• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
LOL

all 3 Resident Evil games can be beat under 2 hours
Yeah I know S Rank requires it but the general length is suppose to be 6-8 hours isn't it, that's what I meant or is it that length regardless?
I remember when I first got my PS1 and rented RE1, didn't know a memory card was required the guy at the video store was shocked when I told him I completed it with both characters in two days
1 hour 23 minutes was my second run, he was even more shocked when I told him I had no card lol
I did explode when I was killed by Hunters the first time though

Miker

I don't think I'll start playing until the mouse aiming is fixed. In its current state, it's quite frustrating as you're not exactly in full control. Trying to aim for the head? Good luck...sticky aim back to the chest! lol. Still, going through an old school style Resident Evil should be fun.

I'm offering it for that amount.

Unfortunately, I have Steam wallet credit burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm guessing you won't take $13.90 in Steam wallet and $16.10 in real money.

mikeebi3

Can't wait XD
zlCfzQ_E6lY9YJR841
damnit lol

do you have a fullsize of that?

jediyoshi

how often Capcom PC games go on sale on Steam or Amazon DD?

Fairly regularly actually, they usually hit alongside the other major sales. Especially ever since the last holiday sale when other places like GMG started stocking Steam copies, they've been pushing more and a lot of their older titles are basically sale fodder at this point.

Ugh, getting the PSN version but I'm still tempted by the Wii U mapping and 5 dollars back. Assume more people will be getting it on the PS3?

Edit: Bought on PSN, how is it 12 GBs where the PC version is only 8? Did others on PSN get DLC downloads? I only got the full game.

Ridley327

Ugh, getting the PSN version but I'm still tempted by the Wii U mapping and 5 dollars back. Assume more people will be getting it on the PS3?

Edit: Bought on PSN, how is it 12 GBs where the PC version is only 8? Did others on PSN get DLC downloads? I only got the full game.

I'm guessing the PS3 version uses uncompressed video, like the Wii U version.

I'm guessing the PS3 version uses uncompressed video, like the Wii U version.

That will be nice, so frustrating when PC releases don't use uncompressed video though or at least give the option to download. Hitman Absolution was something like 15 gbs yet the video itself was a horrible, compressed mess. Honestly the thing that bothers me the most in games graphically when they use pre-rendered video and compress it to hell.

Ridley327

That will be nice, so frustrating when PC releases don't use uncompressed video though or at least give the option to download. Hitman Absolution was something like 15 gbs yet the video itself was a horrible, compressed mess. Honestly the thing that bothers me the most in games graphically when they use pre-rendered video and compress it to hell.

Yeah, it's weird that even now, developers still use compressed video on the PC. Surely, modern processors, GPUs, and not having to worry about fitting stuff onto a disc would abolish such a practice?

Ken

Picked up my copy but can't find a match in Raid. Guess I'll just play story mode until it actually releases.

Aaron

ORC, SSF4AE, RE5, DR2/OTR, DMC4, LP1/2 have all pretty much hit $10 or lower at this point, and that's just on Steam. GMG had a pretty big blowout last holiday season

http://www.steamprices.com/
The newer games haven't been that cheap, and the older ones were out for a while before they got serious discounts. The 25% off GMG is offering for this game is as steep as it'll go until at least the winter steam sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The newer games haven't been that cheap, and the older ones were out for a while before they got serious discounts. The 25% off GMG is offering for this game is as steep as it'll go until at least the winter steam sale.

That's because Capcom has opened its eyes to PC DD within only the last 9-odd months. As far as Capcom's newer releases are concerned, all there is on that front is RE6 (understandably sitting idle as it's just two months old) and DmC (which I do agree ought to have been discounted by now).

Oh, I would have picked this up on the PC but I had an unplanned GPU death lol.

...you have planned GPU deaths? :p

Toys R Us selling the Wii U version for $39.99.

Not bad. Could be the best version.

Edit: one review mentions the Wii U has a dead zone and its disappointing. What does that mean?

Toys R Us selling the Wii U version for $39.99.

Not bad. Could be the best version.

*shakes fist*

Bought Dragon's Dogma and Revelations on PSN for some reason, what are you doing to me Capcom! Got bummed after the non-existent Resie manual.

79% done on the download, but then I'll have to wait for the absurd PS3 install times. I think Dragon's Dogma took a fucking hour.

Edit: Some reason in that I almost always go physical for games.

jediyoshi

Yes, I should have clarified. The older games I mentioned as in not the newer games that I didn't. In the context of other publishers also existing and having games on sale, it's pretty much par for the course. Not sure of many other games in their library to take into account between then that's throwing any of this off either way, at least not enough to make a definitive judgement that they're somehow sale averse.

Any idea if the Wii U version is up on shop yet?

Just checked and it is not up, hope for the morning I suppose! Surprised PSN released it at midnight, a nice one though. Just going to ask again, was I supposed to get any dlc because I thought I saw someone mention three items somewhere.

Ken

So, played up to level 3 or was it 4. Regardless I fought the first "boss" thing. Game's pretty fun but the enemy variety and hit feedback has been really poor. Aiming feels okay to me but I've never been really been able to pick up things like dead zones or whatever. Game looks fine on my TV though some textures and models give away it's a 3DS port. On the 360, every time I open up a door to a new area there's a brief freeze/stutter which is really annoying. Also the stuttering elevator loading thing being still in the game is disappointing.

I'll keep on trucking through the campaign since I still can't find matches in Raid.

And done installing, only took 45 minutes this time as compared to about 90 for Dark Arisen!
Sony please

dlynchster is my psn name if anyone wants to add me for Raid, will probably go through the campaign again first to unlock all the stages.

Edit: Jeez, Inferno mode is absurd. The enemies take like 8 shots in each arm to stun :/ First pistol in the game obviously though.

Does anyone know where you enter your RE.net information on the steam version? I have a bunch of weapons unlocked through the present codes on the website, but I am not sure where I put in my information.

Yeah, infernal mode seems nigh impossible on a first playthough. Was hoping it was a challenge like No Hope for RE6 but it just spams so many enemies. It's like the Silent Hill 2/3 Hard monster infestations but harder to dodge.

Does anyone know where you enter your RE.net information on the steam version? I have a bunch of weapons unlocked through the present codes on the website, but I am not sure where I put in my information.

Resident Evil net is down right now(maintenance ends in 14 minutes but it was moved up once) but I'm pretty sure on the site there is a place to sync your steam account with resienet. You go to the Windows section, and then sign into your Capcom Unity account. You'll have to sign in via steam's website authenticator and then it'll just automatically update your stats from then on out.

Might not be entirely accurate but you should be able to figure it out. I didn't have to do anything for Revelations given I have the steam version of Resie 6 and as such had already configured my account.

Ordered mine from wowhd so I'm not getting it til next week :( I really wanna see a playthrough of this game and Raid videos but then that would ruin it for me (havent played the 3DS) and I've seen enough spoilers so I want some surprises but gaaaaaawd, I'm so impatient.

*runs to RE6 mercs*

Resident Evil net is down right now(maintenance ends in 14 minutes but it was moved up once) but I'm pretty sure on the site there is a place to sync your steam account with resienet. You go to the Windows section, and then sign into your Capcom Unity account. You'll have to sign in via steam's website authenticator and then it'll just automatically update your stats from then on out.

Might not be entirely accurate but you should be able to figure it out. I didn't have to do anything for Revelations given I have the steam version of Resie 6 and as such had already configured my account.

Thank you for the reply. I will roll with the starter pistol until it is up.

Resienet is back up and seems to have gotten a massive overhaul but it's currently broken because it won't let you choose your region in the new set up.

Edit: Issue is fixed, so nice now. Don't think they made everything universal but at the main menu it lists Revelations and 6 and lets you choose the platform of your choice right there. Works so much better.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Playing for the first time on Infernal difficulty. I touched the 3DS game a tad, but this is my first full time through it. Been having a blast. Initially I was almost overcome with how hard Infernal Mode is, but I am glad I have stuck to it. Currently just beat episode 3, and been really fun living life on the edge.

Pezking

Played both the PS3 and Wii U demos yesterday simultaneously.

I really liked the gamepad inclusion, and I had no problems with the controls on both platforms.

But the framerate on the PS3 was quite a bit smoother. I think I wouldn't have noticed the microstutter on the Wii U at all if I only played that, but especially outside the ship it was very noticable when I switched between PS3 and Wii U multiple times.

So if you want the Wii U version: Don't play the other demos, and you should be fine. I think the port is alright, but after my experience yesterday, I will get the game for PS3.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just noticed a really nice touch on the main menu. I just beat the third episode of Revelations, and now instead of the shadows of the Ooze being in the background there is a shadow of the first boss in the background moving about. Nice subtle touch, I almost didn't notice.

News Bot

Banned
So the PSN version is uncompressed... Guess I'm changing my purchase then. I'll pick up the PC version when it goes cheap.

Top Bottom