• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons |OT| 3D Jill Sandwiches

Perhaps not recalled, but it did end up getting a pretty low initial shipment from what I can tell. The typo is probably to blame for that, but I guess we'll see what happens when the (corrected) second shipment shows up.

Japan and Europe also got low shipments. I believe the typo was US exclusive.

Mdk7

Holy shit, this game is GOOD.
Like really, really, REEEAALLY fucking good.

Chapter 5 (or 6? i don't remember, LOL)
that part with Chris, rushing to save Jill... Only to find out you're on the wrong ship.

Truly amazing stuff.
/bows

Finally had some time to play the first episode. I'm really enjoying it. It's impressive on the 3DS.

Great seeing Jill as the lead again. Haven't got into the filler chapters with other characters but I'm liking the game a lot.

Mdk7

Mock if old, but I thought this trolling Amazon review of RE:R (the only one on the site that's not 5 stars) was side-splittingly hilarious:

Whole thing at http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-Revelations-Nintendo-3DS/product-reviews/B0050SVLI2/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

In other news, I'm waaaaay behind the GAF median on progress on this game, but the Mayday boss fight was epic.

i LOL'd hard here.
My god.

From his profile...
A quote on his Lulu (Metallica & Lou Reed Album) review:
"After listening to this album, I cried for at least an hour. I thought Metallica would never top their masterpiece, St. Anger, but this album makes St. Anger look like just an appetizer."

ahahah

EDIT #2:
No way, he can't be serious.
Here's his review of a Beethoven Compilation:
"Beethoven not only ripped off that movie's name, but his music is plain awful. All the songs are radio unfriendly with no rapping in the songs, no distorted guitar, no St. Anger drums, and no hard bass. Just some music you'd find in an old folk's home. And if this guy is so good, how come he's not on MTV and why isn't there any Beethoven shirts in Hot Topic? Hopefully he can make a deal with them when he records his next album.
They also say that composers such as Mozart can make your baby smarter, but if you want your baby to be a genius, play ICP, Limp Bizkit, Korn, or Nickelback instead. "

Either he's a huge troll, or the biggest idiot ever.

that part with Chris, rushing to save Jill... Only to find out you're on the wrong ship.

Truly amazing stuff.
/bows

Yeah, I thought that action sequence was very well-justified by the game's narrative; it fit in great with the plot. If they had made it a slow/gloomy crawl through the ship, it wouldn't have had nearly as much impact. Also, the music was epic.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Could very well be related to M-rated games not being particularly noted for doing great numbers on handhelds, but I think we might be due for a rethink on that. :D

Oh, I hope it happens, and so your hopeful thinking becomes truth, especially if the second shipment comes fast.

One thing I think almost everyone agree about is the graphics: the snowy mountains, the two Queens...it's all outstanding. Except for the framerate in the elevators, wow at them...but not in a good way ._.

One chapter for me. I decontaminated it ASAP, did the promenade section, and next chapter it was clean.

Thanks; I should be able to go back to it soon then, hopefully :).

Truly amazing stuff.
/bows

Heh, I re-played that section last night and had completely forgotten that I was not on the same ship as them until the end of it :)

Mpl90

Thanks; I should be able to go back to it soon then, hopefully :).

Heh, I re-played that section last night and had completely forgotten that I was not on the same ship as them until the end of it :)

Eh, the fact there were two twin ships left me saying WTF at the end of Chris section XD

ATTENTION, BIG SPOILER ABOUT THE LAST PART

And I've been even more surprised, laughing even a bit, that there was a THIRD twin ship, the Queen Dido. The last chapter...outstanding atmosphere O_O

The game's highlight for me. No doubt about that.

Same for me, so unique for the series.

SPOILERS
when they were putting on the scuba gear I was thinking Metal Gear. The amazing music, then the out of water portion

the sorry Chris your Jill is in another ship moment was awesome aswell, their entrance, the music, you have some badass guns rushing to save Jill

Mpl90

The game's highlight for me. No doubt about that.

The choir, the opening of all the doors, the music itself. Then, the last corridor before where Norman is. And in the end, what a battle fight.
Awesome

P.S. For those who are interested, the game is back in stock at Gamestop.com

Eh, the fact there were two twin ships left me saying WTF at the end of Chris section XD

ATTENTION, BIG SPOILER ABOUT THE LAST PART

And I've been even more surprised, laughing even a bit, that there was a THIRD twin ship, the Queen Dido. The last chapter...outstanding atmosphere O_O

The thing is, is that there is a document or journal that talks about the Queen Zenobia being designed by George Trevor and that there was a sister ship. When I saw that I just thought that I should've seen that coming. I kinda paused and wondered about the Queen Dido when it was casually mentioned in that flashback scene.

Mdk7

Ok, beat chapter 7 as well.
And again, WOW.
The countdown run was pure thrill, you could feel the pressure increasing every second, with the clock ticking out and monsters everywhere...
Awesome

I hope it stays this good until the end, at the moment Revelations is surely among my 3 favorite Resident Evil games ever.

Mupod

I wish George Trevor designed my house. I'd never be bored.

I do like that the Chris and Keith sections actually had them heavily armed which seems to go against all the rules of Resident Evil special forces teams. What was Jill thinking going into that creepy-ass ship with nothing but a pistol?

Cookychan

Banned
Anyone made or found any loops of the MAAAAAAAAAYDAAAAY or Foooooound Yoooooooooou clips and stuff yet?

Also, I was laughing at my results for Episode 2 (second playthrough). It spelt out BSAA.

O3Oya.jpg

NeoRausch

Anyone made or found any loops of the MAAAAAAAAAYDAAAAY or Foooooound Yoooooooooou clips and stuff yet?

Also, I was laughing at my results for Episode 2 (second playthrough). It spelt out BSAA.

O3Oya.jpg
I can't see (cooky) shit!

EDIT:

Sory, that was mean!

clean your screen, fix the light and never, never ever use a flash in front of a screen again!
a screen is illuminated in itself. No need for aa flash.

Grisby

So, raid mode. How do I get legendary weapons, are they color coded or something? Also, at the character select screen why would I ever want to change my level, to make the game harder for myself?

Can anyone confirm that this song is singing lines from Dante's Divine Comedy in Latin?

Yep, is old Italian. There are just two verses from Divine Comedy, repeated:

Per me si va ne la città dolente,
per me si va tra la perduta gente.

The problem is, like every ominous chorus chanting, the singers stretch and deform the syllabes so much that the words became unintellegible.

Ridley327

So, raid mode. How do I get legendary weapons, are they color coded or something? Also, at the character select screen why would I ever want to change my level, to make the game harder for myself?

Legendary weapons are, as you can imagine, rare drops. There's no color coding involved with them. They are:

G18 - Handgun
Hydra - Shotgun
Drake - Shotgun
High Roller - Machine Gun
Pale Rider - Magnum
Muramasa - Rifle

It's possible to buy everything but the Drake and the Muramasa in the store, but as you can imagine, prepare to pay out the ass for them.

Grisby

I can assure you that you definitely want a G18; it's basically a machine gun with close-to-zero recoil and crazy base damage.
Neat. Yeah, I'm a big character and outfit fan so I'm looking to unlock more of those. Kinda cool how they have specific attributes though.

Legendary weapons are, as you can imagine, rare drops. There's no color coding involved with them. They are:

G18 - Handgun
Hydra - Shotgun
Drake - Shotgun
High Roller - Machine Gun
Pale Rider - Magnum
Muramasa - Rifle

It's possible to buy everything but the Drake and the Muramasa in the store, but as you can imagine, prepare to pay out the ass for them.

How do you know that the Muramasa can't be purchased in the store? Damn, I grinded the store for hours to get it :(
I'm lvl 43, still no Muramasa for me...

Ridley327

How do you know that the Muramasa can't be purchased in the store? Damn, I grinded the store for hours to get it :(

I've tried, trust me. :)

Every single one of those weapons have shown up for me outside of the Muramasa and the Drake.

The Muramasa is insane, BTW; the base damage on even low levels (mine is a level 16) is astonishing. If I ever get a high level one, every shot has the potential to be just as strong as the rocket launcher. Slap Charge 2 on it and hubba hubba! The only downside is that it doesn't hold a lot of shots and the reload takes a bit longer than the High Roller.

Mpl90

I already purchased it at level 20, IIRC. And I'm always upgrading it when I have the possibility :D

Mpl90

You are going to throw it away faster than you think.
Rare weps just start to be really cool at highter lvl's.

Well, right now I'm at level 30, let's see when I'll get a better Muramasa.

(Maybe I already changed the first one with a better one, but I don't remember right now)

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ok am on the final boss just a few questions

I heard about an infinite rocket launcher where can I pick it up?, any way to avoid hs ground slame attack? I figured out the purple smoke is the real him, I find the rifle powerful but a fucking pain in the ass to aim, use shot gun instead?

I heard about an infinite rocket launcher where can I pick it up?, any way to avoid hs ground slame attack? I figured out the purple smoke is the real him, I find the rifle powerful but a fucking pain in the ass to aim, use shot gun instead?

IDK about an infinite rocket launcher must be for something else. I reccomend Shotgun, Magnum and Machine gun. Use the Shotgun for most of the battle. Use the Magnum when you have some clear shots to do massive damage and use the machine gun as a back up plan just in case.

Just stand still when he teleports in front of you and blast him with a shotgun at his heart. This will cause him to stumble backwards and not hit you. He'll play tricks on you with fake ones attacking you first. When he starts charging at you start trying to blast as much ammo into him as possible preferably magnum ammo to finish him off quickly.

It's an unlockable I think.

For the boss, what I did was use a rifle until about the time he would change the way he attacked. So yea use a shotgun right to the heart should stop him from using the ground slam attack.
I won't take my advise to the heart though as it took me like 6-8 tries lol.

Top Bottom