to first was pre-order only so I picked up the CPP and had to go down to another store to get the game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Umm..let me think for a second here.

- You took no damage
- You killed every enemy in the area
aaaand.....huh... time? Every item? Dunno about the third.

EDIT:
OR IS IT S-Rank? Yelp

I think 100% in shooting.

ReconPeon

I added most of the people on that friend code list last night, but if i you've added me and I haven't added you back yet don't delete me. I'll add the rest of you after I'm out of class.

Phenomic

Are most people getting misprinted copies? Or did they fix that for the most part. UPS just dropped mine off from Amazon and it's clearly a Revelaitons.

Not sure if I should open it up or keep it sealed for big money in 15 years ... lol

MooMoo

Are most people getting misprinted copies? Or did they fix that for the most part. UPS just dropped mine off from Amazon and it's clearly a Revelaitons.
If I remember correctly from the other thread, all first-print copies have the typo. They only fixed it for later copies/shipments.

Anyways, about to play the first chapter! HYPEEEE :D

Picked up my preorder this morning, along with the slide pad pro. (Which I find to be way more comfy than some were saying)

Awesome graphics. Chapter lead-ins are funny. Dialogue is awesome.

My SWEET ASS down there!

Next week Tekken and Tales of the Abyss. Shortly after; Metal Gear, Crush3D, Rhythm Theif and Kid Icarus.

I need my tax return now.

just went to go get my lunch and picked up my copy before heading back to work. Did anybody else get fucked over on the gamestop preorder case.

wc6sZ.jpg

ReconPeon

I think that somewhere someone said that since they dropped the price of the game, gamestop wasn't giving the case out anymore. By the way is the circle pad pro worth picking up? I'm on the fence about it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Aaaaaaaaaaaagh fucking
Underwater sections freaking cockroach/fish dudes, aaaaargh fuck them, kept getting dissorientated, managed to make it clear after a while but had to end the game as commute to work was over

my most hated enemy in the game so far, I can hear Weird's Laughter from here..

not far left of the game and loving it so far, possible GOTY for me on my 3DS, overall GOTY? year has just started lol, looking forward to Raid Mode once all levels unlocked

wrowa

So Raid mode is not accessible right away? What do you have to do to unlock it?

Also, does this have at least two save slots?

Two save slots, and you unlock the first stages of the Raid mode after you've finished the first three episodes of the main game. You gradually unlock more stages if you progress further into the game.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Yeah sorry about that, just on night shift brain, not yet awake, I have fixed them...

at least I didn't
Mention Rachael
LOL

I remember being able to aim my knife strikes in the demo. Can you not do so in this game with the CPP? Also, I remember reading about charged melee attacks. How do I do so with the CPP?

jtrov

Picked this game up on my lunch break and I can't wait to dive in when I get home.

Here is my FC for some Raid Mode action: 2363-6212-8253

I already added all the FC's from a page ago, so feel free to add me back. I'm really looking forward to getting a few runs in tonight. I hope I unlock it tonight so I can give it a try.

olimpia84

I just beat Chapter 3 and unlocked Raid mode. Can I jump straight to Raid mode without having anything spoiled story wise?

I just beat Chapter 3 and unlocked Raid mode. Can I jump straight to Raid mode without having anything spoiled story wise?

It should be okay story wise... but all the environments you'll visit will be spoilered, and the 'boss' character too if someone uses that for raiding, like I do.

Just HOLD DOWN the button when the meele symbol is there. Camera tilts down, slo-mo, hit. Same animation but waaaaaaay streched.
Ohhhhhhhhh

You charge the "melee attacks". For some reason I was thinking of the knife as a melee attack.

Is there a way to make the melee attacks happen more often? I would shoot enemies in the foot in RE4 to try and get the suplex move to happen, or shoot an enemy in the face to kick them to the ground.

Basically, are there any strategies to taking down foes in this game?

Ohhhhhhhhh

You charge the "melee attacks". For some reason I was thinking of the knife as a melee attack.

Is there a way to make the melee attacks happen more often? I would shoot enemies in the foot in RE4 to try and get the suplex move to happen, or shoot an enemy in the face to kick them to the ground.

Basically, are there any strategies to taking down foes in this game?

Not sure, but I noticed:

If you shoot the Ooze dudes in both arms/tentacles, they'll get stunned, allowing you to melee them. The guys with the scissor arms get stunned when you hit them consequently in the head, but I also noticed that shooting their arms works, somehow.
Something that always works is throwing a stun grenade /derp

But yeah, stunning the enemies isn't so easy in Revelations. Not a bad thing imo.

Not sure, but I noticed:

If you shoot the Ooze dudes in both arms/tentacles, they'll get stunned, allowing you to melee them. The guys with the scissor arms get stunned when you hit them consequently in the head, but I also noticed that shooting their arms works, somehow.
Something that always works is throwing a stun grenade /derp

But yeah, stunning the enemies isn't so easy in Revelations. Not a bad thing imo.
I'll try that. Thanks. I think I remember doing a melee attack in the demo after shooting one of those dudes in the arm. Also, I'm not sure why you spoiler tagged that. I'm sure that was all in the demo.

Toge

If anyone on east coast/midwest wants to blitz through raid mode i can help with that lol so you can go straight to trench!

I can confirm that shooting the bad guys from the demo in the arms until limp(usually 1-2 bullets per arm) and you can melee. Here is what happened in one instance:

I shot enemy A in one arm twice, then the other once, then moved in for my charged melee attack which killed Enemy A and Enemy B, who was right behind him. So three handgun bullets and one charged kick killed both enemies. At the beginning, it seems like you can trip on how much ammo they are giving you on Normal.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What does image quality have to do with the scariness of this game? Of course you play horror games at night :)
A LOT.

It's not image quality I'm talking about, rather, appearance of darkness. I remember when I got my first LCD (on a gaming laptop, actually). I was crushed by how terrible the black levels were. Unfortunately, this has remained an issue for years.

Silent Hill, for instance, was scary as hell back on a CRT in a dark room. On an LCD, however, the dark areas are so washed out that they may as well be gray instead. That's the issue.

Of course, different people find different things scary, but the darkness of the screen makes a huge difference for me. Horror games kind of left me behind once flat panels became the norm. My Kuro still does a damn fine job, but it isn't quite as good as a CRT for horror games. Most flat panels are a joke.

Just a pet peeve of mine as horror games were among my favorite genres, but the changes in display technology actually really killed them for me. That's why I don't care about the Silent Hill HD collection, honestly. Those games are simply not going to look any good on a flat panel due to their heavy usage of darkness to create tension.

delta25

Banned
I just noticed that the cutscenes are all using in-game graphics minus a few CG ones like the one at the start of the game.

Pretty impressive stuff for the 3DS, Id say its the best looking handheld game on the market right now.

Oh and the games is fucking awesome

Just got back with my copy a few minutes ago - charging the 3DS to get it ready for a nice long play session.

The Gamestop experience was as pleasant as always - it took them a few minutes to find where the employees earlier in the day had left the Circle Pad Pros, and they ran out of the cases that were supposed to come with the pre-order, so I didn't get one of those. I wouldn't really use it, but it's still annoying.

Anyways, looking forward to digging into the game. Will be playing with headphones for sure.

Hale-XF11

Sweet, this game just nudged me into Club Nintendo platinum status.

Also, I was surprised to see that the 3DS doesn't lock into place when using the CPPro. It just sort of sits in there.

NeoRausch

Sweet, this game just nudged me into Club Nintendo platinum status.

Also, I was surprised to see that the 3DS doesn't lock into place when using the CPPro. It just sort of sits in there.
Huh?

mine sits tighter then a string on a pig. Got problems to remove the 3ds sometimes.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
A LOT.

It's not image quality I'm talking about, rather, appearance of darkness. I remember when I got my first LCD (on a gaming laptop, actually). I was crushed by how terrible the black levels were. Unfortunately, this has remained an issue for years.

Silent Hill, for instance, was scary as hell back on a CRT in a dark room. On an LCD, however, the dark areas are so washed out that they may as well be gray instead. That's the issue.

Of course, different people find different things scary, but the darkness of the screen makes a huge difference for me. Horror games kind of left me behind once flat panels became the norm. My Kuro still does a damn fine job, but it isn't quite as good as a CRT for horror games. Most flat panels are a joke.

Just a pet peeve of mine as horror games were among my favorite genres, but the changes in display technology actually really killed them for me. That's why I don't care about the Silent Hill HD collection, honestly. Those games are simply not going to look any good on a flat panel due to their heavy usage of darkness to create tension.

But you have your OLED goggles. :(

Lucked out. UPS dropped it off at my apartment office, and thankfully tonight was the night they were open until 7, so I was able to grab it after work.

Time to get started...

Toge

I don't know how people are playing this without a CCP for an extended period - the 3DS is so damn uncomfortable to hold!

Grisby

just went to go get my lunch and picked up my copy before heading back to work. Did anybody else get fucked over on the gamestop preorder case.
wc6sZ.jpg
Yeah. My best friend works at GS and said that Capcom only gave their store 1. Still, he said that apparently they were of a pretty shitty quality anyways.

hayejin

Yeah. My best friend works at GS and said that Capcom only gave their store 1. Still, he said that apparently they were of a pretty shitty quality anyways.

I got the case from best buy. It's an all right case really. It's similar to those SF, Mega Man or Resident Evil cases Capcom sold through their stores. It's a lot thinner and actually better than those thick clear plastic ones.

Top Bottom