• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Already played 10 hours according to the stats on the 3DS, and I only finished ch. 6. Capcom sure did a great job at packing a lot of great content in this game.

XPE

This game just show how piss poor the port of Mercs was, the raid mode work 1st time ever time with very little lag, I wish I could say the same thing about mercs

wsippel

Banned
Just finished the game. Good stuff. Not a fan of the bosses, but I really love the episodic structure and TV show like presentation, and the new characters are great. The ending certainly hints at a possible sequel with the new cast.

Lord_Byron28, Vyse The Legend and radioheadrule83, I think I ♥ you! Thank you all for your help :).

From what you've said I now know that I had got to the last stage more than once and just couldn't finish him off but was approaching this boss in essentially the right way.

However, I definitely feel happier about tackling him now with your input. I was completely unaware of the tell you mention because I was using a different method to locate my target so that will be much easier, I think.

Oh and is Raid mode okay for me to tackle solo? I'm playing the Campaign on Normal Difficulty and have had quite a bit of trouble with some of the bosses.

I do want to do it co-op as well but would like to get at least competent at it first so as not to hinder any co-op partner.

Lastly, if once I finish the Campaign, does the game let me start a New Game + on that save slot with all my previous unlocks etc intact?

Just finished the game. Good stuff. Not a fan of the bosses, but I really love the episodic structure and TV show like presentation, and the new characters are great. The ending certainly hints at a possible sequel with the new cast.

I just beat the game as well. I'm wondering if this all leads up to RE6 or not, I believe Capcom hinted that it would.
I don't get why Raymond and Jessica are still working together after the events that transpired. I'm also wondering if perhaps Jessica and Raymond are working at the same organization as Ada. Both Jessica and Raymond at the end seemed to operate independently of the FDC, Veltro or BSAA.

What makes the CPP lose connection? It seems random. I'll leave my 3DS in standby mode overnight and the CPP is still connected. Then I leave it in standby for 20 minutes and the CPP has lost connection. What's the deal?

olimpia84

Finally beat the game today. Will give detailed impressions later but I'd say this is a 8.8/10 game. It was a fun experience overall and here's hoping Capcom releases a sequel sometime in the near future.

NeoRausch

Oh woah, raid mode in abyss is pretty awesome tough. Gonna need some help later.
eating first and stuff.

abyss stage ummm.. I think 3 or 4. Gonna hit the chat before.

Bwahahaaaa!!! He is dead! DeaddeaddeaddeadDEAD!!! [Dances around the room with a manic girn on*]

His heart burst reaaalllll good Peppy old pal!

* figuratively speaking

Time to spend some time on GAF to calm down before jumping back into the game :).

NeoRausch

Bwahahaaaa!!! He is dead! DeaddeaddeaddeadDEAD!!! [Dances around the room with a manic girn on*]

His heart burst reaaalllll good Peppy old pal!

* figuratively speaking

Time to spend some time on GAF to calm down before jumping back into the game :).
Imagine Congratz 3D!

welcome to the club of bulletsponge squarepants killers. ;)

Imagine Congratz 3D!

welcome to the club of bulletsponge squarepants killers. ;)

Thanks :). It felt really good when I did it [after a few failures; needed to get my rhythm back since the save took me right into it] and was almost surprised when the end came.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to clarify the New Game + aspect and then I'll re-start
hint

How do you get more missions for RAID mode? I seem to randomly get new ones in there from time to time, without completing the existing ones. They just simply show up.

I don't play online either.

Thanks :). It felt really good when I did it [after a few failures; needed to get my rhythm back since the save took me right into it] and was almost surprised when the end came.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to clarify the New Game + aspect and then I'll re-start
hint

Yes, you can play New Game+ with all your unlocks on the same file. You can change the difficulty too, if you want.

How do you get more missions for RAID mode? I seem to randomly get new ones in there from time to time, without completing the existing ones. They just simply show up.

Progress in the game and/or Street Pass, I believe. I have Raid mode missions yet I haven't even tried that mode yet.

Yes, you can play New Game+ with all your unlocks on the same file. You can change the difficulty too, if you want.

Woo! Thanks :). Oh and thanks again for your help earlier; it definitely helped!

NeoRausch

One set of stages(four i think) for every three stages in campain, something like that.

New difficulties are unlocked by beating the one before.

and you REALLY SHOULD play online. It's fucking awesome

EDIT: ohhhhhhh...missions! Joke is on my side

NeoRausch

How many rare weapons are there?

I assume there's one for each weapon type.

So far, I have:

Pale Rider - magnum
Hydra - Shotgun
Muramasa - rifle
Gold-plated AK47 (I forget the name).
It's easy to get rare weps, but it's hard to get them on a usefull level later on. They look cool though.

Sadist

Yes, Bonus stage cleared :D

But now I want a sequel to this game :( Capcom should work out a few of the kinks (a certain duo injecting comic relief for instance) and here's hoping the game will sell enough to warrant a follow-up. Allthough I wouldn't surprise me if the 3DS got a Mercenaries 3D 2 or a Resident Evil: Raiders title.

Newsboy

Neo Member
Anyone else feel that
the image of Chris and Kill heading towards a mansion is a hint that they'll be remaking the original RE for 3DS? I mean, Revelations is set well after the Racoon City incident (it even gets mentioned in the story) but the way it says something about the horrors that await Jill and Chris, then shows the mansion.... it just makes me think that'll be on the cards next.

Thoughts?

NeoRausch

You don't have to shoot/fight every enemy. So I gunned down all the essential mutants for old keys and went to the deck for a massive brawl. I made it, somehow :p
Ok, that's pretty impressiv. Congratz man. I'm still working up my way to lvl 50. I don't even wanna talk about the bonus stage.

Anyone else feel that
the image of Chris and Kill heading towards a mansion is a hint that they'll be remaking the original RE for 3DS? I mean, Revelations is set well after the Racoon City incident (it even gets mentioned in the story) but the way it says something about the horrors that await Jill and Chris, then shows the mansion.... it just makes me think that'll be on the cards next.

Thoughts?

You didnt play RE5 Lost in Nightmares did you. Its just showing that this story leads into RE5.

NeoRausch

Thanks for the good games, toge! And from the money i've got i just bought a lvl 42
Pale Rider
with two slots.

eqiupped magazin +7 and damage +5 and that makes a gun with 11 shots and 35.817 dmg. Will come in handy i guess. :p

Neiteio

I'm lv. 17 in Raid. That means I'm still 23 levels away from Jessica's Terragrigia outfit. :(

On another note, Capcom needs to make a combined Raid and Mercenaries game, with lots of all-new locations and creatures as well as classic ones, and ALL the Resident Evil characters. And the weapons shop should be managed by RE4's Merchant.

Oh yes.

Wizpig

Argh, i hate the Weapon Box music.

The music itself is so relaxing, beautiful,... <3
BUT THERE'S A SOUND EFFECT RUINING THE WHOLE THING.

I even searched on Youtube and an uploader said
Note: the hiss noise you hear in this track is actually part of the music.

:mad:

As for Raid it's quite a Phantasy Star Online-ish mode... in the way you can't stop playing for better stuff etc; i'd love to see it in Resident Evil 6.
Better than Resident Evil: SOCOM for sure.

This game is a fucking ACE, ten out of ten in my book, joining RE2 and RE4.

Amazing graphics, soundtrack, gameplay, story, characters... everything. And that ending scene, LORD SAVE ME! I need a sequel!

Jessica >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

resident-evil-revelations-jessica-wetsuit-artwork-render-1.png

Cookychan

Banned
I just beat the game as well. I'm wondering if this all leads up to RE6 or not, I believe Capcom hinted that it would.
I don't get why Raymond and Jessica are still working together after the events that transpired. I'm also wondering if perhaps Jessica and Raymond are working at the same organization as Ada. Both Jessica and Raymond at the end seemed to operate independently of the FDC, Veltro or BSAA.

The vial on the table at the end has a 6 in bubbles. I guess that's your hint. Anyhoo, from what I gathered, Jessica was a Veltro operative all along.

Wizpig

I'd like more Raid costumes for Jill :( only 2, seriously? Capcooooooommm

Also Episode 5 was...
lol, these new nerd characters are amazing.
Honestly, you can't get Resident Evil vibes at all while these ****ers are around, but they are so funny.

Mafro

Wow, just plaid raid mode with some level 43 guy called BOSS. He had that magnum with the comically long barrel and was one-shotting everything.

Ridley327

Beat the story today, and it was quite a ride the whole way through. I felt like they could have done without a couple of the expository missions towards the end there, but more time as
Parker
is a good time indeed.

The entire last chapter put such a big stupid grin on my face, and that music! What music!

I repost them here, so people don't have to dig too deep:

AndrewDean84xX__________0946 2259 9774
Toma____________________2191 7626 0648
Cwarrior _________________3480 2553 6304
NintendoGal ______________1075 0708 3958
weird____________________4639 8940 9147
boris feinbrand____________2019 9637 7448
jufonuk __________________2277 6685 7486
kamorra _________________2664 2164 4466
AkimbO_Arcana ___________3394 3575 4066
XPE _____________________1504 5776 5139
The perfect Dark___________0559 7475 3457
Phife Dawg________________0173 1278 8671
Nicko ____________________4253 3495 9513
profit ____________________3566 1713 2484
Luigiv____________________0173 1316 9263
slaughterking______________0602 6475 2803
The Evil Ganon ____________3007 8108 3296
Vidiot ____________________0216 0799 8851
Sadist____________________2363 5742 0044
loborzelda ________________2363 5624 2558
Evilcrane _________________2406 5147 3160
ReconPeon________________4682 8480 9046
MiamiWesker______________0731 4748 8002
Ken______________________3780 9033 8017
jtrov_____________________2363 6212 8253
01DragonFly_______________2492 4132 9240
BigDin69__________________1719 3175 9888
Sammy Samusu ___________4296 3009 6559
SteeloDMZ ________________4511 0776 3365
Westraid__________________2234 7257 0692
The M.O.B_________________4768 7672 0830
Lothars ___________________2664 2261 4686
indigodomino ______________4639 9730 0549
Incitemaybe _______________2621 2608 3510
delta25 ___________________4038 6009 7078
Vyse The Legend ___________4296 2976 2330
smug_____________________4639 8989 7962

Chat: http://us5.chatzy.com/32578855196823

Seik

Banned
Holy shit, I went to three stores, two gamestop and one microplay, and all of them were out of stock...D:

THREE

Top Bottom