• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

olimpia84

Up until last night I beat all the levels up until chapter 6 and taking my time. Today I've playing the game non-stop (currently in chapter 11) because I want to know what the heck is going to happen next (story wise).

I used to LOVE the RE mythology, I loved the storyline but in recent years it has just gotten to the point where I don't care. This game was the biggest indication of that. So I put into words what I felt and sort of wrote an editorial on it. You can read it here if you'd like.

Wizpig

Sexy = whore? Getting tired of this misogyny on gaf.
Have you heard some of her (Jessica) lines and seen the way she clears a Raid level? (breaking the golden goal).

And have you seen some of her costumes? whore alright. it's called fanservice.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Have you heard some of her (Jessica) lines and seen the way she clears a Raid level? (breaking the golden goal).

And have you seen some of her costumes? whore alright.

I've just heard one of them. She's a bit*h! :lol

Toge

JESUS CHRIST!!! Akimbo and I just had a bit of session on abyss difficulty

The difficulty ramps up steeply stage 5 and above - tonnes of monsters, and not just the bog standard monsters either, the chainsaw ones, the armoured ones, powered up or fast and small.... grenades are your best friend

NeoRausch

JESUS CHRIST!!! Akimbo and I just had a bit of session on abyss difficulty

The difficulty ramps up steeply stage 5 and above - tonnes of monsters, and not just the bog standard monsters either, the chainsaw ones, the armoured ones, powered up or fast and small.... grenades are your best friend
Jst played the first level,
two giant crab boss. Dudeds in the firstlvl?! WTF?!
No problem though. Lovley magnum and super hardcore machine gun cleared that shit.

but abyss....thats where the fun starts.

Toge

Jst played the first level,
two giant crab boss. Dudeds in the firstlvl?! WTF?!
No problem though. Lovley magnum and super hardcore machine gun cleared that shit.

but abyss....thats where the fun starts.

Those were easy...

I used to LOVE the RE mythology, I loved the storyline but in recent years it has just gotten to the point where I don't care. This game was the biggest indication of that. So I put into words what I felt and sort of wrote an editorial on it. You can read it here if you'd like.

This is good stuff! The story in Revelations is ass but I was expecting RE5 tier crap so was entirely unsurprised. As much as I enjoyed the story in RE4 in a 'one-shot' fashion it seems the series has been unable to recover from the detour it took unfortunately. I too used to care about these characters (thanks to the first two games) now don't care or feel like I know them at all.

Neiteio

And have you seen some of her costumes? whore alright. it's called fanservice.
Yeah, well, I don't know what this is, other than pure amazing:

rev3.jpg

Her outfit from the Terragrigia flashback. Unlocked in Raid at lv. 40. My primary motivation for leveling up!

Seriously, the grey tights and officer's cap...

BRB

So I ordered the Frankenstick (Circle Pad Pro) from Gamestop.com, but it was backordered. But I do not want to start Revelations until I have it due to discomfort reasons.

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to restock a backordered item? I figured it wouldn't take too long since this thing is new, so we'll see.

So I ordered the Frankenstick (Circle Pad Pro) from Gamestop.com, but it was backordered. But I do not want to start Revelations until I have it due to discomfort reasons.

Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to restock a backordered item? I figured it wouldn't take too long since this thing is new, so we'll see.

I would say just order it from Nintendo.

Jarsonot

I just got to the first boss. I need help, because
I've spent 10 mins or so running around the area, shooting him, shooting the barrels when he gets close, etc and I keep dying because he'll randomly get me and hit me with the one hit kill

You get
a rifle just before the first boss. If you check it out in the weapon box, it does a ton of damage. I pretty much stayed out on the platform outside his room, shot the lock off, shot the canister when he was coming at me, and then shoot him until he gets close, jump in the room. shoot/grenade him in the room, jump back out on the walkway. he always walks around and you can take him down pretty well this way w/o worrying about running away from all the ooze.

That's how I did it, anyway. It definitely wasn't on my first try. I think this boss is a little frustrating because of the amount of time one spends on failures. =) First time I went up against him was like a 5-minute battle, and after I lost I had to set the old system down fer a bit and was kind of pissed off. Couldn't really think of anything other than what I was doing, and thought I did that pretty well, so didn't really want to go into it again for awhile.

Changed my tactics up a bit, and blammo.

Grisby

Does raid mode spoil a lot of levels from SP? Want to get started on it but am a bit hesitant.

Also, bout how many chapters are there fellows?

Does raid mode spoil a lot of levels from SP? Want to get started on it but am a bit hesitant.

Not at all. That's why you have to play the first 3 chapters of the story first to unlock the first 7 Raid stages. They are based on locations of the 3 chapters. And so it goes on, after chapter 6 you get the next batch of stages. Don't worry!

disco

Just beat this game. It's totally awesome. I really really want a sequel. I have a feeling one won't happen though because no doubt when it was first put into production Capcom wanted insane sales and so far we have good sales. I hope this sells 1-1.5m worldwide. I know it can do 1m at least.

Effect

Just unlocked it and the first batch seem to be areas you've already been to up to that point. I assume when the next batch is unlocked you'll already have moved through those areas in the campaign. So it doesn't look like things will be spoiled. There seem to be
stages.

Erm... I disagree with a lot of these things. You're kind of inventing and placing a lot more importance on Jill and Barry's bond that was never really there. They had nice interaction from time to time but the type of relationship you described is a lot more over the top and requires some imagination. Also, Leon treated Ada differently in RE4 because at the end of RE2 right before Ada died he found out that she was a spy working for Wesker and that he presumed her dead. Of course he's going to be a lot more stand off-ish towards a woman that lied and betrayed him. Krauser's background story had been expanded since then so you understand his motivation. Also, RE0 and RE3 were completely useless to the plot and just served as fanservice promoting everyone's favorite avatars Jill and Rebecca returning. RE5 was what came along and made RE0 and RE3 relevant to the main plot rather than just side stories that did nothing to further/expand the RE plot.

I agree Jill and Chris are emotionless avatars but they have been that way since the beggining of RE. Also, Jill's motivations were because she works for the BSAA to eliminate biohazard threats since she's been through a few. The only time Chris started to become more emotional was in RE5 when Sheva almost died. Revelations also connects and is relevant to RE5's plot and Capcom confirmed that Revelations sets up the plot for RE6.

Regardless of people's opinions on RE's plot this does nothing out of the ordinary for RE. It has an interesting plot that keeps you guessing where you'll end up next as well as the typical RE tropes. It also has awkward voice acting and completely ridiculous lines just like every other RE. In my experience the plot is nowhere near the atrocious levels of RE5 and RE:CV or the weird scenarios such as Chris boulder punching or "Jill Sandwich".

Grisby

So...so Raid Mode is pretty good.
Just unlocked it and the first batch seem to be areas you've already been to up to that point. I assume when the next batch is unlocked you'll already have moved through those areas in the campaign. So it doesn't look like things will be spoiled. There seem to be
stages.
Not at all. That's why you have to play the first 3 chapters of the story first to unlock the first 7 Raid stages. They are based on locations of the 3 chapters. And so it goes on, after chapter 6 you get the next batch of stages. Don't worry!
There are 12 Chapters IIRC.
Ha ha, yeah thanks for the replies guys. Just said screw it and went in. As I said above the mode is freaking amazing. Love it. Do you earn new characters and outfits just by gaining levels?

Luigiv

Just beat this game. It's totally awesome. I really really want a sequel. I have a feeling one won't happen though because no doubt when it was first put into production Capcom wanted insane sales and so far we have good sales. I hope this sells 1-1.5m worldwide. I know it can do 1m at least.

This game had a really short dev cycle, I can't imagine it that it's budget was all that huge. Should be very profitable for Capcom even if it's sales aren't insane.

Anyone want to play raid, I am level 12 and I am currently doing stage 12. My friend code is in the list.

BTW greatest bonus mode in the history of RE. Bye bye Mercs you have been beaten.

kiryogi

Banned
So the first boss
was a complete joke. I admit I used an exploit on him by window hopping near his room. But realistically, he's no different than the chainsaw majini/ganado. I wasn't even close to being out of ammo on all my weapons minus the rifle. I think I've had too much practice on dealing with his type in Mercenaries. But really, I owned him like a boss

So...so Raid Mode is pretty good.

Ha ha, yeah thanks for the replies guys. Just said screw it and went in. As I said above the mode is freaking amazing. Love it. Do you earn new characters and outfits just by gaining levels?

Go to the Missions menu. They are split into story and Raid missions. Go one screen to the right to check your progress on the Raid missions that unlock new characters/costumes.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
ytoyC.jpg

LOL. Saw this in the first two minutes of playing the game. Who the hell works in Capcom's English department? Shit like this is just embarrassing, especially after the box spine typo.

olimpia84

Got to the final boss but gave up after he killed me twice. Will try again tomorrow...it's just not a fun fight at all imo =/

SteeloDMZ

Banned
There's a dog-jumping-through-window-like moment in chapter 4 that made me jump
the monster in the room where there was a Chris dummy
. So good.

watershed

Banned
I just found out I'm better at aiming in this game without the CPP than I am with it. I might stop using the CPP for the rest of my playthrough.

Neiteio

Reactions to the "drone" scene:

Part One: A race against time before the satellite vaporizes the ship? Holy shit!

Part Two: OK, closing in on the drone controls, a couple minutes left on the clock, and AHHH! RACHAEL!

Part Three: OK, slowed the bitch down and I'm nearly there, I should be safe now, and... Is that a chainsaw I hear? Oh fuck me.

So awesome. This game. <3

Finished earlier today and have about 10 hours in Raid Mode.
This is easily my second favorite of the series after REmake.

Before just watching someone else play, I though I would hate Parker but turned out to really like him.

Don't get the story complaints, thought it was alot better than 3,4 at least for me.

Wizpig

Yeah, well, I don't know what this is, other than pure amazing:

Her outfit from the Terragrigia flashback. Unlocked in Raid at lv. 40. My primary motivation for leveling up!

Seriously, the grey tights and officer's cap...

BRB
I think her best outfit is the snow one - i actually like the look of the character (who wouldn't) other than the exaggerated lips ( they put such lips even on Jill in the beta artworks. ;_;)

It's just that they really pictured her as a whore D: if you pick the MGS or No More Heroes games not every sexy character talks about her sexy ass.

Mdk7

Played the prologue and the first chapter yesterday and... WOW.
The atmosphere is amazing, the story surprisingly interesting, it plays great (thanks to that fugly frankenstick) and look even better.
I'm hyped, really... And haven't feel like this for a Resident Evil game for ages.

I have only two complains:
1) ghosting is pretty evident and a little disturbing
2) there's a mistake in the prologue... The ship is said to be in the Mediterranean sea, but when Jill's on the beach scanning the corpses she says that Chris is "in the middle of the Ocean"... WTF?
Didn't they teach geography to BOW hunters? :p

disco

Played the prologue and the first chapter yesterday and... WOW.
The atmosphere is amazing, the story surprisingly interesting, it plays great (thanks to that fugly frankenstick) and look even better.
I'm hyped, really... And haven't feel like this for a Resident Evil game for ages.

I have only two complains:
1) ghosting is pretty evident and a little disturbing
2) there's a mistake in the prologue... The ship is said to be in the Mediterranean sea, but when Jill's on the beach scanning the corpses she says that Chris is "in the middle of the Ocean"... WTF?
Didn't they teach geography to BOW hunters? :p

I noticed a spelling mistake on the beach scanning bit too. I recall it's in the second part of the beach when you inspect some sign or box or something.

Top Bottom