• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

I thought you are going PC.

I'm out of town for three weeks, no access to my desktop! I would be otherwise, plus I have a friend who wants to Raid with me and he has some horrid, early 00s laptop. (why he has several consoles, and can't get a new PC I don't know)

I'll get the PC version when it goes on sale for 20 dollars. Plus by then people will have figured out the downsampling situation. It's my self-inflicted Resie curse.
Yes it does.

residentevil.net

Select Wii U and your language. I think RE6 points will transfer to Revelations within the same platform.

Awesome, might get it on PS3 in that case because I have quite a bit from RE6. Really bummed there's no Wiimote/Move support on either system. 4 and 5 were so good with it.

Is there a way to change how the mouse aiming works in this game? When I place the crosshairs on a monster it gets sticky, taking big swings of the mouse to get it to move again making head shots near impossible. I imagine it'll work better with a controller, but why is mouse aiming so bad?

Is there a way to change how the mouse aiming works in this game? When I place the crosshairs on a monster it gets sticky, taking big swings of the mouse to get it to move again making head shots near impossible. I imagine it'll work better with a controller, but why is mouse aiming so bad?

The said the dev team in Japan are working on a patch that will address that.

Alienous

Oh wow

963881_470704563015884_132398059_o.jpg

Ridley327

Will totally download this starting tonight at midnight for Wii U.

Is this actually going up at midnight? No third party release has gone up at midnight yet on the eShop, although the demo being up at midnight was encouraging news, to say the least.

So, just tried the PC demo. The difference between it and the console version is pretty alarming. The 60fps and mouse aiming make movement and everything so much slicker and fast!

I like that I was able to stun and kick all but one of the creatures. I never would've been able to do that with a controller.

EDIT: The only thing is I can get this for $35 on Wii U, but it's $50 on PC...

It's a shame (but understandable) the game looks so bad.

I think the game looks pretty decent in motion, lighting is a bit basic but I certainly wouldn't call it bad by any stretch.

If the Wii U version unlocks at midnight I might just get it there, will get 5 dollars back and the map in the demo was nice. Inferno was crazy hard though, reminded how much I hated enemies being blobby sponges.

At the same time I wouldn't get trophies or my resienet points. So many choices.

GulAtiCa

Is this actually going up at midnight? No third party release has gone up at midnight yet on the eShop, although the demo being up at midnight was encouraging news, to say the least.
Didn't Need For Speed Most Wanted U go live at midnight?
Though I do know The Cave was live at midnight on release in US eShop. Though that was an eShop game only.

Does the game have a nice color manual for the people who own the retail release or did people in the US get screwed over again like with Resie 6? (we just got a safety slip)

Ridley327

Didn't Need For Speed Most Wanted U go live at midnight?
Though I do know The Cave was live at midnight on release in US eShop. Though that was an eShop game only.

I honestly have no idea; NFS came out the same day as MH3U, which was definitely not a midnight release.

I think the game looks pretty decent in motion, lighting is a bit basic but I certainly wouldn't call it bad by any stretch.

True, it certainly doesn't look "holy crap AVOID!" bad. It does its job.

When I say it looks bad, I mean it in the sense that it's immediately obvious it's not on par with console/PC games. Prior to playing the demo I was thinking they would manage to fool me, but that's not the case.

True enough, is nice to see a console game be so smooth and jaggy free though. Said it above but just went through the Wii U demo, really not a fan of the enemy slow down when you pass over them. I honestly don't remember that happening in the 3DS version, suppose it might not have been as noticeable on a smaller screen.

Alrus

True, it certainly doesn't look "holy crap AVOID!" bad. It does its job.

When I say it looks bad, I mean it in the sense that it's immediately obvious it's not on par with console/PC games. Prior to playing the demo I was thinking they would manage to fool me, but that's not the case.

I guess they didn't really want to spend much money on this, making the game look on par with the console entries would have taken a bit longer.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Since I've already played this game twice with good controls (3DS), I'll have to test the demos and/or wait for a patch if the HD controls are truly borked.
They are. I'm waiting for Cpcom to fix them before I jump in.

L.O.R.D

GMG just send me the keys for the game
the first is resident evil revelations UE
and the second is signature weapon pack
its a pre-load for the game
m5zn_be61633ad050a41.jpg

m5zn_b2b2b89744fc8fa.jpg

Malvingt2

The same can be said of the graphics, too. Revelations on the 3DS looks terrific. Revelations on a Wii U or PlayStation 3 looks rudimentary in comparison to what is already on offer elsewhere. Upscaling the graphics has done the game's visuals no actual harm, but simply existing on a system where standards are far higher does them an injustice. The result is a game that just looks unimpressive now that it has moved from a format where once its aesthetic could enthuse us.

The good news is that, if you don't own a 3DS, I'd still absolutely recommend Revelations. As the best Resident Evil game released in years, it's worth checking out for any series fans yet to give it a whirl. While the aiming and camera are a little awkward, it's something that one does get used to, moving from an uncomfortable aggravation to a mild yet regular annoyance. The important thing to consider is that Revelations works on consoles. I may prefer the 3DS alternative, but this new release is far from unusable.

My recommendation is aided by the improved Raid mode, which has been given more weapons, unlockables, and characters for a richer experience that could almost be its own standalone product. I already greatly enjoyed the addition of Raid to the original game, and the new one has taken up a lot of my time. Playable both solo and with an online partner, Raid is all about blasting through short stages, collecting items and currency to unlock new weapons and upgrades. If you're considering picking the game up, Raid must be a big part of what you're after, as it's totally where the bulk of the fun can be found.

If you already own the original, there's not too much to draw you into a second purchase. Raid is a good start, but outside of that, there's a new Infernal difficulty that switches a few items around and a single new enemy in the Wall Blister. If you really, really enjoy Raid mode, then you'll likely get your money's worth, otherwise you'd be best off sticking to what you already have.

The Wii U version does boast a couple extra features over its contemporaries. The GamePad offers some touchscreen options (notably a few touchable icons for weapon switching) and a handy mini-map located on the screen. You can also play the whole thing remotely on the controller, if you're the sort of person who gets off on that.

Miiverse has been integrated into the experience in two rather amusing ways. Whenever you die, you'll have an option to notify the Miiverse community, and you'll also see messages on-screen from those who died before you. The annoyance of death is mitigated somewhat by the entertainment of furious messages and hasty doodles by those with even less tolerance for failure than yourself. Miiverse is also used in Raid mode, where you can upload creature messages, which will spawn a monster named after you randomly into online games, complete with a pop-up featuring any phrase or image you devised. Naturally, the servers are already stalked by a monster called Sterling with a drawing of Willem Dafoe to show you.

Resident Evil Revelations isn't as good on consoles as it is on the 3DS. It clearly wasn't designed for larger machines, and the somewhat clunky, rudimentary controls indicate that it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up to prove a superior alternative. However, it's still a fine game and still the best Resident Evil game available right now, and if you've not played it already, you truly ought to. If you've already tried it on 3DS, there's not a lot to bring you back, but any other Resident Evil fan would be best served giving it a go.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-resident-evil-revelations-wii-u--254047.phtml

The mouse controls are sooo bad. I think its the acceleration that makes it hard to aim/turn.

Had no issues with turning whatsoever. In fact, it was incredibly smooth. Aiming wasn't great, but infinitely better than using a stick. I was shooting limbs and stunning creatures with ease.

Had no issues with turning whatsoever. In fact, it was incredibly smooth. Aiming wasn't great, but infinitely better than using a stick. I was shooting limbs and stunning creatures with ease.

It might be the fact I am forced at the moment to play at 1080p on my 1440p monitor. Would that effect it? I don't know but I can pick it up for £12.50 at GMG so I am still very tempted.

yay pre-loading! if only this was out in the UK tomorrow, so I could VPN my way into it tonight.

I can't help but laugh at the accusations of sexism. for once we have a video game series that can legitimately say it sexualises all of it's characters. it's been doing it for at least a couple of iterations too.

RS4-

Played 3 mins of campaign, but did three raid missions for the hell of it. Controls are alright, not feeling the sluggish(?) movement when you're doing anything but running. I guess I was expecting it to be more like 5/6 and not something from a handheld.

The shop menu sucks though. Buying parts/consumables makes you back out of the menu, then back in if you want to buy multiples.

Top Bottom