• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

ironcreed

Banned
I just spent 45 goddamn minutes wandering around Raid Mode stage 15, and I was still missing an old key and couldn't open one door. That stage is crazy. People want nonlinear, tense Resident Evil? Raid mode is it.

Sounds excellent. I was going to hold off, but I could not wait for this one anymore. Bought.

jediyoshi

DLC out for the PC version

ss_732f7029a03e177ed138b6f6487d60c87e6939ed.1920x1080.jpg

There are 6 weapons and 28 parts in all. Parts include Giant Rabbit's Foot 3, Green Belt 3, Poisonous Lure 3, Hunting Gear 3, Dehumanizer 3, and more.

ss_c5804d9603bcf983bfaf410c64bbfbcc0f1f1308.1920x1080.jpg

There are 6 weapons and 27 parts in all. Parts include Long Magazine 10, Fire Rate 4, Damage 5, Piercing 2, Aura of Strength 3, and more.

Bladenic

Finished with 8:33. Good game. Would have been much better without:

1. The non ship parts.

2. All these useless and terrible new characters that will never be used again.

I would like a sequel given the ending, though I question when it will place given the series timeline.

L.O.R.D

question:
if i am on high level, what to do with this DLC ? i already have better weapons
and
are my weapons wan be level up too ?

Ridley327

question:
if i am on high level, what to do with this DLC ? i already have better weapons
and
are my weapons wan be level up too ?

The DLC does have some really good custom parts in there, so if you don't feel like being a victim of the drop rates, this would be a good way to get quality parts.

That DLC is crap.

Finished it 9:06'53 on Normal. Got lost quite alot though, which was frustrating a few times. Map was useless... saying "go to the deck" BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE FUCK IT IS?! Too many repeated sequences too... I mean sure the old school games had it but that doesn't hold up anymore? It was kinda annoying going back to the same areas over and over... or maybe I did it wrong if it thought it was overkill.

AI is useless... don't understand the point of it in this game. They cant help you if you get grabbed, you do most things alone anyways, no enemies go after them, no commands to 'control' them etc. Should've been a solo game with co-op raid mode.

Actually enjoyed the characters. Favorite is Parker by far.
Glad he didn't die.
Hope to see him in future games along with Jessica too. Rachael was... interesting. Raymond meh. The others arent worth commenting on.

Would be nice if they made a game that told events of when Jill was under Wesker's control.

when i was on law level (i think level 12 ), i joined some one on ghost ship level
he was using 1 kit KO cheat
we finished the level and i gained ~25000 EXP
I was about to leave but said "whatever" and finished the last few Abyss missions with him.

didn't get a single good pickup though besides magazine 7.

EekTheKat

Finished Abyss 20 S rank today, got lucky with a very good level 48 player paired with me. I was actually sync killed 3x before we got it all down on the 4th try. Charge Shot 2 made a huge difference in how I did on that map.

Next step, tackle Ghost Ship, though I think I may need to find/farm the Cornucopia mod to keep up in that place.

It's interesting how some characters have unique lines of dialogue when you pair them together. Some are expected, but others were sort of a surprise. On the PS3 version at least I was surprised to hear Rachel :

acknowledge Hunk directly as "Dr. Death" instead of generic banter.

It sort of makes me wonder if Lady Hunk has unique dialogue with some of the other characters.

Finished Abyss 20 S rank today, got lucky with a very good level 48 player paired with me. I was actually sync killed 3x before we got it all down on the 4th try. Charge Shot 2 made a huge difference in how I did on that map.

Next step, tackle Ghost Ship, though I think I may need to find/farm the Cornucopia mod to keep up in that place.

It's interesting how some characters have unique lines of dialogue when you pair them together. Some are expected, but others were sort of a surprise. On the PS3 version at least I was surprised to hear Rachel :

acknowledge Hunk directly as "Dr. Death" instead of generic banter.

It sort of makes me wonder if Lady Hunk has unique dialogue with some of the other characters.
What stage does it normally drop on?

Raijinken

If you play with a cheater and they carry you throughout an entire stage like Ghost Ship, would you even get any valuable custom parts for not doing much of the work?

EekTheKat

What stage does it normally drop on?

Based on how the port version works, it seems like it should be a Trinity Bonus drop somewhere, possibly abyss 16-20. Over on the Steam boards they're saying Ghost Ship has some rare part drops.

I'm hoping I'm wrong though on the Trinity drop and it does in fact drop in Ghost Ship somewhere.

I did a few Abyss 20 farm runs and didn't get anything interesting, outside of a scoped Drake which is totally WTF worthy (as the scope animation in this game is quite slow and it keeps zooming in and out).

Based on how the port version works, it seems like it should be a Trinity Bonus drop somewhere, possibly abyss 16-20. Over on the Steam boards they're saying Ghost Ship has some rare part drops.

I'm hoping I'm wrong though on the Trinity drop and it does in fact drop in Ghost Ship somewhere.

I did a few Abyss 20 farm runs and didn't get anything interesting, outside of a scoped Drake which is totally WTF worthy (as the scope animation in this game is quite slow and it keeps zooming in and out).

Thanks.

ironcreed

Banned
This is pretty damn good. A bit of a slow start, but it picked up rather quickly and I was sucked in by the time I found the helm key. A healthy dose of old school and about the right balance of the new. The exploration of the ship has an especially classic vibe and the moments when you are running around half dead with no herbs or ammo are nice to see as well. A great buy.

Finished with 8:33. Good game. Would have been much better without:

1. The non ship parts.

2. All these useless and terrible new characters that will never be used again.

I would like a sequel given the ending, though I question when it will place given the series timeline.

I could have done without the swimming. I hate swimming levels.

Is there a huge difference between the PC and the 360/PS3 versions? I really want to play this, but it seems that the visuals might not make a huge difference to justify buying it on PC vs renting it for a few days.

Does anybody else have this issue on the PlayStation 3 version when you are in the elevator, the frame rate stutter? Sort of animation freeze/stuttering. Not game breaking. I only noticed this in elevator and no where else. This happen in both, Campaign and Raid Mode.

I could have done without the swimming. I hate swimming levels.
Dido
was one of my favorite parts of the series.

Does anybody else have this issue on the PlayStation 3 version when you are in the elevator, the frame rate stutter? Sort of animation freeze/stuttering. Not game breaking. I only noticed this in elevator and no where else. This happen in both, Campaign and Raid Mode.
That happens sometimes, did it on the 3DS also.

Jawmuncher

Is there a huge difference between the PC and the 360/PS3 versions? I really want to play this, but it seems that the visuals might not make a huge difference to justify buying it on PC vs renting it for a few days.

Depends on how picky you are. Obviously the PC version will have better framerate, but I played it on 360 and had no issues at all playing it. I'd say rent it and maybe grab the PC version during a sale unless you know you'll be sticking to it for raid mode.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't really been paying attention to this (been really busy at work and not gaming much recently), but how did it turn out? For the record I love RE5 and RE6, as anyone in the RE6 OT will know. I've never played Revelations but I've heard it's one of the DS's best games, so I'm wondering what the port is like.

I haven't really been paying attention to this (been really busy at work and not gaming much recently), but how did it turn out? For the record I love RE5 and RE6, as anyone in the RE6 OT will know. I've never played Revelations but I've heard it's one of the DS's best games, so I'm wondering what the port is like.
Besides being harder I haven't really noticed anything off/different.
Still my second favorite of the series. more than 5 & 6 which I also loved/liked.

Somnid

It's part of the engine as the 3DS sometimes stuttered during heavy loading. I'm wondering if that is really what people were talking about all along when they mention stutter? That would also explain why others don't see it, it's was always part of the 3DS version and it doesn't seem odd or a porting artifact.

The game itself is excellent. Not too long, but a little repetitive (areas get reused a lot). The gameplay is a good balance between old and new. You aren't a complete tank and there's shortcuts to herbs/grenades/melee and it has by far the deepest weapon system in an RE. Enemies usually don't come in packs of more than 4 but 1 or 2 can still be dangerous. You'll also consider whether it's worth it to run instead and conserve ammo as it's limited. Classic exploration and backtracking is also there so it's not completely linear but broken up into chapters with a clear objective of getting from point A to B with lots of secrets along the way.

There's also Raid mode which takes stages from the game and plays like the Mercenaries with RPG elements (loot drops, progressive stat boosts, champion enemy modifies etc). Very addictive.

For the port job I don't know if it's because I'm using the Wii U controller Pro but when I played the demo with the gamepad it felt busted and now it feels decent (not great, there's still acceleration and weirdness). Otherwise they added a couple things and cleaned up the graphics but things like the loading mentioned above are still as long as ever. Port could have been better for the price but it's not bad and still the definitive version.

Sectus

I personally think 60fps is reason enough to get PC version.

EekTheKat

And .. ghost ship finished. I got really lucky paired with a Japanese player that was way, way out of my league.

He used a Muramasa, Drake, and I think a machine gun. If I had to guess he had auto reload and/or that custom part that shared ammo between all guns, so he pretty much had effectively 700 or more rounds of sniper/shotgun.

I'm still stuck in mid tier level 45 weapons, I can get about 80% of the short run on Ghost Ship done but kind of run low/out of ammo towards the end.

Miker

Wow, Terragrigia 1 on Trench is kicking my ass. I thought I was doing fine, then BAM, Hunters everywhere. Crazy.

Daigoro

this game has quite the international audience.

I I've played with people from Japan, France, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Brazil, France, Chile, Mexico, UK and more.

pretty cool.

the game is great.

Taruranto

Yeah, the
dido
part was great, i wish we got more of it (and more of the mansion-like area of the Zenobia) instead of the action turd of the last half.

Sectus

So between the two console versions which is better?

I assume you're talking about 360 and PS3. I think PS3 gets a small advantage over having higher quality pre-rendered cutscenes. But the choice between the 2 should mainly be about controller preference and if you have any friends with the game.

Wii U has a few extra small features, but suffers from stuttering with the framerate. And PC version will easily hit constant 60fps on midrange specs.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I assume you're talking about 360 and PS3. I think PS3 gets a small advantage over having higher quality pre-rendered cutscenes. But the choice between the 2 should mainly be about controller preference and if you have any friends with the game.

Wii U has a few extra small features, but suffers from stuttering with the framerate. And PC version will easily hit constant 60fps on midrange specs.

Yeah sorry I meant PS360. Hmm I'm not really sure which of my friends on each system has the game. Do most people in here have the game on one system or another? The RE6 OT seemed pretty PS3 heavy.

Just played the demo of this game. Really liked it, way better than RE6. I would even say that the graphics look better than RE6's. I thought that Jill took a lot of space in the screen though, I could barely see anything else.

Anyway, I'll buy it when it gets cheap. Capcom won't fool me this time with their superior re-releases

Top Bottom