• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Ridley327

Is Hunkette the character's actual name?

And is this her?

Hunkette.jpg

Yep; the artwork makes it a bit more obvious that her proportions are female, but it's the same idea: HUNK top, pantsless bottoms that expose her legs.

They don't have any listings for what Ooze Rachel and Hunkette's skills are, so they may end up being different from what their normal costumes have.

Ridley327

Oh, and NG+ will apply to an Infernal Mode playthrough, so you could stock up on weapons and custom parts and get through Jill's bits a lot easier. Unfortunately, that won't have much of an impact on the game's old chokepoints where you aren't playing as Jill, so good luck with those.

Jawmuncher

Yep; the artwork makes it a bit more obvious that her proportions are female, but it's the same idea: HUNK top, pantsless bottoms that expose her legs.

They don't have any listings for what Ooze Rachel and Hunkette's skills are, so they may end up being different from what their normal costumes have.

I can tell capcom spent a lot of time with that design.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
How long is this one?
I've already pre-paid 30 quid from Shopto, so it should be here any day soon,

Neiteio

Since I've already played this game twice with good controls (3DS), I'll have to test the demos and/or wait for a patch if the HD controls are truly borked.

RS4-

Goddamn, was the camera this close in RE6? Motion sickness is just killing me.

Or maybe because I'm on the damn ship. Does it go anywhere outside of it?

Neiteio

Goddamn, was the camera this close in RE6? Motion sickness is just killing me.

Or maybe because I'm on the damn ship. Does it go anywhere outside of it?
Yes, there are a number of locations outside the ship, actually, and even within the ship there is a ton of variety. It gets a lot more mansion-like and ornate after the more industrial area early on.

6-10 hours? RE4 took me 20+ hours probably so how long would this game last if I played at this pace?

Also tried the demo, reminds me of old school RE, bullets were generally scarce though the aiming is really numb. Surprised how good it looked tbh. One more thing, Jill's ass is distracting :p

G-Fex

So I figure I play through it twice or thrice to get used to it. Then attempt a knife only run. If possible.

6-10 hours? RE4 took me 20+ hours probably so how long would this game last if I played at this pace?

Also tried the demo, reminds me of old school RE, bullets were generally scarce though the aiming is really numb. Surprised how good it looked tbh. One more thing, Jill's ass is distracting :p

Are you scanning the environment? Ammo is plentiful in the demo.

XPE

I have it on 3DS but stopped due to the controls mostly.

I wish Wiimote aiming was in.

I played it through the game with the 3DS CPP, which is why I surprised about the controls on the consoles and PC.

Wii mote aiming now there’s a missed opportunity, surprise surprise I’ve been playing RE4 Wii today and the aiming still works wonders =D

wow the deadzone on the wii u version is horrible

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. I started playing with the game pad and felt there was something off with the aiming. So I switched to the pro controller which I've been really looking forward to trying out with a game because of the symmetrical upper analogue sticks placement. But it felt just as terrible.

It wasn't until I then tried the 360 version that i noticed how large the dead zone was on the wii u version. it felt much better on 360 but still feels "off". Bit hard to get excited for this game after the perfect combat and aiming controls in Dead Space games. And I played about 90% of the 3DS version and sold it in anticipation of buying one of the console versions.

I've yet to try RE4 HD but RE5 and RE6 felt fine.

Davey Cakes

Toyed around with the demo again on Wii U.

The dead zone is pretty bad. I notice that I overcompensate for it when aiming in combat, which makes it harder to hit my target properly.

Interestingly enough, what alleviates this is changing aiming speed to slow, not fast or very fast. Much easier to keep stable after leaving the dead zone, though maybe this is obvious.

Now if only turning speed and aiming speed were treated separately.

Ridley327

So, going by from what I remember from the original 3DS game and what I saw in the guide, it looks like there's a total of three new enemies for Raid mode, two of which are reskins (more or less) of other enemies.

-The Wall Blister (the totally brand new enemy that they debuted this version with)
-Black Fenrir (a, err, black Fenrir)
-final boss spoiler
Ghost Norman, a.k.a. T-Abyss: This one is interesting because I thought the screenshot that had him was his HD look, but there are two different Normans now. No idea what he does differently from the regular one, but he's more purple and it looks like his stats are higher than regular Norman/T-Abyss, so he's got that, at least.

Neiteio

I love this game too much, and almost don't want people to play it if the aiming is screwed up now. The game deserves a better first impression. :-\

I love this game too much, and almost don't want people to play it if the aiming is screwed up now. The game deserves a better first impression. :-\

I just beat it on 360. Honestly had no issues with aiming after a few minutes. I highly enjoyed this game!

Neiteio

I just beat it on 360. Honestly had no issues with aiming after a few minutes. I highly enjoyed this game!
My HD platforms are WiiU, PS3 and PC. :-\ I do have a 360 plug-and-play controller for the PC, though.

The 3DS version has good aiming? I thought it felt really wonky, even with a CPP.
I felt the aiming was perfect on both 3DS and XL, no CPP needed. I played it just like you'd play RE4. It was excellent, as smooth as silk.

For a game that seems shorter than RE5 dunno if I want to pay $50. Can't believe the laser sight is gone...

What kind of settings did you guys use to fix aiming sensitivity?
I have to agree though about your remarks and the costumes.
It dissapoints me that some people can act that way over optional costumes.
also to the changes to certain characters faces. ;)

Teknoman

It goes without saying that the Raid mode should have voice chat right?

I hope the WiiU version allows for invites from the menu. Only online game I have for the system is Sonic racing and Monster Hunter 3...havent ventured online with Sonic yet, and I know MH doesnt have invites.

NateDrake

My HD platforms are WiiU, PS3 and PC. :-\ I do have a 360 plug-and-play controller for the PC, though.

I felt the aiming was perfect on both 3DS and XL, no CPP needed. I played it just like you'd play RE4. It was excellent, as smooth as silk.

I'm playing it on Wii U and the controls feel fine to me. They are not perfect, but I have yet to experience any major issues with aiming.

Neiteio

I'm playing it on Wii U and the controls feel fine to me. They are not perfect, but I have yet to experience any major issues with aiming.
I'm guessing you're an Uncharted fan (me too), so how does the aiming compare to pre-patch UC3? That was irksome but I still played UC3 just fine.

Also, to the other guy, hit detection is fine. People who say otherwise aren't shooting the right targets (I.E. arms for regular Ooze, etc).

I was not even aware this had a co-op mode. The fact that I wouldn't be able to play the campaign with my friend like we did RE5 and 6 made me sad, but the Raid mode sounds really cool. Can't wait to get this now.
Just wait till you discover what 'The Ghost Ship' Raid mission is like.
my all time favorite extra in RE.

NateDrake

I'm guessing you're an Uncharted fan (me too), so how does the aiming compare to pre-patch UC3? That was irksome but I still played UC3 just fine.

Also, to the other guy, hit detection is fine. People who say otherwise aren't shooting the right targets (I.E. arms for regular Ooze, etc).

UC3 aiming was terrible pre-patch, no question about that. RE Wii U are better. I'm playing on Default control settings and have had no real issue. I may not land a headshot 100% of the time, but each Chapter Ending has my hit % at least in the 80% range.

Aiming to me felt like they had turned a 4 digital button aiming system into an analog stick, very suprised that capcom did such a thing to the aiming in this game, it's either moving or it's not, right stick might as well be the dpad in this game right now.

Neiteio

UC3 aiming was terrible pre-patch, no question about that. RE Wii U are better. I'm playing on Default control settings and have had no real issue. I may not land a headshot 100% of the time, but each Chapter Ending has my hit % at least in the 80% range.
Hmm. I'll need to get around to downloading the demo to see for myself.

Top Bottom